Thursday, February 12, 2009

Bungee Jumping Without A Rope

Brady meets Stephanie at Titan and asks where Melanie is. Phillip announces he fired her.

Melanie meets Max at the Cheatin' Heart. He asks, "Did you come back for the blueprints."

Melanie says, "I really need 'em, Max. You have to help me."

Max says, "Not on your life." Melanie scrunches her face. Maybe with John gone she's the new DOOL face scruncher.

Grace cries and Rafe does what any red blooded guy would do – he calls for her mommy. Sami doesn't show, so he picks her up. Then Sami comes in and asks what he is doing. "I don't have a clue," says Rafe, "I'm also holding Grace."

Nicole warns Sydney never to scare her again. EJ walks into the room, "I Hope you won't be cross with me when you see what I have done."

Rafe fumbles around with both the kid and his words. Sami takes Grace, "Does Agent Big Bad Wolf make you uncomfortable?" Rafe thinks Sami is such a good mommy. Good at abandoning her kids, that is.

EJ thinks maybe he should have consulted Nicole, but didn't so it's a fait accompli. He shows her the society page of the newspaper. It has a big picture of them together and announces their wedding will be march 18. Nicole nukes.

EJ apologizes for deciding on the date himself. Nicole is peeved he made such an important decision without consulting her. EJ offers to push the wedding back and Nicole says since she has so much planning to do, it would be helpful to push it back just a couple of weeks.

"We could get married on April 1," he suggests, "That would be appropriate – April Fool's Day." He decides she needs to get a bridal gown made and thinks she should go shopping for one today. He hands her a check for $10,000. Nicole nearly faints over the amount as EJ picks up Sydney. He takes her upstairs and orders Nicole to go shopping. Nicole heads for Wal Mart to pick up her $19.99 wedding gown.

Brady gets sarcastic, "My personal motto is 'always fire the person who will make you millions.'" Phillip tells them what happened. Brady accuses Phillip of upsetting Melanie, "You blew it. You went bungee jumping without a rope. That never has a happy ending."

Max tells Melanie the copy of the blueprints he has belongs to him. She claims she can beat the DiMeras and Kiriakis with her hands tied behind her back. Max thinks she's out of her league. She offers to cut Max in, "we'll be seriously rolling in it."

"Only 'it' won't be dough," says Max, "Forget it." Some doohickey buzzes in the kitchen and Max goes of too tend to things back there. Melanie considers stealing the blueprints but decides just to take a look. She sneaks behind the bar and pulls out the envelope. Max comes out and catches her. She tells him she was just looking and doesn't understand them anyway, as she hustles out the door.

Melanie stands outside, "You are going down, Phillip K, and I will love every second of it."

Brady gets a call as he and Phillip argue. Nicole asks him to meet her at the pier. Brady hangs up and leaves. Phillip tells Stephanie he tried to call last night. She tells him she keeps seeing the scary side of him.

Melanie shows up at the DiMera mansion to talk to EJ. Nicole smooches him and leaves. Melanie tells him she has enough information for him to destroy Titan.

Brady wanders in the snow. Nicole meets him and hands him the $10,000 check. Brady is shocked she came up with the money so soon. Nicole says she paid Baker off but isn't sure he's done with her.

Grace sleeps. Sami says she wishes she could be with her other kids, but to do that she has to leave Grace. Now that she's had the kid, Sami's getting her chassis back, but there is nothing under the hood. She thinks Nicole is capable of anything, "But I know if I told EJ he is the father, he would drop Nicole in a New York Minute*."

*New York Minute – means something that happens really fast.
DOOL Minute – means something so slow it can last all the Days Of Our Lives.


Rafe calls her bluff and hands her a phone, "Why don't you just do that?"

Phillip thinks Stephanie wants him to be like Max, "You thought you fell in love with someone else, but you didn't. That was me, and I don't think you want me to change. You fell in love with me... Bad me... Scary me... Bionic me."

Prevuze

Melanie tells EJ she has the blueprints and she will give them to him when the time is right. EJ has a rare moment of perception and says he thinks that means she doesn't have them. He also tells her he knows she was fired. Melanie is shocked he knows that and EJ tells her it's his business to know things, "I didn't say I was good at it, just that it's my business."

"I left Titan with what I came in with," says Melanie, "my smarts."

"We're all in trouble aren't we," says EJ. EJ actually seems to be thinking today. Fortunately, we all know it will pass.

Melanie asks for paper and pencil. EJ comes up with them and Melanie sits down and goes to cipherin'.

Sami refuses to make the call. Rafe thinks things could backfire if Sami told him, "He could take Grace and stay with Nicole." Sami insists that wouldn't happen.

Nicole vows not to lose EJ and Sydney.

Sami vows not to lose her baby. Rafe plays devil's advocate. Sami snarls, "Who's side are you on, anyway."

Rafe looks down at Grace in her crib, "Hers."

Grace looks back up at him, "Thank God somebody is."

Brady tries to reassure Nicole and says Baker has a lot to lose if this gets out. He reminds her Mia wanted her to have her baby. Nicole starts to huff off and Brady asks her why she reacted like that. Nicole says there is something she still hasn't told him but he knows too much already and she's trying to protect him. She smooches and leaves.

Brady pulls out his phone and calls Nico, "I need you to track down a Dr. Baker from the Fairway Urgent Care Clinic and Baby Emporium. I need to know where he is right now."

Melanie finishes her work and hands it to EJ. She tells him it's the formula – half of it so she can prove she's legit. She tells EJ she was her father's card counter and has a photographic memory and that's how she can remember all this.

Stephanie insists she wants a man who is kind and sensitive. Phillip thinks she's delusional, "You wanted a bad boy. And I was attracted to you because you're not such a good girl yourself." He breaks into song:

I flinch, I shy, when the lass with the delicate air goes by
I smile, I grin, when the gal with a touch of sin walks in.
I hope, and I pray, for a Hester to win just one more "A"
The sadder-but-wiser girl's the girl for me.
The sadder-but-wiser girl for me.

"If you want scary," says Stephanie, "I'll show you scary."

"No need," says Phillip, "I've already seen you race." He invites miss scary to lunch. She turns him down.

Scotty immediately beams the pair to the pub. Phillip walks up to her at the bar as Melanie makes an order. He stops her from scooting off and suggests they start over. He sticks out his hand,

Please allow me to introduce myself
I'm a man of wealth and taste
Ive been around for a long, long year
Stole many a man's soul and faith
And I was round when Jesus Christ
Had his moment of doubt and pain
Made damn sure that Pilate
Washed his hands and sealed his fate
Pleased to meet you
Hope you guess my name.

Stephanie asks, "What is this, a musical?"

EJ thinks maybe he was hasty in dismissing Melanie's talent. He says he needs the rest of the plans. Melanie says she needs an advance. EJ doesn't think that will be a problem. He says he'll be in touch.

Melanie and Nicole pass as Melanie leaves. "Still here," asks Nicole.

"Get used to it," growls Melanie.

Nicole tells EJ she didn't find the wedding dress yet, but she will. She says she's not upset about the newspaper announcement. It made her realize she has to get all her ducks in a row.

Sami says, "I just want to do what is best for Grace."

"It's a good thing you're abandoning her, then," says Rafe. He goes to get lunch. Sami starts to clean up and sees the big announcement in the newspaper. Sami reads and gasps, "Nicole had a daughter on the same day that I had Grace."

Phillip and Stephanie sit together at the pub. Phillip tells her he's kind of insecure, "When I care about someone and it means something I get shy." He takes her hand, "I want this to work. I'm just trying to be careful." He moves in and smooches her as Melanie walks in. Once Melanie loses her lunch, she apologizes and says she wants to let bygones be bygones.

Sami can't believe the coincidence. She imagines herself in the picture with EJ and curses Nicole. She threatens to stop the wedding, "But I'm not doing that, Grace, because I know Nicole will self-destruct." Rafe walks in as Sami assures Grace, "I will do what is best for you for all the Days Of Our Lives."

Baker and Brady bump into each other down in the Salem slums. Brady tells him to stop using Nicole as his personal ATM. He grabs Baker and slams him into a wall, "Go near her one more time and I will break your freaking neck."

EJ says he has to do just one bit of work and then he and Nicole can do wedding planning. He leaves. Nicole picks up the paper. She gets a call, "Nicole, it's Mia. I know you said never to call you again, but I need to talk. It's about my baby."

Prevuze

NOTE – you can now follow Prevuze on twitter at: http://twitter.com/prevuze

Prevuze II has a video of the daily show previews, which should be available by noon (EST) on any given day. To see Prevuze II: CLICK HERE


14 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Poor Abe Lincoln, you know I did think he was older! HA!

I keep flipflopping on my love hate relationship for Melanie. I do find her extremely annoying at times. But since I Don't watch the show, perhaps I am biased.

I also think Brady and Nicole make a much better match. Loved the remark about the Walmart $19.99 wedding dress, I was just thinking if she gives the $10,000 to Baker how is she buying a dress?

Also, Phillip made by mostly made up of someone else, but he is growing on me (Yikes! maybe he needs another body part). I am kind of looking forward to a Dimera/ Kiriakis feud. Somehow that doesn't sound too dull.

Oh any forshadowing about this wedding blowing up? Oh poor Nichole....she'll just be stuck with Brady.

My boycott of the show is almost coming up on a full year now. Thank the gods for Prevuze.

3:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"We could get married on April 1," he suggests, "That would be appropriate – April Fool's Day."

Yep, a fool marrying a player of fools…sounds about right.

Nicole heads for Wal Mart to pick up her $19.99 wedding gown.

Is she going to ask Dr. Baker to take a discounted bribe of $9,980.01? How convenient that EJ would hand Nicole a check for $10,000. Doesn’t he believe in credit cards? Think of the cash back bonus on a $10,000 charge!

She offers to cut Max in, "we'll be seriously rolling in it."

"Only 'it' won't be dough," says Max.


They’re already rolling in donkey dung. Can it get worse?

"But I know if I told EJ he is the father, he would drop Nicole in a New York Minute*."

*New York Minute – means something that happens really fast.

DOOL Minute – means something so slow it can last all the Days Of Our Lives.


Isn’t that the truth. DOOL should be packaged as a cure for insomnia…ZZZZZZZZZZ

Sami reads and gasps, "Nicole had a daughter on the same day that I had Grace."

Sami gets out her calculator. After she determines that the babies were conceived 1 ½ months apart, even Sami realizes the chances of this happening are astronomical, and she doesn’t even know that dumb ass EJ told Lexie that Sydney is a full term baby. Apparently, there isn’t a single calendar or calculator in the DiMera mansion. Even if he had just used his fingers, EJ should have been able figure out that Nicole wasn't pregnant for 9 months. Geez.

Instead of Happy Birthday on Honest Abe’s 200th, Prevuze treats the faithful to some Rolling Stones!!! Good choice!!! Since I work in the third most miserable city in America, thanks for another great pick me up!!! Chicago is more miserable than Detroit? Give me a break! Forbes employs a bunch of idiots.

5:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Go go EJAMI baby!!!

5:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Loved the musical version of DOOL today! I had a hard time holding my cofee down my nostrils again, LOL! The pics were great too. So, EJ was thinking today...it's a rare affliction! What was the 1st miserable city on the list? I must be living in it cause the weather around here can't get any more miserable, not to mention the economy. You know it's bad when the illegals are worried about losing their jobs! Thanks Prevuze for making my day less miserable with your humor and snarky remarks!

6:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Betyar:

Here you go!

America’s “Most Miserable” metro, according to Forbes is Stockton, Calif. Memphis is second, followed by Chicago, Cleveland, and Modesto, Calif. Flint, Mich., is ranked sixth with Detroit seventh. After Buffalo comes Miami and St. Louis to round out the 10 most miserable cities.

6:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Leslie -

I think Salem would have to be first on the list! HA

I actually enjoyed it when DOOL had the film noir story. They could really do a musical. Oh wait - they can't. They're probably too cheap to pay the song royalties. Ah well, we'll have to rely on Prevuze to toss in a good tune here and there.

Suddenly Melanie is a card counting photographic memory half genius? If that were true wouldn't she be in Atlantic City or Vegas making some big bucks at the 21 tables?

LOL over "I don't have a clue," says Rafe, "I'm also holding Grace." and the real definition of a DOOL minute.

Happy birthday Abe and thanks, Prevuze!

8:11 AM  
Blogger Applecheeks said...

Berg - if you find Melanie annoying and don't even watch the show - OMG consider yourself lucky. Her scary smile and cloying voice would drive you over the edge. They have me!!

They started right out with a HUH?! moment today:
Melanie says, "I really need 'em, Max. You have to help me." Max says, "Not on your life."

Why did he even tell her he had the blueprints if he wasn’t going to give them to her? Just so she could whine some more?

She tells him she keeps seeing the scary side of him.

As someone pointed out a couple of days ago, has Steph been living in a CAVE for the past few years??

EJ actually seems to be thinking today. Fortunately, we all know it will pass.

Hold on, EJ! You can do it. Don’t stop thinking, please!!

Stephanie asks, "What is this, a musical?"

Prevuze, the best musical blog on the Internet.

Great pictures (as usual) and kudo's to recycling that great whiteboard. Sure gets a workout doesn't it?

8:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ej almost finds his brain. at least there's hope it'll happen eventually.

love melanie. hope to find out phil does, too.

9:10 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

People, people. Melanie is awesome. Embrace the Melanie and let go of your physical shell.

Stephanie is so annoying. Afaik - since I wasn't watching during the 90210 Belle/Shawn years, Philip was never a nice guy. He was never a lovable dogooder like Max and Shawn. He isn't a Brady and I think, that's what throwing her off. Besides she was with Jeremy and he was more unscrupulous and sleazy.

Max tells Melanie the copy of the blueprints he has belongs to him.
I am not getting this. Did not Nick write over complete control of the AFP to Melanie? Isn't she in control of everything pertaining to it?? How is it that everyone else except the proprietor has control of over it. *Charlie Brown yelp*


You fell in love with me... Bad me... Scary me... Bionic me."
lol. How much would he be worth.

She tells EJ she was her father's card counter and has a photographic memory and that's how she can remember all this.
Cool, new abilities for Melanie. Well since Max is a hidden genius, perhaps Trent has super-genes.

Melanie and Nicole pass as Melanie leaves. "Still here," asks Nicole.

"Get used to it," growls Melanie.

They dislike each other? Since when?

*sigh* This show is so weird sometimes.

10:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why is Rafe telling Sami not to tell EJ about the baby! What a loser he is.

1:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sami's dialogue of the day. Blah, blah, blah.... all talk no action. Quick find her a new S/L.

1:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks Leslie, I'm amazed my city didn't make it to the top three! But it's definitely on the list, God help us all with our worthless and corrupt city councilmen!

2:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Berg - if you find Melanie annoying and don't even watch the show - OMG consider yourself lucky. Her scary smile and cloying voice would drive you over the edge. They have me!!


Oh okay Applecheeks you totally busted me, I sometimes, and I mean sometimes, watch the Prevuze II clips. I feel your pain.

7:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

STFU!!

8:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Blogarama     Globe Of Blogs