Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Out Of Control

Daniel opens his apartment door to find Chloe standing there. Flashback to heat. Chloe says, "Daniel... about last night... it didn't happen."

"The hell it didn't."

Brady finds John sitting out on a park bench in the cold. John tells him he got nothing from the hypnosis.

Charlotte watches the video of John under hypnosis talking about Marlena. She walks over and gets a couple of books the size of a small room. As she walks back to her desk, Marlena opens her office door and Charlotte drops the books onto her table and knocks over a lamp. Charlotte lashes out at Marlena for barging in.

Maggie is at the pub and is all flustered. She tells Max Nick is being sentenced today. Max offers to go to court with her, but Maggie says Nick just wants her and Melanie to go, "But don't worry. Whatever happens, I'll spread it all over town by noon."

Melanie asks Phillip for the morning off. Phillip reminds her the big Alternative Fuel Project meeting is today. Melanie shrugs that off and leaves.

EJ meets Nick in the courtroom, "Mickey couldn't make it, so I'm here to stand in for him."

"Thank God," says Nick, "I guess the death penalty is off the table. Mickey says you're the best attorney there is."

"I appreciate the compliment," says EJ, "but I'm afraid Mickey couldn't find the a good attorney with a GPS and a flashlight."

"Now that I'm clean," says Nick, "I just can't imagine how this happened."

"You fell in with a bad crowd," says EJ, "Those DOOL writers are a nasty bunch."

Nicole comes to see Mia. Mia wants to know why she is alone. Nicole evades Mia's questions about her fiancée. Mia says no fiancée, no deal.

John tells Brady they were in the hypnotherapy session for an hour and nothing happened, "It was uncanny how much it resembled being on an episode of DOOL." Brady wonders if John really wants to get his memories back.

Marlena tells Charlotte she puzzles her. Charlotte closes her laptop to hide the video.

Stefano and Kate sit on the couch in the rumpus room. Stefano thinks Kate looks radiant. "I'm still glowing from the radiation treatments," says Kate. He asks if she has considered his proposal.

"What proposal," asks Kate.

"The marriage proposal," says Stefano, "We sat right here on this couch and I asked you to marry me. And then we partied like it was 1999."

"It was 1999," says Kate.


Kate says she thought Stefano wasn't serious about that. Stefano assures her he was. Kate zones.

Stephanie is at the pub. The gal Phillip just told Titan can't survive without is performing her gopher duties and is there to pick up coffee for the company. Max tells her, "Nick's getting sentenced today."

Stephanie says, "All of his friends should be with him."

Prevuze

Stephanie finds out Melanie will be there and begs Max to take her with him. Max goes for the car and Stephanie calls Phillip to tell him why Melanie wants to take the morning off. Phillip thanks her, "Just make sure you get us that coffee before gallivanting off to court."

Melanie and Maggie walk into the courtroom. EJ asks them not to speak to Nick. Melanie tells Nick to hang in there. Max and Stephanie rush in. Maggie says she is glad he came. Stephanie tells Melanie she should have told Phillip why she was taking the morning off.

"Where's my coffee," asks Melanie.

"HEAR YE! HEAR HE! COURT IS NOW IN SESSION. JUDGE KATHERINE FITZPATRICK PRESIDING!"

Nicole tells Mia, "My fiancée isn't coming at all."

Kate toys with Stefano. She says if she married him her life would change, "and that's not unappealing." But she says she isn't ready to make a commitment yet.

Stefano asks, "So you're going to leave me hanging here?"

"I think you can handle it."

"Don't take as long as you did before to get back with me," says Stefano, "DOOL may be off the air." Stefano says he knows there is someone else. Kate wonders how he knows about Daniel. "A man without information," says Stefano, "is a man without power."

Kate asks, "If a man without information is a man without power, what's a man without a clue?"

"Lucas."

Kate tells Stefano she and Daniel are just special friends, and that's all.

Chloe says she is there to make sure Daniel hasn't blabbed about their little tonsil-fest. "I haven't," says Daniel, "But marrying Lucas is a terrible mistake."

"Are you thinking of marrying him, too," asks Chloe.

"What we feel for each other is more than an attraction," says Daniel, "That's why you came here. You could have called. You came to see me. To be with me. To feel... my touch." Closer... closer... in for the kill. Clothes fly and body parts writhe.

Brady thinks he said the wrong thing. John says, "I want my memories back because Blondie is in my mind somewhere."

"If she's in there," says Brady, "You don't need a psychiatrist. You need an exorcist."

Marlena says she is impressed by Charlotte's credentials but she is puzzled by the fact that Charlotte left her last job at Lehman University so suddenly.

Maggie sits on the stand and bawls and begs for mercy for Nick.

Judge Fitzpatrick declares the proceedings over, but Melanie jumps up and says she wants to talk. "Who are you," asks Judge Fitz.

"My name is Melanie Layton," she says, "It was my father who was killed."

"In that case you may take the stand."

Daniel... Chloe... Afterglow.

Prevuze

Nicole tells Mia, "There is no other way to say it. You can never meet my fiancée."

Kate knocks on Daniel's door and breaks the mood. Chloe and Daniel dress as Daniel stammers and tells Kate he'll be there just as soon as he jumps into some clothes. "Don't bother to put on a shirt," says Kate, "We haven't had a gratuitous shirtless scene in days." Chloe hustles to the back and Daniel lets Kate in. Kate says she is there to return his pager, which she found after the party. Chloe eavesdrops. "Am I interrupting something," asks Kate.

"What gives you that idea," asks Daniel.

"The trail of underwear leading to the back room."


Melanie sobs and says she forgives Nick. Trent's ghost appears and says, "Easy for you to say." Melanie begs Fitz to be lenient. She finishes her spiel and the judge calls a recess. Phillip watches.

Nicole gives Mia her sob story abut losing her little girl. She says she can't ever get pregnant again. She also tells her about the rubber baby buggy bumper. Mia says this is crazy and it's scaring her. Nicole assures her things will be OK. Mia doesn't buy it. She tells Nicole to get out.

John says, "When I see Blondie I know there is something good there. I will keep working at this for her... and... maybe for some other people too."

As Brady leaves he tells John, "You always went all out and you always got what you wanted."

John asks, "Then how did I end up with Marlena?"

Charlotte says she left her job to go home and care for her dying father. She criticizes Marlena for not staying in touch with him.

Fitz returns to the stand and says she was going to sentence Nick to life but has now reevaluated things, in light of the over-the-top testimony she has just heard, "So I'm going to sentence you to two to five years. With good behavior you can get out in eighteen months."

Gasps and hugs all around.

Phillip joins sobbing Melanie, "Nick really owes you one. What you did was incredibly generous."

Melanie asks, "So I've redeemed myself?"

"Don't be ridiculous."

Phillip tells Melanie he changed the meeting time and then he leaves. Stephanie comes up and thanks Melanie.

Nick thanks EJ and then Melanie walks up. Nick asks, "Did you do that for Phillip?"

Kate and Daniel talk about their relationship and why it crashed and burned. She says she thinks Daniel seems uncomfortable, and then leaves.

Chloe comes out, "Do you see what you are doing to that woman?"

"I never wanted this to happen," says Daniel, "But it has and... it's so out of control."

Charlotte says her father never forgot Marlena and even mentioned her on the day he died, "He said, 'I'll be in heaven soon, which means I never have to see Marlena again.'" Marlena says she would have done or said something if she knew he was ill. She apologizes for hurting Charlotte's feelings and gets up to leave, "I would like us to be friends. We both want John to recover. We share that goal."

After Marlena goes, Charlotte says, "At least one of us does."

Chloe says, "This is not happening ever again." Translation: Daniel's back in the saddle.

"Part of me says to walk away from you," says Daniel, "A certain other part thinks that won't work. We can't bury our feelings. We have to be honest. We can't just walk away from what we feel." Chloe hustles off.

Charlotte continues to watch the video as John comes in. She discreetly closes her laptop. John says he's ready to go back to work. He asks to see the video. Charlotte says it's not that easy and she doesn't think hypnosis will work.

John wrinkles his brow. Think of it as a forehead squint, "You can tell that after just one session?"

Charlotte reminds him, "I'm a trained professional."

"So was Benji," says John.

Charlotte says, "I don't think you will get your memories back."

Melanie says she thought if she got Nick's sentence reduced Phillip would be nicer to her, "But I meant what I said. You deserve a second chance. You are a really good person. Be good to yourself." hugs. Tears.

Outside, Phillip and Stephanie suck face.

Stefano toasts EJ as he returns to the mansion, "Well done!" EJ says it was Melanie's testimony that did the trick.

"Well I naturally assumed someone from the Horton firm couldn't actually have a successful case," says Stefano, "But your future is not bright, it's brilliant."

Nicole drops to her knees and begs Mia to reconsider, "All I'm asking is you give me the happiness I lost. Give me your baby. Give me back my happiness."

As they walk off Phillip tells Stephanie, "I'm going back to the office. Get that coffee to us quickly or Titan will go down the tubes."


Previews
========

You can watch the previews later today on our PREVUZE II website. Prevuze II should be up no later than noon, Eastern Time.

If you enjoyed today's recap and haven't left a donation in a while, please consider doing that. If you aren't in a position to donate, support our advertisers. And you could also consider leaving a comment. We enjoy those. Look at it this way... I've already read Prevuze. YOU are MY entertainment.

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Best line of the morning from Prevuze...

"Kate asks, "If a man without information is a man without power, what's a man without a clue?"

"Lucas."
Ah, Cup of coffee in the morning $3.20 (Starbucks)
Aspirin to take the edge off $.30 a pop
Reading Prevuze so I don't have to waste an hour to watch DOOL...Priceless

3:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hearing Daniel's line to Chloe yesterday on Prevuze II made my skin crawl. How can she stand it, much less want this guy? He reminds me of a psycho stalker from some horror flick. And do the writers actually want us to believe there's anything besides lust going on here, especially after Dr. Dan has already established a pattern of falling for his patients? Well, and Lexie. It seemed she was headed towards another affair for a while there.

Chloe and Lucas have no chemistry and very little reason to be together either. There's just no one to root for here.

5:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

John tells Brady they were in the hypnotherapy session for an hour and nothing happened, "It was uncanny how much it resembled being on an episode of DOOL."

Sigh, so true, so true.

Stefano asks, "So you're going to leave me hanging here?"

"I think you can handle it."

"Don't take as long as you did before to get back with me," says Stefano, "DOOL may be off the air."


Methinks Prevuze is requiring larger and larger doses of caffeine to get through an episode of Daze. When the show stops airing, detoxification will be required causing Starbucks’ stocks to tumble.

"A man without information," says Stefano, "is a man without power."

Kate asks, "If a man without information is a man without power, what's a man without a clue?"

"Lucas."


…and he has so few clues that there was enough material for a book. Prevuze, do you know if it’s available through Amazon.com?

She also tells her about the rubber baby buggy bumper. Mia says this is crazy and it's scaring her.

Join the club, Mia. Nicole’s been scaring the viewers for the last couple of months.

Nick thanks EJ and then Melanie walks up. Nick asks, "Did you do that for Phillip?"

Nick was always the smart one.

Ok, I’m already over Dr. Horn Dog chasing Chloe. To keep his mind off of sex, this guy needs a bigger case load. I would suggest he branch out into podiatry but I would wager the pervert doctor has a foot fetish too. I can just imagine the dialogue, “Your toes look so delicious”. I’m sure the DOOL writers can handle that.

Cfish, Bulldog, and Prevuze, all the photos and captions were LOL funny. Another great update for another snowy morning in the Midwest!

6:08 AM  
Blogger Applecheeks said...

Lot’s of HUH?! moments today.
(1) Nick is being sentenced. Uh, was there a trial?? Or did his crack attorney just let Nick’s confession and guilty plea while under the influence of drugs stand?

"Now that I'm clean," says Nick, "I just can't imagine how this happened."

"You fell in with a bad crowd," says EJ, "Those DOOL writers are a nasty bunch."


The poor guy also fell in with a bad attorney. Hey, Mick! How about going for not guilty by reason of diminished capacity?? Jeez.

(2) a. Stefano was serious about asking Kate to marry him? If Stef was so serious why didn’t he visit her once during her life & death struggle?

b. Kate isn't ready to make a commitment yet. Well, I should think not. She just spent an episode telling Dr. Dan she was breaking up with him because she didn’t want to be “encumbered” by a relationship.

(3) Max, Melanie, Stephanie, Philip are all at Nick’s sentencing, but his first great love, Chelsea, isn’t?? What’s up with that?

(4) Last, but not least, the judge was going to sentence Nick to LIFE, but after mulling it over for about two minutes she goes for 18 months??!! I don't know what charged Nick with, but I can't think of a crime where the punishment can run anywhere from 18 months to LIFE.

I loved Kate glowing from the radiation treatments,", Chelsea's limit on uncle dating and the definition of a man without a clue as Lucas.

Thanks Prevuze!

6:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My huh moment from yesterday's episode was Hilda not even trying to fight back. Kick the guy where it hurts - SOMETHING. Another bodyguard I'd feel less than secure with. HA The real tragedy about her murder, tho, is poor overworked Ho and Dope and Pard will be burdened with another case to bumble.

And you're right, Applecheeks, nobody will say anything at all to the brat about not being there for Nick.

My favorite Prevuism was also Lucas without a clue. I bet that Lucas Horton guide is one hefty volume!

A perfect Prevuze zinger: "Charlotte says her father never forgot Marlena and even mentioned her on the day he died, "He said, 'I'll be in heaven soon, which means I never have to see Marlena again.'" HAHAHAHA

Great pictures, too. Thanks for the pick-me-up and sacrifices you made by slogging thru this for us, Prevuze. :D

8:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love me some Dan and Chloe.

Dark, and passionate.

Not everyone's idea of romance it works for them.

8:30 AM  
Blogger ilovebabyquilts said...

That "How to Get Laid Quick" book was the best thing on here today! So clever, I laughed out loud! Thank you for what you do, I don't even watch DOOL anymore, I just read here.

8:35 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Been gone for a bit, and I did go back and read the others. No luck.
Can someone please explain to me when Dr. Dan and Chloe were suddenly star-crossed lovers?? Did they know each other before Dr. Dan came to town??

I can't believe Nick even got charged with murder. It was more like manslaughter, but oh well.

I'm also very sad, well as emotive as you can get for a soap, that Hilda was killed. I actually liked her. God forbid there's a character who isn't suffering from some sort of complex, mental disorder, or addiction.

Brady wonders if John really wants to get his memories back.
I'm surprised John doesn't just flee the country. These people are so needy.

He asks if she has considered his proposal.
I'm sure she had lots of time to think about it while suffering from cancer.

"Where's my coffee," asks Melanie.
lol
It wouldn't surprise me if she actually said something like this.

"Did you do that for Phillip?"
Being a jailbird, how would Nick even know that Philip and Melanie have 'thing'?

8:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So EJ is now working for Mickey's law firm and for Stefano?

How could they spend all that time playing out who killed Trent, and then skip right over the trial? They're just shuffling Nick off, when he was one of the most likeable characters, and I think he only got more interesting when he became psycho Nick.

As much as I laughed at the guide to getting laid, as a Lumi I have to stand up for Lucas. No, I don't feel any passion between him and Chloe, but I can remember some romps with Sami that were quite steamy. Breaking the bed, anyone?

9:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry, but I don't think I've ever seen a bed "shake", never mind "break" when Lucas was in it. That's probably because I fell asleep trying to watch those eppisodes of Days. Poor Lucas, he's nice and all, but he sure knows how to pick the wrong women for him. Once they're together, they all seem to want to break loose...Carrie with Austin, Sami with EJ, Chloe with Daniel...not even Nicole with 5M dollars worth of bait was tempted to stick around! Lucas really needs to start reading the book of clues! I think it's now available on Amazon.com

9:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, Lucas and Sami broke the bed but I've always assumed it was because Sami was doing all the work.

The manual for understanding Lucas is probably one page.

Poor little fella he can't find a woman without them finding he comes up a little short.

6:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Blogarama     Globe Of Blogs