Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Pandora's Box

Workout time. Daniel comes in and finds Chloe struggling with her workout. Dr. smooth steps in and shows her how to get the most out of her exercises. He's also killed two birds with one stone, since working with Chloe also counts as his dumbbell workout. "Is there anything you don't know how to do," asks Chloe.

"Sing opera."

"That makes two of us," says Chloe, "You're amazing. Kate is lucky to have you as a doctor."

Phillip walks in and booms, "Maybe not."

Cheerful Stefano chirps and wishes Tony a good morning. Tony wonders why Stefano is in such a good mood. "I voted," says Stefano, "I did my civic duty. That and the fact that John left his bag-o-pills out and I tried a few."

"I realize you haven't been convicted of anything," says Tony, "But I didn't realize people like you could vote. You're certainly not above getting a little blood on your hands to swing an election."

"You're right," says Stefano, "I've always preferred blood slinging to mud slinging."

Abe and Lexie are at the pub where they are decorating for the party to celebrate Abe's big win. Abe wants to keep it low key, "My opponent was murdered." Lexie says they have to have some kind of party and assures him he will win.

Meanwhile, over at the Moron-o headquarters, the mayor sits propped up in a corner as they plan an Election Party at Bernie's style celebration.

"I am haunted by Moron-o's death," says Abe, "He didn't deserve to die."

Lexie says, "There is something you should know. It has to do with the mayor's murder and my father. Father considers 'one-man one-vote' to be old fashioned. He prefers one-man one-gun all-the-votes.' "

Melanie mumbles in her sleep as she tosses and turns. Nicko the Sicko watches.

Bo and Hope prattle around the cop shop and wonder if Abe will win. Bo says he isn't happy that the charges against Nicole aren't as air tight as he would like.

Melanie screams and wakes up, "Is someone there?" Nicko the Sicko sits upright in chair outside her door and stares.

Bo gives Hope some hot chocolate. Hope wonders if Bo will continue to wait on her when he's her superior. He tells her to take advantage of the humble subservient Bo while she can. Hope thinks Bo should start by cleaning up the department, "There are a couple of cops working here who you should boot right away."

"I know," says Bo, "But I don't think we can afford to have both of us out of jobs. Besides, I have a couple of murders to take care of first."

Lexie tells Abe about going to see Stefano. She says she warned Stefano and then the mayor was found dead on his doorstep. Abe wants to know why she didn't tell him about this sooner. Lexie says she was scared, and doesn't have any proof Stefano was involved, "Except, of course, for a corpse on his doorstep. "

Roman interrupts and asks if everything is OK. "No," says Abe.

Stefano assures Tony he had nothing to do with Moron-o's murder, "The best I ever got from my son in law is a supercilious smear so why should I support him?" Stefano insists he loves Lexie but Abe has turned her against him. He insists he will rejoice in Abe's success. He will be proud Lexie is Salem's new first lady and will dance with her at the inaugural ball, "I have a deep love for her."

Tony is blunt, "Is that why you killed Moron-o?"

"You are a cynic and insufferable bore," says Stefano, "I draw the line at murder."

"You might not have pulled the trigger yourself," says Tony, "But what about hiring someone?" Stefano hands him his bills and challenges him to find a bill from the hit man. Tony thinks Stefano is putting Abe's political career at risk.

Phillip rages because Kate is sick and Daniel is cavorting at the gym. Daniel defends himself and reminds him there are other doctors watching Kate. He assures him they are doing everything they can. Phillip doesn't buy it, "I'm not putting my faith in anyone — not while my mother is fighting for her life. You will not abandon her again."

Nicko the Sicko chomps pills in the kitchen as Melanie comes in. She tells him she's still freaked out by the note. Nick assures her he will protect her. She thanks him for not telling anyone about it. "I'll protect you," says Nick, "I'll always (say it with him) be there for you." Suddenly, Nick gets an email. He sits down and reads it and announces his faculty liaison looked into the potential licensing arrangements for his project, "He crunched some numbers and...," Nick turns his laptop around so Melanie can see it and beams, "Mark this day because it's the day I made you filthy rich."

"OMG," gasps Melanie, "OMG!"

Abe tells Roman about Lexie going to Stefano, "Connect the dots."

"That's too complicated for me," says Roman. They leave to investigate.

Tony comes into the pub and tells Lexie she doesn't look very cheerful. Lexie drones, "I think I just made a really big mistake."

Chloe asks to speak to Phillip alone. She tells him he's being a jerk. Phillip decides maybe he overreacted. Chloe says Daniel is entitled to an apology.

Abe and Roman arrive at the DiMera mansion. The go inside and find Stefano reading the newspaper, "The Spectator predicts a landslide win for the former commissioner."

"I can beat a dead guy any day," says Abe.

Stefano says Abe has Lexie to thank for for this, since she came to him and asked him to pull his support from Moron-o. Roman thinks it's quite a coincidence Moron-o was killed on Stefano's doorstep. Stefano shrugs it off but says, "Let us suppose I had taken a man's life at the behest of my daughter. Well, everyone knows being mayor is Abe's dream. Or at least it has been for the last couple of weeks. Just hypothetically suppose Abe was so driven he implored me to get involved..."

Abe tells him to take his hypothetical situation and go to hell.

Stefano continues, "If Alexandra had come to me, whom do you think the public would think is the monster? The man she asked, or the man for whom she made the request?"

Lexie says she told Abe everything about Moron-o's murder, "Now Abe and Roman have gone to confront Stefano. This will haunt us for all the Days Of Our Lives. Abe will be destroyed."

Hope wants Bo to go home and change for the party. Bo don' wanna.

"What," asks Hope, "Abe will probably appoint you commissioner on the spot. Are you going over there to accept in jeans and a T-shirt?"

"I'm not going to change who I am just because I'm commissioner," says Bo.

Hope says, "You're gonna change a whole lot, believe me." Bo hears the sound of a whip cracking behind him.

Phillip apologizes. He gets a call and leaves. Chloe walks up to Daniel and asks, "Are you friends again?"

"I wouldn't go that far," says Daniel.

"He's upset about Kate," says Chloe, "They're very close, as I'm sure you know."

Daniel zones and rants about the randomness of Kate getting sick. He says he will never get used to it.

Chloe asks, "You really love her, don't you?"

Up in the control room, the theater manager watches and orders for more barf bags to be distributed to the people in the seats below.

Melanie bounces around and celebrates the fact that they will become gazillionaires. They speculate they could even be getting more than the figure Nick showed her. She thanks him for not fighting the fact that her father left her a share in his invention. Melanie wants to celebrate.

Stefano insists he did not kill anyone but says Abe is missing the point. He says people will read between the lines, "They will connect the dots from me to Lexie to Abe."

Abe asks Stefano directly, "Did you put out a hit on the mayor?"

Stefano is evasive, "I would be direct, but my gut says you really don't want me to answer that question."

Abe hyperventilates , "OMG. OMG." He walks out. Roman tells Stefano, "We will find the hit man and trace him right back to your doorstep."

"You'll trace him back to the place you already know the murder was committed," says Stefano, "Your brilliance as a detective never ceases to amaze me."

Roman growls, "You are going down."

"You don't want to explore this," says Stefano, "You would just be opening a Pandora's box. Give my regards to Samantha wherever she is."

Roman leaves. Stefano contemplates, "The democratic process. Very interesting."

Prevuze

Chloe tells Daniel she was impressed with how kind he was with Phillip and apologizes for asking if he were in love with Kate. Daniel says his relationship with Kate is complicated, as most relationships are. He asks about Chloe and Lucas. Chloe says it's different but they are OK, "It's very... domestic. Life is good."

Daniel asks, "But not great?"

Chloe insists life is great, "But different. I'm lucky to have both Lucas and Allie. It's just that sometimes... I miss traveling... my exciting life in Europe... intelligence... being able to get a word in edgewise..." Daniel tosses in his sage advice and says he misses surfing, "It's in my blood."

"So are a few diseases after having sex with Kate," says Chloe, "So you are saying we can have our cake and eat it too?"

Bo and Hope are outside their house. They smooch as Bo tells her how uncomfortable he is in his suit.

Abe comes back to the pub. Lexie apologizes for starting this.

Apparently in the last five seconds, Melanie has whipped up a cake with a dollar sign decoration on it. She has Nick sample the icing. Phillip watches from outside and says, "You were right, Chelsea, Nick needs to be rescued." He knocks and Nick invites him in. Phillip says he wants to talk about the alternative fuel project.

Abe says he understands why Lexie went to Stefano. He tells her Stefano didn't admit to directly ordering a hit. Lexie blames herself for Moron-o's death as Bo and Hope bounce in. Bo holds up his cell phone, "I have the election results."

Daniel thinks Lucas wants Chloe to give up her dream. "That's the same thing Nicole tells me," whines Chloe. They talk about Nicole being in jail. Chloe tells Daniel she and Nicole are close, "It's nice to have a friend. I'm not exactly miss popularity."

"You'd be the most popular girl in town if you left Salem, " says Daniel, "But maybe you're an acquired taste."

"So," asks Chloe, "Are you acquiring the taste?"

"Definitely," says Daniel.

The Great Barf Bag Shortage of 2008 gains momentum.

"If you're acquiring a taste for me," says Chloe, "That won't go over too big with Kate. I don't know how she would feel about you fraternizing with the enemy."

"I will make Kate see you through my eyes," says Daniel.

Chloe has to sit down. Daniel asks, "Are you all right?"

"Even I can't take dialog this bad," says Chloe.


Roman comes in and busts Bo's chops for wearing a tie. Bo tells Abe he thinks he's looking at Salem's next mayor. Abe reminds them it's not official.

Evan steps up and announces Abe has won by a landslide. He introduces Mayor Carver.

Stefano looks at a picture of Abe and family and congratulates himself for backing the right man.

Phillip tells Nick his new invention will never see the light of day.

Prevuze


Disclaimer

Obviously, all of our nagging people to vote in today's posting applies only to our readers in the US. For those of you in other countries, you may continue to follow Chloe's advice and whine until your next election day, at which time you will no longer have an excuse.


Previews
========

You can watch the previews later today on our PREVUZE II website. Prevuze II should be up no later than noon, Eastern Time.

If you enjoyed today's recap and haven't left a donation in a while, please consider doing that. If you aren't in a position to donate, check out some of our advertisers. And you could also consider leaving a comment. We enjoy those. Look at it this way... I've already read Prevuze. YOU are MY entertainment.

20 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"I am haunted by Moron-o's death," says Abe, "He didn't deserve to die."

No more than the viewers deserve this wretched storyline.

Hope thinks Bo should start by cleaning up the department, "There are a couple of cops working here who you should boot right away."

"I know," says Bo, "But I don't think we can afford to have both of us out of jobs.

I seem to remember Bo punching EJ in the stomach. Hey Bo, can you say “police brutality”?

Daniel tosses in his sage advice and says he misses surfing, "It's in my blood."

"So are a few diseases after having sex with Kate," says Chloe.

What would Election Day be without some excellent Prevuze snark!

The Great Barf Bag Shortage of 2008 gains momentum.

After this episode, the shortage is at full speed.

I am happy to report, Prevuze, that your nagging worked. I have already voted but this is Chicago. The mantra here is “vote early and often”. Since I live in the suburbs, I’m planning to only vote once. Even at 6 AM, there were lines of people waiting to do their civic duty so one vote is plenty for me. The downtown area is bracing for a million people to show up for a rally for one of the presidential candidates. Businesses were even urged to close. However, my boss did not decide to give into that urge so I’m here cheerfully typing my comments. Anyway, great update Prevuze!!!

6:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HEY LESLIE,
maybe you could come to my great state of Ohio where tiic have decided that all you need to do is put down a park bench as your address and you, too, can vote often.

I remember Bo punching EJ in thestomach, too, but the Marlena and the Brady's have their own special rules to live by.

6:18 AM  
Blogger Prevuze said...

I am happy to report, Prevuze, that your nagging worked. I have already voted but this is Chicago.

I suppose I should report I have voted also. I'm not a "do as I say not as I do" kind of blogger.

And I voted for...

...a Untied States Senator.

6:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How hilarious is it that Philip agrees with Chelsea and decides to help out Nick by screwing with his project.

and though I'm a huge Nick fan, I had to crack up at Nicko the Sicko.

6:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And I voted for...

...a Untied States Senator.


Is that a Freudian slip Prevuze??

LOLOLOL


KOTU

7:10 AM  
Blogger Applecheeks said...

Great pictures, especially of Marlena's beauty regime.

Stefano hands him his bills and challenges him to find a bill from the hit man.

Oh right. Like hit men send nice, neat invoices for their services. LOLOL

Lexie drones, "I think I just made a really big mistake."

Ya think?!

"The Spectator predicts a landslide win for the former commissioner." "I can beat a dead guy any day," says Abe.

Don’t count your chickens yet Abe. This is Salem. Mayor Moron-o could come back from the dead anytime now.

Roman tells Stefano, "We will find the hit man and trace him right back to your doorstep."

"You'll trace him back to the place you already know the murder was committed," says Stefano, "Your brilliance as a detective never ceases to amaze me."


Couldn’t have said it better myself.

Apparently in the last five seconds, Melanie has whipped up a cake with a dollar sign decoration on it.

Salem residents obviously have transporters which enable them to zap from one location to another in an instant. Logically they would have replicators. You just tell the computer what you want and it materializes.

My HUH?! moment:
"I will make Kate see you through my eyes," says Daniel. Chloe has to sit down. Daniel asks, "Are you all right?" "Even I can't take dialog this bad," says Chloe.

Daniel is starting to pant over Chloe and making Kate see Chloe through his eyes will make Kate OK with it? Danny-Boy has totally lost me with this one. And, I agree with Chloe about the dialog.

Thanks, Prevuze.

7:18 AM  
Blogger Prevuze said...

Is that a Freudian slip Prevuze??

Fortunately, they don't require you to take a literacy test in order to vote.

Or a typing test.

7:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What is up with Nick?

7:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe Nick's drinking alcohol and taking pills is making his personality change now? He obviously is enamored with Melanie, although why is a good question. He seems to just be attracted to spoiled brat type girls, or ones who want to use him for monetary gains. Maybe the writers are going to make Nick into a psychopath for awhile until he finally realizes what the alcohol and drugs are doing to him? Just a thought.

8:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why would Phillip want to sabotage Nick's alternative fuel project? How would that benefit anyone? Wouldn't an alternative fuel mean much more to the world? Yes, I know it's a soap, and the writers never seem to use logic in storylines.

8:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

zzzzzzzzzzzzzz . . .

This episode sounds like pure crap. Thanks for the heads up.

8:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just returned from my civic duty. Mainly because I wanted the free coffee from Starbucks. Anyway, from entering the building to exiting it was at the maximum 20 minutes. So I didn't have to go into Chloe whine mode or a full blown Sami fit or anything.

I still think it's too much of a coincidence that Melanie just happens to be there when both a letter and e-mail arrive mentioning all of this money. I think it's all planned by Nick to trap her into a confession. How I don't know - but then neither do the writers yet either. HAHAHAHA

Bo as commander. This might just be the stupidest thing on Daze and that's saying a lot. LOL over "I know", says Bo, "But I don't think we can afford to have both of us out of jobs." Now the Bradys can run roughshod over the town even more than before.

Great Prevuisms and pictures today. Thanks, Prevuze! :D

9:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm wondering how many looney tunes will show up at their polling places today actually looking for Abe Carver on the ballot? HA

9:21 AM  
Blogger cfish said...

So, let me get this straight...
Nick is trying to gaslight Melanie into confessing to a murder that he committed to help her -- I guess that's my "HUH?" moment for today.

9:41 AM  
Blogger Deb said...

I haven't voted yet, but maybe I'll go write in Abe Carver. If for nothing else than to see it come up on our local election returns.

"...and in the Presidential race we have XXXXX votes for McCain, XXXXX votes for Obama and 1 vote for Abe Carver..."

LOL

10:01 AM  
Blogger fwickafwee said...

Danny boy can't possibly be interested in Choloe...she's out of his age range. Dr. Dan seems to only like jail bait or grannies.

10:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great prevuze!!!!
Watching EJ "defend" Nicole in court reminded me... Didn't EJ shoot "old" John??? Did they ever figure that out?

1:02 PM  
Blogger Prevuze said...

Didn't EJ shoot "old" John??? Did they ever figure that out?

They certainly implied he did. I'm sure it's nothing a few flashbacks and history rewrites couldn't wipe out, though.

2:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"'That's too complicated for me,' says Roman. They leave to investigate."

Hah! Made me laugh. I love the stupidity jabs in your blog. There must be something in the Salem water supply.

'"You'll trace him back to the place you already know the murder was committed," says Stefano, "Your brilliance as a detective never ceases to amaze me."'

The Salem PD are a joke! At least Hope mentioned that they should get to work on the Trent Robbins case. Maybe if they stopped accusing and arresting people all over the place, they could actually sit down and think -- yes, that's right, Salem PD, THINK -- about their evidence and likely suspects?

They seem to have brushed Melanie off as a suspect entirely, just because they have a stronger case against Nicole. Yet they don't have proof or a confession for ANYONE!

Can't wait until Sicko Nicko gets his turn to play with Bo and Hope during their 'Let's pretend to be cops' campaign. He will probably run circles around their little brains... unless it requires a drug test, of course.

And I think Daniel is a dirtbag. You can see the wheels in his sexually deviant little brain working when he's around Chloe. Let's see: Grandma? Check. Her grandaughter? Check. Her son's girlfriend? Check.

What a lil' nasty! Peace

5:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe Dr. Dannyboy is the real killer. One could only hope so.

4:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Blogarama     Globe Of Blogs