Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Cave Diving

Stephanie sits in the pub, a mere shell of the former basket case that she once was. Patch and Kayla rush in. Stephanie thinks they got there pretty quickly. "We got here as soon as we could," says Kayla.

"Is L'il Joe still in the incubator," asks Stephanie.

"No," says Patch, "He's in the car. We parked it in the sun with the windows rolled up. It's a lot cheaper than leaving him in the hospital."


Stephanie tells them Max lied to her and is gone.

"He's been reading the guy manual again," says Patch.

The Orient Express chugs through France. We're heading southeast out of Paris. Max walks into his deluxe suite. It's amazing what you can afford on a down-and-out bartender's salary. If the US dollar weren't in the toilet, Max would have bought the whole train. The ticket taker comes up to the door to punch his ticket, "Êtes-vous eu l'amusement avec les prostituées ici en France?"

Max smiles like a dummy, "Oui."

"Vous êtes Max Brady le conducteur de course célèbre. Êtes-vous aussi stupide que vous semblez être à la TV?"

Max smiles, "Oui."

He punches Max' ticket, "Bonjour, Monsieur."

Hope sits on her living room couch with Ciara reading the Wizard of Oz. Hope really likes it when Ciara reads the Wizard of Oz to her Bo comes down. His head is fuzzy and he tossed and turned all night. "You have a lot on your mind," says Hope.

"It's a ten ton load in a half ton pickup," says Bo. Hope goes to get coffee. Ciara tags along. Bo plays the incriminating recording of Phillip threatening to kill Paul and makes a face.

Phillip sleeps beside Victor. Victor's subconscious flashes back to Phillip telling him he screwed up. Victor's machines go berserk. Lexie rushes in and unplugs them, "That should do it. I've found that to be much more effective than trying to revive the patient."

Abe arrives at Bo and Hope's house with Theo. They were expecting Lexie. Ciara runs up to Theo, "Hi!"

"One-two-three-four."

"That's my boy," says Abe, "That's better than I can do." Hope and Ciara take Theo to go play with action figures. Now that Bo is busy, he can't hog them any more. Bo fills Abe in on Victor. Abe brings up the envelope. He thinks it's strange all Paul left was a stash of cash. He thinks there is a missing piece to the puzzle.

Phillip says, "I slept in Victor's room last night."

Kate says, "I slept with... never mind. But I don't sleep around. I just wanted you to know that." Kate asks if something happened that upset Victor.

"I feel so stupid," whines Stephanie.

"We're used to that," says Patch.

Stephanie blubbers, "Max told me he had given up on finding his sister. He lied." She shows them Max' letter. She thinks maybe he doesn't trust her any more. Patch comes clean (Figuratively, that is. In reality, his deodorant failed him long ago.) He fesses up and says he told Max to leave Stephanie out of this.

Bo pockets the recorder and tells Abe he doesn't think it's strange that Paul only left money and a letter. "I've been in this business 25 years," says Abe, "and I've learned to trust my gut. I've found out that trusting my brain is really dangerous." Bo says all he wants to find out is what happened to Paul. Hope serves coffee. Bo heads for the hospital. Abe tells Hope he thinks something is off. They talk about his problems with Lexie. Hope tells him how great he is doing. Abe says, "If Lexie and I can't work together... Theo is our priority and if we're going to be strong for him we have to see things the same way. We have to, say it with him, be there for each other."

Phillip says, "I opened up to Victor last night."

"What a coincidence," says Kate, "CENSORED. Anyway, why didn't you confide in me?"

Phillip says, "Because it has nothing to do with you. It's between me and Dad." Kate says Phillip needs to talk to her. Phillip says the legacy was left in his hands and he blew it.

Abe says he and Lexie have been through rough stretches before but this is different. She didn't have an affair this time. They are trying to find a good program for Theo. Ciara runs in and interrupts the conversation, "Theo is mean."

Phillip thinks he's said too much. Kate tells him not to do this. Bo walks up. Phillip suggests letting Bo have some time alone with Victor. "I think that's a good idea," says Kate, "By the way, Bo, I don't sleep around. I just wanted you to know that." Phillip watches Bo as he and Kate head for Chez Morgue.

Inside Victor's room, Lexie tells Bo something must've upset Victor, "He's doing OK now. I’m busy. I have to go. So many patients to screw up... So little time."

Left alone with Victor, Bo asks, "What's wrong?"

Victor says, "I've had a stroke you dolt! " Victor asks about Hollingsworth. Bo says he shouldn't talk about that. Victor asks, "You've got the goods on Phillip, don't you?"

Max stares out the train window. Outside his berth, A guy takes his picture.

Stephanie is PEEEEE-OWED that Patch made the decision for her, "I should be with him. He should want me to be with him."

Kayla gets a call from Caroline. She leaves to take it, comes back and asks if Caroline knows Max is gone. Stephanie tells her she doesn't. "You have to tell her," says Kayla.

"She can't," says Patch, "If Max didn't want Caroline to know, we have to respect that."

Victor thinks Bo has the goods on Phillip. Victor says he knows there is a tape and asks if Bo has it. He reminds Bo he promised to be honorable and protect Phillip. "Withholding evidence is not honorable," says Bo.

Victor musters his last ounce of strength, "Get out of here. At least tell me... the evidence against Phillip... is it outright?"

"No," says Bo, "His guilt is inferred."

"I'm begging you," gasps Victor, "Don't damn your brother. He didn't kill Paul. Just hold off."

"I can't," says Bo.

BEEP! BEEP! BEEP! BEEP! BEEP!

Lexie hears the machines and rushes in. Oh well, Victor had lost the will to live anyway.

Abe announces there is a cease-fire between Ciara and Theo. He tells Hope he separated them, so now they will play nice for sure. He also promised ice cream, "After 25 years on the SPD, I know how effective bribes can be." He says he gets impatient with Theo more often than he should. He gives us uneducated dimwits in the audience the autism PSA, "Lexie knew something was off with Theo. I was oblivious. But now that I've become educated about autism, I'm blivious. I should have been beside Lexie all along but I refused. I wouldn't accept it. I let her down."

Lexie comes out into the hallway and asks what happened. Bo says he isn't sure. Kate and Phillip come up. Lexie stresses how important it is not to upset Victor.

"Maybe I should run in to his room and reduce his stress level by assuring him I don't sleep around," says Kate.

Lexie notices the time, "WOW! Two hours on duty. A double shift. I'm headed for home. Dr. Jonas will take over." Lexie leaves. Kate asks what Victor said.

Bo sneers, "Why don't you talk to your son?"

Bo leaves. Kate wants to know what's going on.

Patch says he was just looking out for Stephanie. Stephanie thinks he was interfering. She asks, "Did you tell Max I would hold him back? That I was too high maintenance?"

"Compared to you," says Patch, "The space shuttle is low maintenance."

Stephanie decides she's going to go after Max. Kayla thinks they should support her. Patch says he just realized he hasn't had practice at this, "I wasn't there for her when she was growing up. I missed it all. But now the vacation is over. I haven't had practice at letting go lately."

"You are going to have to go cold turkey on the overprotective dad thing," says Kayla.

Max zones in his luxury birth and turns to see the guy taking his picture. Max springs up and opens door. Remy is out there still snapping away. He apologizes for taking pictures, "But I am zee Paparazzi. You are zee big time razecar driver Max Bradee." Max says he isn't a racecar driver anymore and wants to stay out of the news. Remy runs like a scared jackrabbit.

Hope thinks Abe is being too hard on himself. Abe just wants the three of them to be a family, "It hasn't been the same since Lexie's affair."

"Which one," asks Hope.

Abe says the marriage counselor has been helpful, but they don't keep talking once they get home. Hope says, "When Bo and I were going through the same kind of thing, talking helped. Throwing things helped more."

Abe says, "My conversations with Lexie get nasty pretty quickly."

"Bo likes it when I get nasty," says Hope.

"I really appreciate Lexie," says Abe.

"You should tell her that," says Hope.

Kate stops Phillip from leaving, "If something is about to come out, I have to know." Phillip says it's too late for her to help.

Bo apologizes for disappointing Victor, but what Victor has asked him to do is in moral opposition to everything he believes.

Victor asks, "Is destroying your brother in line with your morals? You're a cop. Prove Phillip's innocence."

Max plays with his PDA and looks at Melanie's picture. Suddenly a message from Stephanie comes in, "Max I want you to know I'm not mad and I love you. I'm with you in spirit. Stephanie." Max stares.

Outside in the corridor, Remy makes a call, "Guess who I snapped today. Max Bradee is back and headed to Marseilles."

Kayla says she's proud of Patch. She's sorry if she made things more difficult, "I know we've always agreed to have a united front, but I had to take Stephanie's position on this one."

Patch says he gets it. He knows Kayla took her position because she is right, "They love each other and Stephanie just wants to be there with him on his journey. It's not like they are going to Somalia or taking up cave diving, right? I wish I could have gone with her."

Kayla thinks the overprotective father is taking over again, "Letting go is hard."

Patch agrees, "What do you say we let go of L'il Joe right now and get it over with? Wherever Max is, that's where she wants to be."

"Wherever you are is where I want to be," says Kayla.

"OK," says Patch, "That means you and I are off to the men's room."

Lexie arrives and thanks Hope for having Theo over. She gives the perfunctory Victor report, and then Hope goes to grab the kids. Abe tells Lexie they are playing. "Separately," asks Lexie.

"Yeah."

"O, God." Abe tells her he's proud of her. She's an inspiration to him. Lexie says that means a lot to her. Abe says he should tell her that more often. He knows she would have time to listen between affairs. Lexie thinks she's been insensitive to what Abe is going through. Abe vows to work through this. She and Theo mean the world to him. Hugs.

Kate begs Phillip to talk. "You'll know soon enough," says Phillip.

"Have I mentioned I don't sleep around," asks Kate.

Victor begs Bo, "Whatever you have on Phillip, leave it here with me and walk away." Bo hesitates.

BEEP! BEEP! BEEP! BEEP! BEEP!


Bo caves, "Take it easy." He gives Victor the recorder.

BEEP! BEEP! BEEP! BEEP! BEEP!


Previews
========

You can watch the previews later today on our PREVUZE II website.

14 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So are they going to kill the old man off this time or just leave him in a vegetative state for the next 5 years like they did last time?
Loved Kate telling everyone she doesn't sleep around (snicker snicker, yea right). Great prevuze today. Thanks

dazeisdum

5:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Phillip says, "I slept in Victor's room last night."

Kate says, "I slept with... never mind. But I don't sleep around. I just wanted you to know that."


Yeah, right, Kate. We believe you…not!!!

"I've been in this business 25 years," says Abe, "and I've learned to trust my gut. I've found out that trusting my brain is really dangerous."

Abe would be dangerous if he actually had a brain.

He also promised ice cream, "After 25 years on the SPD, I know how effective bribes can be."

…and he should have been offering donuts.

Bo just gives Victor the tape recorder. Whatta guy, whatta cop, whatta knucklehead.

Another super censored link from Prevuze!!! Hey, Bulldog, you hit the nail right on the head with that photo and caption. Prevuze, the photo with EJ lumping Sami and the twins together as children is ever so accurate. Thanks for taking one for the team Prevuze. It sounds like I’ll need an IV drip of caffine to get through this episode of Daze.

5:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well I'm sure your recap was the highlight of the episode, it sure sounds boring.

Snarking on Kate and Lexie and their sex lives will never ever get old.

This autism storyline is a big bust so far, how are we supposed to care about Abe/Lexie having another obstacle. Hee, I love that Abe is BLIVIOUS now. New words are cool!

5:43 AM  
Blogger Applecheeks said...

Federal regulations against anyone going "postal" except post office employees....NOW they tell me!

LOL over hotels not providing personal doormats and the Prevuism of Bo having a 10 ton load in a half-ton pickup.

It's amazing what you can afford on a down-and-out bartender's salary. If the US dollar weren't in the toilet, Max would have bought the whole train.

He’s from Salem. They don’t need no stinkin’ jobs to jet around the world at a moment’s notice. [Can you IMAGINE what an airline ticket to Paris would cost buying it at the last minute!?]

"Êtes-vous eu l'amusement avec les prostituées ici en France?"

Max smiles like a dummy, "Oui."

"Vous êtes Max Brady le conducteur de course célèbre. Êtes-vous aussi stupide que vous semblez être à la TV?"

Max smiles, "Oui."


OMG ROFLMA!! Priceless.

"Maybe I should run in to his room and reduce his stress level by assuring him I don't sleep around," says Kate.

Great capper to a funny string of Kate's assurances.

My HUH?! moment (besides the papparazzi recognizing Max:

Victor says he knows there is a tape and asks if Bo has it.

What? Did his stoke make him psychic now?

Loved it as always. Thanks Prevuze!

7:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I kinda like the whole last part being in italics, Prevuze. It kept me on my toes figuring out what in there were Prevuisms. HAHAHA

Now we all know why the paparazzi would be taking pictures of a big nobody like Max Brady - - so they can be plastered on the front page of the USA Today and Stephanie can find him. Otherwise, unless he left a detailed itinerary in his letter how would she know where he was for Pete's sake??

LOL over L'il Joe left in the car and the censored Prevuism. Almost as good as a censored picture or moving picture!

Great Prevuze today. :D

7:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Actually, Applecheeks' comment got me curious. I'm here in the great midwest where it's assumed Salem is located.

I went out to Expedia and looked up a trip to Paris. I don't live in Salem where international flights leave for anywhere in the world at a moment's notice, so the soonest thing I could get out of my local international airport was a flight going out tomorrow.

Cheapest flight I could find - $1,640.

Salem Pub must pay their bartenders damn good money!! LOLOL

KOTU

9:03 AM  
Blogger cfish said...

Don't you guys realize that Max didn't FLY to France -- Shelle came and picked him up and SAILED him over there!!!!

9:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hasn't Theo been around on this show for years and Ciara was born, what, a year or so ago? But now they are the same age and playing together?? I guess they just make the kids whatever age seems convenient at the time.

10:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What the heck is Victor going to do with the tape recorder when he's practically immobile in a hospital bed? All he can do is clutch it in his hand where anyone would notice it.

Typical of every TV show, when somebody wants to get rid of evidence, they never just throw it in a public trash can or flush it or burn it, they give it to somebody or put it in a drawer.

11:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just from that short scene with Kate and Daniel in Prevuze II, you can see they have way more chemistry than Daniel and Chelsea. Not that that's saying much. I loved the reference to Lexi's numerous affairs and the EJ/Sami picture. So true.

2:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Loved the French comments. Priceless.

And Max probably just walked to France - I'm sure he can walk on water.

He also go there pretty damn fast. Maybe he just crossed his arms, blinked and nodded his head and POOF there he was.

3:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wait, why don't I have a censored link???

5:23 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I was gonna bring up the age of Theo but I see someone else did first! I should have done it weeks ago when I first realized it, huh? haha

Again, I am a dummie, what does ROFLMAO mean? I am serious, I don't know!

8:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have a serious beef about Morgan.
Just a few days ago she was Morgan Queen of the finger shanking Divas. I've seen her burst into offices where she has no business being, wave her finger and roll her neck at people in high places ordering them to arrest John Black.
Where did she go? Today, I see her with Phillip acting like a 4 yr old shy kid on her first day of pre school. Phillip tells off the postalworker and Morgan whispers," You were amazing." What is this?!!! She whimpers and whines and thinks she can open a package with her xray vision. She's so totally different from the fake nail welding, neck rolling, arm hugging diva witch that was on a few days ago.
I just had to get that out of my system.
Now, Sami (Scarlett) poor thing, her world is falling apart. All the men she thought she had totally in her control are leaving her. She told Lucas she has feelings for EJ but Lucas better stay devoted to her and not have thoughts of having a life. She tells EJ that Lucas is the love of her life. But, he better not think of Nicole. Well, it's good to see somebody is staying one step ahead of her to the point she can't think what trick to throw up as an obstacle next.

8:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Blogarama     Globe Of Blogs