Friday, July 04, 2008

Revenge Sex

Chelsea and Daniel provide the Independence Day fireworks in the dark at Bo and Hope's house. The guests stand around watching with their collective jaws on the ground as the geezer and the baby attempt to suck themselves into a single entity. The lights come on, revealing the entire scene. Three or four people slam into each other as they attempt to run out and be sick. Chelsea comes up for air, "Uh... the lights are on." Daniel doesn't seem to care.

Bo goes into action. He flashes his teeth and heads for the couple. Hope pulls him back. Bo settles down, "I'm cool... really."

Hope asks, "They why are you clenching your jaw and why is that vein in your forehead popping out?"

Caroline is with Victor, "Well, I see that little talk you had with Daniel did a world of good."

Kate walks in, sees the disgusting scene and faints.

Marlena yells for John. He opens the laboooooooratory door. He stands there holding a burning Zippo for light, "We are made wise not by the recollection of our past, but by the responsibility for our future: George Bernard Shaw."

"Who's going to clean up this mess: Marlena - Evans - Craig - Bradford - Brady - Black - North - Black – DiMera." She asks what he has done in there.

"Onward and upward, Blondie," says John. Marlena peeks at the disaster behind him and gasps. John sets her hair on fire with the Zippo.

Sami yells for Lucas as she searches the mansion, "I hope you haven't done something stupid." Perhaps she forgot it's Lucas she's talking about.

Meanwhile, things heat up back in Elevator #1. Uh-oh. It appears Lucas is definitely doing something stupid – Chloe. Lucas breaks it off and asks if she's OK. Chloe says she's OK in spite of her claustrophobia. She feels guilty for making him break the terms of his house arrest, "But since you're here, I'm definitely not scared any more."

"Glad to be of service," says Lucas. Chloe thinks perhaps she can be of service, too. She moves in.

Over in Elevator #2, Nicole and EJ are more actively involved. EJ explores it all. Nicole joins in. Panting... Heavy breathing. EJ is out of control, "Oh... Samanther!"

Well that brings things to a halt. EJ tries to do damage control, "I am so sorry."

"I won't play second fiddle," says Nicole.

"You'd have to move up a few chairs to be second fiddle," says EJ, "I feel so foolish and cheap."

"Isn't that my line," asks Nicole.

"It was a mistake," says EJ, "I did not mean to hurt you." Well, that was quick. Nicole is all-better. She goes back to playing second fiddle.

Stephanie wonders if they weren't supposed to already be at Bo and Hope's. She thinks they're lucky to have lights in the pub. Max tells her the more she distracts him, the longer they will be there. Stephanie goes for more distraction as Nick arrives. Max says Trent has info he wants and Nick can help him some of it.

Speaking of getting some... Lucas and Chloe go at it. Chloe breaks it off, "Are we crazy?"

"I know I am," says Lucas, "I've been cooped up too long watching Sami and EJ walking around that place doing a mating dance. I know she has the hots for him. I'm not the man she's in love with any more." Lucas checks the guy manual for the perfect thing to say to clinch the deal, "YOU UNDERSTAND ME." The guy manual comes through every time. Lucas moves in.

"Wow," pants Chloe, "This feels..."

"Right," gasps Lucas, "It feels right to me."

"Me too."

Lucas asks, "Then why do you look so upset?"

"I feel like I'm somehow betraying Phillip."

"But you think he's betraying you with Morgan," says Lucas, "It's time to lose those feelings of guilt, and pick up a whole new set of guilty feelings after we do this." Lucas backs off. Chloe wonders if he's getting claustrophobic or feeling guilty himself. He claims not, "You have Phillip – my brother – and I have Sami... so wouldn't we just be using each other?"

"For now," says Chloe, "But that could change couldn't it?"

"I don't know if feelings could shift that fast," says Lucas, "And I just don't know how I can go from one person to the next that quick."

Chloe moves in, "Well, let me see if I can help."

Over in Elevator #2, the tops have come off and things are progressing. EJ asks, "Are you feeling better?

"If I were scoring," says Nicole, "I'd say I'm a ten."

EJ looks at her boobs, "I'd make it more like a seven."

EJ piles on the compliments. Nicole thinks he's being a gentleman and finds it charming, "In the past some of the men I've been with have been egocentric bullies. But you're a classy guy. A classy egocentric bully." S-l-o-w M-o-t-i-o-n.

Nicole stops him for a moment, "Do you have protection?"

"OMG," gasps EJ, "You know that stuff's illegal in Salem. You'll be pregnant with my kid before those elevator doors open."


Doctor Miracle tries to revive Kate. Victor is disgusted, "She didn't need to witness that."

A gal from the audience screams, "Neither did we!"

Chelsea snorts, "I don't want to get into that right now."

Daniel tends to Kate, "If she doesn't come-to I'm getting her to the hospital."

"Wow," says Victor, "You really learned some advanced techniques in med school."

Lexie and Abe arrive. Lexie sees the problem and runs up to Daniel, "Do you need help?"

"No," says Daniel, "I want her to live."

Bo thinks she passed out because of the heat.

Max shows Nick the mysterious picture and says he thinks it's his sister, "Trent won't tell me who it is though." Nick says he will help him. He says Trent trusts him, "So here's what I'm thinking..."

Marlena sees the mess in the laboooooooratory and falls apart. "Don't cry Blondie," says John, "I'm insured." She lectures him for destroying the disc. John says he's a big boy. He can make his own decisions. He's tired of chasing ghosts. She smacks him and he reels backward. He says he didn't do this on a whim.

Marlena bawls, "You were a kind, loving generous man and that's gone forever. Now you are a hateful shell of the man I once loved." Marlena storms out.

John turns to Ava, "She didn't take that very well, did she?" John says he didn't mean to hurt her. Ava tells him everything is OK.

Sami searches for the ankle monitor, as Marlena comes in. Sami claims she's looking for an earring. She asks why Marlena is upset. Marlena babbles. Sami says, "Then it's John, isn't it? What's he done now?"

Marlena says, "I've lost him. This time it's for good."

Sami asks, "When you lose John, isn't it always good?"

Marlena says, "For John."


Sami thinks a clean start might be just the thing Marlena needs. Marlena don' wan' no stinkin' clean start. John walks in with Ava and faces Sami's wrath. He tells her this is none of her business. "My mother is my business," yells Sami, "She loves you and you broke her heart."

John is his usual laconic self, "My life. My future. She can play the victim but knew what the risks were."

"People could have helped you," says Marlena, "You could have turned to your friends... your family, but instead you turned to a complete stranger."

"With the friends and family I have," says John, "Turning to a complete stranger is the only responsible thing I could have done."

Ava tells Marlena she and John have a connection because they have both been victims and are struggling.

John takes control, "Stop it. It's just memories... Misty water-colored memories of the way we were."

Marlena says, "Most people who lose their memories are horrified by it."

"The thing is," says John, "You are part of my memories, so the horrifying thing would be to get them back. I find it liberating. Now I am in control of my own destiny."

Trent walks up to he pub. Nick thanks him for coming. He says he needs a ride back to campus. That's just fine and dandy with Trent. Nick tells him he just has to run inside and get his things. On the way he not-so-subtly bumps into Trent and apologizes.

Kate is awake. She says she just felt light headed. Daniel has her get up. Kate tells Chelsea they need to talk. They go off together. Victor follows. Daniel stares.

Nick has his bag from the pub and off they go. Max, predictably now has Trent's cell phone.

John decides he needs to change clothes. "I could freshen up myself," says Ava.

John announces, "We'll be upstairs." He and Ava leave.

Mount Samitubo blows. Marlena tells Sami she has just expected too much for too long, "But what I want to talk about is you and Lucas and EJ."

Sami plays the broken record, "I love Lucas and I want to spend all the Days Of Our Lives together. But I can't just erase what happened with EJ."

The super-shrink asks, "Have you told Lucas you love him and want to be with him?"

"Yes I have," says Sami. Sami thinks it's too hot. She wants to get out of there. She wants to take the twins where there is air conditioning, but doesn't want to go to Bo and Hope's party. Marlena suggests the Salem Inn. Sami suggests they go together but Marlena wants to stay there and brood.

EJ and Nicole dress. "So," says EJ, "What just happened?"

"It has been a while for you, hasn't it," asks Nicole, "It's called revenge sex. It's better than make up sex." He thinks she goes from being a needy little girl to a tough woman rather quickly. He helps her dress and smooches. EJ says he doesn't understand why she thinks so little of herself. "Maybe it's the fact that I'll have sex with any Tom, Dick and Elvis I bump into in an elevator," says Nicole.

"I think we're both selling ourselves short," says EJ. Translation: "I think we're capable of doing it again."

Lucas and Chloe writhe. Chloe asks if he is sure, "Maybe we should think about it." Lucas don' wan' no sitnkin' thinkin' – S-l-o-w M-o-t-i-o-n. Clothes fly.

Chloe stops him for a moment, "Do you have protection?"

"OMG," gasps Lucas, "You know that stuff's illegal in Salem. You'll be pregnant with my kid before those elevator doors open."


Marlena wanders around the mansion. She walks into the laboooooratory, "How could you?" We pan in on the broken disc.

Kate tells Chelsea, "Daniel and you – That's totally inappropriate." Victor sits like a statue. Kate says she wants her to break things off now.

Lexie lectures Daniel. She says he needs to think this through. Daniel says he is done thinking. This feels right to him.

Sami wheels the twins into the Salem Inn. Hamilton tells her the hotel is on temporary lockdown. Sami was hoping to get a room but Hamilton tells her the hotel's backup power is only for the lights, "And we've got another problem. People are trapped in the elevators." Sami looks over at the doors, which are sealed shut, each bearing a sign that says, "If this elevator's a-rockin' don't come a-knockin'."

Elevator #2: EJ and Nicole cuddle. Nicole thinks things feel really good. EJ thinks it's getting hot in there. He wonders how long it will be until they are rescued. Translation: The fun's over and now I really want to get out of here. A part of Nicole hopes the rescuers never arrive.

Elevator #1: Lucas and Chloe dress. He tells her since he broke the terms of his house arrest it will be a bad deal if they find him there. He wants her to go on the lam with him. Chloe knows he could never leave his daughter. "If I get caught, I'm dead," says Lucas.

The audience yells in unison, "HE'S IN THE ELEVATOR!"

Chloe moves in for round 2.

Ava and John find the room empty. Ava thinks that's perfect. John pours champagne. He toasts the ushering in of the era of John Black DiMera.

Marlena picks up the broken disc. She has an epiphany, "It's only a half disc, but it could restore his mind since the old John was a half wit. I am not giving up on you. Not yet. You may be through with your past but I am not, and I will not let you give up on your future."

Nick comes back into the pub. Max has found a number Trent has called frequently over the past couple of weeks, "It's out of the country."

Nick says, "I told him I left some papers here and took a cab back to get them, so I gotta rush." Max calls the mystery number.

A female voice answers, "Dad? Dad?"

Fireworks explode over the Brady bash. The crowd watches. Chelsea and Daniel stare at each other. Daniel goes inside. Chelsea walks the other way. Ooohhhh's and Ahhhh's.

Since no one is at work today unless you work for a total slave-driver, you might want some extra fun. Deb has put together a special 4th of July Blog you should check out. Click Here. Really. I'm not kidding. This is good.

Have a great Independence Day, gang. Drive safe and play safe.



Previews
========

You can watch the previews later today on our PREVUZE II website.

13 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the great update! I'm glad EJ has moved on. Kate needs to butt out, I am sick of her!

5:13 AM  
Blogger Applecheeks said...

Bulldog - a very timely update on Belle & Shawn. LOLOL And, BTW, I just read your comment from yesterday. I think maybe it was the Seattle Sonics....oops, can't be. They are on their way to Oklahoma to be the OK Oakies or something like that.

Evilgenius...another stellar picture.

Prevuze...Carmine's devastation and Bope's need to invite the WHOLE family next year were priceless.

On to a few of my favorite snarks:

Marlena peeks at the disaster behind him and gasps. John sets her hair on fire with the Zippo.

If only! ROFLMAO

EJ is out of control, "Oh... Samanther!"

Well that brings things to a halt. EJ tries to do damage control, "I am so sorry."


Tsk, tsk. Where is the Guy Manual when you really need one? .....Oh, I see. Lucas has it over in Elevator #1.

Nicole (Chloe) stops him for a moment, "Do you have protection?"

"OMG," says gasps EJ (Lucas), "You know that stuff's illegal in Salem. You'll be pregnant with my kid before those elevator doors open."


Funny but, please God, no!

There were two minor HUH?! moments I must mention. (There were too many BIG HUH?! moments to go into!)

1. Someone's brilliant diagnosis was that Kate fainted from the heat. Yet, the two old folks are sitting over there dressed in LAYERS of clothes seemingly impervious to the temperature!

2. Nick, the goody two-shoes braniac, is suddenly a skillful pickpocket?

Can't wait to see the actual episode. Not for DOOL itself, but because each scene will bring up the memory of Prevuze take on it and I can snicker all over again.

HAPPY 4th!!

5:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I almost had my own fireworks when I was stupid enough to be swallowing a piece of blueberry muffin when I got to Jawn setting Marlena's hair on fire. HAHAHAHA

SO MANY great Prevuisms! "Lexie runs up to Daniel, 'Do you need help?' 'No,' says Daniel, 'I want her to live.'"

And "It's only a half disc, but it could restore his mind sice the old John was a half wit."

Loved the Little-Bo-Peepish and Evilgenius pics. Thanks for a great Prevuze and Happy 4th to all!

6:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hysterical Prevuze this morning! I can't even list the Prevuisms I liked the most - pretty much every paragraph made me laugh. Great job!

Oh, and please tell me this is a Prevuism: Marlena sees the mess in the laboooooooratory and falls apart. "Don't cry Blondie," says John, "I'm insured."

Please tell me John does not really say that...

6:55 AM  
Blogger Prevuze said...

Oh, and please tell me this is a Prevuism: Marlena sees the mess in the laboooooooratory and falls apart. "Don't cry Blondie," says John, "I'm insured."

Please tell me John does not really say that...


Sorry, El, this is the NuJohn. He's irreverent, snide and cynical.

He's also insured.

7:26 AM  
Blogger Deb said...

Just a few missed Prevuisums:

Lexie lectures Daniel. She says he needs to think this through. Daniel says he is done thinking.
When did he start? Damn, and we missed it!


"I don't know if feelings could shift that fast," says Lucas, "And I just don't know how I can go from one person to the next that quick."
It took me a whole week to get over Carrie and go back to Sami


And with a tip of the hat to another NBC show, The Office:

John turns to Ava, "She didn't take that very well, did she?"

The audience screams:
THAT'S WHAT WE SAID!!



Thanks so much for the link to my blog today Prevuze.
And yes it did take me FOREVER, LOL and yes I am now sick of what used to be one of my favorite songs, but we all make sacrifices for our craft.

Peace and Love and Fireworks!!

7:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry, El, this is the NuJohn. He's irreverent, snide and cynical.

He's also insured.


ROFL - thanks for the reply! Not that I expected some sensitive words of wisdom out of his mouth, but it sounded so much like a Prevuism. Something tells me that the Days dialogue writers are among your readers!

7:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, Nicole really has sunk to a new low. I can not imagine having sex with someone who called me by the wrong name. This hook-up is just stupid.

7:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Please tell me that SOMEbody that had their hands on that disc had the sense to make a backup copy.

Lesson one when you're a twenty something woman acting like a preteen and dating a geezer and you're both at a party filled with geezer family members of the pretwentysomething, YOU DON'T WANNA DO ANYTHING TO CAUSE HEART FAILURE! It's called manners or dare we say...class. The pretwentysomethinggeezer couple should have realized that's why they say " Get a room." If not, SOMEbody will most surely pass out.
She should have taken notice that if that kind of behavior was appropriate for a famly picnic, then everybody there would have been sucking face.
Ok. I'm going to be fine. It was just the heat.
BTW, LOVED the "love stinks" video on the 4th of July blog. Great editing.

10:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"If I were scoring," says Nicole, "I'd say I'm a ten."

EJ looks at her boobs, "I'd make it more like a seven."

LMAO! Great Prevuze! I'm still smiling that EJ calls out Sami's name. Take that Slut of Salem!!

10:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Chloe is a nympho!!!! Maybe that's what turn Brady into a druggie he couldn't keep up.

10:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The guests stand around watching with their collective jaws on the ground as the geezer and the baby attempt to suck themselves into a single entity.

It's phrases like this that allow me to be able to read about the Channage in this episode. But what is up with the ending chan looks (from Prevuze II)? Was that supposed to be intensity cause they now look pissed at each other.

11:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I told you ~ Kate is Daniel's missing link from many eons ago. Forget the fact she is old enough to be his mother....

It must sicken her that her granddaughter is doing her dude.

2:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Blogarama     Globe Of Blogs