Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Powerful And Penetrating

Stephanie sits and sucks her thumb at the pub. Max comes up and apologies for not being himself. Stephanie apologizes for being herself. She asks about the picture. Max doesn't answer, but she thinks that's not what is bothering him anyway. She knows he's ten times smarter than Nick, but not getting the recognition, "I don't get it. What does the professor of the physics department have to do with you?"

Max says, "Once a year, he has me come in and speak to his class as an example of how low students can sink if they flunk out of college." Robbins walks in with Nick.

Dr. Dan rambles on about Kate. The nurse with him goes to check on her as Chelsea walks up and asks, "Do you know what's wrong with her yet?

"What do you think I am, a doctor?"

Phillip wants to go out with Morgan for just dinner. Just dinner. Really, just dinner. Morgan likes that but doesn't think Chloe would. "Then I won't invite her," says Phillip.

Lucas watches as Chloe stands on the dock and bawls.

Sami hides the ankle monitor as Rolf brings Ava in. John asks Sami for some privacy. Sami zones and then snaps like a twig in a hurricane. Apparently Sami's a little sensitive about John dating. She reminds John he's married.

John reminds her that it was Marlena who ran out on him, "She has gone off to find herself more times than the feds have tried to find Jimmy Hoffa's body. There are 27,582 square feet in this house. It shouldn't be difficult for you to give us some privacy."

Sami takes a picture of the happy couple with her phone to email to Marlena. She leaves. John and Ava share a nervous chuckle.

Outside, Sami gets a call from Roman. He asks for Lucas. Sami's says he's upstairs with Allie. Roman asks her to have him call. "It may be a while, Dad. He's really busy."

"That's OK," says Roman, "I plan to be in the neighborhood later. I'll drop by."

Daniel says he doesn't have a diagnosis yet. Chelsea blows up, "So you're just clueless as to what is wrong with her?"

Daniel says, "For the moment. What... you think I have all the answers? I don't. Doctors fail from time to time. Sorry to disillusion you."

Chelsea softens, "Well, I suspected you were human. What throws me is that you are sorry. It's hard to believe you are apologizing to l'il ole me." Suddenly, Daniel wishes his scalpel had ripped a main artery during the pancreas operation.

John serves wine, "I thought a powerful and penetrating red would suit the occasion."

"Powerful and penetrating," she repeats, "Are you a wine connoisseur?"

"Not that I know of," says John. He says he had the cook work up some finger foods. He starts some music. Ava decides she would rather not call this a date since he's married. John asks, "Does the fact that I am married bother you?"

Ava says, "It sure doesn't seem to bother you. Let's call your wife and see if it bothers her."

Sami paces and rants about Lucas. Roman shows up and asks to see him.

Lucas spies. Chloe bawls. Lucas dials. Chloe's phone rings and she answers. Lucas apologizes for what he said earlier. Chloe accepts. Lucas says, "So stop crying."

Chloe asks, "How did you know I was crying?" Lucas mouths the mother of all expletives.

The nurse brings Kate's test results. Chelsea tells Daniel to get busy and cure her.

Max tells Robbins and Nick it's on the house. He leaves to do things in the back.

"Charming young man," says Robbins. Nick says he's been under stress lately. Stephanie comes up. Max asks for a word in private. He asks what's going on with Max. Stephanie dunno. She tells him about the fight between Max and the dean as Chelsea walks in. Chelsea comes over tells them about Kate. Stephanie goes to get Max. Nick and Chelsea share an uncomfortable moment as he tells her he has to get back to the dean. He says he'll call later to see how Kate is doing.

Nick goes back to the counter and sits down with he dean. He apologizes for leaving. The dean waxes eloquent, "Never fault a young man for tending to the fierce lyrical needs of young women."

"Auden," asks Nick.

"No," says Robbins, "Max Brady. He's a literary genius, too."

Chelsea asks Max for a club soda.

Nick asks the professor about the argument. Robbins says Max isn't a fan of his theories and wasn't afraid to tell him so.

Kate tells Daniel the pain is manageable, "Whatever you gave me did the trick. What was it?"

"I have no idea," says Daniel, "It was something John Black recommended." Daniel says he will do everything he can to find out what is wrong with her. She asks about Chelsea. Daniel says he scared her off.

Phillip tells Morgan he and Chloe have a history. He has asked her for space, but doesn't know about a future. "Is she OK with that," asks Morgan.

"Not really," says Phillip.

"Good for her," says Morgan, "No self respecting-woman would buy into that garbage."

"Yeah," says Phillip, "But we're talking about Chloe here, not a self-respecting woman."

John says his relationship with Marlena is complicated. The relationships with Marlena and his daughter don't mean anything to him. Ava thinks he should try to overlook he problems and focus on the love. She says she loved her father. She can't go on when she starts to talk about things he did. She also says she has been in the mansion before, and tells him about her conversation with Marlena, "I'm not keen on stabbing another woman in the back. Kidnapping and shooting, yes; stabbing, no."

John says, "Marlena's in love with a man who doesn't exist any more, and what your father did to you was unforgivable." He says he didn't choose to distance himself from his family, "I had my memory stolen. Sometimes that's liberating – Clean slate, no baggage. A chance to be the man I want to be." They drink to that.

The twins cry and Sami starts to run upstairs. Roman says, "But I thought Lucas was up there."

"He's outnumbered," says Sami. She bolts up the stairs. Roman looks confused. In this case, looks aren't deceiving.

Lucas says he just knew Chloe was having problems with Phillip. Chloe says, "Since we are both in the same boat, you and I could form an alliance... kinda like a 'I got your back if you've got mine' type of deal."

Lucas ponders and then says he's in. He hangs up.

Morgan says, "So you have feelings for Chloe but don't know where it's going? You've used every lame cliché in the book about that relationship."

"This is DOOL," says Phillip, "The Mecca of lame clichés. You're pretty high on yourself, aren't you?" Morgan tells him she has to get ahead in life. A call interrupts.

Morgan answers. It's her dad. She tells him she can't talk because she is with Phillip at the moment. Paul says he doesn't want her anywhere near him.

Chelsea asks what's going on. Stephanie says, "Max has a secret. There I said it." Max brings Chelsea a bag of food. "But I ordered a club soda," says Chelsea.

"If it doesn't have something to do with nuclear physics," says Max, "I can't remember it." Chelsea leaves.

Nick excuses himself and goes over to Max. They argue about what Max said to Robbins. Max says he's too busy to argue. Nick wants to know what this is all about. He wonders how Max knows enough to judge the professor. Max says he just picked up a few things along the way. Nick snorts, "You don't just 'pick up' things about cold fusion." Stephanie watches as they go at it.

Kate tells Daniel she doesn't want Chelsea hurt. Daniel says for his whole adult life he has been Mr. Responsibility. When he's out of the hospital he just wants to be left alone, "Then this girl walks into my life – and that is what she is, just a girl. It won't work. I can't be what I want to be when I am with her. I will be reckless with my own life but not hers. When she starts to work here it's hands off."

Chelsea walks up and asks what they are talking about.

Phillip says he doesn't know why Paul doesn't like him. Morgan thinks Phillip is everything her father wants her to look for in a man, You're powerful, rich, good looking and you have most of your appendages."

Phillip suggests she might be a gold digger. Morgan says she isn't and tells him what her father wants her to have in a man is not necessarily what she wants. Phillip asks, "And just what are you looking for in a man?"

Lucas comes out from the rock he has been hiding under and bumps into Paul. Paul thinks Lucas looks familiar. "I don't think so," says Lucas, "Take care." Lucas runs off.

Rolf serves dessert. Ava says she doesn't have any more room, but she gives it a try, and decides it's irresistible. John smirks. He thinks they have a lot in common, but is envious of her because she has a sense of who she used to be. Sometimes Ava wishes she could forget. John says she shouldn't say that, "A past makes you who you are. I wish I didn't just have to make things up as I go along."

"That's not so bad," says Ava, "The DOOL writers do that all the time."

Ava says she is just starting to discover her morals. "Cool," says John, "That would mean you don't have any at the moment, and I know for sure I don't. So maybe we can do that together." John toasts discovery and exploration.

Max admits he altered some of Nick's work. Stephanie says, "Thank God it's finally out in the open." Max says he was just trying to help.

Nick says friends don't do things behind friend's backs, "Instead of changing my work, why didn't you just come to me? Why didn't you suggest we work together?" EPIPHANY ... "OMG! You thought I couldn't bat in your league. You thought I wasn't good enough to collaborate with you." Nick huffs off and goes back over to dean Robbins, "I'm giving the grant money back. All of it. If you want someone to build the eco prototype, Max is the guy."

Chelsea hands Kate the bag of food from the pub, "Here. You can eat this in case your stomach isn't hurting enough already. A little chowdah ought to send you straight to the ICU." A nurse wheels Kate away for more tests.

Daniel says, "I know you are eager to lay into me but now isn't a good time."

"There never will be a good time, will there," she asks, "I understand. You're not in love with me." She walks off.

Daniel contemplates the counter top, "The problem is, I am."

Phillip invites Morgan to stay. She thinks it's not a good idea. He gets a call. Paul tells him if Morgan finds out it will be bad for everybody. "This isn't a secure line," says Phillip, "We have to talk later."

On her way out Morgan bumps into Chloe. Chloe announces, "I left my earrings."

"Hmmmm...," Morgan turns, "Goodbye Phillip."

Chloe gives Phillip a look that could kill. Phillip madly searches through the Guy Manual and comes up with, "Morgan and I are just friends."

Chloe says, "I wasn't born yesterday."

Phillip tries the Guy Manual again, "You are the one I want to be with."

Chloe snorts, "Go to hell."

Phillip tosses the Guy Manual into the wastebasket and moves in on her. Smooch.

John pours the last of the wine. Ava says, "Any more and you'll have to peel me off the floor."

John says he had a good time, "Would I be totally out of line if I asked if I could kiss you?"

Ava says, "Straight to the point, eh?"

"I'm sorry," says John, "I don't speak Canadian."

Ava gives him permission. John moves in. Ava asks to see the rest of the place. John takes her out for the tour.

As they open the door, we see Roman having a conniption. Sami rushes into the hallway and bumps into John, "Bastard."

Sami tells Roman John is betraying Marlena. Roman perks up, "Drat the bad luck." He says that's not why he's there, though and asks about Lucas.

Lucas steps into the hallway, "Somebody say my name?"


Previews
========

You can watch the previews later today on our PREVUZE II website.

17 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

John reminds her that it was Marlena who ran out on him, "She has gone off to find herself more times than the feds have tried to find Jimmy Hoffa's body.

…and just as successfully.

”It's hard to believe you are apologizing to l'il ole me." Suddenly, Daniel wishes his scalpel had ripped a main artery during the pancreas operation.

The audience stands up and screams in unison, “so do we!!!!!!!!!!!!”

He says he had the cook work up some finger foods.

What? I thought Rolf’s cheese puffs were legendary.

Sami paces and rants about Lucas. Roman shows up and asks to see him.

Lucas is such a putz. His ankle bracelet is off for 10 minutes, and the police are showing up at his door step. Why did he risk getting caught without the ankle bracelet… to go to the docks and contact Chloe on his cell phone? What the hell is that all about?

"A past makes you who you are. I wish I didn't just have to make things up as I go along."

"That's not so bad," says Ava, "The DOOL writers do that all the time."


Ain’t that the truth!

"I understand. You're not in love with me." She walks off.

Daniel contemplates the counter top, "The problem is, I am."


I have a large supply of barf bags, and I am willing to share with all my friends.

Bulldog thanks for another great installment to the Belle and Shawn saga. All the pictures and captions are great. I especially like the Chloe and Phillip conversations. Once again, Prevuze has taken another wacky DOOL episode and made it sound entertaining. Way to go Prevuze!!!

5:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOVED the screencap Evilgenius. And I have to agree. Ain't karma great? :D

I especially love the fact that some of the JaMers thought it was hilarious when Ava was coming in between Stayla. Now look how the tables have turned. (Still glad Ava's on the canvas, JaMers?) LOL!

5:54 AM  
Blogger Deb said...

The twins cry and Sami starts to run upstairs. Roman says, "But I thought Lucas was up there."

He IS, why do you think they're crying!

Chelsea hands Kate the bag of food from the pub

Smart move Chelsea, if Kate has to have emergency surgery, a full stomach is what she wants to have.
@@ eye roll.

I was reading on a spoiler site that indeed, Prof. Robbins will be Max's father, Trent Decker.
If they were going to re-write history, why did they pick something that was part of a major SL? It was a HUGE deal when Max met his father.

And speaking of Max, he did do a lot of the engineering design on Shawn's race engine. So we kind of knew he was at least smart.
But then again, you'd think that someone as brilliant as Max would be doing something more than bartending at his family pub.

5:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Daniel contemplates the counter top, "The problem is, I am." That is until he's treated Kate longer.

You know, I can't believe Chelsea and Nick share yet another scene cause they didn't have this much screentime together when they were dating during the winter.

6:02 AM  
Blogger cfish said...

Prevuze, I can't believe you missed this one...

"Nick and Chelsea share an uncomfortable moment as he tells her he has to get back to the dean. He says he'll call later to see how Kate is doing." He's still hoping to get that 'mother-daughter-grandmother' trifecta!

6:04 AM  
Blogger Applecheeks said...

"This is DOOL," says Phillip, "The Mecca of lame clichés."

And where potentially good storylines go to wither and die.

Nick says friends don't do things behind friend's backs, "Instead of changing my work, why didn't you just come to me? Why didn't you suggest we work together?"

Wish he would have stuck around for an answer. Inquiring minds want to know....

Ava says, "Straight to the point, eh?" "I'm sorry," says John, "I don't speak Canadian."

LOLOLOL

Another great Huh? moment:
Daniel says for his whole adult life he has been Mr. Responsibility.

Say what? All we've heard is how the brilliant doctor is footloose and fancy free - never tying himself down to one job or hospital.

Great pictures, as usual, and I can just see the T-shirts Chloe & Lucas can wear for their IW-YROAM Alliance.

Thanks Prevuze!

7:00 AM  
Blogger Prevuze said...

Prevuze, I can't believe you missed this one...

Fortunately we have an intelligent reader base who can pick up on those things for us. Thanks.

7:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why did he risk getting caught without the ankle bracelet… to go to the docks and contact Chloe on his cell phone? Leslie, you took the words right out of my mouth! I was sorta hoping he'd get caught and tossed back into the slammer.

And you took my second comment too, Deb, with Chelsea bringing someone with a stomach problem food like that? Yuk!

Evilgenius, I didn't remember Marlena giving Billie the all clear. What a hoot! HAHAHA

And Prevuze, as always great Prevuisms (It was something John Black recommended") and pictures today. Thanks!!

8:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

They're trying to make Max into a Christopher Michael Langan. The man has an IQ of at least 195, up to 210. He works as a bouncer.

So Lucas had a cell phone, any reason why Sami didn't call him to say Roman was on his way?

8:43 AM  
Blogger cfish said...

Poor Kate. If she's not banished to the "Kate-Zone", she's given a "Kate-Illness" -- a mysterious illness that just "happens". No weeks of silent suffering and anguish, no private torment over what it could be, no dramatic collapse in the middle of some big gathering -- just "Oh, by the way Daniel, my stomach hurts" so that she can be a vehicle through which the nauseating Chan story can be forced down our throats. Hey, maybe THAT'S what's making Kate sick!!!

9:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like the episode where Victor knows who to call to get Chels. a job. Dr Dan; surgeon,child psychiatrist,neonatal superman, "going green go to" guy, and now....DAH DAHHHHH...Human resource guy.
I've worked in hospitals. I've been to ER's as a patient. I've never gone into the hospital, walked right up to a surgeon and complained about my tummy ache and had him personally bring me the admission papers to keep me overnight for some tests.
I'm going to Salem hospital from now on. You get better service.
Good point about Sami not calling Lucas on his cellphone when she realized he could be missing and Roman was coming over.
I've been suspecting Rollins is Max's dad for a while now. And, might I add that Roscoe Born has aged well. I remember him from One life to live.
How long will it be before Ava realizes she's setting herself up for another hurt? Wonder if this one will send her over the edge too? Lots of possibilitys here. Shame she's leaving this summer. But, in all honesty, I'm kind of tired of her character as I am Chloe.

9:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really like the new John, he's so much more interesting than ol'squint. Which works out great because with all that botox in his face, squinting is out of the question.
That said, I'm fascinated by his maniacal personality and speech pattern. Weirdly hot. lol

11:30 AM  
Blogger Deb said...

Kate doesn't have stomach problems she has an ovarian torsion.

Ovarian torsion is the twisting of the ovary due to the influence of another condition or disease. This results in extreme lower abdominal pain.

Here's a link in case anyone is the least bit interested in finding out more:
Ovarian torsions

12:35 PM  
Blogger cfish said...

An ovarian torsion? Can anyone else see the handwriting on the wall? Are we going to have a reproductive organ transplant (whatever the peritonitis damaged) from Kate to Chelsea so that she can have kids????

1:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

“Are we going to have a reproductive organ transplant (whatever the peritonitis damaged) from Kate to Chelsea so that she can have kids????”


That would mean that Chelsea would be able to reproduce. OMG, don’t even say that in jest.

2:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know, I can't believe Chelsea and Nick share yet another scene cause they didn't have this much screentime together when they were dating during the winter.
Haha, Tripp. Those were my thoughts exactly.
Heh, I love EvilGenius' pictures.

"For the moment. What... you think I have all the answers? I don't. Doctors fail from time to time. Sorry to disillusion you."
Psh... well it's not like its totally Chelsea's fault. He's been able to do just about everything else in town.

And I guess I'm in the majority on wondering what the hell Lucas risked more jail time for???

When she starts to work here it's hands off."
He's says this like he has choice, isn't this policy or some such?

And speaking of Max, he did do a lot of the engineering design on Shawn's race engine.
Actually Deb, I think it was Shawn who did all the work on that 'totally awesome' engine. I remembered being quite surprised when I learned Shawn could design anything.

And silly Robbins, Max is a Brady, there is nothing you can do to him. He got community service for stuffing a body in water heater.

3:43 PM  
Blogger Applecheeks said...

“Are we going to have a reproductive organ transplant (whatever the peritonitis damaged) from Kate to Chelsea so that she can have kids????”

Double OMG from me! Can you imagine? The possibility of having a baby using your GRANDMOTHER'S eggs?

That's just plain EEEEWWWWWWW.

7:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Blogarama     Globe Of Blogs