Monday, June 09, 2008

Midnight Booty Calls

Chloe hauls her ten-ton bag down the stairs. Phillip wonders what she is doing. He steps up to help her, "What do you have in here, bricks?"

"Uh... yeah," says Chloe, "That's it... bricks. Just don't go looking for the silverware for a while." She hands him the house key. Phillip begs her to keep it.

"What," asks Chloe, "so I can come in for midnight booty calls? I don't think your dad would approve." Phillip insists she keep it. He tells her he missed her last night. Chloe missed him too, "But you have to pick your battles and apparently I'm not worth fighting for." Phillip begins to understand why Brady turned to drugs.

Lucas is on the phone. He tells the guy he's got cash. Sami overhears, "What do you need money for?"

John gets a call, "Ava! Of course the offer still stands. 7:30 at my mansion." He hangs up as a figure stands over him. John looks up, "I wasn't sure you were gonna show."

"All that stuff about the drugs is just a bunch of rumors," says Paul.

"My sources say you are associated with Phillip Kiriakis," says John.

"Your sources are wrong."

"Then my sources are lying," says John, "And I don't like liars."

"You picked the wrong town to live in," says Paul.

John asks, "Are you the one who planted those drugs on my ship?"
Morgan comes in and soaks it all in.

Pete tells Stephanie Max is at the bank and should be back soon. Dean Robbins walks in and Stephanie goes over the top with the compliments, "Oh your talk last night was absolutely great. And I'll bet I would have liked it better if I would have understood a single word of it."

Max walks in and gets in Robbins' face, "What the hell are you doing here?"

Phillip tells Chloe she is worth fighting for. He asks her not to do this. Chloe says Victor would go ballistic if he found her there. Phillip asks if they are still on for dinner. Chloe is looking forward to it. So is Phillip. Smooch.

Paul insists he didn't plant any drugs. John says Victor was a kingpin in his day and the apple doesn't fall from the tree. Paul protests, "I could've dropped a dime on you a dozen times but didn't." John tells him that would have been a big mistake.

Morgan interrupts, "Just what are we talking about?"

Lucas orders a pizza. Sami stares disapprovingly, "You know I don't like anchovies." He asks about EJ and Sami tells him he's working. Lucas broods. Sami grovels and apologizes for all the horrible things she has said and done to him. Actually, it's the Reader's Digest version, or this episode would now be over. Sami wants them to work together and not fight any more. Lucas wants to drop it. Sami wants them to be together and to be a family with Allie.

Johnny yells from the other room, "What am I, chopped liver?"

Sami takes her groveling to a new level, "I choose you Lucas. I love you. You're right. We have all made mistakes, can't we just gat past that?"

Lucas says, "I'm sorry, but I don't fool around with married women." Sami moves in a little closer. Closer... closer... Hard-hearted Lucas backs off.

Max tells Robbins to get out. Robbins says he came to see Max, "The man who had the audacity to discredit my book." Max tells Stephanie Robbins is a total fraud. "What I want to know," says Robbins, "is how a beer boy knows about forward thinking scientific applications." He turns and leaves.

Stephanie wants to know why Max is behaving like this. Max snorts, "Because he thinks I am a brain-dead bartender."

"That's not true," says Stephanie, "You're a brain dead former race driver. Why don't you tell him the truth?"

Lucas says, "I want you, Sami. I want everything we have talked about, but I didn't know EJ was a part of the picture."

"You didn't know my husband and father of one of my children was part of the picture," asks Sami, "You didn't rot in prison – your brain did. I want to grow old with you. We're halfway there. You already act like you have Alzheimer's. We can have that."

"I don't think so," says the grumpy old snort. He walks away.

Paul tells Morgan he was just thanking John for helping make him a free man. John says not only that, but Paul will also have his old job back soon. Morgan doesn't want that. She wants her dad to have something with less stress. Paul reminds Morgan she isn't going to college by saving cereal boxtops. She turns and tells John to stay away from her dad.

John smirks, "That's touching. I don't have that kind of bond with my daughter. As you wish. Daddy's all yours." John leaves.

Paul tells Morgan that was unnecessary, "I can take care of myself."

"I'm not so sure about that," says Morgan.

Phillip and Chloe smooch. He tries to give her money for the room. She refuses because her first alimony check has arrived. Phillip thinks that money won't go very far. Chloe says she might be leaving Salem soon. Phillip says something but all the cheering from the audience drowns it out. He gets a call and goes into the next room. Chloe turns and leaves.

Stephanie and Max bicker about Robbins. Max says he's happy with his life the way it is. Stephanie says it looks more like he's unhappy. She wants to help, "If you're unhappy now, wait until I start meddling."

"I have to pour some beer." He walks over to the bar.

Stephanie gasps, "Max, pour it INTO the glass." Max gets distracted by his mind challenging job, so Stephanie sneaks upstairs.

The caller tells Phillip there are brain waves on the disc. "Brain waves," he repeats, "That's pretty uncommon in Salem."

Morgan barges in, "I know I should have called first, but I didn't have anywhere else to go."

"What about the sorority," asks Phillip.

"They're all at band camp," says Morgan, "This is about John Black. Somebody needs to stop that man."

Lucas and Sami continue to have the same tedious, annoying discussion. Lucas snorts, "Until I see the divorce papers, we have nothing to discuss."

"Then why do you keep running off at the mouth," asks Sami.

John rushes in. "Good, Sami, you're here. I need a woman's feedback but I'll settle for yours." He takes out two bottles of cologne and sprays one on each wrist, "Which one of these releases your feminine desires?" Sami sniffs and makes her choice. He tosses the other one to Lucas, "Happy birthday, kid." John plans to use the irresistible aphrodisiac on his date tonight.

Sami is shocked, "You can't be serious! You're married!"

"I could say the same thing for you," says John.

Lucas just can't resist opening his mouth, "Good point."

John tells them he wants privacy when his lady friend arrives. He walks off. Sami blows her stack, "Every man in here is completely insane!"

Stephanie comes back to the bar and gives Max her sheepish pouty little girl look. Max wants to know where she has been. He sees Stephanie is holding a picture, "What is that?"

She hands it to Max, "Who is she?"

Max nukes, "You were in my room!" They bicker back and forth and Max finally says, "That's my real mom. Are you satisfied?"

John rushes back in as Lucas sits at his computer and registers for a membership at dweebs.com. John asks, "Man, did you get a whiff of that kitchen?"

"All I can get a whiff of," says Lucas, "is that cologne. Do you really think you should be dating?"

John says, "A man needs a little... social intercourse. I don't want any children around when my date arrives. That goes for Johnny and Allie, too."

He walks off. The doorbell rings, and Lucas opens it. A shady character stands there, "Lucas Horton?"

Lucas steps outside, "You got that thing?"

"You got the cash," asks Mr. McShady. Lucas pays.

Sami discovers Chloe at the Java Café and turns on the bitchmode afterburners, "Having dinner for one?"

Chloe informs her she's having dinner with Phillip. Sami piles on. She says she saw her bags and wonders if Phillip kicked her out. Chloe says she moved out on her own. Sami just can't stop, "And I thought it would be Nicole who got voted off the island next. Well, if you're homeless, you could sing in the subway for money."

"Why are you being so mean," asks Chloe, "I didn't force Brady into drugs." Sami goes into meltdown. Chloe remains calm and asks, "Did you ever stop to think about how this affected me? I want Brady to get better."

Beelz-she-bub asks, "If you care so much for him then why didn't you stay in Europe and fight for him?"

Morgan tells Phillip she ran into her father and John at the Java Café. She's worried about her dad. Phillip tries to reassure her. He gets a call and woks away, "Make it quick."

Paul is on the line, "John is on to me. I want the rest of my money."

Phillip asks, "What makes you thing you deserve it?"

Paul yells, "I planted the drugs! You owe me big time, Kiriakis!"

Stephanie says she isn't leaving until Max forgives her. The audience chants, "FORGIVE HER! FORGIVE HER!" She wants to know why he's so angry at dean Robbins. She asks to see the picture again. He hands it to her. She takes another look, "The baby must be you. He's wearing a T-shirt that says 'When I grow up I want to be a looser bartender.' Your mother is really pretty. Tell me about her."

Paul wants the money. Phillip hangs up. Morgan has decided she has to leave. Phillip takes her hand, "I'd like you to stay."

By now, Sami is in an uncontrollable spiraling vortex of bitchiness. Chloe decides maybe she should leave town or should have tried harder with Brady. Sami softens. She says she talked to him last week. Chloe guesses Brady won't be coming back to her. She just wants to be happy, that's all, "And if you talk to him again, will you tell him I said hi? Also, I think you should try to work things out with Lucas. Not everyone gets a second... I mean... five thousandth chance." Sami flashes back to a time long, long ago and far, far away. It's one of the ten billion times she told Lucas, "Our love is strong enough to get through anything." Suddenly, Sami has a hangnail and they break up again.

Lucas finishes the deal and goes back inside. He opens the package and uses the device to work on his monitor.

Max talks about his memories of Mama, "One time she took me to the park. I wanted to go on the merry go round, but I had just eaten and Cruella deMommy wouldn't let me because she thought it would make me sick. So I did what any red-blooded American kid would do. I threw a tantrum."

"And you've been throwing them ever since," says Stephanie.

"Everything turned out OK because she bought me ice cream on the way home," says Max.

Stephanie says, "So the main thing you learned from your mother was if you throw tantrums, people with give you ice cream. That explains a lot." Max isn't sure if that memory is real or not.

"This is DOOL," says Stephanie, "Nothing is real." She thinks Max should try to find her. Max says no.

John can't believe Sami brought the twins home. He's concerned they will disturb his hot date.

"Don't worry," says Sami, "I just put them down."

"You didn't have to kill them," says John.

"I can't believe you're dating," says Sami.

"A man like me has basic... needs," says John. Sami gasps. John stands in front of the mirror and unbuttons his shirt, "Do you think I should show a little chest hair?"

"You're making a big mistake," says Sami.

"Huh? I thought you ladies liked that."

Lucas wanders by the docks.

Morgan tells Phillip she has no plans for the evening. "What," says Phillip, "No date?"

"It's been a bit of a guy drought," says Morgan, "Not many guys show up at the sorority since we implemented the policy that each one of them has to supply his own water heater." Phillip offers her a drink. Morgan half chokes, and then accepts. Chloe just happens to come back in and finds them giggling and drinking. She leaves her key and goes.

Stephanie tries to encourage Max to find his mom. "Don't even go there," says Max. He doesn't want her to tell anyone about it.

Stephanie is glad he finally opened up to her, "No more secrets between us, until I have something I want to keep from you."

Morgan says she feels kind of weird about this, "Your girlfriend wouldn't approve."

"I thought this was just between friends," says Phillip, "If you're up for it we could try dinner sometime."

"Humpf."

Lucas hides as Chloe walks up to the edge of the dock and bawls. The audience chants, "JUMP! JUMP!"

Sami asks where Lucas is. John says he didn't hear any alarms, so Lucas must be around somewhere, "I want him out of sight. And the same thing goes for you, Tink."

"Belle was Tink," says Sami.

"Sorry," says John, "It's hard to tell the dumb blondes apart without a scorecard."

Lucas watches Chloe.

Sami searches for Lucas. She gives up, picks up the TV remote and accidentally on purpose drops it. As she picks it up, she finds the brown paper bag with Lucas' monitor in it. Her jaw hits the floor.


Previews
========

You can watch the previews later today on our PREVUZE II website.

18 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Chloe missed him too, "But you have to pick your battles and apparently I'm not worth fighting for." Phillip begins to understand why Brady turned to drugs.

Talk about an excellent early Monday morning snark attack!

Stephanie goes over the top with the compliments, "Oh your talk last night was absolutely great. And I'll bet I would have liked it better if I would have understood a single word of it."

Obviously, it had nothing to do with bad hair.

Lucas says, "I'm sorry, but I don't fool around with married women."

Wait a minute. Let’s go back to that memorable black thingy that Sami wore several months back. While her husband sat in a wheel chair across the hall, Sami and Lucas did the nasty on their couch. Apparently, Lucas has done a real about face or maybe he’s just hankering for some Carmine lovin’. Perhaps Carmine has an equally fetching black thingy. Hey, gang, that certainly conjures up a picture doesn’t it?!

The caller tells Phillip there are brain waves on the disc. "Brain waves," he repeats, "That's pretty uncommon in Salem."

Ever so true, ever so true!!!

Lucas snorts, "Until I see the divorce papers, we have nothing to discuss."

"Then why do you keep running off at the mouth," asks Sami.


Amen!!! I thought Lucas was coming out of the slammer a changed man. If anything, he’s become even more annoying. Talk about a one trick pony.

Sami just can't stop, "And I thought it would be Nicole who got voted off the island next.”

“Survivor” isn’t even on NBC.

Lucas finishes the deal and goes back inside. He opens the package and uses the device to work on his monitor.

Martha Stewart is supposed to be ingenious. How come she didn’t come up with this one?

It appears that you and Big Brown had a rough weekend but you certainly emerged energized with all your turbo-Prevuzisms!!! When you miss a Saturday Prevuze, it’s like a weekend without sunshine. Many kudos to Cfish, Evilgenius, Bulldog, and Prevuze for outstanding photos and captions!!!

6:34 AM  
Blogger Applecheeks said...

Phillip begins to understand why Brady turned to drugs.

Took him long enough.

”So I did what any red-blooded American kid would do. I threw a tantrum."

As I vaguely recall my DOOL history, Frankie & Max are VonLueschners from Europe. And when Max was about the age he is reminiscing about, he and Frankie were homeless orphans. Ahhh – the rich history DROOL continues to butcher if not outright ignore.

"Don't worry," says Sami, "I just put them down." "You didn't have to kill them," says John.

DANG! Forgot the cardinal rule of reading Prevuze as I got to this exchange. Can someone hand me some paper towels to mop up the mess on my keyboard??

Actually, that sounds like something Jawn WOULD say now. LOLOL

"I want him out of sight. And the same thing goes for you, Tink." "Belle was Tink," says Sami. "Sorry," says John, "It's hard to tell the dumb blondes apart without a scorecard."

Classic Jawn!!

Sami searches for Lucas. She gives up, picks up the TV remote and accidentally on purpose drops it. As she picks it up, she finds the brown paper bag with Lucas' monitor in it. Her jaw hits the floor.

The audience stands up as one and chants, “TURN HIM IN! TURN HIM IN!”

Great post. Great Prevuisms and funny, funny pictures. C'Fish, Evilgenius, Bulldog, Prevuze - you all are brilliantly twisted.

Thanks all!!

6:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, Leslie! You had me choking on my spit over the Carmine lovin'!!! Good thing I wasn't drinking anything.

So are we supposed to assume that Max' real mom and Professor Fraud hooked up and had Max and that's why he's so "smart" - because Professor Fraud is his dad and when he basically calls him a loser he isn't talking just about his brain? I can't think of another reason to all of a sudden bring up his real mom.

Does anyone remember the storyline about little Max' folks, back when he and Frankie were adopted by the Brady's?

6:40 AM  
Blogger cfish said...

All I remember about Max & Frankie is that they were adopted from an orphanage. They're not really brothers, but Max was so withdrawn and fragile that Frankie "looked out for him" and referred to him as his brother. So Applecheeks, I think you are right that Frankie is a VonLeuschner (I'm trying to remember if that was the name the priest used when he "married" Frankie & Jennifer the day Jack returned from the dead -- yet again), but Max is not. I don't know that they ever really said anything about Max's true parentage. Deb? You're the resident DOOL geneologist/historian -- do you have any info?

7:02 AM  
Blogger cfish said...

Got this info from About.com -- don't know if it's totally accurate or not.

Max escaped his abusive father Trent Becker as a young child. He was rescued by kindhearted teenager Frankie Donner. They came to Salem posing as brothers and were taken in by Steve Johnson and Kayla Brady. The two brothers gained a loving family when they were eventually adopted by Shawn and Caroline Brady. Shortly afterwards, Frankie left town and Max was sent away to camp.

7:10 AM  
Blogger Deb said...

Anonymous - You are correct.
Also Max's father's name was Trent Becker.
Now unless they change history.......oh yeah I forgot this is DOOL. Changing the past is pretty much MANDITORY.


Paul insists he didn't plant any drugs. John says Victor was a kingpin in his day and the apple doesn't fall from the tree. Paul protests, "I could've dropped a dime on you a dozen times but didn't." John tells him that would have been a big mistake.

Morgan interrupts, "Just what are we talking about?"


Wow guys, way to use old school gangster lingo to confuse the young people.

7:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"You didn't know my husband and father of one of my children was part of the picture,"
lol. The obvious things we often miss.

I don't have that kind of bond with my daughter...
Should be added Actually I did, but I didn't want it.

Ah, where would this show be if someone wasn't meddling on behalf of someone else without their authority.

"Every man in here is completely insane!"
PROTIP: Look at the women they are vying for.

I don't want any children around when my date arrives.
I actually thought he was referring to EJ, Lucas and Sami. Heh

Sami discovers Chloe at the Java Café and turns on the bitchmode afterburners
Damn, prevuze is excellent today.

"If you care so much for him then why didn't you stay in Europe and fight for him?"
Because dear Samantha, sometimes it's better to leave people to their own devices instead of meddling.

"And you've been throwing them ever since,"
Amen!

He doesn't want her to tell anyone about it.
Tell people what? That he'd adopted? Or that he has a real mother? I'm dense?

And EvilGenius' picture truly was evil. lol.

8:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think we all came to the same conclusion at once - a history rewrite is in the offing and Robbins is Max's father, hence his smarts for numbers. I'm glad for the prior history, tho, as I didn't know Frankie and Max weren't real brothers.

How conveeeeenient Sami was looking for a tv remote. Except when some earth-shattering news bulletin about a Salemite is being broadcast world wide, when do any of these people even have a tv in the room?

Loved "Not many guys show up at the sorority since we implemented the policy that each one of them has to supply his own water heater." HAHAHAHA

And all great pictures, too. Thanks for cheering up a gloomy Monday! :D

8:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So all Lucas cares about is Allie, doesn't even mention Johnny. EJ cares for both twins. If I were their mother that would make my decision for which guy to go for right there.
Glad leslie brought up the whole Lucas not minding married women before. Ridiculous.

8:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Prevuze II?

9:45 AM  
Blogger Deb said...

So all Lucas cares about is Allie, doesn't even mention Johnny. EJ cares for both twins. If I were their mother that would make my decision for which guy to go for right there.

Ah yes Victoria, any of us mothers would do the same.
BUT, don't forget we are talking about Sami here.
A woman with all the mothering skills of a sea turtle.

Discovery Channel note here:
The sea turtle swims to a remote beach, emerges from the water under cover of night, lays her eggs, then leaves them to hatch and the baby turtles to find their way to the sea and fend for themselves.

9:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If it wasn't for his gender, then Lucas would make an ideal female sea turtle as he is continously doing stupid and criminal acts that end up leaving Sami and his children, Will and Allie, to fend for themselves!

Lucas has always been and always be placing his wants, needs, and desires above everyone else--- that is why he and Chloe are so perfect for each other!

Lucas and Chloe are two of the most self-indulged, spoiled rotten, and whiny characters on DAYS!

By the way, I have to disagree with Prevuze about the Beelz-bub comment re Sami.

Sami brought out an excllent point when she asked Miss Diva-Selfish why she hadn't stayed in Europe to fight for her husband!

10:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

lol, because Brady is druggie. He is also a GROWN man who blames his addiction on another person. She should have ditched him long ago, imo.

Lucas/Johnny/EJ
Ej is in no position to care about one twin more than the other, he can't afford anymore screw ups, with the 'rape' issue, him being an 'evil' DiMera, ect. He has to prove himself, he can't pick and choose.

Lucas on the other hand can because he has greater leeway. My point in this is that Lucas is NOT Johnny's father, Johnny has a father - an able bodied father who is currently in his life.

I don't trust EJ because he seems dishonest, is there anything he doesn't want to do for Sami, she could murder someone in cold blood and he'd be there smiling with all his smarm.

I've always thought Lucas is just protecting himself from hurt as Johnny IS a DiMera and that comes with a whole load of problems. And I think Lucas wants little as possible to do with them, and I can't say I blame him. I wouldn't either, baby or no.

Johnny will probably be snatched someday for an extended period of time, dabble in some evil when he reaches early adulthood, and probably become a bit like Stefano as this is a soap.

11:25 AM  
Blogger Deb said...

Whoa there Klaus.
I must object to you saying that it's okay for Lucas to ignore Johnny or put Allie ahead of him.

Children don't see things in terms of "step" or "real". They only know "parents".

In the case of the twins, no matter who Sami picks, EJ or Lucas, the other one will be a part of BOTH their lives.

If Lumi works things out, Lucas will be Johnny's Step-father. He will have a large role in Johnny's life. If he keeps up the "he's not my son" nonsense, it will only hurt Johnny.
Innocent children shouldn't have to suffer because their parents are idiots.

I know from experience. If my husband had treated my daughter the way Lucas is treating Johnny, I'd have kicked him to the curb.
But he didn't. He loves her as much as if she were his own flesh and blood.

I don't believe EJ is pretending to care about Allie. I think he truly loves that little girl as much as he loves his own son.

12:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry, but I have to agree with Klaus on this one - I can understand why Lucas is cold towards Johnny, and I'm sure if/when LUMI wins out and Ejerk is out of the picture, Lucas will be a loving father to both Allie and Johnny.

12:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I must object to you saying that it's okay for Lucas to ignore Johnny or put Allie ahead of him.
That's where we differ I think, I don't think he's ignoring him, just distancing himself from whatever pain he believes that EJ (in his eyes) will inevitably bring him.

Johnny has a loving mother and father, it's not like he's depriving the child of anything.

I don't believe EJ is pretending to care about Allie.
I'm mixed about this - I'd like to think so but I'd have to see EJ with Allie when there isn't anything in it for him. He has too much to gain by caring for her. He's in a position where showing inequality could spell doom for him.

I think Lucas will warm up when/if he sees EJ's care as genuine, right now he probably believes EJ is going to spring some nefarious trap. Not that this is a valid excuse, EJ has been clearly doing a better job.

Regardless it's better than Peanut? being dumped by Philip. Bleh...

1:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Since when does Lucas did Lucas get morality? He didn't care that Sami was married before, why does he care now? And why is he choosing to punish Sami and not EJ. He's more angry with Sami than Ej or he'd be sleeping with Sami on the couch so EJ could find them.

And why in the world is Chloe receiving alimony? Is she disabled? Has she NO SKILLS? Does she not know what the term "Friends with Benefits" means?

I can't believe Lucas would think less of Johnny because he doesn't like his father.

And Evil Genuis really is a genuis.

3:18 PM  
Blogger Sarolite said...

Chloe gets alimony because she wasn't able to get work in Europe and thus was dependent on Brady for her financial support. Probably a lot of it too; I imagine it's a big check, coming from an ex-husband who's both a Kiriakis and a Black/DiMera.

8:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Blogarama     Globe Of Blogs