Monday, February 25, 2008

Your Whore Of A Mother

And the award for best soap opera with no writing, no plot and multiple storylines that make no sense goes to...

Belle and Sami (BS) meet outside the pub have a whinefest. They decide the family will never be the same now that OMB has gone to the Big Pub In The Sky.

"This place is just so him," says Sami. They decide to focus on Caroline. Poor Caroline.

Inside, it's hugs and tears as the family makes the arrangements with Father Jansen. Hope is on the way to the hospital because Bo had to have more tests. She's going over there to help him study. Ciara and Claire are with Maggie at Mrs. Horton's. EJ comes in with the twins. So there you have it... a full baby inventory. Except maybe for Pocket.

Patch rants at Kayla for getting out of bed. She rants back and wonders how his ribs are. "My ribs are fine," he quips, "With a nice spicy Memphis dry rub." He wants her to give the bun in the oven time to rise. She wants him to stop using stupid metaphors.

Finally she agrees to go rest for an hour. "And then I'm going jogging."

"Over my dead body."

Smooch, "Don't tempt me."

Kayla goes into the bedroom and Patch makes a call, "How soon can you meet me? I'll be right there." Patch hustles over and opens the door. GUESS WHO?? Stephanie is standing there and they both jump back. He tells her he's on his way out. Stephanie panics and thinks this is about Kayla.

John huffs, puffs and tosses documents. Marlena comes in. "So far things look legit," says John. He wants to see Stefano and asks Marlena to help him get in to see him, "That sick, twisted bastard is my family. Come on, could be fun."

Caroline suggests Sami could have dropped the twins off with Maggie and Alice. "Maggie and Alice will be just fine," says Sami, "As long as they have Claire and Ciara watching them." Sami thinks EJ is getting pretty good at being a nanny.

Roman is on a first name basis with Father Tim. He tells him he would like to do the eulogy. Everyone huddles around Caroline, who insists she is fine, right before falling apart.

Sami asks if Shawn and Belle are back together. Belle tells her they are, "There is a lot of comfort in being with the love of your life. And if I can't have that, at least I have Shawn."

Ava stares at a picture of her and Patch in happier times.

Patch tells Stephanie his ribs are killing him and he was going on an errand. Stephanie doesn't buy any of it. He has her come in and tells her there is something he has to deal with. Stephanie says, "Papa, I wish you would tell me what's going on."

Papa mumbles, "And I wish you'd go back to Dayton and finish your racing career."

Stephanie thinks he's hiding something. Sometimes," she says, "you act before you think. The rest of the time, you think after you act." Kayla interrupts. Patch wants to know what she is doing out of bed. With any luck, she came out to duct tape his mouth shut. Kayla says she got hungry. Stephanie chimes in and says she's done research about what Kayla craved when she was pregnant with her, back in the Stone Age. She knows Kayla is going to want chips and dip. Since Patch is already there, Stephanie leaves to get the chips. Kayla thinks Patch is being overprotective. Patch takes that to the limit and makes her go back in the bedroom to lie down. Once Kayla is out of the way, Patch makes a call and says he got hung up, then leaves.

Outside the pub, Caroline meets EJ and says she knows how he feels.

Seeing Stefano is not Marlena's idea of fun. In that case, John says he wants to go in alone. Reverse psychology works even on a psychologist. Marlena does a one-eighty and says she thinks it might be worth the risk if it will help get his memory back.

The doorbell rings on their way out. It's Abe. He tells Marlena, "John and I have unfinished business." He holds up his badge, "Police business."

Abe says John has never been released from protective custody. He won't let John leave and says he hasn't forgotten Marlena snuck him out of the hospital. He thinks John is dangerous. Marlena insists he's not Stefano's soldier anymore.

John turns to her, "You're even prettier when you're angry."

"Prettier than what," asks Marlena.

"Don't go there," says John.


Abe says he has the authority to hold John for 72 hours. John insists he isn't a threat and can prove it with a phone call.

Shawn and Roman talk about OMB and Bo. They decide to get the keg for the wake and have a rip roarin' back slappin' good time on the way to the basement. "We want to give Shawn a sendoff he would enjoy," says Roman.

"In that case," says Shawn, "We'd better get two kegs."

Caroline tells EJ she knows the look that says, "I've made mistakes and don't know how to fix them." She has been there. The worst mistake she made was betraying her wedding vows. She's willing to talk to EJ if that will help. She sees how much he cares about Sami. She advises him not to dwell on his mistakes. Something good came from her affair with Victor. And they had Bo, too. She invites him to Shawn's funeral, "Shawn's death has made us realize you have to live every moment until you die."

"What other choice would you have," asks EJ.

Stephanie gets back with the junk food. Kayla greets her and says Patch told her he had an errand to run. They go into the bedroom arguing about what to watch. Stephanie doesn't want to watch something Kayla might find interesting, like a bunch of old women yakking. Kayla doesn't want to watch something Stephanie might find interesting, like the test pattern.

Ava dials, "I need your help. Daddy won't let me out of here again. He found out I went to see Patch. I need you to find out everything you can bout Patch."

Patch gets back home and hears the TV in the next room. He hyperventilates, takes out his gun and puts it in the inside pocket of his jacket, and then hangs the jacket over a chair. He dials, "Hey man, that info did not trace back to Ava. I'm not crazy. She is here. She got to me, man, and people died because of her. I have to find her and stop her before she does it again."

Sami wheels the twins and asks where Caroline is as Caroline and EJ come back in. Caroline continues to insist she is OK. She tells Sami it's OK for her to take the kids home. EJ packs everything up, takes control of the baby buggy and heads out the door, "The EJ express leaving town." Sami follows.

Caroline says Shawn thought this was the best pub for a wake so Caroline wants him to have the best send off any guy ever had. She issues orders to the remaining crew and everyone goes into action, if you can call anything in this episode 'action,' that is.

Ava is still on the phone, "Daddy is very generous. I can get as much money as I want from him, but he keeps things from me. I need to know everything about Patch and that bitch he married."

Meanwhile, Patch continues his conversation, "There is no record about where she is living. I know about the old man and how he protects his little girl. Keep digging. What I do then is none of your damn business. Both of you are part of my past I want to forget about. When I disappeared back then that was no accident. I have a new life and I can't let my past touch my family again."

Lexie arrives at the mansion after receiving the call from John. He wants Lexie to tell Abe he doesn't need to go back to the hospital. Lexie and Marlena vouch for John.

"As a trained psychiatrist," says Marlena, "I can tell you, this man is a danger to no one." Translation: Look out, Salem, John is on the loose.

Abe insists he is John's friend, but the man in front of him isn't John. Finally, he relents and tells John he is free, "I will be watching you." Robert DeNiro steps in and shows Abe how to point toward his eyes and then John's when he says that. John and Marlena leave.

The arrangements are made at the pub. Roman asks Caroline what she said to EJ. She fills him in. Roman asks if she thinks Stefano's son can change. Caroline insists everyone can change. And the award for the most unbelievable redemption of an unredeemable character goes to...

Patch flashes back to the threatening card as Stephanie and Kayla come out of the bedroom. He has brought chips and salsa but Stephanie has beaten him to the punch. Once again, he lectures Kayla for not resting, "At least sit down."

"You first," says Kayla. They sit. Stephanie decides to leave. Patch asks her not to go. "Why not?" And the award for the most boring scene ever...

Stefano lies in bed. John and Marlena walk in and stare.

Stephanie wants to know if this has anything to do with their conversation before. Kayla's antennae pop up and she wants to know what that's all about. Patch tells her they were just talking about taking care of her.

Over on the other side of the room, paint dries on a wall. Finally we get something happening in this episode that isn't so boring.

Stephanie has to go. Patch badgers her about where she will be. Stephanie reminds them she has a cell phone. She says she loves the fact they are so into each other but sometimes it's embarrassing. Finally, she makes her escape.

"Well," says Patch, "we embarrass our daughter. How does that make you feel?" They decide they don't feel bad about that. Patch attends to her Kayla's other cravings.

Ava threatens the person on the phone. She'll tell daddy how he has helped. Her, "Nobody walks away from me. Patch did. And now he has to pay. I'm going to tie him up, sit him in front of a TV and make him watch this episode of DOOL over and over."

EJ tells Sami he thinks Caroline believes in him. Sami thinks Caroline is grieving. That makes her remember OMB, and she breaks down. She says she doesn't even remember the last thing she said to him, and can't believe they have lost another member of the family. Sami can't take it. She collapses into EJ's arms. EJ comforts her and kisses the top of her head. Finally, Sami calms down and apologizes for doing that. She leaves the room dazed and confused.

John taunts the catatonic Stefano, "Your undoing was your ego, you smug SOB. The two people you brought together were the last two you should have ever brought together – my mother and me. Colleen. Your nemesis. She and Santo had a bastard kid. Me. I'm their son – your half brother."

Stephano's mind rages, "No! That is impossible!"

"How's that for irony," asks John, "Your plan almost worked. I came this close to cutting her throat but something stopped me."

Stephano thinks, "I still own part of you. I always will."

"You're gonna hate this part," says John, "She died happy. Your family turned on you and condemned you to remain like this for all the Days Of Our Lives. I hope you're enjoying your new life because I will enjoy your old one. Your house is now my house. I'm going to drink your booze, smoke your cigars, eat your food and sleep in your bed. Before long it will be as though you never existed." He turns to Marlena, "Let's go, Blondie."

Trapped inside his mind, Stephano blows a gasket, "Damn you John! Damn you and your whore of a mother!"


Previews
========

You can watch the previews later today on our PREVUZE II website.

18 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

. She leaves the room dazed and confused.


day and the life of a dool viewer after watching that days episode lol


Ciara and Claire are with Maggie at Mrs. Horton's. EJ comes in with the twins. So there you have it... a full baby inventory.

i think there would be better dialog with the babys then everyone else

Caroline suggests Sami could have dropped the twins off with Maggie and Alice.

so not only does the parebts want to get rid of the kids the grandmother does too


Sami asks if Shawn and Belle are back together. Belle tells her they are, "There is a lot of comfort in being with the love of your life

so i wonder if this is a directed towards sami hmmm


great prevuze today

4:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I find it mildly significant that Sami and EJ brought their babies to the funeral, or pre-funeral, while Belle and Hope fenced their kids off again. I've never seen Sami pawn off her kids, yet that's all Belle and Hope do anymore.

I've always taken my kids to weddings and funerals, sitting in the last row next to the exit "just in case", so I understand Sami's thinking. For once. But, oh, she had to ruin it, falling into EJ's lap and being comforted by him. She's falling hook, line, and sinker for the ole'chap.

Really though, isn't it time for Belle to realize she's pregnant already, and not know the daddy yet, and that prompts her to leave Salem w/Shawn thinking it's theirs??

5:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

She knows Kayla is going to want chips and dip. Since Patch is already there, Stephanie leaves to get the chips.

Oh, Prevuze, so true, so true.

Caroline suggests Sami could have dropped the twins off with Maggie and Alice. "Maggie and Alice will be just fine," says Sami, "As long as they have Claire and Ciara watching them."

Very funny!! What’s with dumping the twins on Maggie and Alice too? Are they running a day care business? Alice has got to be at least 110 years old and Maggie is creeping up on 80. Claire and Ciara would have to watch all of them!

This episode sounded like a real snooze job until the end. I wonder how long it’s going to take before Stefano emerges from his forced coma. Hopefully, the writers will be creative enough to make things really interesting. Yaa, and someday my prince will come.

…and the award for the best blog ever goes to PREVUZE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"With any luck, she came out to duct tape his mouth shut."

That one cost me. I have to buy a new keyboard beacuse I just spit tea all over this one.

6:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good that we have Prevuze to salvage most of this episode, tho I always like Sami & EJ screen time together.

But in the end, Stefano pulled it off again.

Trapped inside his mind, Stephano blows a gasket, "Damn you John! Damn you and your whore of a mother!"

So, I award him Best Actor in the Category of a Vegetable.

6:46 AM  
Blogger Firstfall said...

Loved the "Mule" comment!

Definitely agree the award for best Blog goes to Prevuze! a

em, good one with the 'best vegtable' category! LOL!

Thanks Prevuze - your blog, and hearing Sami lets EJ comfort her, both made for an excellent morning!

7:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

When I read the title I thought it was going to be about Kate. HAHAHAHA

Can you imagine poor Alice being in any kind of shape to babysit?!? Which means it's actually left to Maggie, babysitting the kids, Alice - - and Mickey.

This episode really would win the most boring award. Thanks to Prevuze we know when to zap to the good stuff. Thanks!! :D

7:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Does anyone know when the episodes will be written by the original writers again?

7:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Eh, you have to be officially released from an unofficial protective custody?? I thought they were just doing John a 'favor' by holding him there against his will, and Stefano is gone (for now), so... what's the problem?

Sami and EJ... bleh, I can't wait for Lucas (I KNOW, RIGHT!?) to return.

Haha, wow, Bulldog. I thought someone was talking about Kate too.

8:07 AM  
Blogger Applecheeks said...

LOL at Abe and the cereal box top picture.

I know the SPD wouldn't really be of any help, but why is Patch going it alone with this Ava chick?? I realize this is just so the writers can drag things out, but guys, this just makes no sense. Even for DROOL.

I'd actually forgotten Stefano wasn't really in a coma and could understand everything that was said to him. (DUH!!) But how much better that scene would have been if the Phoenix could actually react to the news that Jawn was his brother!? Of course, the fact that John has been resurrected just about as many times should have given him a clue. LOL

8:32 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Applecheeks said: I'd actually forgotten Stefano wasn't really in a coma and could understand everything that was said to him. (DUH!!) But how much better that scene would have been if the Phoenix could actually react to the news that Jawn was his brother!? Of course, the fact that John has been resurrected just about as many times should have given him a clue. LOL

8:32 AM

I'm sure Rolf will come up with an antidote any day now.

Who is this Ava? Didn't Patch have a "wife" in Ohio when he was Nick? How many alternative lives did he have? He didn't remember being Steve while he was Nick, but he remembers this other life with Ava in it? Did I miss something?


Prevuze said:
Meanwhile, Patch continues his conversation, "There is no record about where she is living. I know about the old man and how he protects his little girl. Keep digging. What I do then is none of your damn business. Both of you are part of my past I want to forget about. When I disappeared back then that was no accident. I have a new life and I can't let my past touch my family again."

Huh?

9:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree.

Huh?

I thought Ava was someone I should know from the past because I've missed a few years here and there since I started watching DOOL in the 70's. So she's new?

That statement also made we wonder if he was faking NOT remembering his former life & family (which I could understand) in Salem.

I'm so used to being Dazed by this show, I figured it was me.

9:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think Steve is talking about his first "past," after growing up with the Johnson group and then going off to the merchant marines. I think when he first comes on the scene he's just a buddy of Bo's from the merchant marines. I doubt we knew much about him then. Perhaps he "disappeared" from Salem long ago or something.
Granted I was a kid back then, so I could be wrong. Wait, didn't Steve grow up as an orphan with Dr. Marcus? I'm sure there's some dark, missing years there.
But do we really need another evil, powerful family?
Thanks Prevuze. I read you everyday, yet this is my first comment.
Loving John telling off Stefano. I find it hard to believe Stef didn't know John was Colleen's kid, but I guess that's asking too much from the writers.

1:07 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Unbelievable. They really wanted to shove Payla "magic" to the faces of the new viewers. I just don't see it, they are just as disgusting as John and Marlena before John died this last time.

Half the people in this show seem to not care one bit for Shawn Sr. death. Like, "he's gone let's move on, whatever."

The other thing that irritates me is people having babies and never taking care of them. They are always under someone else's care.

This is the worst handled death of cacharacter ever. I find it sincerely disrespecftul to the actor leaving.

1:17 PM  
Blogger cfish said...

My problem with this Ava chick is that she looks WAYYYYY too young to have been from Steve's "merchant marine" past. Besides, they already had a woman from back then come back into his life and cause trouble (remember his supposedly dead wife, Marina?). She almost has to be from his Nick Stockton days, but she seems even a little too young for that...

1:18 PM  
Blogger Applecheeks said...

OMG! I just watched Prevuze II. Good thing Prevuze identified Kimberly as being in that first little snippet. I don't think I would have recognized her with the long red hair and all the botox and face lifting she had going on. LOLOLOL

6:27 PM  
Blogger sabannt said...

I love your comment about EJ's being redeemed now. It is awful to see EJ and Sami together. It is so true.

Love the full baby inventory. That is rare. You are right that Ciara wasn't mentioned once during the Ireland trip.

8:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"...My visa has expired."

"I don't get it," says EJ, "I'm married and have a family here. Plus, I was born here."


This is a stupid story. EJ was born in Salem so he's a U.S. citizen and doesn't need a Visa, unless somewhere along the line he denounced his U.S. citizenry.

11:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Blogarama     Globe Of Blogs