Friday, January 25, 2008

Obbin

Shallow breathing Mad Dog Evans vows to get even with Stefano for all the things he has done to her family, "For future reference, Stefano, refuse meds from someone who hates you. On second thought, ignore that advice. You won't be needing it."

Marlena shakes Stefano, "Wake up!" No reaction. "Rise and Shine!" No reaction. Frustrated Marlena beats him, "I don't want you missing the party." She takes out a dime bag and waves it in front of his nose. He wakes. "Hi," says Miss Congeniality, "I was beginning to wonder If you would ever wake up."

"Me, too," says Stefano, "I was watching DOOL and that will put anybody out."

Hope joins the top brass in the cop shop. Roman tells them about the run in between Shawn and the thug they have in lockup. His name is Robert McCullough. Hope asks how Shawn is, "He's OK," says Roman, "He has a big knot on top of his head, though. In fact, it's the first time they've ever found anything up there." Hope wonders what will happen to Shawn. Bo asks if this will keep him from being a cop.

"It should," says Abe.

Chaos reigns at the pub. Crawford Decker makes threats and demands to know what happened to his son. In the background, they clear off one of the tables in case Patch and Kayla get horny again. Patch restrains Decker who asks him, "What if it were your child?"

"My child was raped," says Patch.

Decker needs to know. He turns to Chelsea, "Tell me what happened."

"OK," says the brat, "I'll tell you."

Hope defends Shawn. Abe says they will look the other way, as usual, but someone needs to talk to Shawn about his antics. Hope says she will talk to him. Roman says it should be a police officer who talks to him.

"Like I said," says Hope, "I will talk to him."

Abe asks, "Does this mean you're coming back?"

Hope says, "I don't think I ever left."

Roman says, "I knew we couldn't be lucky enough to get rid of her. Welcome back detective Brady."

"Oh, well," sighs Ciara, "I guess if I ever want to see my parents I could rob a donut shop."

John yanks at his restraints and screams. Nurse Judy brings pills. John don' wan' no stinkin' pills. "It's either this or an injection," says Nurse Judy.

John says his tantrum was fake. He just wanted to get Judy-licious into his room. He gives Judy the once-over, "Now I've got a name to go with my fantasies."

"You're incorrigible," giggles Judy.

"I think I'm falling in love," sighs John.

Judy buys his line of BS, "You'd better be a good boy, or I will have to give you something."

"As long as it isn't drugs," says John, "I'm watching you." Judy leaves. John watches. Once Judy is gone, John remembers Stefano telling him about "the enemy." This person is always one step ahead of Stefano, but he has created a great machine to find this person. Stefano says it's time to give John the name of his objective.

Pizza face Rob sits in the interrogation room and insists he isn't going to talk. Roman breaks out the rubber hose. Rob leans forward and whispers, "Once I am outta here, I'm going to jump bail."

"What did you say," asks Roman, "Say it a little louder so the tape recorders can pick it up."

Rob raises his voice, "I said, you're a fine figure of a man."

"I guess that beating he took blinded him," says Abe. Roman tells Abe to shut up and invites Rob to dinner.

John flashes back to Stefano telling him to remember the name and find that person, who is in Europe.

Chelsea says, "We have to tell them what happened." Patch and Kayla step in and assure Stephanie they will help her any way they can.

"Even if it means having sex in private," asks Stephanie.

The brat says they just meant to scare Ford.

Speaking of scary, the crazed Marlena talks to the dazed Stefano. She says she gave him muscle relaxants. She asks if he can speak. He can, but not loudly, which means he can't yell for the guard. Marlena proceeds to tell him what she will do. She says she mixed up a cocktail she will inject into him. Stefano tries to call for the guards. Marlena tells him he will be paralyzed. He'll be aware of what is going on, but outwardly will be a vegetable. This condition will be permanent, "You will be committed to an asylum and will stay there for all the Days Of Our Lives."

"You can't do this," he mumbles.

"I can do it," says Marlena, "I am doing it. It's not about revenge, but if I have any hope of recovering John, I must make sure you are completely incapacitated. And the mixture is untraceable."

Stefano slurs, "You're insane."

Marlena says, "No. This is the most sane thing I have ever done."

Stefano says he won't let her do this. She says he is in no condition to stop her.

"You are a doctor," says Stefano, "Don't forget the Hippocratic Oath."

"Never heard of it," says Marlena. She says she doesn't want to do it, but has to. This gives her no joy. If it did, she would be no better than he is. She had to find a way to make her family safe and bring her husband back.

Rob says he didn't know where they were taking Claire. Crystal did. He just knows it was out of the country. Bo and Hope watch as Rob insists they will never find Crystal and Claire.

Chelsea tells the tale of the night at the so-horror-ity. Crawford stares. Stephanie weeps. Crawford is stunned, "Why didn't you call 911?"

"No one could remember the phone number," says the brat.

Stephanie tells Chelsea she shouldn't have said anything. Chelsea assures Crawford they tried CPR, but Ford was already dead. Crawford accuses Chelsea of pushing Ford down the stairs. Patch has to step in and restrain him.

Rob says he never worked for Stefano, and he knows Crystal is afraid of him. Bo and Hope watch through the mirror and wonder if he is lying.

Stefano insists what Marlena is doing can be detected. Marlena says someone would have to look for the drug, but probably would never do that. Stefano tells her if she neutralizes him they will never get John back, "I can prove it."

Marlena is exasperated, "OK, one last reprieve. What was John's mission?"

Crawford wants justice. He says if it really were an accident they would have called 911 or the police. He asks what they did with the body.

John has another flashback. He sits in the laboooooratory going through papers, "Obbin, where are you? Talk to me, Obbin..." He puts down one paper and picks up another, "Got you! There you are!"

John snaps up in bed.

Marlena asks about the mission. Stefano says he will give her John back. He tells her about downloading John's brain, "I used a CD, but all I really needed was a floppy. I downloaded it, and I can upload it, too."

Marlena thinks he is lying, "I'm going to inject you on the count of three. One... Two..."

JAM!

"Three..." She huffs and chuckles, "Sorry, I just couldn't wait." She presses the plunger, "This is for Shawn and Caroline and Roman and my twins. It's for Bo and Hope and me. And the last drop is for John."

Stefano zones, "I curse you, Marlena Evans. I curse the entire Brady family."

"And with that you can rest," says Marlena, "But it won't be in peace."

"I thought Samantha and Elvis' marriage would bring peace," says Stefano, "I grew up never knowing peace. I saw my father die for the love of a Brady. It filled me with anger... hatred. But I thought at least if I could help fulfill the love of his life for him, he would find peace."

Marlena asks why he went after John. Stefano says she is a fool. She has no idea what she doesn't know. But he knows and will never tell. He will never rest until he fulfills his destiny, "You'll never know what the mission is until it's over." HA – gasp – HA – gasp – HA. His eyes roll and he goes catatonic. Mad Dog Evans smiles.

Rob says there were times Crystal used another name – Desiree Wilson. Bo and Hope gasp, snort and stare.

Chelsea tells them about moving the body. Decker wants to know who helped. He knows someone walked out of the place wearing Ford's clothes and wants to know who it was. He speculates it might be Nick. Chelsea says it wasn't Nick and claims she doesn't know who it was. She also doesn't know where they buried him. Crawford wants to know. Patch restrains Crawford and tells Chelsea that's enough.

Crawford says anyone who gets in his way will pay. He storms out. Patch hugs Stephanie. Kayla sighs.

Marlena tells Stefano she knows he can hear her, "You are evil through and through. You will never hurt anybody again. Your evil will fester inside you. I can't imagine how that will feel, being tortured every day of your life, having to watch DOOL without being able to fast forward or change the channel. You will want to die but your doctors won't let you. You will try to cry out, but nothing will come out of your mouth. You will spend the rest of your life trapped inside that flesh-covered jail." She cackles and says when she gets John back they will pay him a visit, "You won't be able to do anything." She packs up and calls for the guard, "I'm afraid Mr. DiMera has suffered a stroke."

Kayla says they will have to call a lawyer. Patch says he has already made some calls. Kayla also announces she has called someone. On cue, Max walks in and says Chelsea doesn't have to protect him. He admits taking the body.

Bo, Hope, Phillip and Chloe violate the hospital's two-person visiting rule in Belle's room. Bo and Hope tell the gathered throng about Crystal using the name Desiree Wilson. "OMG," says Shawn, "She has Claire." It took both brain cells to figure that one out.

Patch tells Maxwell he's in pretty deep. Max proves that's the only deep thing about himself when he refuses to reveal where he buried Ford's body.

Kayla says, "Maybe we should leave and let the dust settle and give ourselves a chance to clear our heads."

"I think most of the heads in the room are pretty clear of anything already," says Nick. He and Chelsea leave. Kayla hugs Stephanie. Patch lends a touch.

Hope says they're headed for Ireland. The fearsome foursome wants to tag along but Bo and Hope veto it. Hope says, "I guarantee you we will not come home without Claire, unless she puts up a real fight." Bo and Hope leave.

Phillip goes into action, "I will have the jet fueled and ready to go in an hour."

Marlena tells John Stefano will never bother him again, "I took care of him. He's still conscious, but we're the only ones who know that. He's a vegetable."

"Good," says John, "I remembered something. I was given a word... Obbin. If I tell you what it means will you trust me? I researched Obbin. It's the name of name of a priest from Ireland years ago."

"Thank goodness," says Marlena, "I tried it backwards and Nibbo didn't make any sense at all. You will never be free until you complete your mission, but I can't let you do that. I'm not stupid."

"You're lying to me again," says John.

Marlena says, "Your mission is to kill someone. I can't let you do that." John says he needs to go to Ireland to fulfill his quest and asks her help.

"This may be the dumbest thing I have ever done," says Marlena.

"Hardly," says John, "But I'll take that to mean I can count on your help."

The guards discover Stefano. They decide he's a vegetable – as good as dead. Stefano rages inside his paralyzed body, "You jackass! Look at me! I am conscious! I am fully aware! Look at my eyes! LOOK!"


Previews
========

You can watch the previews later today on our PREVUZE II website.

22 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"You are a doctor," says Stefano, "Don't forget the Hippocratic Oath."

The only oath Marlena signed off on is the hypocritical oath. With all the uploading and downloading, apparently, John’s head is really a computer. When he’s drooling over Nurse Judy, someone ought to just stick that disc in his mouth to reprogram his brain.

Now that we know that Colleen is going to be deader than a door nail in no time, I have a question. With all his operatives around the globe, why didn’t Stefano know that Colleen was dying? He knew she was in South America. He muscled a South American dictator into helping him. It shouldn’t have taken too much digging to know that she was in poor health. Instead, we get this really bogus storyline about John being raised from the dead for the sole purpose of neutralizing Colleen, and, here comes the shock and awe part, making John Colleen’s son. What nonsense.

Good for you Prevuze. At least, you bring some closure to the Santeen storyline by showing Sami in jail in 2038! Loved Prevuze and loved all the pictures.

6:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Nibbo". HAHAHAHHAHA

At least the episode sounds more interesting today than the usual EJami arguing and the I Felta group arguing.

If Marlena lets John go free, as we know she will, she has to be the dumbest woman on earth.

Great Prevuze, loved Lucas' calendar and I'll be chuckling over "I used a CD but all I really needed was a floppy" all day. Happy Friday!

7:16 AM  
Blogger cfish said...

Okay, here's the repost of the question I asked late yesterday -- If Salem only has one jail cell, where the heck is Rolf? Wasn't he arrested the same time Stefano was?

7:24 AM  
Blogger Deb said...

Well Leslie there's a reason this all seems even more dis-jointed than usual.
DOOL goes writer-less beginning with the Friday, January 25, 2008 episode. No staff writers are listed in the credits. The final scripts aired last week. The Thursday, January 24, 2008 episode was the final episode to use storyline-breakdowns written by the real writing staff. Replacement writers are now ghost writing the show anonymously.

Due to an arrangement between studios and the union known as "financial core" writers who claim financial hardship may return to work.
Some writers of other soaps have already gone back to work, but for the moment, all the DOOL writers are honoring the strike and not crossing the picket lines.

In other words, now the fun starts.

Rob says there were times Crystal used another name – Desiree Wilson. Bo and Hope gasp, snort and stare.
Did I miss something? We're supposed to know the name Desiree Wilson? And then Hope just pops up and says "We're going to Ireland!" When did Ireland come up? Did they just pick a place out of the air (in Shawn's head)?

And I am actually surprised Marlena didn't think of putting Stefano into a drug induced coma years ago. After all he had her in one for, something like 5 years back in the 80's. Payback's a bitch.

Don't forget my blog!
These Are The Daze Of Our Lives

7:35 AM  
Blogger Deb said...

cfish, I don't think Rolf was arrested.
In fact he just sort of disappeared.

7:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with you Deb...are we supposed to know Desiree Wilson and know that she's in Ireland?

8:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was wondering that too. According to the preview at The Salem Spectator, once Rob spills the beans about Crystal's alias, Bo and Hope check the airlines and find out that "Desiree Wilson" left on a flight to Ireland that morning with a little girl.

8:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is Marlena who should be confined permanently to an insane asylum! That is what they tried to do to her twin sister and now it is Marlena's turn!

I can't blame the DiMera's for despising the Brady's and all the other so-called "good" people of Salem for their blatant hypocrisy and double standards.

Prezuve hit the nail on the head when they said that the only oath Marlena recognizes is the HIPPOCRITES OATH!

As to Marlena saying that she was superior to Stefano because she didn't take any "joy" in what she was doing, then the only advice I can give her is to give up lying to a master liar!

It is clear that Marlena is reveling in what she is doing to Stefano and that makes her worse than he is. She supposedly knows better!!!!

8:31 AM  
Blogger Prevuze said...

The Thursday, January 24, 2008 episode was the final episode to use storyline-breakdowns written by the real writing staff.

I guess now the show is bound to get better.

Did I miss something? We're supposed to know the name Desiree Wilson? And then Hope just pops up and says "We're going to Ireland!" When did Ireland come up? Did they just pick a place out of the air (in Shawn's head)?

I agree with you Deb...are we supposed to know Desiree Wilson and know that she's in Ireland?

I may have slightly over-reported Bo and Hope's reaction to the name Desiree Wilson. I'm sure that would be the first time I ever [choke] over-reported anything.

I also wondered where the idea of going to Ireland came from. I might have missed something that was said to connect the dots and come up with the need to go there.

I hope you will understand it's all I can do to fully report everything with all the heart-stopping action going on. My fingers simply tremble on the keyboard as the electrifying plot unfolds in front of me. I sit amazed on the edge of my seat and wonder how they can keep bringing us this spectacular level of entertainment day after day, episode after episode. Mesmerized by the depth of the characters and the complexity of the plot, I'm certain fully reporting on all of the breathtaking action would only be...

INSERT MAN OF LA MANCHA IMPOSSIBLE DREAM MUSIC AND LYRICS

8:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Prevuze - thank you for all you do....and even if we are a little confused after reading your post, at least I feel like I will have a "purpose" while watching the show and might pay a little better attention in order to find the answers to our questions - like who is Desiree Wilson....

9:37 AM  
Blogger Prevuze said...

...and even if we are a little confused after reading your post

Now there's a ringing endorsement if we ever got one.

10:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bo, Hope, Phillip and Chloe violate the hospital's two-person visiting rule in Belle's room.
This is so simple, yet I'll be lol'ing for a while.

lmao at Hope's cheesy smile in the gossip picture, makes it all the better.

How much longer can I tolerate the Brady's? Who knows. Only a Brady can make a speech about moral indignation while willingly participating in torture, police brutality or poisoning someone.

??? Stefano kidnaps John and brainwashes him to kill an elderly woman on her deathbed ???

And really, you'd think a nurse in that hospital would know better than to flirt with a restrained amnesiac patient.

Let's go to Switzerland everyone!
OMGRANDOM!!!

10:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ANON:
Marlena can’t be in jail for anything right now. With Salem’s sole cell already occupied; there is no room for her. She’ll have to break the law next week and try again.

Sami’s concern over EJ’s attachment to Alley goes along with what I was saying before: Alley is really EJ’s but he vice-versa’d the twins to keep her safe from Stephano.

Do ANY DOOL watchers/readers really think Coleen is going to die? This is Salem people! Its part of the plan. And John finding out he was Forrest Alamian – I think it was noted that he was ADOPTED into the Alamain family. Probably Coleen gave him up to protect him but since Stephano has been torturing John for years; it apparently didn’t work.

One more things…Marlena and Hope aren’t even Brady’s by blood or Marlena by marriage anymore – so whats with Stephano’s continued fascination with them?

10:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If it was Coleen who wanted to leave the convent and thru herself off a cliff….why is it the DiMera’s with the Vendetta? Shouldn’t it be the Brady’s??

And as far as going to Ireland? This is DOOL: when all else fails - go to Ireland! (its in the handbook).

10:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great scenes with Stefano and Marlena. I love those two together! I wonder if Stefano is still going to be obsessed with her after he gets out of his coma?
The more horrible things he does to her the more it seems he wants her and wants her to 'love' him. He is the crazy one! It sure does make for some entertaining and great story material.

Why are people being so hard on Marlena? This is a soap not real life, of course characters are going to do insane morally wrong things and get away with it. I am surprised Marlena has not really shot and killed Stefano before now. He has done so many horrible things to her, her family, and so many others and has gotten away with it all. He has kidnapped half of Salem, kept several of them as prisoners for years on end, lied and manipulated so many others, tried to kill several people, controlled people with chips and mind control, and so many other things throughout the years.

11:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wasn’t Desiree Wilson in the singing group Wilson Phillips? How did they get Claire out of the country without a passport?

Actually, I’ve always thought that a Marlena/Stefano pairing would be interesting. It could be very much like James Carville and Mary Matalin…professional adversaries who achieve domestic tranquility. That would mean that the DOOL scribes would have to develop (gasp) multi-dimensional characters.

11:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I sure am glad to read I'm not the only one who didn't know who Desiree Wilson was!

I just have to comment after seeing today's that Marlena must have gone to some smirk lessons. She had that annoying smirk usually reserved only for Pard. Altho I agree it's about time someone did something to ol' Stef, I wanted to smack it off of her face.

11:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anon: People are being hard on Marlena because she is one of the 'good guys' who does morally bankrupt things while chastising the 'bad guys' for being evil. I remember specifically being agitated when Roman watched as Bo roughed up EJ while on the job.
"Yeah police officer!! Go brutalize... that... person..."

Ford is a another victim of police brutality.

I don't care that she poisoned Stefano, he deserves some suffering. I'm annoyed that she postured herself as morally righteous while doing. At least Lucas eventually expressed he enjoyed putting a bullet in EJ.

It's all bad characterization really.

11:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anon.

It's not that Marlena has done something vile to Stefano, it's that she'll look down her nose at him while doing something equally as vile.

She's lost the moral high ground that she's so used to preaching from.

4:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think the twins are Lucas'. I don't think either of them are EJ's. He just got somebody to alter that DNA report also because he wanted Sami so badly.

5:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with Rachl. Twins are both Lucas'!!

I am glad that Marlena is finally being 'naughty' to Stephano.
I also like the pairing of Marlena and Stephano in all the storylines! Regardless of whether it be hate or love!

6:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So Stephano kills John and then brings him back from the dead to kill a dying Colleen.... Claire gets kidnapped and taken to Europe. So everybody heads to Ireland?

Please somebody get the old writers back. This new bunch of fools seem to be making this up as they go.

Better yet have them come here and get a clue from Prevuze.

Love Prevuze keep up the great recaps. lckbvrcq

5:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Blogarama     Globe Of Blogs