Tuesday, January 22, 2008

For Better, For Worse, For Crazy, For Impossible

Billie joins Nick working at a table at the pub. Nick tries to blow her off but she presses. She wants to know what happened at the Theta house. Nick clams up.

Max shows up at Patch and Kayla's place with a breakfast burrito, "A recipe passed down by Caroline Brady herself."

Stephanie snatches the sack. "And he cooks, too," she exclaims, "And how thoughtful... you included a bottle of Beano! " Stephanie wonders why her parents aren't up yet. Max works his eyebrows, "Maybe they had a late night."

Suddenly, Stephanie loses her appetite, "Eeeuuuwwww." As they walk over to the couch, Stephanie says she thinks it's good to be able to laugh again.

"You're right," says Max, "The thought of your parents having sex is hilarious." Stephanie's phone buzzes and flashes as they dig into the burritos. Stephanie thinks of Ford as she eats. Suddenly, she gasps, "The meat in these burritos... You haven't seen Sweeny Todd, have you?"

The brat leaves a message when Stephanie doesn't answer. She tells her she is arriving at the IFT house, "Call me when you get this." She goes into the house, finds the girls and tells them about Crawford and the contact lens they found.

Bo meets Hope who is at the hospital to check on John and Marlena. He philosophizes, "I know when you get married the vows say, for better or for worse, but how about for crazy, for impossible?" Hope assures him they will get through this, "I'm just really worried about Claire."

Bo says, "We'll find Claire. But we may never know where Ciara got off to."

Hope says, "We'll find Claire together. Which is why I think it's time I got back in the game. That and the fact that you can pick up a lot more juicy gossip when you're working with the police."

John lies in his drug-induced stupor. He asks Marlena what she is doing there. She says she doesn't give up easily, "I'm stubborn enough to think I can break through the wall around your brain."

"If you do, you'll find an empty courtyard," says John. He just wants out. Dr. Carrington walks in with drugs. Marlena doesn't want more pharmacological treatment. Dr. Carrington reminds her he's in charge. He injects truth serum into John's IV as John rages.

Dr. Carrington asks simple questions, "What is your name?"

"My name is John," says the pawn, "Or so they tell me. It doesn't feel right." Marlena asks about the name he was born with. John doesn't know anything about that. He says he has to go on a mission.

Marlena questions about the mission and gets nothing, "Was this a mission that Stefano gave..."

John shudders when she mentions Stefano and repeats, "Stefano!" Marlena calms him down. John curls his lip.

Stephanie and Max share the burrito. He tells her to take all the time she needs to get better. She doesn't expect him to put his life on hold for her. "What life," asks Max. He says he thinks she needs some rest.

Carmen lectures Chelsea for leaving evidence behind. "I joined a sorority not the Mafia," says Ashley.

Chelsea makes a case for revising their story. Carmen says, "The creep is dead. What other story is there to tell?"

Chelsea says, "The truth. I'm thinking that's what we should do."

Morgan freaks, "We hid the body! You can't go back in time and change what happened, unless you're a DOOL writer."

Hope wants back into Stefano's game. She has decided she's going back to the force full time, "I love being a mother, especially when you never have to take care of the kid, but I think I can help out on the force."

Nick claims innocence. Billie says, "Nick, I know you well enough to know when you are hiding something. Plus, Chelsea is in the middle and she already has a criminal record."

"I'm her boyfriend not her conscience," says Nick. Billie says by keeping quiet, he's not protecting her. He's sentencing her, "Tell me what happened to Ford."

Of course, Dean Lochlan and Crawford Decker just happen to stroll in as she says that. "That seems to be the question on everyone's mind," booms Crawford, "Where is my boy? Where is Ford?" Dean Lochlan tells Crawford to cool it, but Crawford keeps it up. The dean announces detective Sullivan will stop by the Theta house today. He hopes the girls come clean.

Billie tries to mitigate things with Crawford, "I'm sorry for your pain."

Crawford won't have it, "Your daughter ran over a kid. It was her brother from what I hear. A great parent you are." Dean Lochlan says if he finds out there was a cover up, both Nick and Billie are out of a job. Crawford and the dean leave.

Whatever hell Ford is in," says Billie, "he's going to drag us down with him. So tell me what's going on."

Max offers to run errands for Stephanie. Stephanie worries that she's losing interest in boys, "Boys have been interested in me all my life. In the fifth grade, I smashed Chuck Reynolds is the face with a dodgeball for looking at me. I guess that was my way of telling him I liked him."

Max gives his retarded smile, "If it will make you feel better you can hit me in the face with a dodgeball."

"I wouldn't want to damage the dodgeball," says Stephanie. He offers to take her back to the IFT house. She refuses.

Chelsea makes her case, "His family has a right to bury him, and they might need a new water heater, too." They remind her this was her idea in the first place.

Bo thinks Hope becoming a cop again is risky. They bicker about whether or not she should go back to work full-time. Bo says no. Hope says yes. You know how that one comes out.

Outside John's room, Marlena tells Dr. Carrington John's memory has been wiped clean. She wants traditional therapy and recommends taking him off meds. If he won't be violent, Carrington will consider that, "I have another idea... but I don't think you will like it."

Max asks why Stephanie doesn't want to go to the sorority. Stephanie whimpers, "It's just... Chelsea arranged for an emergency meeting to vote on whether to keep Ford's death a secret." Max thinks they should hi-tail it over there. He tells Stephanie she's a victim. Her vote should count, "I know you. We used to share a racetrack." He offers to call Frankie and says he might be able to get her off the hook. She worries Max might not get off. "I don't care about me," says Max, "All I care about is you. In an avuncular kind of way, of course."

Nick says he doesn't know any more than what Chelsea already told both of them. Billie wonders if he really wants to stick to that story, "Clue me in or we will all get nailed to the wall." He can't.

Chelsea makes a passionate plea. She says she doesn't know what it's like to lose a child, but she knows what it was like for Hope and her dad to lose Zack. Morgan thinks Ford deserved what he got.

Dr. Carrington thinks it would be inappropriate for Marlena to treat her own husband. He wants to move him to the psychiatric ward. Marlena don' wanna. They argue. He says he still wants Marlena to consult, "But others will have to take over."

Dr. Carrington leaves. Marlena seethes, "Like hell they will."

Max says this isn't about him. Stephanie says she can't allow him to sacrifice himself. Max decides he will go along with whatever the girls vote. Stephanie worries about the public humiliation of a trial. She falls into his arms crying.

Chelsea knows where Morgan is coming form but thinks it's not that simple. She knows the cops are suspicious and know this is the last place Ford was at before he disappeared. She thinks it's only a matter of time until the truth comes out.

"I am scared," says Carmen, "You are beginning to make sense."

"Whenever I start making sense, the whole town should be scared," says Chelsea, "I think it's time to vote."

Bo thinks Crystal probably wants what is best for Claire, since she took the trouble to arrange for her meds. Hope wonders who her new police partner will be. Bo gets that screwed up look on his face and says he hadn't considered that. She accuses him of being jealous. Bo says he is in a way, "But not in a romantic way. I like seeing your brain work. Any functioning brain fascinates me, since I see so few of them. You're cute when my little detective is at work."

"Don't patronize me," growls Hope, "I'll still be around to brainstorm with. Of course, if I'm with you, I'll have to do it alone."

Bo whines, "But your head will be in synch with someone else's. Although I agree you should get back to work. It will be a big change." Hope vows to do it. "I got your back," says Bo. Smooches.

As Bo and Hope lose themselves in a disgusting public display of affection, Billie walks up behind them, "AHEM!" She tells Bo she tried to call, but his phone is turned off, "Its' Chelsea. I think she's in really big trouble."

Max consoles Stephanie. He says she doesn't have to go to the police. He wants to take her back to the sorority.

Morgan is indignant, "VOTE? This isn't a reality show!"

"You're right," says Chelsea, "There's nothing real about this show." She goes to get a deck of cards, "Take a card and put it on the table. If you put it face up, it means we are holding our heads up high and telling the truth. Face down is silence."

Marlena talks to John, "Are you in there?"

"The lights are on but nobody's home," says John.

Hope joins them. Marlena tells her about the psych ward and Dr. Carrington taking her off the case. She doesn't know what she will do, "I am going to get to John and I don't care what anybody else says or does." Hope tells her to be careful. She will help if Marlena needs it. Marlena says she will do this herself.

Hope leaves. Marlena stops the IV and tells John to wake up, "I have to talk to you."

Billie fills Bo in. She says they are investigating her for orchestrating the cover-up. Bo says he noticed on Christmas Chelsea was acting strange. So at least on Christmas, she was behaving normally.

The girls vote. Chelsea – face up. Morgan – face up... no, face down... no face up... no face down... JEEZ! MAKE UP YOUR MIND! Finally – face up. Cordy – face up.

Outside, Stephanie thanks Max for bringing her to the sorority house. He gives her a good luck ring, "It kept me alive when we were racing. That and staying off tracks you were on."

Stephanie walks into the sorority house. Chelsea tells her what's going on. Right now there are three cards up and one down. Stephanie says if they tell the truth Ford becomes the victim. They argue. She doesn't want her and Cordy to be the campus sluts, "I want that honor all for myself." She tells Morgan about the rape. Morgan hugs. Stephanie says, "If you tell the cops, you ruin Cordy's life and mine." That does it. There is a rush to the table where all the cards except Chelsea's go down. Everyone stares at Chelsea.

Morgan declares a consensus. Chelsea thinks this is a bad idea. She tells Stephanie she is making a mistake. The doorbell interrupts the verbal donnybrook. Carmen answers. Detective Sullivan asks, "Can we come in?"

Sullivan's goons follow him inside. He wants to interview each of them separately, and starts with Carmen.

Billie says she knows Bo has a lot on his plate. "My plate is never too full for family," says Bo.

Marlena tries to wake John. John zones and huffs. She asks about the mission. John drifts. Marlena vows, "I will snap you out of this and nobody will stand in my way."


Previews
========

You can watch the previews later today on our PREVUZE II website.

28 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, according to Dustin's site; Abe welcomes Hope back to the Salem PD which for me is a lol moment. While I have been watching DOOL Hope has never worked as a cop or at all, really. I've seen Shawn do more police work.

"I joined a sorority not the Mafia," Aren't they the same anyway??

"Your daughter ran over a kid. It was her brother from what I hear. A great parent you are." I hope this doesn't bother her as his kid is a rapist.

Steph's logic is truly impeccable, she'll go down as a campus whore for being raped? Nobody is calling her mother the town whore.

Bah, the show is starting to make little sense again. Stephanie can hit me in the face with a dodge ball.

4:15 AM  
Blogger Deb said...

"My name is John," says the pawn, "Or so they tell me. It doesn't feel right." Marlena asks about the name he was born with. John doesn't know anything about that. He says he has to go on a mission.

This little bit of info got me thinking, I wonder if the mysterious C.B. Dimera who owns the empty building is actually John.

He says he doesn't know what his real name is. We are pretty sure Santo didn't marry Colleen. And unless Crystal is a Dimera, (which she may or may not be, personally I think she's John's daughter.) That doesn't leave a whole lot of options.

And now to the good stuff:
Rumor has it DOOL is going to try to re-cast Shelle with Jason Cook and Kirsten Storms back in their orginal roles. TPTB are saying the current Shelle doesn't have enough chemistry to pull of the new storyline they are going to be put into. If Cook and Storms can't be gotten, other actors will be hired. Either way it's curtains for the current Shelle.

Two more tidbits: Sami's twins will end up having the same father, no word yet on if that will be Lucas or EJ.
And it will be revealed John's mission is to assassinate Colleen.
He won't of course.

And of course don't forget to check out my blog:
These Are The Daze Of Our Lives

6:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

John lies in his drug-induced stupor.

This episode puts the entire viewing audience in a DOOL-induced stupor. Prevuze, you must have needed puppy uppers to get through this silliness.

Even without much to work with, Prevuze was great!

6:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

For a while there - we were watching the storylines 'fly by'. It seems as though we have ran upon a VERY, VERY, SLOW FRIGHT TRAIN!
The sorority girls - and voting, Max and Stfanie having the same conversation, Marlena having the same conversation with Hope, John zoning!.... These could have easily been shown last week as well!
Nothing changed except for Hope realizing she wants to go back on the force... Which I find this totally stupid. I only have one question - Where's Ciara?????
These kids on DOOL are passed around more than a bottle of Heinz Ketchup in a diner, at dinner time!!! LOL!
This episode CAN be missed and no one would know.

One last thing - I think it's 'bittersweet' that the Shelle duo was let go. I think Matha did the best with what she had! I just think that working with Brandon never clicked. I've ALWAYS felt bad for Brandon, I'm sure he is a good actor - but the garbage the writers gave him - stunk... They have portrayed him as such a wimp and whiner!!!! Hopefully, whoever they do get in there can turn his 'persona' back into a man (instead of acting like a spoiled teeenager!). What the writers need to do is accept the fact that with the birth of Claire, Shawn (and Belle) SHOULD HAVE matured more!

Oh well, maybe that's why I'm NOT one of the writers...huh?

I just hope they don't start taking us on a lot of 'dead-end' storylines, (like they did with Steve in the mental hospital & then being de-programmed, etc...).

Thanks for the heads-up on a boring episode - Prevuze!
You guys do such a GREAT job! And you are soooo didcated... I don't think I would have the dedication to watch this garbage day after day and keep a good attitude!!!!! LOL!!!!
Thanks again!

7:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I personally think that Ciara is one of the DOOL writers that is on strike, so therefore can't write herself into the storyline!

7:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ok the cira cmment was just lame anonymous

7:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wonder if just to end this 40 year storyline when they plug John's brain into the CD player and he gets his memory back if he'll get ALL of it back including what he didn't remember before. That might spark some new interest there.

I agree with whoever commented the other day they wrote themselves into a corner with the Ford storyline and don't know how to get out of it. The suggestion that Ford woke up when Max was "burying" him and they're all into it to freak the girls into confessing was interesting but that would almost make Max an even bigger creep than Ford so I suppose they couldn't possibly have a BRADY do that. But how else are they going to let them off?

I LOL over "I love being a mother, especially when you never have to take care of the kid." HAHAHA That could be Salem's anthem!

Great Prevuisms and pictures today!

7:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hadn't realized I had someting in common with Sami -- baking skills. lol!

Prevuze makes even the most blah/boring epidsode fun!

8:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Two more tidbits: Sami's twins will end up having the same father, no word yet on if that will be Lucas or EJ.

Oh, great, who’s your daddy part deux. Will the outcome of Super Bowl again determine the paternity of the twins? Who gets New England? EJ or Lucas? Does it matter? Eli might be primed for an upset. Only Prevuze knows for sure.

8:14 AM  
Blogger cfish said...

Leslie --
Actually, I think this is "Who's Your Daddy?" part IV -- first they were both EJ's (Nick's fake/not done paternity test); then they were both Lucas' (Nick's "real" paternity test); then one was Lucas', and one was EJ's (the latest "test" that was done). Actually, since they've covered all possible bases, I'm rooting for them being somebody else's entirely -- from a little "tryst" Sami had but doesn't remember. I mean, she was pregnant for so long, maybe they're Austin's ...

9:46 AM  
Blogger Applecheeks said...

Gosh, this episode was so boring I had to wake myself up to even finish Prevuze!

My one big laugh was the prevuism about Hope loving being a mother.

DOOL writers have had problems writing dialog and SL for adults for years! Sami, with a teen-aged son, was still reacting to things like a 13-year-old on a permanent temper tantrum.

The big problem seems to be the writers' inability to create three-dimensional characters who can address more than one thing at a time. Sami becomes totally obsessed with Austin. Kate is totally obsessed with messing in her kids' lives. The SPD can only work one case at a time (and badly at that).

However, I'm using standards against which DOOL will never measure up as long as the current PTB are in charge.

Great Prevuze, though! Thanks.

9:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lucas is the father of both twins. Count on it.

10:38 AM  
Blogger Deb said...

O-M-G Cfish!!!

The twins are Austin's???
That would just be too good to be true!!!

10:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mississippi Gambler said...

Lucas is the father of both twins. Count on it.


What are the Vegas odds?

11:26 AM  
Blogger cfish said...

"Leslie said...
Mississippi Gambler said...

Lucas is the father of both twins. Count on it.

What are the Vegas odds?"

Leslie -- I'd say the Vegas odds are pretty good, seeing as how Sami will probably have fallen in love with EJ by then, and when she finds out they have no "connection" through little Johnny, we'll have to suffer through the "Oh, Lucas, I'm so sorry, please take me back" storyline YET AGAIN!!!!!

11:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

There is still the possibility of two fathers but IF there is only one father it is Lucas. I dont know about Vegas odds, but the Mississippi riverboat odds are 100%.

12:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Will the outcome of Super Bowl again determine the paternity of the twins? Who gets New England?

My vote is Pats = EJ. Lucas only if Sami finds out and covers it up so she has an excuse to stay with EJ - the two of them have better chemistry and Lucas needs to grow some bollocks. Sami's written as annoying and whiny as Shelle and I'd like to see her go back to her "I'll do anything to get what I want" scheming, interesting persona.

BB/MM are no big loss. Well, BB was cast well as Kristian Alfonso's son given that she's so skinny he was possibly the only actor they could get to mirror that gaunt, "tie 'em down and force feed a cheeseburger" look. She was so much more NORMAL 10 years ago (at least her neck wasn't so scary). Gossiping must be the next big weight loss craze...

Can we star some kind of a fund to end the writers' strike??????

1:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That’s too bad about them recasting Shelle. They should just recast “Sh” and leave the “elle” alone. Or TPTB should just pretend us viewers don’t have any memories and recast the current Philip as the new Shawn. It’s not like TPTB don’t pretend we don’t have memory anyhow – they must think the viewers suffer from amnesia as much as the characters! And its not like they haven’t cast the same actor in multiple roles (i.e., bonnie/adrianne – chris/roman) – or they should just scrap whatever storyline they got cooked up for Shelle or throw it over to Phelle. It would be a shame for Martha Madison to lose her job just because Brandon Beemer is a horrible Shawn. They should at least see if she works well with Jason Cooke. I just think the current Belle & Philip have way too much on screen chemistry for the writers to ignore it.

1:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think Chrystal is probably Lexi's twin sister.

1:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think Johnny and Ali are both EJ’s. EJ doctored the DNA test to protect them from Stephano. So that he could at least not worry about Stephano getting Ali cuz Ali would belong to lucas. Or better yet – Johnny is Lucas’ and Ali is EJ’s. EJ knew Stephano wanted a boy and so by fixing the DNA test to show that Johnny was EJ’s; Stephano would go after Lucas’ kid and Ali (EJ’s real kid) would be left alone. I think that one makes more sense. EJ pretending the wrong kid is his so as to protect them.

And one more thing - DOOL should be letting LUCAS go...not Belle.

1:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can see it now...Belle gets kidnapped and comes back as Kirsten Storms. Thats just so wrong...its not her fault the current Shawn stinks.

1:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe both twins are Lucas'...they both seem short for their age.

2:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If they're trying to age Shawn and Belle then why go with Cook & Storms? They both look 12!

2:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Crystal is Lexie's sister, possibly John and Celeste's Daughter.

Soon Ali is going to become ill. my guess is she'll need some kind of blood transfusion and her and her brother will have exactly the same kind of blood and then we'll find out who is the Daddy of both.

~Lisa

2:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi, long time reader, occasional poster, first of all the pics and prevuisms were great today, they never disappoint. just wanted to say a few things


i think bonnie was adrienne a long time ago way before bonnie. while i think it would be retarded to have belle be kidnapped and come back as another actress, but hey if it is the original belle i guess thats better than a random face. besides i think kirsten storms really personlized and made the character. martha madison did a good job with what she was given but its always hard to take on someone elses role, especially when the audience has become attached to them. ever since brandon and martha took on their respective roles it seems like they had to change the whole story. martha and jason didnt have the same chemistry as as kirsten and jason. i didnt think martha and brandon had any chemistry on screen and wanted them apart, and i have always been a shelle fan. anyway great prevuze as always! i dont post much but i read this site religiously, its like an obsession. i check the comments so often i am beginning to think i may have stalkerish tendencies..or maybe its because dool has warped my brain so much.

2:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Marlena talks to John, "Are you in there?"

"The lights are on but nobody's home," says John.

John's comment sure makes sense - I can't believe Marlena actually says something that stupid. Surely the strikebreakers can do better than this :(

Show looks like a huge snoozer but TY for the Prevuze!

3:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for another great Prevuze!:)

It's too bad about Martha. I have never liked Belle as a character but thought Martha did the role the best. Is that a compliment or an insult, I am not sure!lol

I agree cfish, they'll have Sami and EJ together and then the twins will be Lucas' he'll get out of jail and here we go again. :(

Anon- I too wish Lucas was the one leaving.

4:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

MM is one of the most natural actors in the cast. Pity... especially since all the Shelle relationship needs is a well-written love story. "We're sole mates and high school sweethearts" can only take you so far.

5:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Blogarama     Globe Of Blogs