Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Button Of Death

Phillip sits at a table in a restaurant. Belle comes in and sees him. She asks if he wants to join her for lunch. "I can't," says Phillip, "I'll be out of here soon." He's been depending on her to help find Tyler but that's about to change. He knows Battleaxe Bertha from CPS has lunch there and when she comes in, he's leaving to break into her office.

John the cop tells recognizes OMB, but tells him he can't go inside the room. He thinks OMB is confused – not a bad assumption. He tells him this isn't Roman's room. He says it's Andre's room and Stefano is in there now. "That's even better," says OMB.

Lucas has called the big guns together at the pub to help save his marriage. He tells them about Stefano somehow getting the annulment papers. Sami has given him 24 hours to keep begging, though.

Sami stands outside and looks at the papers. She remembers Lucas begging her not to sign them, and then slowly walks inside as EJ watches.

Belle thinks Phillip must be kidding. He tells her about Tocket and the poison. Phillip knows Tocket is in a foster home and wants to swipe him to get a DNA test, so he has to break in to the CPS office to find out where he is. Belle worries he could get caught. Phillip says he only needs ten minutes. Belle doesn't think Steve and Kayla intentionally hurt the baby. Phillip thinks CPS placed Tocket in their home without checking things out. Belle thinks if he gets caught he could lose the kid forever.

Stefano lectures the unconscious Andre for killing Benjy and wanting to kill Elvis. Stefano says he should be mad, but no, he can't punish him, "Because you are not the one who killed Benjamin. That one is the one who made you who you are. I took advantage of your loyalty and turned you into the twisted person who put Benjamin into an early grave. I did this to you, my boy. But don't worry. I will take care of things. You just get well. When you are ready we'll pick up the pieces, literally, and I'll take you to Italy."

OMB comes in. He says he has business with the two of them. Stefano ain't in the mood. He says Andre's condition is touch and go. He says Andre got out of hand and he was not able to explain everything to OMB when they met before.

"It all goes back to Colleen," says OMB.

Sami joins the pow-wow. John asks about the annulment. Marlena asks her not to do it. Sami tells Lucas he didn't have to call the family to do this. Lucas makes his plea. He's amazed at the sacrifices she is willing to make. But she has to trust the family. Sami says she woke up this morning and for the first time in a long time she felt safe. She believes Lucas is right. The reign of terror is over. Lucas says she had him worried for a minute. Sami whimpers and tells the family she knows they will protect her.

"It's over," says Marlena.

John says, "The phoenix has his talons in the grave."

"Andre will go to jail for all the Days Of Our Lives," says Bo. They all hover and tell Sami she is now free.

EJ comes inside and asks, "Just what do you think Samantha is free from?"

Belle tries to get Phillip to think about this, "Remember your military training and draw up a battle plan."

"Plans are for wimps," says Phillip. He can't wait for the courts because they take too long. Belle takes his hand and says she will help him. Phillip thanks her but says he actually wants to get something done.

Stefano thinks Colleen cast a spell on Santo. OMB thinks Santo seduced her. Stefano thinks she saw Santo and saw the answer to her desires.

"You always think it's a Brady's fault," snorts OMB

Stefano rages, "What about my mother?"

From what he heard, EJ thinks Sami has already made up her mind not to sign the annulment papers, and they are afraid she will reconsider. Bo tells him they don't want him there.

John goes macho, "Drop the games."

"I just want equal time," says EJ.

"This isn't a debate," says Hope.

"Well, it certainly isn't a drama," says EJ.

Mariana tells him to leave. We have a group staredown.

EJ cuts the tension and asks Sami what she thinks. She tells him they agreed to a marriage of convenience when he knew all along she loves Lucas, "I appreciate the fact that you agreed to honor the terms..."

Suddenly Lucas realizes he hasn't heard the sound of his own voice for a few seconds. He jumps in, "She isn't going to sign."

EJ relents, "I guess that's it. Good luck to you and yours." He turns and to leave. Sami, like an idiot, follows him to the door. EJ turns and says in a low voice, "Oh, speaking of yours, I heard young William is back in town. He's a good kid and lucky to have his family looking after him. They are watching him 24-7, right?"

Belle assures Phillip he's not on his own, "I'll be there to help you. I've pretty much got the gist of this nursing thing, so who needs school? And who knows where Claire has gotten off to? " She wonders if Marlena can't help, too. Phillip is impatient. He's not giving up. Belle offers to try to talk to Bertha the Battleaxe from CPS, "I'll do what I do best. I'll plead. I'll beg. I'll hold my breath."

"I'm done begging," says Phillip, "I'm dong things the Kiriakis way. All action, no thought." Belle stops him from leaving and asks for a chance to help. Battleaxe Bertha walks into the restaurant.

OMB says, "Your mother was in Italy."

"She knew," says Stefano, "And how do you think she felt? My father had his share of guilt in the matter, but it takes two to tango!"

OMB says, "She thought your mother was dead. I drove Colleen to her death! We never found her body!"

"Of course, you fool!"

"What do you mean," asks OMB, "We shouldn't have found a body?" Stefano struggles to get his foot out of his mouth.

The pub erupts in applause for Sami as she comes back. Sami tries to get them to cool it.

Lucas gloats, "I told the DiMeras what to do with that vendetta."

Bo says, "Yeah, and the terms to end it."

John shucks, jives, snaps, crackles, pops and does his crazy chicken dance, "The DiMeras are outta moves. This game is OVAH!"

Sami screams, "Listen to me. It's not over at all!"

Belle walks up to Bertha. She protests, "This is my lunch hour."

"That's why I am sooooo grateful for you taking the time to talk to me," says the little diplomat. Belle presses her to see Phillips side of things. Bertha is reluctant, so Belle plays her trump card – Phillip is a decorated war hero. Belle runs through a list of all the body parts Phillip has lost. That takes up the remainder of the lunch hour and the Battleaxe has to get back to work. Belle takes one more shot at it. She asks for a DNA test.

OMB asks, "Why should my sister's body never be found?"

"Uh... just a thought," says Stefano, "Maybe she didn't die? After all, this is DOOL. Besides, that would make it too easy. How could she keep my mother's pain going for years if she were dead? This way she could stay alive in my mother's heart. Just because it was an arranged marriage doesn't mean there was no love." Stefano extols the virtues of his mother. When he was younger he thought his mother was a beautiful woman. Now he sees she was at best a plain woman, "The poor woman looked just like me. She had inner beauty. Father should have known he had a treasure in her, but Colleen prevented that. I hated Colleen for what she did to my parents, so I told you the truth. I knew you would run right to your precious da."

OMB gasps, "You used me to destroy my own sister. Damn you!" He turns and leaves the room.

Stefano sighs, "If you only knew, Shawn. If you only knew."

Sami tells the clan she hasn't made up her mind for sure. She says protecting her kids is her first priority. Emasculating Lucas is a close second. The whole bunch gangs up on her. "Stand your ground," says Hope.

Battleaxe Bertha says the poisoning complicates the DNA test, "I have placed the baby in a home where the foster parents have been carefully screened. The husband hasn't taken anyone hostage for weeks." She promises to arrange a DNA test. Phillip watches.

John the cop has OMB sit down. OMB drones, "He used me to kill my own sister." BAWL! OMB is preoccupied with his breakdown as EJ walks into Andre's room.

Lucas promises to protect Sami. Sami says, "You can't guard Will 24-7 and I know EJ is as dangerous as Andre. I’m doing what I have to do to save my family."

"You're not just marrying a man," says Marlena, "You're giving him two tiny hostages."

Bertha leaves. Belle is giddy. She runs over to Phillip and tells him Bertha will order the DNA test and even let Phillip see Tocket tonight. They whirl around, accidentally fall into each other's arms and suck face until there is no air left in the room.

Stefano reads to Andre. EJ recognizes the passage from the Divine Comedy, "What an appropriate choice."

Stefano is surprised to see EJ there after what Andre did to Benjy, but he tells EJ Andre isn't the only one to make mistakes, "I have made a few myself."

EJ tells Stefano Sami isn't going to sign the annulment. Stefano says EJ's feelings for Sami are making him soft. EJ tells Stefano he made a subtle threat against William, but he thinks Sami picked up on it, "I want you to help me drive the point home."

Stefano gasps, "Hurt an innocent child?"

"He's hardly innocent," says EJ.

Stefano goes into a rage, "Have you lost it completely? Andre may die! Benjy is dead! Alexandra hates me! I don't want to fight any more."

"How will that serve me when I am charge," asks EJ.

"An obsession with a Brady woman has led to the family downfall," says Stefano, "What a waste of time."

"She's everything I have ever wanted," says EJ.

"Women like that are a dime a dozen," snorts Stefano, "Go to any small town and knock on any door and you will find one. Why is this one woman so important to you? You have money, looks, you could have a harem."

EJ reminds him, "It was you who wanted us to get married in the first place. But it's because I love her and need her. You will help me if I am to carry on."

Stefano tells him he is on his own to get Sami to sign the annulment, "I warn you. If you do this, you will make an enemy of her for life." Stefano advises him to leave Sami's children alone, "God knows there are enough Bradys around to target."

The family continues to work on Sami. "I can make his life a living hell," says Sami.

The entire family says in unison, "We know all about that."

Marlena says, "You're not going to keep Will safe. You're putting the babies in harm's way. Is that a chance you're willing to take?"

Hours later, Phillip and Belle pry themselves away from each other and decide maybe the kiss wasn't the thing to do. Phillip apologizes but Belle is sooooo understanding, "I have to get going. It's my first day of shadowing a nurse at the clinic."

Phillip tells her he won't break in to the CPS office. He will let her know how things go. Belle wishes him luck and leaves.

Outside, EJ sees Belle and slithers behind her as she walks toward her car. He's dressed in his all-black outfit. Otherwise we wouldn't be able to tell he's a bad guy.

Sami says she loves them all. Lucas wants her to trust them.

Stefano wheels out. He tells OMB not to be too hard on himself, and then leaves to make a call. OMB goes up to the cop and says he will wait inside for Stefano. "I guess that's OK," says the cop, "I realize you're probably going in there to kill him. It's my duty as a Salem Cop to let you do it."

OMB stands over Andre who conveniently regains consciousness. Andre struggles for the call button. OMB asks, "Are you in pain?"

Andre the bobblehead nods. "Not for long," says OMB. He brushes the call button aside, walks over and bars the door with his cane. He goes back to Andre and growls, "This is for Colleen." He turns and sees a big red button on the wall. Above it is a sign reading, "BUTTON OF DEATH."


Previews
========

You can watch the previews later today on our PREVUZE II website.

30 Comments:

Blogger Deb said...

Lucas isn't man enough to convince Sami not to sign the annulment papers so he has to get her entire family to whine her into submission?

Yeah that's a real man.

With apologies to Teresa, Lucas is a nutless wonder! He bullies Sami at every turn, refuses to see ANYTHING from her point of view, gives her endless grief for her loyalty to her family, and freaks out when she makes any kind of decision that goes against his wishes.

On the other hand, the writers have dusted off the old Stefano/Marlena storyline and switched the names around.

I have no idea why Phillip would think he had to resort to kidnapping Tyler to have a DNA test done. The baby was abandoned. CPS would be thrilled to have him come forward as the father, and a DNA test would be no problem.

And of course, we all called it, Colleen will end up being alive and well somewhere.
Didn't need a crystal ball to see that coming a mile away.
Sometimes this show is just too easy.

4:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Stefano rages, "What about my mother?"

My guess is that mommy dearest is behind the vendetta because Colleen found Santo and they ran off together.

5:45 AM  
Blogger Deb said...

Oh Leslie that's good!!

In fact your suggestion has given me an idea.

These Are The Daze Of Our Lives

5:58 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Love your idea Leslie. We have all discounted Stefano's mother. Shame on us.

6:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Never underestimate a woman scorned, like Mrs. Santo had been.
Now, Lucas. I seem to remember him all understanding and forgiving around the time they got married. When Sami revealed about the rape and trying to kill EJ, Lucas was all " That's ok. I still love ya." Now, poor girl. If she blows her nose in EJ's direction, Lucas pounces with eyebrows crinkled and lips turned in like a little middle school kid that has had somebody say, "Your momma." What happened to forgiving Lucas?
And is it me or can we all tell when Sami is going to do her cry face? Her face freezes in that "Mommy, I got an owee." look, she takes a deep breath and never lets it out. Has Ms. Sweeney lost her ability to cry on cue? It can happen with as much crying as she's had to do.
Regardless, It's good to see Will back. Now, we can get some sensibility into this story. He's one of us. He always looks at them like the whole push has gone nuts.
anon1

7:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great Prevuze today! I can't understand why EJ would want anything to do with Belle,unless constant whining & the smell of bubble gum turn him on.

7:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, this story is like a boiled egg in a vacum cleaner tube. It sucks so smoothly throughout.

As a Sami fan for years, I hate to say this but Lucas hasn't lost his gonads, Sami has. Atleast he's trying to fight. Who is the wimp that used to be the blonde haired, blue eyed shew?

Someone threatens her kid and she's running scared? So sad. I guess its back to Buffy being my only blonde idol. (Just joking)

As for Stephano, I don't get it. Now, he decides to bring up that his mother was cheated on, and its the nun's fault that his father cheated.

Oh kay. I can go along. Every lady knows you can never leave your husband alone with a nun. You know those nuns are all in it to win it, if you know what I mean.

And if you don't, then you understand that statment as much as I understand this show.

7:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, Deb, that is just too funny. I never watched “The Sopranos”. I was tuning into “Queer As Folk”, which was certainly a tie in to your Maury story line.

8:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So Stefano goes to the Bishop to get the annullment papers and then tells EJ he'll make an enemy for life of Sami if he forces her to sign them? And all of a sudden he's against doing anything to any of the Brady children? Weren't the DiMeras behind nabbing the brat in the swamp and hiding her from Bo and Billie all those years?

My mouse was smokin' from clicking on the forbidden link so fast! HAHAHAHA And I loved the Vendetta poster.

Prevuze continues to amaze. Thanks! :D

8:22 AM  
Blogger cfish said...

Why is EJ targeting Belle? I know she's Sami's half-sister, but she doesn't have a drop of Brady blood in her. Unless EJ knows something about John that we don't -- like that he's the Santeen child ... But then he'd be half DiMera, and he'd be going after one of his own ... oh, I need a Tylenol!

8:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think all of you against Lucas would act the same in his situation. Say your spouse wanted to divorce you and marry someone else? Put yourself in his shoes.

9:47 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Perhaps EJ will go all old school Dimera psycho and grab Belle, hide her away somewhere and try to make her "become" Sami.

go OMB go. Notice we haven't seen much of Tony lately, it's all been Andre. He must be holed up somewhere with Anna. Get rid of Andre. The twin-lookalike thing has been done way too many times and it needs to be put to rest, along with switched babies/eggs. There are so many more interesting directions some of these story lines can take. Why stick with the tried and not true predictable fluff? We all predict the outcome of a loooong story arc weeks before it plays out.

We all come up with good topics for story lines and we don't even get paid for it.

10:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"I think all of you against Lucas would act the same in his situation. Say your spouse wanted to divorce you and marry someone else? Put yourself in his shoes."

Not even kind of sort of. I wouldn't whine for days and then bring in his family to whine too. I would say good-bye, have a nice life, she deserves you.

10:29 AM  
Blogger Deb said...

"I think all of you against Lucas would act the same in his situation. Say your spouse wanted to divorce you and marry someone else? Put yourself in his shoes."

Well first off the possibility of us having a vendetta against our entire family is pretty remote, but if by some weird set of circumstances there was one, and I could end it by letting my husband marry someone for a while in order to end it, I might have to do that.

12:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I too think that Colleen is alive and she and Santo hooked up.

Why is Philip going to break into an office?? He is a Kiriakis. Call daddy and let him grease the wheels. Geez...

EJ is going to run Belle down (to get Sami to marry him), but he ends up hitting John instead.

12:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If Lucas were my husband, I would definitely divorce him and marry EJ and if it ended a vendetta against the fam, bonus.

But we wouldn't need separate beds...

12:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who's Mariana? Do you mean Marlena?

12:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rape is rape. Who would want their child to marry someone who performed that malicious act?

12:34 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Repeat after me.

Prevuze is for fun

DOOL is just a soap opera

now take a deep breath

12:56 PM  
Blogger Prevuze said...

I too think that Colleen is alive and she and Santo hooked up.

In other words, there is absolutely no reason at all for the vendetta. So the past 50 years or so of DOOL have been pointless.

Come to think of it, that's probably true whether Colleen and Santo hooked up or not.

1:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

In other words, there is absolutely no reason at all for the vendetta.

Yes, true. Although, it did give Stefano something to do with his life. Has he ever had a real job? How old was he when Santo died?

1:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

With apologies to Teresa, Lucas is a nutless wonder! He bullies Sami at every turn, refuses to see ANYTHING from her point of view, gives her endless grief for her loyalty to her family, and freaks out when she makes any kind of decision that goes against his wishes.

HEY wait a minute...that's how it is in my house! OMG! I need a life :-D At least he let's me read Prevuze! How bad can the guy be???

1:13 PM  
Blogger Applecheeks said...

Once again I'm late in posting. I managed to squeeze in a Prevuze read this morning, but have been otherwise occupied.

Cudos to Bulldog for the LAMES sign - not lame at all. Loved the V poster and the censored link was great. Regarding that link - I must quibble a bit. Lucas IS good at being a goof-ball.

Squint's picture...so prophetic.

And, talk an understatment - Stephano's line, "I have made a few mistakes myself" was a whopper.

Loved Prevuze. Deb, I loved your Maury storyline. Looking forward to what you've posted now. LOL

1:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

RAPE, RAPE, RAPE. It is not forgetable nor forgiveable by us human beings. Sami should know that anyone capable of such a hideous crime and sin is despicable and no damned good. And to think so many of you are condemning Lucas for his behavior.
The Dimeras' crimes never are proscuted on the show, even though there is more than enough evidence
against. The NBC writers make a mockery of the justice system.
Dan

2:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If having balls means raping women, locking people in freezers and trying to kill innocent people, then I'm glad Lucas doesn't have any =P However, I have total faith in Lucas' balls. They'll come through in the end and he'll make EJ pay for what he's doing. That'll be all kinds of fun.

3:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lucas loves Sami. Sami thrives on conflict. EJ doesn't know the meaning of love, only obsession. EJ is gonna scare the begeezes out of Belle so Sami will marry him. Stefano is a contol freak and bully the writers are idiots. I fast forward throught the stupid Chelphanie sorority )(*.

6:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who is OMB? Is that Shawn Sr?

7:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thought the Lame sign was great!

7:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thought Stefano meant Santo took Colleen's body back. If my hubby visited the grave of his mistress every day I'd probably go insane too!

9:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMB = Old Man Brady

12:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Blogarama     Globe Of Blogs