Friday, January 06, 2006

Little Zach Is Brain Dead

Frankie comes out and talks to Jen. They each blame themselves for what happened in the shower. They rationalize. They obsess. Frankie thinks he has to go back to DC. Jennifer tells him he can't go, "If anyone was to blame it was me."

Lois stalks. Marlena walks. Marlena bumps into John and is startled. She tells him she's looking for Alex. John is upset. Marlena tells him she knows Alex wouldn't hurt her. Lois watches and contemplates the hypo.

The rookie cops talk about the accident. They don't relish telling Bo it was his own truck that hit Zach.

Hope is hysterical. Lexie stands and stares at Bo and Hope. Bo says, "Lexie, just say it."

Lexie cries, "I'm sorry to tell you..." Hope cries her heart out.

Shawn storms into the chapel screaming at God, "You're are all powerful! What kind of God are you?" He lashes out. He collapses on the floor crying. Mimi comforts him.

Bo and Hope are in despair. Hope wants to see Zach. Lexie says she will take them in to see him.

Hope turns to Bo and screams, "I want you to find out who murdered my son!"

Abe is standing there, "We'll find out who did this."

Celeste comforts Lexie. Lexie tells her she tried so hard to save Zach."

The murderous little brat cries. She pours it out to Max. Max comforts her. She flashes back to Zach telling her he loves her, "Why does everyone I ever care about just disappear?"

"Hey," says Max, "I'm still here. I'm not going anywhere."

The cops watch the scene. "Looks like the charges just went from hit-and-run to murder," says the rookie.

Julie, Maggie and Mickey talk. Julie says she and Doug jumped at every chance to baby sit, "Zach never gave us any trouble. He was mischievous, though." She flashes back to a time when Zach was with them. Zach tosses food at them as they kiss. Julie chastises him. Doug gets involved in the food fight.

Julie goes off to see how Doug is doing.

Lexie wonders if there was more she could have done. Abe comforts her. She goes to talk to Bo and Hope, and take them to see Zach. Bo asks, "Are you sure you want to do this?"

"Yes," says Hope, "I have to see my baby." Hope breaks down as they go into Zach's room, "Mommy is here, baby. I love you so much." She rests her head on Zach's chest. Suddenly she stands up, "My God, he's alive! Zach is alive!"

Jennifer is in her bedroom. Frankie asks her if she has a minute. He sits on the bed, "You didn't do anything wrong. It was all my fault."

"I don't know how you can say that," says Jennifer, "I don't know what came over me."

"Do you want to know the truth," he asks, "I wanted to kiss you, but I promised you I am here as your friend and that is it."

Jennifer asks, "I've ruined everything, haven't I?"

Marlena doesn't want to talk about Alex. She is concerned about Belle and Claire, "I'm not the mother Belle remembers or needs. I just want to help her."

"She knows you're doing the best you can," says John, "I will go check on them. You can wait in your office."

"My office," asks Marlena.

"Yeah," he says, "You had your practice here at the hospital." He takes her there.

Marlena looks around, "So this is where I worked?"

"Yep," says John, "Take a look around. It might trigger something. I'll be back soon. Try to get some rest."

John leaves. Looney Lois stalks.

Shawn is distraught. There was so much he still had to do as Zach's big brother but some coward left him on the road to die. Mimi tells Shawn, "We will catch this person and put them in jail."

Shawn says, "NO! I am gonna get my hands on them. I swear, they are dead."

Max tells the little murderer she just has to be there for Bo and Hope. She says, "Trust me. I'm still not Hope's favorite person. I think now I should just give her some space. OMG! Billie! I should call her." She goes off to make the call.

Celeste takes Abe to the rookie cops. He introduces himself and asks about leads.

"It won't be long before we make an arrest," says one of them, "Only the charge will be murder."

Victor asks if Caroline is all right. She says she's fine.

"You're not fine," says Victor, "I can see that. She breaks down and falls in his arms."

Hope cries, "He's still alive!"

"He's not breathing on his own," says Lexie.

"How long can he stay like this," asks Bo.

"It's up to you," says Lexie. Bo and Hope agonize.

Frankie says, "You haven't ruined anything. It didn't mean anything. It was just and extremely awkward moment. But we will always be friends. Nothing's changed."

"I hope not," says Jennifer, "So you're going to stay and we're OK?"

"Of course," says Frankie, "You sure you want me to stay?"

"Yes," insists Jennifer, "You can't go anywhere with that cast. But from now on we shower alone."

The phone rings. It's Maggie. She tells Jennifer Zach has been hurt. Jennifer asks, "Is he going to be OK?"

"I think Hope is going to need you," says Maggie.

"I'll be there right away," says Jennifer. She hangs up and tells Frankie she has to go. Frankie will watch Jack Junior for her. As she goes out the door, she says, "I don't know what I would do without you, Frankie." Frankie stares.

Marlena lies down on her couch. Lois lurks, "Poor Marlena, you were right to defend Alex. He was only trying to protect you. He can't help you any more. No one can." She stands over Marlena.

John comes up behind her and asks, "Hey, Dr. Banks, what are you doing?"

Mimi tells Shawn, "Revenge wont' help. It won't bring Zach back."

"I don't care," says Shawn, "I have to make it my life's mission to get this guy. "

Mimi asks, "You're going to take the law into your own hands? Would you kill this person?"

Shawn seethes, "In a heartbeat. My family will never be the same."

Mimi asks, "What if it was an accident?"

"It doesn't matter," says Shawn, "They took Zach's life and I'm going to take their life in return."

Mickey stands at the door of the chapel, "You will do nothing of the sort Shawn Douglas Brady! Zach wouldn't approve of that behavior. His parents did not teach him hate."

Shawn insists, "They have to pay Uncle Mickey!"

"There is a system in place that will deal with him," says Mickey, "You're grieving for Zach. But this is not the right way to go about it. Hate and vengeance won't make you feel any better. More important, it won't honor the memory of Zach. Right now you need to be with your mom and dad. We're all going to need each other."

"You're right," says Shawn, "I should be with my family." Shawn and Mimi leave.

Jennifer arrives. Maggie gives her the bad news, "Little Zach is brain dead."

Jennifer cries, "This can't be true. Where is Hope?"

Shawn Sr. interrupts Victor and Caroline. She thanks Victor for a shoulder to cry on.

"Any time," says Victor.

Victor goes out into the hall and introduces himself to the officers, "If there is anything I can do, don't hesitate to ask."

Victor leaves. One cop says, "Boy, is he in for a surprise."

"So is detective Brady," says the other.

"The most important thing is he is still alive," says Hope, "After a while, he'll wake up and not need life support any more."

Bo asks, "Does it work that way, Lexie?"

Lexie can't hold back the tears, "No, I'm sorry."

Hope says, "But I can hear him breathing."

"Honey," says Lexie, "That's artificial respiration."

"I don't want to believe it either," says Bo, "but he's gone. His body will shut down as soon as we shut off..."

Hope Cries, "They are not turning off the machines. You are not taking my son from me!"

Frankie sorts through the things in his bag. He finds an envelope addressed "To Frankie from Jack." He opens it. It's a DVD. He inserts it in the player.

On the screen, Jack adjusts things and sits down, "Hello... Frankie, if you're watching this, I am already dead. Dead man talking. I'm checking up on you and making sure you're following up on your promise. I'm sure Jennifer is grieving. If we leave it up to her to move on, she won't. You have to help her see there is life-after-Jack and a chance to love. Don't argue with me. I know that's what you are doing right now. You promised, and I know Jennifer loved you once. And I know, in time, she can again."

Lois says she is just checking on Marlena.

John asks, "How did you know she was here?"

"Yeah," says Marlena, "How did you know that?"

"I asked a nurse in the hall and she said she saw you headed this way."

"This is the second time tonight I've awakened and found you standing over me," says Marlena.

Lois says, "Marlena, You're like a sister to me. I need to protect you."

"I have some more bad news I wish I could protect you from," says John, "Something horrible happened to Bo and Hope's little boy. He was run over by a car tonight and died."

Marlena gasps. She wants to get to Belle right away to tell her about Zach.

"I'll catch up to you later says Lois. After John and Marlena leave she says, "And when I do, you're a dead woman."

"You and Jennifer together is what I really want," says Jack, "I loved her so much. I guess I'll have to trust you to love her in the same way. And Jennifer, if you're listening, please don't feel guilty falling in love with Frankie. It's not a betrayal. It's not wrong. What would be wrong would be you giving up on a life of happiness. Other than me, Frankie is the best man for you and our kids. Please just give him a chance. Remember, I'll always love you. Always." Frankie stares.

The little brat couldn't reach Billie. Jennifer comforts Shawn. Doug tells them Bo and Hope are inside with Zach. Shawn goes in.

Hope cries and kisses Zach's hand, "I won't let you do it. He can't die."

"OMG," says Shawn, "Zach is alive?"

"No," says Lexie, "He is on life-support."

"This means we have a very tough decision to make," says Bo.

"I can't believe what I am hearing," says Hope.

Bo says, "We have to think about what is right for Zach."

"How do we say goodbye," asks Hope, "I can't say goodbye."

"We have to give him a chance," says Shawn.

Bo says, "If there was a chance in a million..." He asks Lexie, "Is there?"

"No," says Lexie, "I am so sorry. There is no chance at all."

Bo says, "So Zach is gone but he won't be at peace until we let him go. So we have no choice. We have to turn off the life-support."

Tears.



To Zach

Seems like He is such a cruel God
When He takes the young child
Seems it’s pointless and hard hearted
If they're here just a while

Seems love just gets so much stronger
With aching emptiness
I say love survives forever
In us for those we miss

It is the life lived without love
That never lives at all
It is the old man so alone
Who stays down when he falls

It is he who will not reach out
Whom God cannot take in
But it’s the child who lives with God
Who’s always innocent

When your grief is all around you
And despair is your song
And you think God’s love is only
For persons righteous all along

Just remember in his Sweet Word
The promise so sacred
Blessed shall be the pure in heart
For they shall behold God


- Prevuze


Previews
========

Shawn tells Mimi, "I used to tell him all the time, if you want to pitch in the majors, you can, buddy. And now we'll never know."

Phillip says, "I have to say goodbye to my little girl."

Carrie says, "My God, Austin, I can't believe it."

"We need to know two things," says Bo, "Who was driving the car that hit our son and how they're gonna be punished?" Max hugs the murderer.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Prevuze ty for the poem for Zack. I cried reading today's post. I can't imagine watching it.

11:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Frog, Frog, Frog - what a fabulous redering of "Yesterday". I laughed until my sides hurt.

And how can Carrie find out about the take-over yet - it's still just New Year's Eve. I thought there was some hope for this show when, for once, they didn't stretch Christmas or Christmas Eve out for a month. Unfortunately, they just realigned the calendar and will stretch New Years Eve/Day out until February.

1:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

As Applecheeks points out, given the show's insistance on warping time I expected Frog's last stanza of "Yesterday" to go something like:

Yesterday
Salem's troubles seemed so far away
Now it looks as though they're here to stay since
This night will run for days and days.

Great job!

1:41 PM  
Blogger Quiet one said...

Pretty pathetic that the only thing they can do to shake things up is to kill off a little boy. Why don't they have Austin develop some balls? That oughta cause some kind of traumatic event for someone, maybe Carrie. "My company...my life...Oh my God, Austin, you have BALLS! What's happened to you? I know I've been away for a long time but I never thought...." (fainting). "No Carrie, NO! They aren't MY BALLS! They're NICOLE'S!!"

9:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL Austin have some balls, that's funny. It's to bad they killed off Zack, will definatly miss the little guy. You know who I would like to see get some ballz? Belle. Jesus Christ can you just dump Phillip already!!

8:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Blogarama     Globe Of Blogs