Wednesday, October 19, 2005

It All Went Like Clockwork

Billie looks out the window. She checks her watch. She tries the phone. Patrick comes into the room. Billie tells Patrick she is worried about Chelsea. She has called her cell phone six times. This reminds Patrick of when he was a kid. He used to worry his parents a lot. He tries to calm Billie down, "Worrying your parents is part of a teenager's job description. I'm sure she is with Abby."

Abby sits on a bench and cries, "Daddy can't be dying." Chelsea brings coffee. She tells Abby Josh made it especially for them. "This can't be happening, Chelsea," says Abby.

"I know, but it is, Abby," says Chelsea, "I remember when they told me my parents died. Compared to what I went through you should consider yourself lucky."

"Are you out of your mind," yells Abby.

Bo and Hope arrive at the Devereaux. Jack and Jennifer tell them Abby has run off. "That doesn't sound like Abby," says Bo.

"Why was she so upset," asks Hope.

"It was something I said," says Jack, "...that I was dying." ...to get off this show and on a good one.

Alex flashes the pendant, "It's time to permanently erase any thoughts of John." He turns on the music, "They're playing our song, Marlena." He hands her a glass of brandy.

"Thank you," she says.

"You're welcome," says Alex, "After tonight, as far as you are concerned, it will be as if John Black ever existed. The only man you will ever remember loving will be me. To your recovery..."

"To my recovery," she drones.

John spies, "So now he has her drinking brandy like everything is normal." He tells Kate Marlena started to remember when he was over there, "And then out of nowhere, she asked me to leave. So what do you think?"

"Maybe she was tired," says Kate.

"No," says John, "That's not it. North is controlling her somehow."

"You can't prove anything, and she doesn’t want to leave him," says Kate, "That doesn't leave you very many options, now does it?"

John says, "I could kidnap her." He tells Kate he has no choice.

Kate reminds him kidnapping is against the law. Details, details. "If you do this, you might end up losing her forever."

"Listen to the music," says Alex, "Let it fill your head and take you to a quiet, tranquil place where the only sound you hear is the music and my voice. Can you do that?"

"Yes I can."

"Good. Are you there?"

"Yes. It's so peaceful."

"Your entire life can be that peaceful form now on," says Alex, "Now I'm gong to count to ten, and when you finish you will no longer have any memories of John Black."

"I understand completely."

Patrick thinks Billie is new at being a mom. "That's hard enough with a newborn, but to hit the ground running with a teenager..." Maybe Billie is suffering from post-finding-your-daughter depression.

"I just wish she would let me know where she is," says Billie.

"It's all part of becoming independent," says Patrick, "I will put on some coffee and you put on music while we wait."

"Make mine decaf," she says, "I'm wired enough. She walks over to the stereo and stops dead in her tracks, "OMG! You have actual albums!" Quick, call an archeologist!

"Yeah," says Patrick, "They were my mom's." Billie puts one on. Al Green, Simply Beautiful. She sways to the music. Patrick watches.

Chelsea says, "That came out wrong. What I meant is you can spend special time with him before he goes. I know how hard this can be but trust me, I would have given anything to have had more time with my parents." Cry. Hug.

"What th..." says Bo. Jack explains. Jennifer cries. Hope comforts her.

Bo asks Jack how he is doing. Not so well, Bo. He's dying. Jack says he is scared for his family.

"We'll be there for you," says Bo, "How long have you known?"

"It's been a while."

"If there is anything I can do..."

"Actually," says Jack, "there is."

John asks Kate what other options he has, "There isn't a judge anywhere who would lock me up for protecting her. If I don't do this, then I will lose her forever." I don't know, John, a recent survey shows 99.9% of all victims really don't like being kidnapped. This could backfire. But, then again, John isn't one to think things through.

Marlena understands. Alex counts. A clock chimes. Marlena watches. Alex morphs into John. Marlena remembers John giving her the clock the clock. In her flashback, John says, "Each time it chimes, you will remember my love for you."

"Like I'd ever need a clock for that," says Marlena."

Back to so-called reality. Alex says, "Marlena?"

"Yes."

"Here we go," He serves brandy, "To a very positive and extrememly productive session." Marlena hesitates. Alex asks, "Aren't you going to toast?"

"Yes," says Marlena, "To a very productive session." They drink. Marlena looks at the clock.

Patrick asks Billie to dance. Close and slow. "I used to love this song," says Billie.

"I still do," says Patrick, "My dad gave me this album. Soul... It didn't match my mom's country western obsession. I like soul. It's honest, real."

"You were so right," says Billie, "I really needed to relax."

"Thank you," says Patrick, "But you picked the record."

Billie says she is trying to let go of the past. That's why Patrick likes being with her, "That... and the fact that you are smart, beautiful and extremely sexy." Kiss.

"Right backatcha," says Billie, "And you're always there for me when I need somebody."

"Anytime, anyplace," says Patrick. Kiss. Fade to Abby.

"Maybe you're right," says Abby, "Maybe I should spend as much time with him as I can before... I can't say it."

Chelsea says, "When I found out my parents died, I tried so hard just to remember the last conversation I had with my dad. And I couldn't remember it. I still can't. I can't remember the last time I told them I loved them. Terrible things would be so different if we just had moments like that and could hold onto them for all the Days Of Our Lives."

"But for me," says Abby, "every time I tell him I love him or have a conversation with him I will walk away wondering if it was the last. How do I live like that?"

"It won't be easy," says Chelsea, "Just promise you'll be there for him and yourself."

"Jack has known for months," says Jennifer, "But he didn't want to worry me. This will be too much for Abby to take. I don't know here she is. She could be doing something crazy or stupid."

"That isn't Abby," says Hope.

Jennifer says, "You're right. Like it wasn't Shawn when he drove his motorcycle through the church window." Are you kidding? That was sooooo Shawn. That was his crowning achievement!

Jack tells Bo when he's out of the picture Lockhart may try to take advantage of Jennifer. Well, at the moment, Lockhart's occupied.

Jennifer asks Bo to go look for Abby. Jack says he is going too. Jennifer doesn't want him to. "I'm not dead yet," says Jack. Jennifer wants to go too. Jack says someone has to be there if Abby comes home, "Look, I'm dying already. What's the worst that could happen? I'll be back soon." Jack and Bo leave. Jennifer breaks down.

The music plays. Marlena stares at the clock. Alex asks if something is wrong. "No," says Marlena, "I'm just tired. I think I'll go to bed." She swipes the clock and goes upstairs.

Alex turns off the irritating music, "Nothing to worry about anymore. It all went like clockwork." No pun intended, of course. He goes onto the balcony, "This was undoubtedly most successful session of all." He raises his glass as John watches through the field glasses.

"That SOB is taunting me," says John. He trains the binoculars on the bedroom window, "There is no light in the bedroom."

"Maybe she is asleep," says Kate.

"This is a perfect opportunity to grab her," says John.

"What if it doesn’t work," says Kate, "You could lose her."

"What other options do I have," asks John, "This is what I gotta do."

Marlena looks at the clock. She remembers what John said. She goes into the bedroom and turns on the light. She remembers John telling her to lock the door and she locks it.

Alex knocks, "Marlena, are you dressed?" She rushes to the desk and hides the clock.

"Marlena," says Alex, "unlock the door. Can you hear me?" Marlena slowly backs away from the desk and opens the door.

"You had me worried," says Alex, "Why did you lock the door?"

"Well, it was just reflex, I guess," she says.

Alex turns on the music and tells her, "Before you go to sleep, I have photos I'd like you to look at. They are pictures of the two of us, taken a long time ago when we were lovers."

Marlena asks, "We were lovers?"

"Yes."

Marlena remembers a scene with Alex, Roman or whomever.

"See for yourself," says Alex.

Marlena says, "I thought I... knew you, but I..."

Alex tells Marlena, "Not only were we lovers, but you swore I was the only man you would ever love." She says that to all the boys.

Marlena looks confused.

Patrick and Billie are busy. The phone rings. It's Jennifer. She asks if Abby and Chelsea are there.

"No," says Billie, "Is something wrong?"

Jennifer says, "No. I was just looking for her. Please let me know if they stop by."

"OK," says Billie, "In the meantime, I'll see what I can do about finding them."

Billie hangs up and tells Patrick Abby is missing too. Patrick offers to go and look. He leaves. "Lucky number seven," says Billie as she tries to call Chelsea one more time. No answer. Billie leaves a message. Bo shows up and asks if Abby is there. Billie asks what is going on.

"There is no easy way to say this," says Bo, "I know you and Jack are friends. Jack is dying, and when Abby found out, she freaked and took off."

Billie tells Bo Patrick went to find Abby and Chelsea.

Just what Bo wanted to hear, "Oh, damn!" Bo bolts.

Abby tells Chelsea she is probably worrying her parents, and should get home.

"I know," says Chelsea, "Perfect little Abigail. Do you want me to take you home?"

"No," says Abby, "I'd rather be alone for a while."

Chelsea sits as Abby leaves. Patrick fins her. She jumps into his arms, "Patrick, I just found out the most horrible news."

Abby stares. Jack finds her, "Abigail, how could you?"

'DADDY!" Hug. Cry.

"Abby's dad is dying," wails Chelsea.

Patrick asks, "Are you sure?."

Chelsea says, "It's not fair."

"I know she and Jennifer must be upset," says Patrick.

"I told her she should make the most of the time she has left," says Chelsea, "That's something I never got to do. Why did my parents have to die like that? They ware supposed to be here. I don't care what the DNA test says. They are my parents! I don't want them to be dead." Hug.

Perfect timing. Bo yells, "Lockhart, get your hands of my daughter."

"I feel like I'm a good person," says Jennifer, "Why is God punishing my family like this?"

"God doesn't work that way," says Hope.

"Then why is this happening," asks Jennifer.

"I wish I could answer that," says Hope, "You will get through this and I will be there with you."

"Abby was so devastated. When we told her it was like she was someone I didn't even recognize," says Jennifer.

Hope says, "She was in shock."

"I just want Jack to find her and talk to her and make her understand," says Jennifer.

Abby asks how long Jack has known. Jack says a couple of months.

"Why didn't you tell us sooner," asks Abby.

"I wanted the family to be able to create some happy memories instead of going through something like this," says Jack.

"You always say I can come to you about anything," says Abby, "Then why didn't you tell me, Dad? Why are you treating me like a baby?"

Silence. "Well, now you know," says Jack, "Let's not spend the time I have left fighting."

"Chelsea was wrong," says Abby, "I can't deal with this." Abby runs off.

"The bedroom light is on," says John, "I can't see what is going on in there."

Kate says, "You're thinking Dr. North is in there with her."

"If he is, I'll kill him," says John.

"See how happy we were," says Alex, "How much in love. Look at this one. You are smiling... from your heart. At one time we were very special to each other."

Marlena asks, "Where were these taken? When was it?"

"Not so fast," says Alex.

"I really want to hear," says Marlena, "I'm not tired."

"We can reminisce more tomorrow," says Alex.

Marlena says, "I wish I could remember."

"You will," says Alex, "Now we will have lot of uninterrupted time together to get those memories back. And when you do, you will remember which man you want to spend the rest of your life with." Fade out.


Previews
========

Jennifer asks, "What are you planning, Jack?"

Sophie says, "I heard you talking in your sleep." Lucas asks, "What was I taking about?" Sophie says, "Sami."

Sami beams, "Austin, I could work for you!"

Bo asks, "How can I make up for not being there during her childhood?" Hope says, "You can change her entire future just by being there... just by loving her, Bo."

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just when I think Prevuze pics can't get any funnier, they do. Loved the Romans being "beside themselves", and Larry/Curly/Mo.

The Salem Inquirer article was inspired!

Now, if the show's writers would only get half as inspired....of course if they did, what would we have to make fun of? HAHAHAHAHA

6:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've always said that the whole Belle saga has been a dog of a storyline. Now I know why.

My 365 Day Dog Calendar's fact for the day is, "A mother dog carries her puppies for about 60 days before they are delivered."

That's almost exactly the amount of time Belle was pregnant. It's official - she's a dog!!

2:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Blogarama     Globe Of Blogs