Tuesday, October 18, 2005

I Need To Have Him Fumigated

Up on the roof...

Belle paces. She sits down and looks over Shawn's CD's. Shawn comes in and asks what's wrong. She tells him to leave, but he won't while she is this upset.

Shawn asks if something happened between Belle and Phillip, "Does he know you are up here?"

"No," says Belle, "He thinks I'm sleeping."

Shawn starts to go back downstairs, "I'm gonna get him."

Belle stops him, "Please don't get him. I don't want Phillip. I want you." Zombie stare.

Lucas stretches as he and Sophie clean up. Lucas says he enjoyed working with Sophie, "It wasn’t that long but it was fun." I dunno. One night, that's a pretty long stretch for Lucas to keep a job. "I'm looking forward to working for Victor, even through I was his second choice for the job."

"You will make the most of the opportunity," says Sophie, "Your brother wasn’t interested."

"I'm going to run that place better than Austin ever could," he vows.

"You're gonna be great Lucas," says Sophie, "I’m sure of it."

"Thanks for the vote of confidence."

"Look," she hesitates, "I know you said you're not ready to get involved. That's fine by me, but what do you say we go celebrate your new job."

"I'd like that."

Alex/Roman says, "It's very late Mr. Black, why are you here?"

"It's my house. Why were you climbing into Marlena's bedroom window," snarls John/Roman.

"What? I did no such thing," insists Alex/Roman.

"The hell you didn't," says John/Roman, "I saw you on the terrace right outside her bedroom."

John/Roman insists he saw him. Alex/Roman says it's ludicrous. He asks Chris/Roman to press charges against John/Roman for slander and harassment, "All I am doing is trying to save Marlena."

"Especially at night," sneers John/Roman.

Chris/Roman says John/Roman wouldn't be there unless he thought Marlena was in danger. He wants to hear from Marlena, "Do you feel threatened by Alex/Roman?" Marlena stares.

Shawn asks why Belle wants him, "Phillip is your husband."

"There is nothing he can do," whines Belle, "I just need to pull myself together."

"Do you think we should call Lexie? Maybe this is that postpartum thingie," says the Troglodyte.

”I couldn't sleep," says Belle, "I just needed to get some air."

"You wanna talk about it," he asks. Aren't they already talking about it? Man this kid is sharp.

"I just feel... strange," says Belle, "Like it's not me in my own body. I can't explain it. It's like my whole life has been this act." Weep.

Marlena doesn't understand why everyone is there. Chris/Roman asks her again. Marlena says she hasn't felt threatened.

John/Roman says he watched Alex/Roman through his field glasses. He saw him crawl into Marlena's bedroom window.

"You've been spying on us," asks the indignant Alex/Roman, "I promise you, Marlena won't be your wife much longer."

That made Sami's day. She catches on and asks Marlena if she is divorcing John/Roman.

Marlena tells Sami she is filing for divorce. Hallelujah! "I have been praying for this day," says Sami.

John/Roman and Alex/Roman continue to trade insults. John/Roman blames Alex/Roman for making Marlena want the divorce. Alex/Roman says, "Your wife says she wants a divorce, and you think it's someone else's fault. You're the one making her life miserable."

Them's fightin' words. John/Roman lunges and screams, "You wanna sue me for slander? Let's add assault!"

Unfortunately, Chris/Roman pulls him off.

John/Roman says, "Look at Marlena. She is just standing there. He's sucked all the life out of her."

Sami couldn't care less. She just wants the details on the divorce. She thinks Marlena is doing the right thing. Austin soaks it in.

Chris/Roman asks Kate if she saw Alex/Roman sneaking around. Kate says no.

Sami begs Chris/Roman to get John/Roman and Alex/Roman out of Marlena's life, "You and Mom belong together!" Chris/Roman asks Austin to take Sami home. Sami doesn't want to go but Austin drags her out. The show's pretty much over so Kate leaves too.

Outside, Kate says to herself, "Austin should not be staying with Sami. I need to get him out of her apartment. Then I need to have him fumigated.

John/Roman tells Alex/Roman he wants answers.

"If you don't back off, I will go to court and get a restraining order against you," says Alex/Roman.

Sophie has changed outfits. Lucas tells her she looks great. Sophie wants to know where he wants to go, "How about Cheatin' Heart or someplace like that?"

"You know I am a recovering alcoholic," says Lucas, "Tending bar here tonight was pretty tough. How about a cup of coffee?"

"Just so I am clear," says Sophie, "this seems like a date. Is it?"

Lucas smiles, "Yeah, I'd say it is."

"I shouldn't be complaining," complains Belle, "I'm overwhelmed with how happy I feel sometimes. My daughter is a blessing. I just feel helpless when I am around her. It's like I am afraid of her. She needs so much and I don't know if I can give it to her."

Shawn asks, "Do you remember when we kidnap-, er, took JT? We knew what to do with him. And you still do. You can't expect yourself to be perfect."

Belle says, "I am so far from perfect." Well, that's the first intelligent thing she has said all night. "What if I screw her up for life?" Then she will be just like her mommy.

"She is so lucky to have you and Phillip as parents. I still think this is that post-depression-partum thing. You just need to get your treatment." Claire is lucky? Think about it, Shawn. Who didn't marry this nutcase? Who is the lucky one?

"I just can't believe all of this is because of the baby," whines Belle, "I just wish I could talk to my mom about all this." With Belle as a daughter, Marlena is still going through PPD.

"I'm sorry you're going though it now," says Shawn.

"I just feel like I don't know who I am any more," cries Belle, "I used to love life. I felt so lucky. Then I look at the world I brought my daughter into, and all I see is crime and poverty." And stupidity.

Shawn asks, "Don't you think you should be talking to Philip about this."

"I don't want him to think this is his fault," says Belle, "When you and I were together things seemed so simple. Everything was perfect."

Austin yells at Sami, "Slow down. Your parents can take care of their own lives. You don't want people interfering with your life, but when someone hates your interference, you sure don't give them the same consideration." He shifts gears, "Did Dr. North seem nervous to you? He looked like he was being territorial with your mother."

"I think he is creepy," says Sami, "But if he's getting John away from her, then he's OK."

"Well then you're a fool," says Kate, "Doctor North doesn't want your mother reunited with Roman. He's a phony Sami. When he gets trough with her she won't remember who you or your father are."

"I'll see you in court, pal," sneers John/Roman, "And I'll have nine lawyers by my side."

"I sure hope one of them is a divorce lawyer," says Alex/Roman.

John/Roman lunges. Chris/Roman pulls him off again, "This isn't helping Marlena."

"I'm already upset," she says.

Alex/Roman tells John/Roman he needs a psychiatrist. Marlena wants John/Roman to go if he can't be civil.

"You can't stop me from seeing my wife," says John/Roman, "What she needs is protection from you."

"Now I can understand why she was so uncomfortable around you. You were an abusive husband, weren't you?" Oooooo... the referee steps in and gives Alex/Roman a warning about low-blows.

John flashes his teeth, "Never!"

"I'm beginning to think this abusive behavior is why Marlena is having trouble remembering." That does it. He's been warned. The referee signals the judges to subtract two points from Alex/Roman's score.

"You're trying to invent a past for her that never existed," says John/Roman. He takes Marlena aside, "Listen to me. When I vowed to love, honor and protect you, it wasn't just in the good times. I never broke those vows and I'm not about to do it now. You remember that, don't you? You remember me, don't you? You remember when we first met I didn't know who I was. Even though I never got my memory back, you helped me deal with that. You made me the person I am today. Through the years our love has been tested but it has stood up. I meant those vows and I still do."

"I don't know why," says Marlena, "but I believe you. It's true isn't it?" Alex ain't happy.

Lucas and Sophie are outside with their coffee. Lucas says he felt like a senior citizen in the Java Café. Sophie tells him it turns into quite the teen-scene late at night. They talk about Sami. Sophie says she understands. She was engaged once, too, "I was young and naïve. He was a really handsome guy and had an amazing family. I have good taste but poor judgment. On the day of our wedding I caught him with one of my bridesmaids."

"That must have really hurt."

"I was lucky to find out before I got married," says Sophie, "Afterwards, he apologized and begged me like crazy to take him back. I was tempted, but I knew if he was going to betray me once, he would do it again, so I didn't give him the chance. So what happened with Sami and you?"

"Let's just says Sami has trouble with the truth," says Lucas, "I couldn’t live my life that way."

Sophie asks, "Would you ever give her another chance?" Inquiring minds want to know.

"No," says Lucas, "We are really through this time."

Sami defends Alex. Kate tells her she's dreaming. Sami turns her wrath on Kate, "My father is totally over you."

"Your father has nothing to do with this," says Kate, "Alex is trying to break up your mother and John. Do you know what he said to me? He told me pretty soon I'll be able to pick between Roman and John. He wants more than a doctor-patient relationship with your mother."

Austin chimes in. He agrees with Kate. Fifteen yards. Piling on.

"John thinks Dr. North is using hypnosis on her," says Kate. Sami becomes a believer. She starts to bolt out to go warn Roman. Kate stops her.

Sami turns it up a notch, "You are thrilled with her turning into zombie, aren't you?" She turns to Austin, "You have no idea what she has been up to while you were out of town." She turns her guns back on Kate, "How you seduced John after she was gone. How Stephano's whore decided to go after her best friend's husband."

BITCHSLAP!

Shawn thinks they were too young and naive to realize life was not that simple. "But it's over," says Shawn, "You have an awesome husband now, and a baby. You have a lot to look forward to."

Just like you and Mimi," says Belle.

"Yes," says Shawn, "We have been having a lot of fun. Who knows what is down the road for us? You need to get some rest."

Belle asks, "Why are you avoiding me about Mimi? Don't you want to get married and have kids someday?"

"Yes I do," says Shawn, "I want everything Phillip has. Everything."

"Something's coming back to you, isn't it," asks John/Roman. Alex/Roman steps in. Chris/Roman tells him to stop interfering. Alex/Roman flashes the pendant so only Marlena can see it.

Marlena's lights go dim, "John, you have to stop pressuring me. You both need to go."

Alex/Roman asks Chris/Roman and John/Roman to leave. John/Roman refuses until he talks to Marlena in private, "Come on doc, this won't take long. In fact I think it will only take about a minute."

Well, Sophie's landlord called her and told her a water line has broken in her apartment. How coonnvveeenniiiieeeenntt. Lucas is letting Sophie crash at his place. She hugs him and thanks him. They go inside. "It's not much but it's mine," says Lucas.

Sophie sees a half-packed box and asks, "Are you moving?"

"I was," he says, "Will and I were moving in with Sami. She lives down the hall."

"Bummer...," says Sophie, "I mean that you broke up but she lives so close."

"I used to think it was great Will had his mom so close, but I don't know..."

"I think it's time I make good on what I said," says Sophie, "I told you I'd help you forget about Sami, remember?"

"Gulp."

Austin pulls Sami off Kate. Sami pulls away and starts to leave again. Austin asks where she is going. "I'm gonna go see my son," she yells.

Sami stomps down the hall and knocks on Lucas' door. Lucas answers. He forgot to bring his shirt. "I came to see Will," says Sami.

"Yeah, well that's not gonna happen," he barks.

Belle says, "You said you want what Phillip has. Are you saying you want me?" L'il ole moi??

Shawn stammers, "What I meant was... someday I would like to have a wife of my own. Someone who I will love and will love me and will love kids. And she will love them so much we won't have any. Because a guy with my level of intelligence should be out of the gene pool."

"I want that for you too," whimpers Belle, "I wasn't literally assuming you wanted me." Oh, of course not. In the meantime, the universe continues its steady revolution around Belle.

"You know how much I wanted a life with you," says Shawn, "But I have accepted it wasn't meant to be. Phillip is your future. What we had is in the past. Deep. The guy is deep.

"You're right. BBAAWWLLLLL." Hug.

Austin says, "Sometimes Sami gets carried away." Coulda fooled me.

Kate is charged, "It felt really good slapping her. Sami will always be Sami. Stop defending her. You'll get pulled into her web again."

"It's not gonna happen," says Austin, "I broke up with her. I will never make that mistake again. I'm in a different place now."

"You're in her apartment," says Kate, "That's where she brings her victims before the kill."

"She needs me."

Kate says, "For what? Sex? As soon as she lost Lucas, she came lusting after you. Doesn't that tell you something?"

"I've heard enough," says Austin.

Sami insists she just wants to see Will. Lucas won't let her in. Streets of Love plays. Lucas tells Sami Will is at Arthur's. It's the first time Will has had a chance to visit Arthur since he saw Sami half-naked. Arthur finally came out of the trance.

"Then why are you acting so weird," asks Sami, "OMG! You have a woman in there!" She shoves the door open and there stands a half-dressed Sophie. It's a good thing Arthur isn't around.

"Good night Sami, " Lucas goes inside. Ahem. I think that went well.

Sami completely breaks down. BBAAWWLLLLLL. Austin hugs her. Kate watches. Kate doesn't know what to think. This is good. This is bad.

Marlena wants to do this tomorrow. John/Roman insists. "There is nothing more to talk about," says Marlena, "Goodnight."

"I don't get this," says John/Roman, "One minute you wanna talk, the next minute you shut down." Chris/Roman tells him they'd better go.

As Chris/Roman drags him out, John/Roman tosses in one more volley, "If you think this is over, I'm watching you, pal."

"Once I get the restraining order," says Alex/Roman, "it will have to be from quite a distance."

Out in the hall John/Roman tells Chris/Roman a restraining order will not keep him away.

Alone at last. Alex dangles the bangle and tells Marlena, "That was a close call. For a moment I thought I had lost you. So we must destroy the few memories you have of John Black... this time for good." FF Alex.


Previews
========


"That doesn't sound like Abby," says Bo. "Why was she so upset," asks Hope. "It was something I said," says Jack, "...that I was dying."

Kate says to John, "That doesn't leave you very many options, now does it?" John says, "I could kidnap her."

Patrick tells a smiling Billie, "That... and the fact that you are smart, beautiful and extremely sexy." Kiss.

Alex tells Marlena, "Not only were we lovers, but you swore I was the only man you would ever love."

Whaddya think? Were the previews real? I'll never tell. OTOH, this is Daze. Nothing is real.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Unfortunately, the previews were too mundane to be anything BUT real. I prefer the previews from yesterday. HAHAHAHA

Got a good laugh at the "Streets of Love" moving pic and the quip about the universe continuing to revolve slowly around Belle.

And how about the understatement of the week by Lucas, "This has been a long night." I'd say about three weeks long at this point!

6:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Blogarama     Globe Of Blogs