Friday, September 23, 2005

Dazed

Pan through Jillian’s eat, drink, play bowling alley. Chelsea throws a gutter ball. She tells Patrick she’s never been bowling before. She wants Patrick to show her how to do it. Strike! Patrick gets a turn. Chelsea asks if he needs her help. He thinks he can handle it on his own. She thanks him for taking her out on a fun date.

“Chelsea,” says Patrick, “you have the wrong idea.”

Mimi and Shawn come in. Mimi has bought them bowling shirts. She would have bought the cool bowling shoes, too, but they were too expensive. Shawn says they should just lift the ones they rented. They wouldn’t want to wind up in jail, though. It is, however something they both share – having been in jail.

Belle writhes in pain.

Austin’s plane is landing. He’s thinking he missed the wedding unless it was delayed postponed or canceled, “like all the others.”

Kate says, “The report was delivered with the disguise. Sami’s DNA was all over the disguise. There’s your proof that Sami was Stan, Roman.”

“Kate,” says Roman, “you’re looking awful smug. I guess you think this clinches it. You were the one wearing the disguise. Everyone knows you’d do anything to stop this wedding.”

Lucas says, “Yeah, it’s your life mission, Mom.”

John comes up and says he called the ISA, “The report is legit. Sami, you were Stan”

Sami cries, “You always hated me, John. Lucas, you can’t believe them. I’m innocent.”

Lucas scowls.

Sami tells Lucas how much she loves him and will.

“DNA evidence doesn’t lie Sami,” says Kate, “You almost got our men killed. You didn’t get away with it, but I wasn’t about to let a lying snake like you take our family.”

Roman says, “Lucas, I’m sorry but Kate isn’t lying. Sami was working for Tony.”

Sami protests. Roman shuts her up, “Sami, as Stan, was Tony’s right hand man.” GASPS rumble through the crowd.

Austin gives the driver instructions. He has a wedding to get to.

“This must be my lucky day,” she says. Oh, it’s that really, really famous comedienne... uh... whazzerface. “Keeping the bride waiting, huh? You can change into your tux in the back seat. I won’t watch... much.”

“It’s a long story,” says Austin, “The first time I married her...” Austin flashes back. He lectures Sami “for a lifetime of lying to us all.”

The driver advises him to get back on the plane, “This woman sounds like trouble.”

“She’s marrying my brother,” says Austin.

“I’m in a 12-step program,” says the driver, “Do you know what this conversation is doing to me?”

Austin says, “I will give you a huge tip if you can make it on time.”

“OK,” says Motorouth, “but don’t count on making the ceremony. This chick sounds like she has bad marriage karma.”

Marlena calms Belle down. Major job. Marlena remembers giving birth herself. Lexie tells Caroline to get towels and water.

Belle screams for Shawn. Ho boy. They all stare and play ‘let’s pretend we didn’t hear that.’

Mimi gets a spare. Shawn can’t believe she’s better than him at bowling. Mimi says, “At least you’re not sending them down the gutter like Sami’s wedding. Do you think she was Stan?”

“I don’t know,” says Shawn, “Sami has made a lot of mistakes. Belle and I have made plenty of mistakes, too. We just have to move on.”

Chelsea says she doesn’t have the wrong idea. Patrick says he agreed to go out with her if she’d be nice to her mom, “A deal is a deal, Chelsea.”

Lucas is practically having a stroke, “Who are you? Are you a woman? A monster? A criminal?”

Sami yells, “I’m your son’s mother.”

“An accident of birth,” shouts Lucas. Yelling, screaming, hysterics. “You almost got me, Phillip, Brady and Shawn killed!”

Sami says, “Brady hates me.”

Lucas screams, “Everybody hates you, Sami. Don’t you get that?”

Sami appeals to Will.

“Just because I’m a kid doesn’t mean I’m stupid,” says Will, “You ruined everything again.”

Sami is Dazed, “Why won’t anyone believe me?”

“Because it’s too late,” says Roman, “Take a look at all those people you’ve hurt.”

Phillip takes his turn, “I’m walking now, Sami,” he says, “I worked really hard. You want to see my artificial leg? I face reality every morning when I strap this thing to my stump. You gave me this!”

“That isn’t how it happened,” says Sami

Phillip says, “I will be like this all the Days Of My Life because of you!”

“Tell us the truth,” says Roman.

“All right ,” says Sami, “I was Stan.

Shawn tells Mimi he has to move on. Mimi gets another strike. It’s still her turn. She fidgets. Strike. Shawn likes her wild side.

Patrick sees Mimi and wants to go over and say hello.

After their little conversation with Patrick, Shawn asks Mimi what Patrick is doing there with Chelsea. He wants Mimi to tell her brother to stay away from Chelsea.

Billie calls Chelsea, “Are you with Patrick?”

Alex ponders, “If Marlena starts having involuntary memories, I’ll have to do something to put a stop to that.”

As she helps with Belle, Marlena again remembers childbirth.

Lexie brings a blanket. She checks out Belle, “OMG!”

That got Belle’s attention, “OMG what?”

The cab is stuck in traffic. Austin tells the cabbie to beep her horn.

She lays on the horn. Nothing happens, “Oh, that just cleared traffic right up. Now we’re moving, aren’t we.” Her mouth is moving, that’s for sure. “You don’t tell me how to drive and I won’t tell you to stay away from the lunatic bride of Salem. You don’t marry a woman and then almost marry her again. So how did you guys break up?”

“It’s a long story.”

The crabby cabbie says, “Look out the window, sweetheart, we got nothin’ but time.”

Austin remembers the baby, the wedding, the lies. He remembers telling Sami, “I don’t want to hear it...”

Crabby says, “Let me get this straight. The son you thought was yours... until you come back from NY, so you can watch this woman marry the father of the child you thought was yours but is your own brother. I get it. I watch a lot of soaps. You gotta watch the flashbacks or it gets confusing. We need to make up a 12-step program for you. Exes-of-Sami-Brady Anonymous.

“It’s true,” says Sami, “I’ve been...”

“Working with DiMera,” says Lucas.

Sami’s defense shields pop up, “It's because of that bitch. She set me up. I was angry because everyone believed her. I never felt so alone in my life. I thought my parents were dead. John and Belle turned their backs on me. Kate drove me crazy... literally. All I could think about was revenge. That’s what Tony offered me. At first I didn’t know I was working for him. He has done so much to hurt my family I wouldn’t have helped him, but once you are caught in his web, you are trapped.”

“You’re just trying to say you are another one of his victims,” asks John

“Yes,” says Sami, “That’s exactly what I’m saying. I didn’t care. My life was over. I tired being good and faithful but everybody turned their backs on me anyway. So I’m sorry people got hurt. I just hope someday you will understand and forgive me.”

Abe says, “Being sorry won’t satisfy the state.”

“Criminal charges will be brought,” says Roman.

“Yes,” says Abe, “And the punishment could be quite severe.”

Lexie tells Marlena Phillip should be told he will be a father today.

Shawn calls Caroline. He asks if it’s over yet. She tells him the kid isn't there yet. Shawn says he was asking about the wedding; he didn’t know Belle was in labor. He says he’ll be right over, and hangs up.

“Oh dear,” says Caroline.

Shawn tells Mimi Belle is in labor. Mimi says, “Reality check, Shawn – it isn’t your baby.”

Billie asks if Chelsea is with Patrick but Chelsea fakes a bad connection and hangs up.

Patrick asks who it was. Chelsea says, “I’m not sure. It was a bad connection.”

“Gee,” says Patrick, “that’s strange. My phone works just fine in here. Call Billie back and tell her to join us.”

Sami begs Roman.

“Sami,” says Roman, “I don’t have any control over what happens now. The grand jury will decide that and then you will be prosecuted. I couldn’t help you even if I wanted to. You did this to yourself. You always do. And if you do end up in prison don’t blame me or anyone else. Blame yourself. Answer me – how in the hell could you work for Tony DiMera?”

Sami says, “I didn’t know it was Tony at first. It was too late when I found out.”

Roman says, “The truth will always come out. Wen will you learn that?”

Sami says, “He showed me proof you and Mom were alive. I wanted that more than anything. How could I resist that?”

“You lured us to where Phillip was prisoner,” shouts Lucas, “Don’t you care about anyone but yourself?”

“I care about you and I love you,” says Sami, “When I found out you were there I stopped you from being you executed. Doesn’t that matter?”

Marlena tells Phillip Belle may be in labor. Shawn rushes in. Mimi follows. She tells him, “You knew this would happen.”

Shawn says, “Yeah, you’re right. I guess I just kept pretending it wouldn’t happen. She’s having his baby and they need to be together.” If Shawn gets it, this will be a big breakthrough for him.

Caroline tells Marlena, “Belle really loves Shawn.”

“How do you tell a man you don’t love him when you’re carrying his baby,” says Marlena, “Promise me you won’t tell anyone about this, especially Shawn.”

Phillip rushes in. He asks Belle, “Has it been bad?”

“It hurts,” says Belle, “I really thought I was miscarrying this baby. I don
t want to lose it.”

Patrick says, “Level with me. Why don’t you want Billie to join us? You made a deal.”

“The biggest stress in my life right now is Billie.”

“Point taken,” says Patrick, “So we won’t invite her to go bowling. But we should all get together sometime. Maybe you can bring a date – a guy your own age.”

Billie pushes his buttons, “I could bring Max Brady.”

“No way.”

Alex asks Marlena if she is OK.

“It’s so strange,” she says, “I think I’m having memories. They are vague.”

Alex says, “I think I can help you. Clear your mind.” He whips out the trusty old hypnotic chain, “You trust me. Everything will be all right.”

“I want to forgive you but I can’t,” says Lucas.

“Please,” says Sami, “You love me. We’re going to get married.”

“I can’t believe I ever loved you or wanted you,” says Lucas, “Form now on, you’re dead to me. All I feel for you is hate and disgust.”

Sami runs out. She falls as she hits the steps. Did I see Kate trip her?

Kate cozy’s up to Lucas, “I’m sorry you had to go through all this.”

“You know, Mom,” says Lucas, “you got what you wanted. You always do. Don’t expect me to thank you.”

Kate says, “Look, I did this for you for your happiness.”

Lucas says, “You did this for revenge. You’re worse than Sami is. This whole thing was your fault.”

Shawn watches Belle and Phillip. He asks Caroline if Belle will be OK.

“Yes.”

“I hope they will be happy. Every baby deserves a happy home,” he says.

“Shawn, I’m so proud of you,” says Caroline. Shawn and Mimi leave. Caroline closes the door.

Lexie tells Alex, “I know what you are trying to do with Marlena. You want her for yourself.”

Alex says, “The way you want Detective Thomas E. Kramer for yourself?”

Lexie says, “I want to do what I feel is right.”

She walks away. Alex says, “I’m afraid you’ll regret that, Dr. Carver.”

Chelsea finishes her ice cream. “Why not Max,” she asks.

“You can do better,” says Patrick.

“You think I should be saving myself for the right guy,” says Chelsea.

“We shouldn’t be talking about this,” says Patrick.

Chelsea says, “Who else am I going to talk to? You earned my trust. Billie has to do the same thing. I will do better, you’ll see. I’m gonna save myself for the man of my dreams.”

Abe wants to talk to Lexie. “This situation made me do a lot of soul-searching, seeing how much of a mess some people can make of their lives. Lex, I’m so sorry. I’m sorry I pushed you away. I’ve been unfair to you. Can we try again? I couldn’t live another day without your love.”

“Oh,” says Lexie, “nothing could make me happier.” Translation: maybe.

“Oh thank God,” says Abe.

Lexie says, “I’m sorry. I have to go check on Belle.”

“I’ll be right here,” Says Abe.

Alex overheard, “I see things are looking up for your marriage. If you want it to stay that way, you won’t say a word to John.”

Phillip wants to take Belle to the hospital. Belle gets up and doubles over in pain. Phillip asks what’s wrong. It ain’t gas, buddy. “OMG,” says Belle, “The baby’s coming.”

Lucas says he will never forgive Sami. But Kate started this with her lies and manipulation. “I loved her. Can’t you see that? That was my chance at true happiness and you pushed her over the edge. Now Will and I have nothing. I swear I never want to see you again.” Lucas storms out.

Caroline tells Roman Kate was right about Sami after all.

“Just because Sami was wrong doesn’t make Kate right,” says Roman, “What Kate did was as bad or worse.”

Billie asks Kate if it was worth it.

“Yes,” says Kate, “It was. Because now my sons are finally rid of Sami. Austin and Lucas – Sami is finally out of their lives.”

Sami bawls in the garden. A figure offers a handkerchief. Sami rejects it, “I hate everyone and I know you all hate me.”

Austin says, “I don’t.”

She looks up and sees him. FF.


Previews
========

Phillip yells, “She’s going in to labor right now. She could lose the baby. Do something.”

“Why should I listen to you,” asks Shawn. “Because,” says Alex, “I’ve been in your shoes. I lost the woman I love. I know what it’s like.”

“I’m sorry Sami, but the truth is you only have yourself to blame,” says Austin.

Bonnie asks Nicole, “You’re planning to make a move on Austin Reed, aren’t you?”

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

If poor Sami had to have another wedding blow up in her face, at least Kate is going to be on the wrong end of the fall-out as well.

Loved the STAN/SATAN picture. I can't pick up the bottom series yet. Something to look forward to later in the day!!

Question - Is Chelsea bowling in her short, slutty dress and heel?? That would make quite a picture. HAHAHAHA

6:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Does anyone remeber that Jack raped Kayla? If he can be a member in good standing of the Salem community after something like that why can't Sami be allowed to redeem herself?

7:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, here we go again... Another Sami Wedding Day disaster.... When will the writers get over that storyline? Love that Lucas isn't letting Kate off the hook though!! Great pics, as always!

7:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Blogarama     Globe Of Blogs