Friday, May 06, 2005

It Would Be Like Committing Adultery

Jan hangs on in the hospital while we flash back to her fight with the murderous Mimi. Then Mimi remembers her encounter with Tec in Jan’s apartment. Oh, the torment! Mimi looks down at Jan and begs her, “Come on Jan, you gotta wake up.” Jan’s machines go berserk.

Meanwhile, back at the front, the boys have captured the intruder in their base camp. Rex says, “Turn around slowly.” He asks, “What the hell are you doing here?” Stami flashes back to his instructions from Tony.

Stami says, “You’re Americans. Oh, man, am I glad I found you. I was being held hostage. I can’t believe I got away. If you want proof, I can give it to you.”

Brady comes back to camp and asks what is going on. They fill him in. Brady says, “Journalist, huh? Well, that should be easy to check. Waitaminute, do I know you?”

Hope slaps up on Billie, “You bitch! This is a new low even for you, Billie. How could you make love to my husband knowing he thought you were me?” Billie flashes back to the love nest.

Billie protests, “It wasn’t like that. Bo wasn’t the only one who was unconscious. I hit my head, too.” That’s a cute trick. Two unconscious people making love. It’s Daze, anything can happen.

“You knew exactly what you were doing, Billie,” says Hope. Patrick tells Hope the gas was strong down in the pit. Hope tells him to butt out. “Things like this just keep happening don’t they, Billie. You swore to me you would never go after my husband. You’re a damn liar. But this time you’re going to suffer the consequences because this time you didn’t just lie to me. You lied to Bo. You let him make love to you thinking it was his wife. He’s never going to forgive you for this.”

John says to Marlena, “Quite a night, huh? So what was it you wanted to talk to me about earlier?”

“I’m thinking,” hesitates Marlena, “It can probably wait until Roman and Kate are here.”

“They’re probably still outside talking to Will and Shawn,” says John. They talk about what a young man Will has become and how fast kids grow up. “I know it’s strange being here after all that time. Just know I am here whenever you want to talk,” says John. The doorbell rings. John struggles to the door. It’s Belle.

Belle tells him she has been at the church praying for the boys. She hopes she isn’t interrupting. John tells her this is her home, she is always welcome. Belle whines, “It doesn’t feel like my home anymore. I just miss Mom.”

“I miss you, too,” says Marlena. Oh, the tearful reunion!

Marlena gives Belle the whole story. She didn’t drown. The castle. The fire. Victor and Caroline sleep with the fishes. Yada. “Let me look at you,” says Marlena, “you’ve changed so much since the last time I saw you.” Belle asks if Marlena has been filled in on everything that’s happening. Marlena says, “Tony kept us up on what was happening back in Salem. It was his way of torturing us and the viewers, too.”

John says he’s going to leave them alone since they probably have so much to catch up on. Not to mention the fact he’s got that compelling bag-o-pills upstairs.

Marlena and Belle talk about Belle’s little oops of marrying the wrong guy. Belle doesn’t know what she was thinking, “Why, why did I do it? You mean besides being a brainless twit?

Marlena says, “You listen to me. Everybody makes mistakes. The important thing is we learn from those mistakes. Six or seven more marriages and you’ll get it right.”

Bombs and gunfire fill the air in the war zone. Brady, Shawn and Rex grill Sami. Sami tells herself to stay calm and maybe Brady won’t remember her. The boys look over Stami’s credentials. He’s Stanley Grant from the New Mexico Daily Herald. They discuss whether or not the papers are forged. Stami assures them they are real, “I was chained up with another guy, a Marine. But they were a lot more concerned with him than they were with me and that’s what helped me escape.”

“This Marine, did you get his name?”

“Yeah,” says Stami, “It was, uh... like the city Caracas. Yeah, Phillip Caracas.” The boys stare. Sami thinks, “Well, I guess I’ve got your attention now, don’t I, boys?”

Mimi screams for the nurses as Jan’s machines pump out the scream of death. The nurse comes in and tells her the IV just needs changing, “Actually Miss Spears’ vital signs are better. The doctor’s think she may make it.”

The nurse leaves and Mimi says, “Thank God you didn’t die.”

Tec’s ominous voice says, “I wouldn’t get too comfortable if I were you.” A single dramatic bass piano note sounds.

“Think what you want,” says Billie, “but I did not take advantage of Bo. I merely seduced him while he was unconscious.

“Why don’t you surprise me and just once take responsibility for your actions,” asks Hope.

“I did not ask Bo to come with me to look for Georgia, he wanted to. Now I’m just sorry it turned out to be a dead end. The point is I fell into that pit. Bo tried to help and he fell in too. Our cell phones weren’t working, the gas started coming in. We both thought we were going to die.”

“Which is when you pounced on my defenseless husband.”

“I did not,” says Billie, “pounce on him. I jumped his bones.

Hope says, “Bo was so confused he was calling you ‘Hope,’ but that didn’t stop you from having sex with him, did it? You have been after Bo for years.”

“In the past, maybe, but not now.”

“Especially now,” snaps Hope, “It’s bad enough you would exploit your missing daughter to get Bo back into your life, but to drag him into a dangerous situation and have sex with him... But then again, you did have to pretend to be me so he would make love to you.” Meow. “What you did to Bo just proves what I have known all along, you’re a whore!”

Billie starts to smack Hope, but Hope uses her secret agent Kung Fu Karate move to stop her, “Don’t... ever try that again. Or you’ll be dead.”

Marlena asks Belle, “Where does your heart say you belong?”

“Shawn,” she cries, “I love him so much. But I love Phillip, too. Does that make sense?”

“More than you know.” Belle goes through the whole Shawn-Phillip thing. She loves Phillip, “But it’s just not the same kind of love I feel for Shawn.”

Marlena says, “That is because, baby girl, Shawn is your soul-mate, and besides, he’s the only person in Salem who’s dumber than you are.” Marlena tells her she is right to wait until Phillip comes home to drop the bomb on him, “Somebody is going to get hurt. It’s unavoidable. I see you’re still wearing your wedding ring. It makes me wonder if you’re not quite sure who you want.”

The boys continue to give Stami the third degree. He’d better start talking, “How did you wind up in the same cell as Kiriakis?”

I was embedding in the 7th army division. We were being fired upon with... bullets. That’s when the rebels captured me and threw me in the cell. I tried to talk to Caracas, but he was pretty out of it. They hadn’t given him any food or water. I had some money stashed in my boot and I bribed the guards to let me escape. Phillip was still alive when I left, but they may have executed him by now.”

Brady says, “We gotta go now to rescue our friend. You’re going to lead us to that bunker.”

Tec says he’s there to check on Jan. Mimi says she is there for the same reason. Mimi says she’s hoping Jan wakes up and tells the truth for the first time in her life, “My life isn’t looking too promising anyway. If Jan dies you’ll arrest me for murder. If she lives you’ll arrest me on a lesser charge. Why do you keep torturing me with questions?”

“It’s my job. You told me your side. If Jan wakes up she’ll tell me another side. Where blackmail is involved, even nice people like you can be driven to do desperate things.”

Jan stirs. Mimi says, “Jan, can you hear me?”

Jan looks up and whispers, “Mmuurrddeerroorr...”

Patrick wants to swing into action. He thinks this is a DiMera plot. Hope wants to rant about Billie having sex with Bo.

Billie admits it was a mistake. “A MISTAKE,” asks Hope as Bo comes to.

“I feel like someone dropped a concrete block on my head. What are you two arguing about?”

Hope asks, “You wanna tell him, or shall I?” Billie stares.

Belle is not unsure but she’s married to Phillip and until she destroys his life, she has to stay faithful to him, “Phillip’s video made me feel even more guilty. He kept saying how his love for me is getting him through all this. It’s all my fault.”

“No,” says Marlena, “This war is not your fault and Phillip being captured is not your fault.”

“As long as I’m married to Phillip, I can’t have a relationship with Shawn. It would be like committing adultery.” Like? Flashback. She tells John she can’t have a relationship with Shawn until she can tell Phillip. I would never, never have guessed that.

Stami is reluctant to help the guys find Phillip. Brady pulls the guys aside to have a confab. “They’re not buying my story,” thinks Sami, “I’d better come up with something fast.”

The boys are suspicious. They think it’s just too much of a coincidence Stan stumbled into their camp. They decide to ask him a few more questions. Brady wants Rex to find Lucas and have him monitor the situation, but from a distance. He wants Stan to think there are only three of them. Shawn and Brady will stay there, rattle Stan and see if they can crack him. Rex leaves. Stami asks where he is going.

“Shut up,” says Brady.

Stami says, “I’m just afraid he’ll be spotted by the enemy.”

“Don’t worry about that,” says Brady, “We’re the ones you should be afraid of.”

Jan says to Mimi, “Get away from me, you murderer.”

“Jan,” says Mimi, “I did not try to kill you.”

“Yes you did,” says Jan, “You have wanted me dead for a long time.”

“I have wanted you to stop blackmailing me, but your fall was an accident.”

“You attacked me,” says Jan.

“You either can’t remember what happened,” says Mimi, “or you’re lying.”

Jan says, “My memory is fine and I’m telling the truth.” The nurse comes in and says Tec and Mimi have to leave while she examines the patient.

As they leave, Mimi tells Tec she knew this would happen. Mimi calls Bonnie to tell her she is in major trouble. Tec calls the station to report on the Jan Spears case, “She’s conscious and talking. If what she says is true, I’ll be making an arrest before the night’s over. It’s attempted murder.”

Bo, like so many times before, doesn’t know what’s going on.

Billie tells him, “Bo, we had an accident. We accidentally had sex.

Bo doesn’t want to go to the hospital, but Hope wants to have him checked out. Bo agrees, He asks, “What were you guys talking about?”

They get Bo in the car for the trip. Hope lays down the law to Billie, “From now on, you have to look for Georgia on your own. Hire a PI if you have to, but stay away from my husband.”

Mimi asks if Tec is going to arrest her. He says he will question Jan as soon as the nurse lets him. Mimi tells him Jan will just say the same thing. “In that case,” he says, “I suggest you find yourself a good lawyer.” The nurse comes out and tells Tec Jan has regained consciousness for the moment, but she might not make it. Tec tells Mimi she’d better contact that lawyer.

John tells Belle she needs to level with Phillip if she has feelings for Shawn. He asks if Marlena agrees. Marlena says, “You know, I’ve made mistakes in my life, serial killings and all that...”

Belle interrupts, “Yeah but when you fell in love with Dad, he was Roman, so it was OK, you thought he was your husband. You’d never cheat on him now, just like I’d never cheat on Phillip.

Billie rebounds, “Hope, this is Bo’s daughter, too. I’m sure he wouldn’t appreciate anyone telling him what he can do, not even you.”

Hope says, “You’d better prepare yourself for the possibility someone is playing games with your head, Billie, making you think Georgia is alive.”

“We have proof.”

“No,” says Hope, “what you have is a doll, some dubious DNA evidence and some audio tapes. Until your daughter shows up alive, you stay away from my husband. Believe me, this isn’t a fight you want, because when it comes to my family, I’ll win.”

Bo comes up and asks if everything is OK. Patrick says he didn’t want to wait in the car. Hope says the fresh air is probably good for him. Bo says he tried to contact Hope before he started out on the wild goose chase. Hope doesn’t want to discuss it. She thinks Bo is in no condition to discuss anything, “Let’s just go, OK?”

Patrick asks Billie if she is still dizzy from the gas. “No, says Billie, “that’s a permanent condition I have.

Billie says she has never seen Hope so mad. Patrick rationalizes for Billie, she was overcome by the gas, “It’s not like you guys knew what you were doing. You never would have...” Patrick gets a clue, “Aw, Billie, you mean Hope was right?”

Billie confesses, “Bo didn’t know, but I did. I could have stopped, but I didn’t. I needed him. I’m sorry.”

Brady and Shawn are skeptical about Stan’s story, “You left a US Marine to die? What kind of an American are you?”

“A selfish and cowardly one. You keep saying I am a spy, but who would send me out here in the middle of nowhere to find you?”

“Someone who wants to know what we are up to. Maybe even someone who ordered you to kill us,” says Brady.

“With what, asks Stami, “A number two pencil?”

Rex returns to the base camp, “Funny, our friend here isn’t who he says he is. He’s a fraud.”


Previews
========

Hope tells Bo, “She used you! Unless of course, you did know you were making love to Billie.”

“What’s the emergency,” asks Patrick. “Georgia,” says Billie, “She’s been found.”

Kate tells Belle, “If Phillip loses his life, his blood is on your hands as well as Shawn’s.”

Lucas tells Stami, “You hurt any of them, you’re a dead man.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG! A late Prevuze! I almost didn't get through the morning without it.

But, the great pictures and priceless captions (Military Un-Intelligence), and dead-on comments (hospital pumps scream of death) have once again given me the will to go on. HAHAHAHA

9:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Blogarama     Globe Of Blogs