Saturday, January 01, 2011

Prevuze: 1/1/05 - 1/1/11

I started Prevuze recaps six years ago today. It's the anniversary, it's the new year and I've decided now is a fitting time to wrap it up. I began back in '05 as a day-ahead blog. Since the day we lost the satellite in September it has become apparent that it just doesn't work to post recaps after the show has aired. It's time for me to move on to new adventures.

Before I do, I just have to say this has been one hell of a ride. Long story short, you could almost say I started the blog as a joke. It took off like wildfire and, hey, what could I do but keep it going? I really think readers have provided me with at least as much entertainment in your comments and submissions as I hope I have provided you. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

So, for one final time, read on, and I think I can help clear up a few things you read on this blog or saw on Days Of Our Lives in the past few years. Or maybe it'll just make things more confusing. I'm not sure which.

You see, the last six years you have been reading this blog have been... I hate to say "a lie," so perhaps I should say... "inaccurate." I guess now is the time to set you straight about what REALLY happened during that time:

* * * * *

We pan in to see our heroine sleeping. She wakes, rubs her eyes and finally realizes the sound of running water woke her up. She gets up to check it out, goes into the adjoining bathroom and opens the shower door to find her fiancée. He turns and smiles, "Good morning." She gives him a strange look. Although he's dripping wet he hugs her and asks, "Is something wrong? You look troubled."

"All the things I've been through have finally taken their toll on me" she says.

"Tell me all about it," says Mr. Sensitivity.

"Life in Salem isn't easy," she whines, "Think about everything that has happened since all the people in town started dying..."

"...we had funerals,
they were buried and then they all showed up alive and said they had been held captive on an island called Melaswen. My God, Alice Horton was even one of them and she died a terrible death by being choked on her own donuts. Until then, everyone in Salem thought the only lethal food in town was either Kate Roberts' brownies or the chowdah at the pub."

"Shortly after that, Sami Brady became Stan. No one ever could figure out how she hid her boobs, though..."

She goes on... and on... and on... She tells him about Brady, Shawn, Rex and Lucas running off to the war zone to rescue Phillip... Phillip losing every body part known to man... Brady, Nicole, Chloe and the flesh-eating bacteria... Mimi and Rex the space alien... Phillip, Belle and their flying motorcycle infested wedding... Shawn and Belle having a hot time in the burning barn... The arrival of Claire and the ensuing "Who's your daddy" scenario... Shawn, Mimi, Phillip and Belle a.k.a. Fred, Ethel, Lucy and Ricky... Sami and Lucas... Sami and Brandon... Sami and Austin... Sami and EJ... Sami and Rafe... Lucas marrying Carrie, and then finding her and Austin doing the "rooftop rumba"... EJ Wells and his ill-fitting towel... EJ forcing himself on Sami (Some say rape... some say true love. In Salem there is a fine line between the two.)... Johnny and Allie, paternal twins with different paternals... Sami and EJ's platonic marriage, their single night of unbridled passion and the arrival of Grace, who turned out to be Sydney, uh, sort of... Sami, Rafe and the safehouse... Rafe's on-again-off again relationship with the FBI, SPD and advanced algebra... Nicole, EJ and the foam rubber pregnancy... Dr. Baker and his crush on Wacky, drugged out Hope... Anna and EJ kidnapping Sydney... Sami and EJ's aborted wedding... Sami shooting EJ's head off only to find nothing but a vacuum... Hope, Patrick and the legend of the wilted petunia... Hope's miracle 12-month pregnancy... Bo, Billie and the gas pit... Bo and Billie’s search for "Georgia"... Finding her as Chelsea Benson, the best thing to hit Salem since that little Bubonic Plague thing... Chelsea the Zack-whacker... Ciara's kidnapping... Carly Manning trying out her new Ronco Slicer-Dicer on her husband Lawrence Alamain... Hope flinging Bo out of their marriage and Bo's ensuing fling with Carly... Chelsea's boyfriend Nick visiting Chelsea's mom Billie and getting more than milk and cookies... Nick the Geek turning into Nick the Freak and killing the evil Trent... Chelsea and Uncle Max... John and Marlena... Patch coming back from the dead... Phillip ripping little Pocket away from Patch and Kayla and giving him to a complete stranger... the arrival of L'il Joe and the departure of Patch and Kayla to Bora-Bora... Racer Stephanie Johnson, fastest gal in Salem on and off the track... Stephanie and Uncle Phillip... Stephanie and Uncle Max... Stephanie's shocking decision to date a non-relative, poor Nathan... Carly and Daniel's one-night-stand, a little mistake that resulted in the big mistake known as Premiere Party Girl Melanie... Melanie and Phillip's big Internet romp... Brady and Clhoe, Phillip and Clhoe, Lucas and Clhoe, Daniel and Clhoe and back to Phillip and Clhoe... How Melanie got a big bang out of her wedding day... Her husband's Phil-andering with Clhoe... Melanie admitting she loves Nathan in a moment of Dungcootie Fever delirium... Stef 'n Ho... Stefano having a stable of ho'z and sampling the wares which resulted in Chad... Victor and Maggie... the great sarcophagization... the sad loss of Alice... Stefano transferring John's mind to disc... the Santo and Colleen story... The tragic plane crash and death of Shawn, Sr. in spite of Robo-John's skillful piloting... Crazed Phillip chasing Belle and Shawn around the world to get Claire... Kate feeding Chloe poison brownies... baby switcheroos... test switcheroos... couple switcheroos... the glove... some crazy story about a body stuffed in a water heater... Touch This Guy Airlines... an adventure in film noir... Belle and Shawn sailing into the sunset... Tek and Lexie disappearing, and Lexie showing up in Stefano's tunnel... Bonnie's escapades with Mickey... The palletization of Tony DiMera...

Suddenly, he can't take it any more...

"STOP!"

He tries to inject some sanity, "Don't you see? It was a dream! None of this happened! You dreamed it all!"

"If none of that is true," she asks, "What happened to all those people?"

He tells her the real story...

"Sami married Lucas. Lucas became a junior accountant at Tidwell's Department Store and spends most of his time there playing practical jokes on his co-workers. Sami got fat and was the first person kicked out this season on "The Biggest Loser."

"Bo and Hope reunited. Bo got fired from his Police Commissioner's job for skimming from the daily donut allotment. Hope was appointed commissioner. She redesigned the Salem Police Department insignia and is now selling it as a line of jewelry on the Home Shopping Network. Bo stays home, cleans house and occasionally pops an old girlfriend who shows up. Hope always forgives him for it because every single time Bo tells her, "I thought it was you."

"Phillip continued to lose body parts. All that is left of him now is a set of false teeth that sit in a jar at the Kiriakis mansion."

"Shawn and Belle returned from their sea voyage. The round-the-world adventure did not diminish Belle's infatuation with Phillip. She moved into the Kiriakis mansion and keeps Phillip's teeth at her bedside. Miraculously, Jan Spears woke from her coma. She and Shawn were last seen heading out of town on his motorcycle."

"Mickey Horton really did die, but they can't find his grave. Maggie married Victor when he promised Titan would buy the National Tattler and put Maggie in charge of it, making her the national gossip instead of the town gossip."

"Melanie stayed with Phillip as he lost body parts, but divorced him when everything below the waist was gone. She married Nathan and they left town. Unfortunately, his fellowship turned out to be at John Hopkins University, not the prestigious Johns Hopkins. He is now a permanent resident at the hospital there and he and Melanie do nothing but perform appendectomies. Their survival rate has risen to 10%."

"It turns out Rafe Hernandez, like his personality, never existed."

"Caroline was disappointed Victor chose Maggie over her. She continues to run the pub, but was recently seen purchasing a sarcophagus."

"Daniel divorced Chloe when he found out the "day care center" she was running provided "care" for husbands who thought their wives were cheating on them. In an effort to mend her ways, Clhoe became a nun, but eventually ran off with Father Matt."

"Daniel and Carly got back together and decided to have another child. They figured anything would have to be a step up from Melanie."

"Patch and Kayla stayed in Bora-Bora because they found out not only could Stephanie not find her butt with both hands, she also couldn't find Bora-Bora on a map."

"Vivian left the Kiriakis mansion. She perfected her sarcophagus equipped with high-definition TV, cameras and communication devices. Then she added a few other amenities and sold the concept to Apple Computer, which will market the device, calling it the iCoffin.

"Tom and Alice were reunited in heaven, but are very lonely up there since they never see anyone from Salem."

"Johnny ran off and joined the circus. He now thrills crowds juggling two bowling balls and a glass eye."

"Finding out Stephanie was no longer with Nathan, Ian the geek immediately moved in with her. Together, they wrote a new computer billing system for St. Mary’s hospital. St. Mary's went out of business in December."

"Stef 'n Ho reconciled. Stefano figured at his age it was the best he could do and Kate figured at her age she needed their combined wealth to support her Botox treatments."

"Gus and Chris both came out of the closet and got together. They opened an upscale brownie boutique and on occasion provide special orders for Stef 'n Ho's enemies."

"Billie slowly recovered from her injuries and offered to test drive any of Chelsea's boyfriends. In the meantime, Chelsea and Max had a kid. This caused a minor falling out when they couldn't decide if he was Max' grandnephew or Chelsea's cousin."

"Mimi got back together with Rex and they returned to his planet Kevlar in the Gemini constellation."

"Nick and Patrick both remain in prison where Patrick entertains him by telling him wilted flower legends."

"Abe and Lexie split up when Abe lost his mayorship for appearing on the reality show "Name That Senator" with Rod Blagojevich. Lexie miraculously found Tek waiting for her in the same ditch they wrecked their car in years ago and they ran off together."

"Will and Gabi fell in love and got married. They waited to have sex until after the wedding and for that disgusting act were banished from Salem forever."

"Jack and Jennifer reunited and came back to Salem, where Jack continues to die and come back to life on a regular basis."

"John recovered from his injuries but he and Marlena couldn't make it work because Marlena, like everyone else in the world, preferred Robo-John to real John. Marlena got back together with Alex North (who everyone knew didn't die in that fall). She later said she went back to Alex because for some reason he reminded her of Roman Brady. John went back to the ISA, where he now teaches new recruits to squint."

"Unexpectedly, EJ and Nicole remarried and even more unexpectedly, Nicole got pregnant. Unfortunately things went south when EJ discovered it wasn't a fake pregnancy. Nicole immediately went back to Brady. Together they entered a 12-step program and got all the way to step two before falling off the wagon."

"Doug and Julie became the town patriarch and matriarch. The Disney Corporation re-released the Davy Crockett series with Doug singing its signature "Ballad of Davy Crockett," just as he did many years ago ( Click here to listen.). Doug made so much money on the royalties he and Julie re-opened Doug's place."

"And here's the most unbelievable thing of all: Anna DiMera came back to Salem, renewed her relationship with Roman and after all these years Roman Brady finally got laid."

* * * * *

Stunned, she asks, "So none of the things I remember ever happened."

"None of it," he says, "It was all a dream."

She sighs, "What a relief."

He embraces her, "I love you, Pam."

She smiles, "And I love you, Bobby Ewing."



* * * * *
Epilog

Writing this blog has been a world of fun. Readers, contributors and commenters have made it work. I toast you all:

"Amidst our mirth we toast to all
free thinkers o'er the Earth,
On every shore our flag of love
is gloriously unfurled.
We prize each one, fair or dark,
from hill and dale to plain,
Happy to meet, sorry to part,
never to meet again."



NOTE – you can now follow Prevuze on twitter at: http://twitter.com/prevuze



97 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

OH NO! OH, HELL NO! Please tell me the obituary I just read is another Pam Ewing dream. I discovered this little gem of a blog shortly after you began posting. I've been reading Prevuze since before it was italicized (which I obviously still can't figure out how to do). I've travelled abroad and have spent time in internet cafes to get my Prevuze fix. I can't believe I must forge on without my daily dose of snark...please please please bring Prevuze back to life, you know like Alice, John, Jack, Hope, Tony/Andre, Roman, Marlena, Stefano, everyone who ended up on Melaswen, love the mention of the Kirikas Island yesterday, Sakirik. I must give props to the obituary. Just the small recap of all the crap that has occured in Salem since 1/1/05 was hysterical. I especially enjoyed trying to figure out exactly what Max & Chelsea's relationship to their kid would be. As for Prevuze, it was quite a ride. So sad I won't be checking this site first thing EVERY DAY. Let's just say it is not a Happy New Year anymore :-). RIP, Prevuze. Even after 6 years, we hardly knew ye, but loved you just the same.
-Cookie-

6:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, how you will be missed! Even posted on the day of, your recaps of the show are the most hilarious take on Days there is.

Please keep that Facebook page of yours and post the occasional snarky comment or photo! I'm not sure Days will be anywhere near as fun without your humor.

Oh, and if that feed comes back, please be like Evil John and come back from the dead Until then, see you around the sarcophagus...

7:02 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

This sux. I've been following your post for years.i usually read it a day after Days is on because of work.
I hope your still going to post your Post show tweets.
My 2 highlights of the internet is votefortheworst.com and Pruvuze.And now one is leaving

8:27 AM  
Anonymous Bulldog said...

Daze moves so slowly when you see it every day it’s hard to imagine they’ve actually done that much in five years. Since I don’t see it until the evening - or sometimes the next evening - even the same day recaps have kept me from the DT’s (DOOL Tremors).

What a terrific recap. I’ve submitted pictures to Prevuze over the years and have always marveled over the fact you could create so many gems every single day! I haven’t sent many in lately because I ran out of ideas. (icoffin I’m still laughing over that one.) I also enjoyed the two links. And every time I’ve traveled and have trouble just checking in on my e-mail I wonder how you continued the blog when you’re on the road.

I’ve been a Prevuze reader since almost day one. Sometimes it’s been the only thing getting me through some long, lonely days at the office. Most of my friends have retired but Prevuze was at least there for me to share my afternoon coffee with.

What an interesting picture at the end. I guess we’ll never know the true identity of Prevuze or where the secret compound is. (Does Norris know his main source of income might be in jeopardy now??)

Even tho I plan to retire myself shortly I will still miss not only Prevuze’ amazing recaps but the clever comments from the faithful readers. I wonder what storylines DOOL will come up with next and how many times we’ll all think “What would Prevuze have done with this one!?”

THANK YOU, Prevuze, for all you’ve done. Have a happy 2011 and beyond to everyone.

8:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh no! I don't care that your posts were no longer a day ahead. It still satisfied my daily DOOL fix. Please say it isn't so. I don't know where else to go!

9:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Please say it isn't so! I have so enjoyed your snark. When I first came back to DOOL in the fall of 2009, your blog was one of the first things I discovered, and you were a huge part of the reason I started watching regularly again. You know, now that I think about it, maybe I should be mad at you for that....LOL Seriously, I'll miss your unique take on the show.

9:32 AM  
Anonymous Leslie said...

Even in the farewell edition, Prevuze is the teller of truths, and the following are my favorites.

She redesigned the Salem Police Department insignia and is now selling it as a line of jewelry on the Home Shopping Network.

It turns out Rafe Hernandez, like his personality, never existed.

Daniel and Carly got back together and decided to have another child. They figured anything would have to be a step up from Melanie."

Then she added a few other amenities and sold the concept to Apple Computer, which will market the device, calling it the iCoffin.

John recovered from his injuries but he and Marlena couldn't make it work because Marlena, like everyone else in the world, preferred Robo-John to real John.

I could go on and on - those of you who have read my comments know the truth in that statement - but I’m sure all the readers will have their own favorites. Not only is Prevuze fun but the blog is educational. I had no idea that Bill Hayes sang the Davy Crockett song. However, I must admit I was half expecting to get Rick rolled. LOL!!! By the way, you didn’t mention what happened to EJ. He’s at my house. LOL part deux!!!

I don’t want to get emotional. Translation: here come the Sami Brady water works. Unlike many of the faithful, I did not happen upon Prevuze until several years into the blog. At first, I lurked. I followed that up by cautiously testing the waters. In the end, I couldn’t be shut up. For dragging myself into the office at an ungodly early hour every morning, my reward was powering up my computer - make that my employer’s computer - for my Prevuze fix. My employer even thoughtfully supplied me with two monitors for ease of commenting - if my boss only knew, but I digress. Prevuze, you never disappointed. The blog was consistently intelligent, creative, wise, snarky, hilarious, and naughty, naughty. The censored links rocked! It was a party, and everyone was given an invitation. I would like to think a DOOL intern was assigned the daily task of reading the blog and had a good time too. We all laughed, ranted, pontificated, destroyed keyboards, and had a romp ‘em stomp ‘em good time. I’ve grown very fond of my fellow Prevuzites and marvel at the fact that God and William Shakespeare would take the time to comment. As for you Prevuze, I wish I knew how to quit you, because I’m going to miss you. You’re the best! May you live long and prosper!!! Dare I type - never say never?!

9:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I, like probably many of your viewers, read your posts because I am at work while Days is on. Thus, if I want to know what's going on in Salem, I come here. Does anyone out there have suggestions for other Days postings, day ahead or not, doesn't matter?

9:58 AM  
Anonymous irlisalisa said...

You will truly be missed! You have provided countless laughs over the years. I too hope that you will continue to post your invaluable and insightful tweets as a public service to your eternally grateful followers!

10:04 AM  
Anonymous Tiff said...

i'm heartbroken. this means i might actually have to start watching the show again. i'll miss you, Prevuze.

10:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for the snark and laughs over the years! So many times I have read this blog to get a funny spin on this wacko soap opera called Days. I do hope that you'll continue posting a blog of some kind -- your humor is priceless. I will miss Prevuze!!!

10:17 AM  
Anonymous Chris said...

Thank you prevuze! I stopped watching DOOL over a year ago but still tuned in to your posts just to see if the crap at Dool continued or if it was safe to tune in again, it got even more pathetic than I could ever have imagined.
Thank you for you wonderful humourous posts! You will be missed.

10:27 AM  
Anonymous chaya said...

Prevuze - I will truly miss you. You have made mornings enjoyable for so long now. And how I do wish you were writing when Dallas was on ... (guess it was either that or having John wake up in bed with Suzanne Pleshette)

So please don't stop writing - you are way too funny. I hope there is some way to let us know what you are up to next.

The iCoffin was my favorite part today - and MacWorld is only 3 weeks away, so Steve Jobs still has time to come up with one ...

10:33 AM  
Blogger Indigo Life New Orleans said...

I love the snarky Re-caps of Days. Your humor and wit made my day. And it didn't really matter if I were reading about DOOL before or after the episode aired. I've been watching Days since I was 10 years old - almost 35 years. Your Blog has been immensely fun. I like your take on things - and life. What will I do without your instructive witticisms about the DOOL "Guy Manual". Hopefully the Prevuze Blog will come back to life in true Day Of Our Lives fashion.

10:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry to see it end. Thank you for making me laugh all these years.

10:48 AM  
Anonymous Tracy said...

Thanks for all of your hard work. I've been following Prevuze for a long time and also love the daily fix of snark. You will truly be missed. Maybe this is all a dream...

Thanks for being awesome!

11:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Tom and Alice were reunited in heaven, but are very lonely up there since they never see anyone from Salem."

LMAO at the thought of anybody from Salem but those two making it to Heaven.

will miss Prevuze, Saturdays will just not be the same without your comments.

11:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sorry to see you leave. Your recaps were the highlight of my day. Even if I watched, I always read Prevuze because you were so much more interesting than the show. It doesn't matter to me that you are posting on the same day, I read it, no matter what.

I hope some day you will return to entertain all of us. It will be difficult to struggle through Days with no snarky remarks from Prevuze.

12:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so sorry to see this end. I have been reading (and occasionally commenting) here for a few years. This site has made DOOL actually bearable these last few years. Now I won't be able to get my lunchtime laugh :(. It has been fun, and will surely be missed.

DoolFan65

PS....one last word verification: shicates. Now haow will I watch the shicates that DOOL has become without my daily dose of Prevuze.

12:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm all the way in the UK and this is usually my bit of light relief for the day. I stumbled across this blog three years ago and haven't looked back. Like other folk I don't even need to watch the actual show. This will be missed! I'm going to go and cry me some Sami Brady-Reed-Walker-Roberts-Dimera-Hernandez type tears. Have a fab 2011. :)

1:24 PM  
Anonymous sue said...

Chelsea the Zack-wacker - Oh Prevuze, how I will miss you !!

Thanks for a great run ! You have made this show bearable !

1:26 PM  
Anonymous Kate Fan said...

Thanks for being a part of my morning routine. I would make a cup of tea, turn on the computer and your site is the first one I'd hit. Your snark and humor will be missed. If I was in charge at NBC I'd make sure you had access to that feed, because you always made me want to tune in. Take care.

4:05 PM  
Anonymous Sue said...

I'm sad to see u go, other posts don't have ur lil witty humorous take on things, i do hope u'll reconsider and still post post-show recaps, for ur funny (yet sadly, true) comments were always the best! Long Live Prevuze!!

11:24 PM  
Anonymous Jamie said...

you will be missed :(

5:22 AM  
Blogger Applecheeks said...

Taken me a while to comment. Since I've been able to follow Prevuze from, literally, Day One saying goodbye is really, really hard.

As others have said, not only goodbye to Prevuze, but to all my fellow Prevuzite commentors.

But if Prevuze has to go out, at least it went out with a whoop, a holler, and a lot of belly-laughs.

The recap was great and the "real" story of what happened - priceless. It will bear re-reading often.

I was going to mention some of my favorite bits, but every single one was a classic. (Although, Sami getting fat & being the first one kicked off Biggest Loser ranks right up there.)

What I've decided to do to help fill the missing snark void in the mornings is to go to the Archives and start reading from Day One.

With my Swiss-cheese brain it will be like reading them for the first time. Granted, the side pictures won't be there, but whatever was embedded will be. With six years' worth of Prevuze wit, one or two a day should get me by nicely for quite a while.

Since my word verification isn't giving me anything to work with today, I'll sign off with a brief ditty from one of my all-time UN-favorite movie/musicals:

So long, farewell, aufedersein, goodbye.
Adieu, adieu to you and you and youuuuuu.
Doo, do de doot doot do do do.
Doot, do de doot doot doooooooo
.

6:00 AM  
Blogger Judith said...

Oh. Crap. I am really going to miss you.

Word verification: sessal

Sounds about right.

8:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I, also, will miss your wit, humor and the recap of DOOL. Will you identify at least a state where the compound has been located in, just for our inquiring minds? Or your gender, not that it would make a difference, but it would be interest to know the gender of the person who created all of that remarkable commentary. I have enjoyed the journey. THANK YOU!

11:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have loved reading Prevuze - In Australia we are so behind, Sami has only just found out that Sydney is HER baby! Will really miss your brilliant, humourous blog. :-(

12:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I sure wish you would reconsider. As someone already said, we don't care if your blog is posted after the episode has aired. You will certainly be missed!

4:02 PM  
Blogger JenH said...

I've really enjoyed my time here. If it has to end, that was one hell of a send off.

Thanks for the snarkery.

5:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a sad way to start 2011 :( I'm really going to miss this blog. Thank you for keeping it going for so long. It's been my morning routine for a few years, so this is going to take some getting used too.

Take care!

6:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sigh...I saw this coming but I still scream, "NOOOOOO!". I'm a long time DOOL viewer (been watching since I was 12 and now am 46!) and I don't think I've watched a single episode this past year or two that I've read your blog (ok, except the Alice funeral - I had to watch that epi) because of your wit and your total understanding of the characters (and how wacky the writers have made them!).

We'd love it if you'd reconsider, but understand if you have to go...I just wish you would stay!

6:49 PM  
Anonymous Lali said...

I think I saw this coming, but that doesn't make it any easier. What is there left to say that hasn't already been said? It's been a great ride, Prevuze, and you and your wonderful humor will be missed very much! Happy 2011 to you and to all the faithful DOOL followers.

9:02 PM  
Anonymous Betyar said...

Oh my...I never thought the day would come. But since you're going out of the Prevuze-ing bussiness, perhaps you might want to start something new that you enjoy doing, and who knows, you might have a following there too. Intelligent free thinking minds tend to flock together. I so enjoyed your daily posts, esp. the day ahead ones...thanks for the snark and for letting us voice our opinions freely. You will be missed...

10:56 PM  
Blogger BetseyD said...

Hi. I am a long-time reader of Prevuze, but have never posted, until now.

First of all, I just want to commend you on the great job you have done here, over the years, with your brilliant postings! I have to agree with the others who state that they don't care whether or not you are a day ahead, a day behind, or whatever. Many times I have read a whole week's worth of postings at once - and truth be told - I kind of enjoy watching first, and reading after. I actually enjoy your take on the same stupid scenarios that I have already witnessed on the show, and I have found it entertaining (hilarious, actually) when you poke fun at the same things I have already found ridiculous. Somehow, it seems to validate my own view of DOOL.

Secondly, I just wanted to let you know what a bright spot in my days (or weeks, as it were) your Blog has been. Personally, I have experienced a horrible past couple of years, yet your Blogs would never fail to coax more than a few really good laughs out of me - even on my darkest of days. For that alone, I just wanted to come on here today, first to thank you, second, to let you know how much I have enjoyed your tremendous wit over the past few years, and lastly, how much I will miss you!

As they say - all good things must come to an end. Unfortunately.

Take care, and please, as many others on here have already stated, please reconsider and come back to us!

2:54 AM  
Blogger lee tom dotan said...

Thank you
I'm from a distant land far away
I didn't know to read English fluently
But then I came across your blog
You changed my life
You gave me many smiles and the use of English language

Thanks
lee
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_IloeQy0WcA

3:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the memories Prevuze. I will miss your blog as well as the regular commenters here. Now what will I read while eating lunch at my desk???

Word verification... waddefet. Waddefetting way for Prevuze to go out with an awesome recap of the past 6 years of DOOL!

6:47 AM  
Anonymous tanya said...

Like everyone else, I too am devastated. I have been reading for about 4 years and this is the best thing about DOOL!!! Your wit & sense of humor will be so so missed :o(

6:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow - my first thought was - Gee I slept through the first quarter of 2011 and it was April 1st. NO SUCH LUCK....Prevuze you have made my Daze happy. I guess the old saying - you don't know what you got until it's gone is true. You will be deeply missed. You could write about anything and it would be a pleasure to read your "prevuze" take on it. Please let us know if you are writing about anything else, it will be a pleasure to follow you on ANY subject. You are a great creative writer and you will be deeply deeply missed. and now a quote from that old song....
"From now one, you're someone that I used to know...." sorry don't remember who sang it to give them credit. signed Heartbroken.... but deeply grateful for what you have done for us!

7:29 AM  
Anonymous Teresa said...

I am so very sorry to see you go! I was a relatively new comer (over the last year) but absolutely loved your comments (much better than the show anytime!). I have found another site that is able to do the days ahead (link attached) but I still came to you every afternoon as well just to read your inserts. Thank you for all your hard work over the years - "retire" in peace but know that you will be missed! ! !

http://www.dayscafe.com/

7:30 AM  
Anonymous I Challenge You To A DOOL said...

Thank you for everything, Prevuze!

7:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That was so funny, you will be missed!

8:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bonus points for the Dallas reference and the squinting reference! I will miss this ole blog!

8:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm devastated. I've been reading and looking forward to Prevuze for at least 3 years. I only learned about it otherwise I probably would have been here from the beginning.
I do know what you mean though about posting a recap of the show that's been aired. Although a hoot... it's not as exciting as reading about something that hasn't happened yet. So for keeping it up even since September... I commend you! Thank you for all the great snarky remarks... it's what made Prevuze what it is, was and will always be!!

For those that are looking for a straight forward peep into a day ahead glimpse you can get it at www.dayscafe.com
They post day ahead shows without the ad-libbed comments unfortunately... but the info of the show is there. It's just not as entertaining. :-)

Thanks Prevuze!!

8:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.......I will miss you!!!!!!!!!!!!

9:30 AM  
Anonymous NeeNee said...

As Mr. Bill used to say:
"Oh, noooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!"

Fully understand; but like others, totally bummed by your decision.
I've watched DOOL since 1967 and have been reading Prevuze for about 3 years. Whoever mentioned going through the archives---great idea!

I tape the show daily on a resurrected VCR, and currently am about 5 weeks behind. Lately, said dinosaur VCR has been trying to eat tapes, and sometimes I have to reach inside and give a little tug to get the cassette out. Hubby says this is equivalent to a death rattle. When you're 62, new technology such as DVR-ing doesn't come easy. So maybe when the VCR dies, it will coincide with my decision to finally quit Days.

You could have a brilliant future as an Entertainment Tonight pundit, Prevuze. Talent such as yours rarely comes along. As Fox News says, "Fair, balanced and unafraid"!

Additional link to DAYS:
http://www.soapoperafan.com/days/index.html

(word verification:
lecifin. "End of Lexi"??)

9:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks so much Prevuze. Good luck with whatever you choose to do with all of that spare time.
Thanks for dealing with technical difficulties I can only imagine, no matter where you were posting from.

It's been fun.
Amber

12:04 PM  
Blogger MissScarlett said...

OMG! Please tell me this is just a dream! In all seriousness I don't know how I will get through my "Days" from now on...you give me something wonderfully fun to look forward to in the long afternoons at my desk. What a sad, sad day :( I guess we can't blame you for wanting your own life, right? We will truly miss you for "All the Days of Our Lives"! (Sniff) And remember we will still (say it with me) Be Here For You if you decide you've made a terrible mistake and can't live without us!

12:45 PM  
Blogger Viva LaDiva said...

Oh, Prevuze, I will surely miss your snarkiness! Please continue on with the Twitter page at least! Good luck to you (and Norris) in 2011!!
-Silvershyne

1:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

NeeNee... DVR is hardly as hard as you think it might be. The company will come and hook it up and show you how to record. It's really as simple as finding the show in the menu and pressing select. You can make it so it records everyday at the same time just like a VCR... except it's better! No more tapes to get eaten!!

Enjoy!

1:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for the many years of laughter!

2:16 PM  
Blogger jen h said...

thanks for the laughs, and for posting my pictures back when i still had some funny ideas...it's hard to believe that you were able to do this five days a week and keep it so hilarious.

seriously, thanks.

jenni

3:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I echo the comments of so many of your faithful. Thank you for providing many hours of entertainment over the years. You will truly be missed.

4:36 PM  
Blogger JenH said...

Can we get this post in a font small enough to fit on a t-shirt? Because I would wear that sucker to tatters.

9:59 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Now my days (pun!) will be woeful!

:(

D:

:[

There aren't enough sad faces!

12:05 AM  
Blogger Firstfall said...

I feel like we lost Hunter S Thompson all over again - a bright light has faded from my life.

You will be missed.

6:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, what a sad day this is, but you've been hinting at it for a while now. Thanks for all your efforts to keep things going, i can't imagine it's been easy. You truly are gifted at what you do, I think DOOL should offer you a job as head writer!

I would like to know what other sites the regular posters will go to now (ne Applecheeks, Leslie, Bulldog, Klaus, Betyar etc) as your input is always entertaining as well.

12:44 PM  
Anonymous Betyar said...

The only other site I post on is the DOOL page on the NBC.com site. Of course, we have to keep the snark in check, and the profanity at a minimum(PG 13 and all)...drat! And I'm sure I'll be censored for some of my opinions, because God forbid some of us "think outside the box", and have gotten over the "rape" issue. In all honesty, I don't give a ratt's ass about censorship and so I will continue to post my opinions just as before. I also think JS is hot as hell and I don't care what he's guilty of in his past on DOOL, as long as I can see him act. Hope to see some of you guys there, for I shall also miss some of my favorite Prevuze regulars...:)

5:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG! im gonna miss this blog! u brought so many laughs when i read prevuze i bust out laughing n my kids always go what? what is it? im getting a lil teary ive been reading this blog for 2 years so thank you for not making me watch days :) if u ever wanna do more posts please do! u have fans that love this blog i hope one day u will get everything fixed again n start writing prevuze again! until then thank u and ttfn :)

6:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Prevuze was like DOOL meets SNL.LOL

I will truly miss you,as we all will.

Maybe someday you will be back again I hope.Let us know if you are blogging somewhere else because I love your writing.Oh and yes your snarking.You are very talented,so I hope you can but it to good use.Hollywood needs a good writer,like you.

5:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh no :-( Ive read this site for years but never posted. I dont even watch the show anymore because the site is better than the show! lol. You are going to be missed

6:58 AM  
Anonymous Jessy said...

WAIT!!!!!! I got a digital box for Xmas and was just about to write to you to see if I could send you the feed. The other recaps are BORING! Please let me know!

7:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I so agree with all of the comments. I will miss your creativity and comments. What talent! If you do anything else, please let us know.

8:36 AM  
Blogger Lea Martin said...

Awwwww man!! I haven't watched this show for years because your updates are better than the tv show!!! Crap! I'm so sad that you're leaving but wanted to say thank you for your time and contributions. You all will be sooooooooooo missed. Happy Journeys to you!!

11:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for all of your wonderful creativity and snark! I really looked forward to your blog everyday! Thanks for making Days ahead so much fun.

I hope you are able to channel all of your creativity and snark into some other outlet! You can't let that go to waste! You have to share it with the world!

12:15 PM  
Blogger Rikita said...

It's a sad sad day to click to your site and see your snark is ending. Can't you stay and be here for us for all of the days of our lives? Oh hell. I'll miss your witty pics the most. It's true. Nothing good ever lasts.

Thanks for brightening our Days.

3:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for all your hard work in creating the blog. It will be missed.

3:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh first of all thank you for all your work..it was refreshing to have some really sharp and good snarky humor about a little soap opera..the most important is always to never take things (even more fictional and soap operaish things..lol) seriously..and you did an awesome work at it..so really thank you Prevuze..i will miss you.

Otherwise just a little tiny question : why always talking about the so called rape about Ejami but never about Ej trying to kill at least twice Nicole, abusing her during most of their relationship..or about Ej torturing Steve..or about Lucas trying to kill Ej..yeah a shot in the back remember..or about Lucas abusive talking towards Sami during most of their relationship..hum ?? Don't finish with some double standards Prevuze..you are so much better than this..anyway i flove you and your blog but i had to say it..

6:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been reading you every day since the beginning. I find myself still coming everyday even though I know you won't have anything new to say. I just keep looking at the last post like it will magically change. I am so sorry to see you go; you will be truly missed. I find myself having to watch entire episodes now instead of fast forwarding. Perhaps the shows ratings will go up since we all have to watch again.

7:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad to see I'm not alone. I too keep opening the site page every single day hoping this wasn't really happening! :( I find myself watching the show and trying to choose which crazy line of dialogue Prevuze would use as the opening title....sigh....I'm still in an adjustment phase (maybe it's mourning!) Miss you Prevuze..soooo much!!

10:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been hoping that one day I will wake up and this will have been a dream (nightmare really). Ugh, I don't know if I can take this. I tried reading dayscafe.com that someone mentioned but it's SO BORING! Please, please, please..come back to us!!

1:25 PM  
Blogger Applecheeks said...

I come daily to see what new comments have been posted (up to #71, wow!!). As noted I also come in to read Prevuze from the beginning. I'm about half-way through January 2005 now.

It's amazing how Prevuze developed over the years. Back in the "old DAZE" there are no pictures. No italics (you have to know your snark to figure out what is a prevuism and what isn't).

Prevuze didn't know all the characters yet so we get monikers like "Teen Slut (TS)" for Chelsea and UB (Uniform Boy) for Philip since he was constantly wearing his uniform back then. John is JR and Bart is "Toady".

Episode titles haven't yet come from the show itself, but the trademark Prevuze slant on DAYS is loud and clear.

Word verification: herroin
As in, I may need a daily shot of herroin to make it through my DAZE without Prevuze!

PS Back in 1/05, John is going through his junkie phase. How appropriate! LOL

6:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for your unique input on this program. While I enjoyed the day before, I looked forward to your daily recaps. You will be missed. OH NO...now we have to watch the show! Please keep tweeting. Good luck to you.

5:42 PM  
Blogger JenH said...

AppleC, I am doing the same, coming back to read comments. I haven't started from the beginning yet though. But I have noticed something.

I think Brady is trying to channel RoboJohn sometimes. His walk, his stance. While not in his manner quite yet--I could see it growing on him. I am completely behind booze turning him into a RoboBrady, and think it's exactly what the whole thing needs.

You know, in addition to Sikairik.

10:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So long, darling, thanks for all the fish <3
- billyjill

7:36 PM  
Anonymous Countrygal said...

Sorry to hear about your "retirement"!

Thank you for all of the many laughs and giggles you have provided us over these past years; and thanks for posting my show caps, too!

Enjoy 2011 - and we, your readers, for some unknown reason, will probably continue on to "embrace to lunacy of DOOL", but it won't be as much fun without you and your posts.... :-)

1:27 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I have faithfully checked out your blog every day and it is one of the high points of my life. Your snarky humor is wonderful. I recently went through treatment for cancer and you have brought so much laughter into my life. You will be missed so much. Good luck in the future and thanks so much for all of your time and effort.

5:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just checking just in case you came back to us. Miss u so Much

12:20 PM  
Blogger bl said...

Thanks for all you did for all of these years. You will be missed!

4:20 PM  
Anonymous Pamlau1 said...

Prevuze tell me it isn't so! NO!!! YOU are the best- many have already told you all the great things that you have provided for us your readers. Thank you so much for your style of unbiased bashing and sense of humor. YOU need to find a new show- you know we'd be instant followers.
I love your recap of the past few years. It makes me wonder why I would watch a show like that! LOL Oh that's right, I was real young then but I remember watching that Dallas show when we all found out it was a Dream- it really was the best twist ever.
The best wish now would be if September was a dream and you never lost your feed and were playing an April Fools joke on us!
We loved you- I don't think that Days realizes what this loss means to them. You've helped us get through some rough spots thru the years. Thank YOU! Good luck to you and your newfound freedom.

7:54 PM  
Anonymous Heartbroken In Salem said...

Sniff sniff.....

I say let's keep pestering Prevuze with comments and maybe s/he will take mercy on us. I think maybe s/he should up & move the compound to where they can get the day ahead feed again. C'mon, take one for the team! ;)

Seriously, thanks pal.

3:34 PM  
Blogger Natalie said...

Loved your post & pictures w/captions. Sorry you will not be posting any longer. I sure did enjoy your blog. It made me laugh.

Knat

5:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been reading your blog daily for years. I came over when another day ahead stopped posting. At first, I didn't like the extra comments. I thought I just wanted to know what was happening in the show. But then, as I read what you added it became a highlight. Countless times I have laughed and laughed over the snark. I was so sad to read that you are hanging up your hat. I keep coming back hoping that you have changed your mind. I have always wondered how many "lurkers" were out there not posting, just reading and enjoying. Thank you for all your time and effort on keeping us up-to-date with the show. I haven't watched for years because of your blog. And I don't think I have missed a thing by reading instead of watching! Thanks for the creativity. It will be GREATLY missed.

(I am going to keep checking back in case you get a little time off and decide to come out of retirement. :) )

7:04 AM  
Anonymous felis said...

ill miss you

3:42 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Please say it isn't so! I loved this blog! I do hope you make time to come back! I especially loved your pictures and your weekend captions! So creative! I always read Prevuze for your comments...Thanks for doing it!

9:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for all of the wonderful blogging! I became a stay at home mom for a while so I was watching the show for real and today thought I would check out the comments on the new storylines only to find out that you have retired! I just wanted to let you know that I really enjoyed all of the jokes, spoilers and special couple names that you have provided through the years. Great Job, I will miss the updates :)

11:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just dropped in to say I miss you!
3/29/2011

6:24 AM  
Blogger JenH said...

Same here! Especially with EJs recent discovery of the loveofhislifeforatleastsixweeks. Because that's just poor form, even for Days standards.

1:37 PM  
Anonymous Dominokey said...

It's June, 2011, and out of sheer desperation, I have been subjecting myself to Days Cafe for the last six months. In case you were wondering, it's so ridiculous over there that you could almost blog about the dang blog. Besides the fact that the place is crawling with sleazy pop-up ads, this person is apparently obsessed with the fact that Will is gay. She has these bizarre monikers for all the characters - Black Widow Kate and Stefano the Phoenix, for instance (although personally, I think "Stef-n -Ho" is far superior) - so maybe Will's new nickname will be Gay Boy or Fairy Pants. Worse, she actually says things like, "Aye," and, "What's hot, hot, hot," and, "Alas, 'tis the fair Taylor..." It's bad enough that Days itself is absurd, but to then have to listen to someone wax poetic about it is almost more than I can bear. Please come back, Prevuze!!!

9:07 PM  
Blogger Prevuze said...

Sorry, I lost access to the day-ahead feed. Besides, using "nicknames" was one of my favorite tricks. For example, I used to call Chelsea "Teen Slut," Chloe was "ClHOe," back in the day, John was always "John-Roman" or "JR" because of the actor playing both roles, Brady was "BB" or "Brady-Brady" and on and on...

4:32 AM  
Anonymous DonnaCarol said...

AH HA... Prevuze is still alive! I keep checking back occasionally also, just to see if anything is new. Prevuze, please don't ever take this site down. I like to come back once in a while and re-read your "encore of encores." Truly, priceless!! Although Brady-Brady is one of your best nicks, Stef'n'Ho is an absolute classic!!!

5:24 PM  
Blogger Kathleen said...

August 22, 2011 Still wishing you would come back Prevuze. Miss you.

7:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sep 22 2011. Now that the old characters are back, I checked hoping Prevuze would be too. Miss you and hope you're enjoying your "retirement"

6:38 PM  
Blogger JenH said...

I was hoping just the same! I gather there have been writing changes, and they're doing clean-up and moving forward.

Maybe we'll get lucky, and Rafe will fall down an elevator shaft so I can get my EJammies back on!

9:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Come back. My days are humorless without you.

1:03 PM  
Anonymous Michelle S. said...

1-13-12 I don't even DVR the show anymore. :( Amazing what one year can to do!!

8:04 AM  
Blogger JenH said...

I think it Days has improved a lot! The new sets are a good addition, but the spa scenes are getting sillier. I like Alice's mystery, Will's weeping, and just overall have enjoyed the show more. It would be better with Prevuze, though.

5:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Blogarama     Globe Of Blogs