Monday, October 25, 2010

The Day My Sump Pump Broke

Unfortunately, we've lost the DOOL satellite, perhaps permanently. While everyone who uses the feed is continuing to assess the situation, I am, in conjunction with Barb at the Salem Spectator, asking for a Canadian reader, or someone in the US who can receive the Canadian broadcast, to help by recording and uploading the show. That way, our blogs will remain at least a bit ahead in the US. If you think you can help Prevuze and other blogs, please contact me at prevuze@gmail.com. Thanks.

Victor is in the Kiriakis den. Maggie comes in and tells him she got his message, "It sounded important."

"If the message is from me," says Victor, "It's always important." He gets right to the point, "Maggie, I love you. I know you don't feel the same way yet, but I'm a patient man. I could wait another five or ten seconds for you to decide you love me."

Oh, Victor," sighs Maggie, "Don't you know..."

Vivian rushes into the den, wielding a knife...

PLUNGE!

Victor gasps, "Good God, woman, what have you done?

Vivian holds up the bloody knife, "If I can't have you, no one can."

Suddenly, Vivian wakes up in the sarcophagus, "Oh, it was only a dream... a lovely dream. Now I just have to get out of here so I can make it a reality."

Nicole paces outside Maggie's door talking on the phone with Victor, who tries to talk her into some scheme. Nicole says, "I don't think it's going to work."

Maggie walks up, "You don't think what's going to work."

Will walks up to the nurses' station and tells the nurse there he's got to talk to her about something.

Dr. Jason says Arianna made it through the surgery, but they have to monitor her. Rafe asks, "What are the chances she won't be the same again?"

"She'll be running off at the mouth again in no time, says Dr. Walters.

EJ is in the room with Arianna, "You gave us quite a scare."

Arianna shifts her eyes in his direction, "I have to tell you something... I have proof."

"Proof of what," asks EJ.

"That the speed limit outside the pub should be 15 mph."

For some reason no one will ever be able to figure out, Maggie invites Nicole inside. Nicole wonders why she let her in. "One of Salem's notorious citizens comes calling on me at this hour of the night," says Maggie, "My life hasn't been this exciting since the day my sump pump broke." Nicole tells her Brady sent her over there. Maggie doesn't buy it, "He's been avoiding me like the plague recently, so... you wanna tell me the truth?"

"The plague," asks Nicole, "I doubt it. Brady's not afraid of any disease... or else he wouldn't be having sex with me."

Dr. Walters tells Rafe about Arianna's injuries, "She suffered blunt-force trauma. When you see her, she may have trouble speaking."

"Every cloud has a silver lining," says Rafe. Dr. Walters also says Arianna may have trouble remembering things that happened right before the accident. Rafe flashes back to Sami telling him about the recording, "Drat the bad luck."

EJ asks, "Are you in pain?"

"Only because you're here," says Arianna."

"You say you have proof," says EJ, "Is it proof that Will or Samantha shot me?"

Arianna whispers, "I know everything."

Maggie wants to know why Nicole is there, "I know you didn't come over here for a piece of carrot cake."

Nicole's eyes light up, "Do you have carrot cake? I love carrot cake." Maggie rolls her eyes, but pulls out a piece of carrot cake to bribe Nicole to keep talking. "Victor sent me here," says Nicole, "because he thinks he loves you... uh... do you have a fork?" Nicole eats the cake and continues, "I'm supposed to be here to influence you... to love him back."

Victor is back with Vivian. Vivian rambles about losing him to Maggie. "You can't lose me," says Victor, "You never had me. The only reason I agreed to marry you was Bo said he'd kill you if I didn't, and I didn't want to be visiting my son bastard in prison."

Abe walks Theo in the park. Theo carries a pumpkin and Abe asks, "Do you know what they call a pumpkin with a face carved on it and a candle inside?"

"A statue of the mayor?"

Lexie rushes up, "Oh, my two favorite people in the world!" Abe looks around to see if Tek Kramer has suddenly shown up. Lexie gives him an update on Arianna.

"Why do you look so sad," asks Abe."

"Because I thought Tek might show up after all," says Lexie.

Will concocts a story about a weird woman who was in the nursery staring at the babies and crying. The nurse leaves to check it out because the last time Salem Hospital security guards checked out something like that they wound up raffling off the babies. Will rushes over and snatches Arianna's purse. Gabi walks up, "Will, what are you doing? Is this my sister's purse?"

"No," says Will, "It's her 2011 Ferrari."

Rafe walks into Arianna's room and finds EJ, "What the hell are you doing in this room."

"It's the room I was in," says EJ, "I'm having a little trouble letting go."

Maggie scoops up the rest of the carrot cake and continues to grill Nicole, "How were you supposed to influence me?"

Nicole says she was supposed to make up some sob story so Maggie would go rushing over to Victor, "I know it's dumb, but hope springs eternal in the land of Victor. But I have to say, now that I've been living at the house again..."

"WHAT?"

"It was Brady's idea," says Nicole, "You'll have to ask him. But I've been spending more time around Victor and he seems different. He's lost his edge."

"Maybe he put it the same place he put his mind when he lost that," says Maggie."

Nicole says all Victor has been doing is moping around the Kiriakis mansion in his bathrobe, "I have a theory about that. It has something to do with Isabella."

Vivian wonders about Victor's future with Maggie, "Let's assume you do win her over... and then she finds out you locked me in a coffin. You're little romance with her will be over... permanently." Victor sighs.

Kinzie runs into Caroline and Sydney at the pub. Kinzie offers to take Sydney to the pumpkin patch. There's just no telling which babysitter Sydney will wind up with next. One thing for sure... it won't be her mother.

Will says he thought Arianna might want the purse when she wakes up. Gabi takes it and says she'll give it to her. Will suggests going for a walk, so Gabi, Will and the purse head for the park.

Rafe wants to know why EJ is there. Dr. Walters tells them to take it outside, "Mr. Hernandez is correct... only family members are allowed in Arianna's room." Arianna chimes in and begs EJ to stay.

Nicole reports that Victor has been spending a lot of time talking to the casket. "Isabella's," asks Maggie."

"No," says Nicole, "Pookie's – they were very attached." Nicole talks about what a lonely depraved zombie Victor has become and leaves.

Vivian says things won't be fun for Victor when Maggie finds out about her sarcophagization. Victor reminds Vivian she's not one to forget things and will probably want revenge, "You'll go straight to Maggie and then to the cops."

"I can't go to the police," says Vivian, "Bo wants to kill me and then you'll tell him about my plan to put Maggie in here."

Victor asks, "Is that your way of saying you'll leave Maggie and me alone?"

"God, no," snorts Vivian."I'll just pretend to return from my trip and come right back into your life. I know I'll never have your love, but I'll settle for the pleasure of your company. And your money. And no more flirtations with Maggie – That's over. And in return, I'll protect you."

Lexie updates Abe on Arianna's condition and says her situation reminds her just how precious life is, "I don't know what I would do if I lost you or Theo."

"We aren't going anywhere," says Abe, "Just like a DOOL plot." And voilà... it's a Carver family hug.

Back in her room, Arianna's awake. Rafe tells her not to wast her energy talking to EJ. EJ tells Dr. Walters, "There seems to be some kind of a situation here... what can we do?"

"I'll tell you what you can do," says Rafe, "You can get the hell outta here."

Suddenly, Arianna's machines go berserk. Dr Walters goes into action, "She's coding!" He turns to EJ and Rafe, "Get the hell out of here!"

Nicole strolls in the park and talks on the phone with Victor. She tells him she told Maggie a sob story about him grieving for Isabella, so Maggie would feel sorry for him. She says Maggie hopped in her car and is probably on the way to the mausoleum right now. As she gets off the phone Kinzie walks by with Sydney.

Vivian tells Victor she saw him talking on the phone and wonders if he's ready to let her out. Maggie shows up.

Back at the pub, Caroline tells Gabi and Will she has to go rescue Roman, "I hope Johnny and Allie haven't handcuffed him to a chair."

"Oh, come on," says Will, "I would think Roman could outsmart a toddler."

"Maybe," says Caroline, "But in this case... there are two of them."


Gabi falls apart. Sensitive Will steps in, hugs her and eyes Arianna's purse sitting on the table behind them.

Dr. Walters and the nurse kick EJ and Rafe out of Arianna's room as Ari vegetates.

Maggie beats up on Victor for sending Nicole on a mission to butter her up. Vivian watches and rolls her eyes as Maggie reminds Victor he's been very supportive about Mickey and she doesn't want him to be alone in his grief for Isabella. "I'm sorry I sent Nicole over," says Victor, "because you're here now and looking at me like this. And you're right. There's no way this can work. I'd like you to go — and don't ever come back." Vivian smiles.

Nicole gushes about Sydney. Kinzie says she thinks Sydney misses Nicole, too.

"I'd like to give Melanie a piece of my mind, but I ran out of pieces." -Chloe Lane-Black-Horton-Jonas

Out in the waiting area, EJ thinks Rafe is too calm while Arianna's life hangs in the balance. Calm is the only emotion Rafe has. "This worked out pretty conveniently for you and Samantha, didn't it," asks EJ.

"Not as conveniently as being able to dump the kids on Roman, Caroline and Kinzie," says Rafe, "but you'd better watch what you say to me right now."

EJ tells him Arianna called him earlier and said she had proof either Samantha or Will shot him, "But you already know that, don't you?"

"I know nothing," says Rafe. Truer words were never spoken. He says he does know EJ sneaked into Arianna's room and pumped her for info without giving a damn about how she feels.

"You're so busy with Samantha," says EJ, "You're the one who doesn't give a damn. If she dies in there... that’s on you." Rafe grits his teeth and tosses EJ across the room.

Back in the sarcophagus, Vivian likes what she has heard, "Yes! Show her the door, Victor."

Maggie, however says she's not leaving, "Let's go to the house."

"And then what," asks Victor, "get me my robe and hot water bottle?"

Maggie says, "I'm not treating you like an old man, Gramps." Victor says the worst thing about losing Izzy was that he was such a disappointment to her when she died. He says he's just glad she's not around to see what he's done. Isabella might have a different opinion about that. "What have you done," asks Maggie.

Kinzie tells Nicole she's sure Sydney misses her, "You were the only mother she had for a while and Sami has like a zillion other kids and doesn't even take care of them because she's too fragile or something."

"Selfish," says Nicole, "The word is selfish." Kinzie has to go, but says she'll bring Sydney back to the park tomorrow.

Back at the pub, Will tries to reassure Gabi. She goes to wash her face after all the crying. Will eyes the purse.

EJ springs back up...

ARE YOU READY TO RRUUMMMBBBLLLEEE...

Lexie and a guard come out and break up the fight. Rafe tells her Arianna went into cardiac arrest. Lexie tells a guard to keep an eye on the brats as she goes into Arianna's room.

"You heard what she said," says the guard, "Play nice." He leaves. So much for keeping an eye on them.

Rafe picks up his phone. "If you're thinking of calling Samantha to warn her," says EJ, "It won't do any good."

Rafe sneers, "I'm calling our mother, jackass."

"That's a terrible thing to call your mother," says EJ. He insists Arianna will make it and will tell him what happened.

Nicole looks at a picture of Sydney and decides she has to go on without her, "But how can I stop loving her or forget her?"

Victor reminds Maggie of the meeting she saw with Stefano, "You don't like the man I was that night. If Isabella could have seen some of the things I've done..."

"She'd love you anyway," says Maggie, "but you have a warm and loving heart." Victor thinks Maggie always knows the right thing to say. Vivian wails inside the sarcophagus.

Will gets up and accidentally on purpose spills the purse. No camera.

Dr. Walters comes out and tells Rafe he stabilized Arianna, but things are hopeless, "It's just a matter of time. If you want to call a priest, this is the time."

We pan in on poor, doomed Arianna.


NOTE – you can now follow Prevuze on twitter at: http://twitter.com/prevuze

Prevuze II has a video of the daily show previews, which should be available by noon (EST) on any given day. To see Prevuze II: CLICK HERE

8 Comments:

Blogger Applecheeks said...

I'm back from vacation. It's Monday. I couldn't wait until morning to get some Prevuze snark. I admit it - I was getting the John Black/Brady Brady/Prevuze-less withdrawal jitters.

Lexie comes up to Abe & Theo and remarks about her "two favorite men". Abe looks around to see if Tek Kramer has suddenly shown up.

The sideline judge throws a penalty flag on Prevuze for unsportsman-like conduct.

This Prevuism and Bulldog’s bedbug picture sent me into hysterical laughter:
”It's the room I was in," says EJ, "I'm having a little trouble letting go."

You've got to hand it to Victor. He's a master manipulator and Maggie is falling for it hook, line & sinker.

About the only interesting thing connected to Arianna's road-killization is the location of the recording device she had. If it got knocked somewhere during the accident the SPD must have done its usual half-assed job of looking over the crime scene.

TGFP! Can't wait to see the Bratfight.

11:29 AM  
Blogger MissScarlett said...

"I know nothing," says Rafe. Truer words were never spoken. Rafe sneers, "I'm calling our mother, jackass. "That's a terrible thing to call your mother," says EJ.

OMG, too funny! You are really on your marks today Prevuze! I'm goint go get busted because of giggling alone in my cubby! And love the bed bugs..Hilarious!

Way to go Caroline, handing Sydney over to that brat Kinsey.
I guess she's just burned out and has lost her senses. It must be rough trying to maintain the Sydney/Johnny/Ali/Cierra babysitting schedule, and run a business with homemade chowdah. Poor Woman.

I acuatlly get to watch the half the show at work during lunch and now have coworkers intrigued because I find it so funny. Explaining the half witted way Salemites deal with their lives is pretty challenging, but I always get a laugh. They keep asking how long " that woman" is gonna be in that coffin..its been 3 weeks already! It never fails that every charachter always makes the worst possible choice in any given situation...gotta embrace the lunacy that gives me such happiness!

12:49 PM  
Anonymous TNChargerFan said...

Who would have thought that the only person making sense would be Kinzie? I almost peed I was laughing so hard when she told Nicole that Sami was too "fragile" to take care of the kids. Caroline needs to screen her calls from now on. If it's Bo or Sami, don't answer, lock the doors to the pub, and hide!!

1:24 PM  
Anonymous Betyar said...

"Brady's not afraid of any disease... or else he wouldn't be having sex with me."...LOL funny! Brady must have a death wish! Sarcophagizing Viv and banging Nicole are sure proof of that!

"Oh, my two favorite people in the world!" Abe looks around to see if Tek Kramer has suddenly shown up...LMAO!! I just had a sudden vision of Lexie & Tek, back in the days! I wasn't watching Dayz regularly back then, but as I recall Lexie was doing Tek while everyone thought Abe was blind...Blind in more ways than one, I'd say!!!

"Will says he thought Arianna might want the purse when she wakes up. Gabi takes it and says she'll give it to her."...Gaby bought that??? I'm sorry, but how gullible can one be? I bet if you hook up any one of the Hernandez girls to an IQ-meter, the needle would have a hard time rising to the .05 line. Good grief!

...and here's more proof of that! "Arianna chimes in and begs EJ to stay."...wouldn't it be best if she preserved her energy so she could LIVE to tell EJ the truth?! What good is her information once she's dead??? Someone needs to give that girl her sign...

"I know I'll never have your love, but I'll settle for the pleasure of your company."...Vic's luck in love is inversely proportional to his luck with money. He might as well accept that he's stuck with Viv!

"Calm is the only emotion Rafe has"...LOL Prevuze! It took time to perfect his neanderthal stare!

"You're so busy with Samantha," says EJ, "You're the one who doesn't give a damn. If she dies in there... that’s on you."... Hmmmmm...I don't think so!!! That's on you, EJ! Rafe being busy with Samantha had nothing to do with Ari's death! Rafe wasn't the one to place Ari's life in danger. It was you who came up with the not-so-brilliant plan to find out who shot you. What next EJ?

Have a great Monday everyone!

3:42 PM  
Anonymous Bulldog said...

"Do you know what they call a pumpkin with a face carved on it and a candle inside?"

"A statue of the mayor?"
HAHAHAHA This is my favorite Prevuism today. They're sure struggling to come up with anything for the Carvers to do. After all, the one who's had the most action lately is Theo, who saved Ciara from the playground bully.

I gotta say, I saw the episode today and the bratfight didn't have near the oomph the catfight did! EJ and Rafe need to take some lessons from Sami and Arianna.

Only Vivian would start making demands of Vic before she's even out of the sarcophagus. I'm surprised he didn't walk out and never come back.

Loved the last picture and Pard maybe being able to unlock his handcuffs while watching Johnny and Allie.

Thanks for the recap and have a nice evening everyone! :D

4:03 PM  
Anonymous TNChargerFan said...

If Allie and Johnny got Pard cuffed, they should have taken his credit card and booked a flight far, far away. Maybe wherever it is Anna has disappeared to.

4:41 AM  
Anonymous imisspookie said...

So I was wondering...I missed a couple of Prevuze recaps. Has anyone determined that maybe Chelsea's back in town and she was the one who ran Arianna down? I'm just saying...she does have a track record!

6:48 AM  
Anonymous Judith said...

"She suffered blunt-force trauma."

And that was just Sami, then she got hit by a CAR!

9:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Blogarama     Globe Of Blogs