Monday, July 26, 2010

POOF!

Phillip and Melanie tumble into Maggie's kitchen mauling each other. As they writhe around in a mass of quivering and pawing flesh, there is a knock at the door. They ignore it and continue their heaving and panting until the knocking gets loud enough that the neighbors start answering their doors. Melanie finally breaks it off and opens the door to find Chloe, She's looking for Daniel. "I think something's wrong."

"You're thinking," says Melanie, "That's what's wrong."

Daniel and Carly are together in the waiting room. She reports Bo is sleeping and is fine. She wonders why Daniel came to see her last night, "Something is making you unhappy."

Daniel stammers, "The reason is... It's all gone to hell with Chloe."

Nicole reads her diary... "01 06 1X FE 9B." OMG! Such language on a family show!

Rafe reads the same stuff, "I'll figure this out... today!"

Brady shows up at Nicole's dingy hovel.

Rafe studies the diary, "So Nicole is using code." The man is an investigative genius.

Arianna interrupts, "Is this a bad time."

"Yeah," says Rafe, "it is. Unless you own a Jack Bauer decoder ring."

Kate reads Madeline's obituary. Stefano lectures her for reading it over and over. Kate says she's just thinking about what Chad is going through. Stefano agrees it's tragic, "We barely know the boy. But for us the effect of her death was a good one. POOF! No more threat!"

Kate flashes back to the birth certificate. Chad phones her, "We need to talk... in person... ASAP!"

Kate checks her calendar, "Hmmm... As soon as possible... for me that would be in about five years."

Rafe is playing the strong silent type. Arianna pries.

Daniel says Chloe doesn't want to marry him, "We're having a kid and she's hesitating."

"That can't be it," says Carly.

"What does that mean," says Daniel, "If you know what this is about tell me."

Chloe says she and Daniel got into a fight and starts to go. Phillip suggests she might like to talk about it. Melanie decides to go check on Bo and leaves. Right... like she wouldn't want to stick around and hear what that's all about. Chloe comes in and tells Phillip things are getting messy because they don't know who the father is, "Daniel thinks something is wrong and he thinks I'm stalling because I don't love him. If it weren't for wrecking your life I would have come clean by now." OMG! The woman's a saint! "I don't think we can keep this a secret any more, Phillip."

"Sure we can," says Phillip, "Everyone has forgotten I have an artificial leg."

Stefano smooches Kate and says he has to go. He tears up the obituary, "Now Madeline is in the past, too. We dodged a bullet, yes?"

Kate isn't sure. Stefano says his heart doesn't go out to people who try to ruin him. He says he's not responsible for Chad and has no compassion for him or his buffoon of a father. Kate agrees to be just as cold and callous as Stefano. He isn't sure she's sincere, "It's time that you learn how the DiMeras deal with their enemies. We don't coddle them, we don't cry for them, we obliterate them." He leaves.

Rafe says this is classified FBI business and he can't tell her anything about what he's doing. Arianna reminds him he's bent the rules before, "This is about EJ, isn't it?"

Brady has a pot of flowers and gets cynical about the place Nicole is living in. They chat about her "cozy" place, then hug. Arianna asks if he really wants a fresh start. Brady asks, "Would I be here if I didn't?"

All this talk has made Nicole thirsty. She goes for a soda. Nosy ole Brady sees her diary and picks it up.

Carly insists Chloe loves Daniel. Daniel isn't sure. Carly gets a page and leaves. Daniel stares. It's scenes like that which keep us coming back to this show again and again.

Chloe and Phillip have apparently cooked something up. Chloe says she can't do that, "I can't add another lie to all this."

Phillip says if the baby is Daniel's things will work out, "This may feel wrong now but ultimately you'll know it's right. And if it doesn't work out, we'll do what we always do, romp our way to happiness. Just do what I said to do."

Kate answers the door to find Chad. She invites him in. Chad thanks her for reaching out right after Madeline died, especially with the way his father treated him, "You have been so kind to me."

Kate hopes he's not blaming himself for Madeline's death, "You merely caused her to fall. The concrete caused her death."

"Concrete doesn't kill people," says Chad, "People kill people. I am blaming myself for her death. I can't move on until I understand about her past."

Melanie arrives at the hospital and finds Carly. She says she's there to check on Bo. Carly gives her an update. Melanie says she just wants Carly to be happy. That means a lot to Carly. Melanie says Carly should be able to take that for granted since she's her mom, "How could I not care?"

"Because you aren't exactly the most caring person," says Carly, "Unless you are the one you're caring about."

Daniel gets back to his place. Chloe comes in and congratulates him for saving Bo's life. Daniel gives it an 'aw shucks.' Chloe says she's there to remind him how much she loves him and insists her wanting to wait to get married has nothing to do with not loving him, "I'll tell you why and you're not going to like it."

Arianna insists this is about EJ, "That's why you're acting weird."

"I'm not acting," says Rafe, "What if I can show you EJ is not the man you think he is?"

Nicole comes out and sees Brady with the diary. She rushes over and grabs it from him. Whew! Just in the Nic-ole of time. Wouldn't want him reading things like, "01 06 1X FE 9B."

Stefano is at the pub with Will. He's reading something in a folder and modest insecure Will tells him it's just a rough draft. Stefano says he's done a fine job and when the internship is completed he wants Will to work for him part time. Will thinks this is incredible, "I'll work my ass... I mean my head off."

"Same thing," says Stefano. Stefano says he knows Will is going to be a great asset to DiMera Enterprises. Will says he hasn't told his mom about his internship. He says he hates being secretive. Stefano says, Keeping secrets is sometimes a way to protect those we love."

Chad says , "I heard my mom was a 'working girl' — I guess that's a nice word for 'hooker.'"

Actually," says Kate, "It's a nice word for whore, prostitute, slut, tramp, streetwalker, play-for-pay girl..."

"I get the idea,"
says Chad, "I don't know if the truth will make me feel better but I'll be blunt. Your past isn't exactly a secret so I was hoping I could ask you if it's true."

Chloe says she's been an emotional wreck. Tell us something we don't know. She hates that, but can't fight it. She saw what the miscarriage did to Nicole and keeps being tortured by all the things that could go wrong with her own pregnancy, "I'm scared — really scared. I haven't told you because I thought you wouldn't understand and would try to talk me out of being worried."

So that's the big scheme Phillip drummed up for her?

"I shouldn't have let myself feel that way," says Daniel, "I was insecure and insensitive and dumber than a bait box full of dead worms."

"No," says Chloe, "You were confused, but you have to know how much I love you and want us to be a family. So can we please just wait a month?"

Okey-Dokes. "But I need something from you," says Daniel, "Always tell me what you are thinking."

"Usually I'm not," says Chloe. Hugs.

Brady wonders why Nicole is so upset. She says because it's her diary and it's private. Brady wants to know if he's in it. He grabs it and she grabs it back. Staredown.

Over at Salem elementary, little Susie has a diary. Little Johnny sees it and wonders if he's in it. Little Susie says it's her diary and it's private. Little Johnny grabs it. Little Susie grabs it back. Staredown.

Arianna says she knows EJ isn't perfect, "I haven't been living under a rock. Just in prison. He does have a heart you know... OK I get it. I'm in the minority because I don't think he's a monster."

"If you're thinking," says Rafe, "That's why you're in the minority."

Brady insists he was kidding. Nicole says, "I'm a little humor-challenged these days." Brady asks why. "I'm not sure," says Nicole, "Especially since you're such a good friend and have always (say it with her) been there for me."

Brady says he doesn't like the place She's living in and offers to help her find a better place. Nicole don' wan' no stinkin' help.

Daniel brings Chloe tea. She apologizes for not being totally honest before. That's just peachy with clueless Daniel. He tells her he has a meeting with Melanie and has to go. Chloe says she knows Daniel will love their baby just as much as he loves Melanie. Darn, I was hoping he'd love the kid. Daniel says about an hour ago he was a complete wreck, but now he gets it. He thanks her for making him see the truth and understand. He leaves. Chloe whines, "Daniel you still don't see the truth."

Kate says Madeline loved Chad and that's all he should be thinking about. She stops him from digging any more.

Nicole says she's investing in some things that might be a little risky. Brady wonders if this involves EJ. She assures him it's nothing illegal and invites him to go to lunch, "Your treat, of course, or else we dine on whatever wild berries we can find." He agrees to meet later and leaves.

Nicole rambles, "Oh Brady, I love you so much, but have to secure my future and then I'll be set."

Rafe says he has to get back to work. Arianna leaves. EJ chuckles, "Give EJ the benefit of the doubt. As if! There is not doubt." He computes. Suddenly he gasps, "What do we have here?" I have no idea, but I hope he hasn't stumbled on Prevuze. I wouldn't want to have to start writing it at a third-grade reading level.

Melanie gets back to Maggie's. Daniel shows up. He reminds her their father-daughter date is today. Phillip scoots. Maybe he remembered he has a father-daughter/son date with Chloe's fetus. Daniel tells Melanie he and Chloe talked and everything is better. He gives Melanie a box. She opens it to find a pair of diamond earrings. Daniel jokes, "I decided earrings would be better than a T-shirt that said '#1 Nurse." That's true. At least the earrings aren't a ridiculous lie. Melanie wants to talk about Chloe. Daniel says, "We don't need to. Now everything is fine. I was just being dense." Talk about dense...

Heard over and over on race babe Stephanie Johnson's GPS as she competed in yesterday's Brickyard 400 race: "Recalculating... Recalculating... Recalculating..."

Chloe is with Carly. She tells her what she told Daniel, "I bought another month."

Carly asks what's on all of our minds, "A DOOL month or a regular month?"

Chad wonders if he and Kate can talk again. "Anytime," says Kate. Chad turns to leave, opens the door and finds...

STEFANO!

Phillip sits on the park bench, "Daniel, you bought another lie because of me. He flashes forward to arguing with Melanie about it...

She has a Mel-tdown, "You destroyed my life! And my father's!"

SLAP!

"We're done," screams Melanie.

Carly tells Chloe she has made arrangements for a paternity test, but to be cautious, they will do the test across town St. Mary's.

Daniel tells Melanie he has been asked to assist in a skin graft across town, "Would you like to come and assist — that will assure failure."

Of course Melanie wants to assist, "Where is it?"

It's at a hospital across town, "St. Mary's of the Holy Coincidence."

Kate says Chad stopped by to see if Will was there and she was just was offering her condolences to him. Chad leaves. Skeptical Stefano wonders why Chad would stop by to see Will especially since all the young'ns text these days. He suggests Kate stay clear of him. That's no problem for Kate.

Stefano warns, "We have to make Chad Woods go away. Understood?" He walks off. Kate sighs.

Nicole makes a call, "EJ it's me. We need to talk."

Rafe computes, "This is exactly what I'm looking for. Oh, Nicole, you are so busted."


NOTE – you can now follow Prevuze on twitter at: http://twitter.com/prevuze

Prevuze II has a video of the daily show previews, which should be available by noon (EST) on any given day. To see Prevuze II: CLICK HERE


7 Comments:

Anonymous Leslie said...

Rafe studies the diary, "So Nicole is using code." The man is an investigative genius.

Ok Sherlock – what was your first clue? This whole concept is just silliness. First of all, the code book could be listing all the weird places Nicole’s had sex, with whom, and what Kama Sutra position was used. Can Rafe say “starfish”?

Melanie decides to go check on Bo and leaves. Right... like she wouldn't want to stick around and hear what that's all about.

So true, so true. The least Melanie should have done was ask Maggie to rush home so she could take notes. By the way, why would Melanie have such a keen interest in Bo? With Carly and Daniel hovering over him, Bo doesn’t need a nursing student to check in on him.

"Sure we can," says Phillip, "Everyone has forgotten I have an artificial leg."

…and slow swimmers.

Arianna reminds him he's bent the rules before.

Who’s kidding who? When it suits his purpose, there isn’t a rule/law that Rafe won’t bend, brake, annihilate, and/or ignore.

“I am blaming myself for her death. I can't move on until I understand about her past."

I’m not sure how getting the 411 on the life of a two-bit ho of a mother will allow Chad to move on and stop blaming himself for her death.

"I was insecure and insensitive and dumber than a bait box full of dead worms."

Most excellent!! LOL!!!!!!!!!!

"What do we have here?" I have no idea, but I hope he hasn't stumbled on Prevuze. I wouldn't want to have to start writing it at a third-grade reading level.

Start out slow Prevuze. See Rafe run.

They will do the test across town St. Mary's.

…so there is a Catholic hospital in Salem. Catholic nuns running Catholic orphanages are usually affiliated with Catholic hospitals. Why wouldn’t a Catholic nun take a Catholic mother to a Catholic hospital to have her Catholic baby? Never mind – that ship sailed and sank long ago. Sigh.

Nicole’s code book – geez. Now Brady has gotten a look at it. Big deal. If Nicole needs a code book to remember where she hid all the tapes, she should have hidden the code book too. Oh wait – then she would need another code book to remind her where she hid the first code book. Never mind – part deux.

If Rafe has stumbled upon Prevuze, that means all the comments will also have to written on a third grade level. Look Rafe – see Prevuze.

6:18 AM  
Anonymous Betyar said...

Nicole reads her diary... "01 06 1X FE 9B." OMG! Such language on a family show!...I'd penalize her Prevuze!...Make her surrender the diary to Rafe, who will surely take 2 weeks off the show to analyze the data himself and check for mathematical accuracy! What??? You say he can have the FBI do that in 2 minutes??? Shoot...and I thought I had perfect solution. Back to the drawing board....

"It's time that you learn how the DiMeras deal with their enemies. We don't coddle them, we don't cry for them, we obliterate them."...I like how Stefano thinks! I'd like to add a couple of names to his list...

Phillip says if the baby is Daniel's things will work out"...so Chloe's little de-braification is of no consequence? Till her next romp...

"I am blaming myself for her death." ...I have played the blame game far too long myself. I now know how one can impact another's life for good or for bad. It's scarry really, the power some of us have over other people's lives. But, I've learned a long time ago to take the good with the bad, and to learn from the past so that I don't make the same mistakes again. And ulitmately we have to forgive ourselves, that's what the other person would want us to do. That's always been the hardest for me...I think they've forgiven me long before I could forgive myself. I always thought I was this perfect person, and then I made a couple of decisions that altered the lives of people in ways I never knew possible. To save myself I had to harm another...but you have to make decisions in life. It's survival of the fittest out here and it seems that only the strong survive. I don't like it, but I have to accept it. I'm learning I have to forgive myself, because others are dependent on me for their happiness. At best, I have to be strong for them. In Christianity, one can attone for the past just by admitting their mistakes and making amends. I like the idea. It makes sense in our imperfect world. I hope you can too...

"What if I can show you EJ is not the man you think he is?"...I know EXACTLY the kind of man he is. But we shouldn't judge anothers too harshly. None of us are perfect. I don't believe in casting stones...

6:46 AM  
Anonymous Bulldog said...

You make an excellent point, Leslie. If there's a Catholic hospital across town how come the ever faithful Catholic Bradys don't use that one?

What a time-wasting episode this one was (I mean even more than usual). But I should get thru it it pretty fast by zapping any Chloedan/Phloe scenes.

And why is Rafe bothering with Nicole's code? When he found it he mumbled something about it taking two minutes for the FBI guys to decipher it. This is just idiotic.

I'm still laughing over Stephanie's recalculating Brickyard GPS. Although the thought that she, EJ and Max gave up the racing life to live in Salem is even more laughable.

Loved the elder folks picture. Great Prevuze to get us going on a Monday. Thanks!

7:02 AM  
Blogger Applecheeks said...

It's scenes like that which keep us coming back to this show again and again.

No, it’s snark like this which keeps us coming back to Prevuze as the preferred alternative to watching that drivel.

Here’s a big fat HUH?!:
Chad says , "I heard my mom was a 'working girl' ……I was hoping I could ask you if it's true."

Madeline TOLD him it was true! Does Chad think his mom lied to him about it as a practical joke or something?

"What do we have here?" I have no idea, but I hope he hasn't stumbled on Prevuze. I wouldn't want to have to start writing it at a third-grade reading level.

Now, don’t go insulting third-grade readers. They could be some of your biggest fans, Prevuze. ;-)

LOL – Stephanie’s GPS at the Brickyard.

It's at a hospital across town, "St. Mary's of the Holy Coincidence." OFPS! And ROFLMAO

Bulldog is co-rect! This entire episode is destined to be deleted from my DVR unwatched and unloved.

TGFP providing the faithful with great recaps of an unwatchable show!!

7:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just because a church name has the word "St." in it does not necessarily mean that it is Catholic, it could very well be an Anglican church instead.

Sorry, didn't mean to be "araynal"..word verification

12:31 PM  
Blogger Prevuze said...

Betyar, that's WAY above 3rd grade level. If Rafe is reading this, you may have to provide a translation.

2:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Betyar, I kind of know how you and Chad feel.I had a very similar experience to Chad's E

xcept it wasn't my mom, we weren't arguing, and she didn't die.

She did fall down a long flight of stairs and have to be rushed to the hospital in an ambulance, though. It reminds me of what you said because she grabbed me as she lost her balance. I shrugged her off because I didn't want to fall too.

That was 14 years ago and I still feel guilty about it.

7:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Blogarama     Globe Of Blogs