Saturday, July 17, 2010

Madeline's Series Of Unfortunate Events

Madeline Peterson-Woods lost her life this week as she was on the verge of advancing her career with an appellate judgeship. Such tragedy. She went from struggling law student to being a ho in Stef's Stable, to an accomplice in the murder of a congressman, to judge. She was about to take another step in her meteoric, if not unusual, rise when her life was cut short at the Salem Pier. For those of you who found this thrilling story to be too fast-paced and exciting to take in one sitting, here is a short recap:

Will overheard Madeline and Kate talking about their history as "career girls," and promptly went and blabbed to Chad. Chad confronted Madeline and they argued at the dock.

Chad stomped off. Madeline chased him up the stairs. Chad took a reactionary swipe at her as he told her to get away from him. Madeline fell.

Chad ran back down the steps to check her out. It was there his mother, crushed from her fall, uttered her last immortal words.

Inconsolable Chad, replete with regret, waited beside his mortally wounded mother while the ambulance came.

They rushed Madeline to the hospital where Chad desperately wanted her to understand... no harm, no foul.

Then, sadly, Lexie broke the devastating news to Chad and Charles, telling them DOOL elected not to renew her contract.

I'm sure there is a lot more to come with this story. But for now, the work week is over and we have time to ourselves to do what we really want to do.

Carpe Weekend!

Oh, and by the way, if you happen to spew a few expletives and threats at your mom this weekend, take a page from Chad's book and make sure she knows it's all rhetoric. Either that or keep her away from staircases.

NOTE – you can now follow Prevuze on twitter at: http://twitter.com/prevuze

Prevuze II has a video of the daily show previews, which should be available by noon (EST) on any given day. To see Prevuze II: CLICK HERE


8 Comments:

Blogger LeeLeigh said...

This has been one of the most exciting SLs ever! the pace was buzzing and I couldn't keep up. thank goodness I could count on Prevuze to replay everything for me, capturing every exciting moment. I relished reading it all. I'm so drained that now I must go lie down. but I do not know if I can sleep, because my mind and heart are racing. does anyone know the name of that doctor who gives out sleeping pills like they're candy to Hope & Abe??????

3:50 AM  
Anonymous Betyar said...

Oh my, to kill off such a "non-gifted" x-whore...I don't know how the show will survive!!! LOL!

Carpe week-end to you too Prevuze! I think I'll spring for that extra doughnut for my mother's breakfast this morning(fancy!) just to "celebrate her life". I'm off to Dunkin for 2 ice-latte's and 2+1 doughnuts!

5:07 AM  
Blogger Prevuze said...

Carpe week-end to you too Prevuze!

Well, thank you very much. And you're right, I may do some fishing, but probably for bass rather than "carpe." I find that to be a bit tough, but since it's the weekend and since you brought it up, here's my father's special recipe for carp:

1. Clean the carp well and place on a freshly cut pine board.

2. Liberally baste with butter.

3. Preheat oven to 325°.

4. Place board and carp on the center rack.

5. Bake 90 minutes, basting with butter regularaly.

6. Remove from oven and let cool fifteen minutes.

7. Throw the carp away and eat the pine board.

Please speak up if you hadn't heard that one before...

~*~*~*~ crickets ~*~*~*~

That's what I thought.

Prevuze — Best cooking and lame joke site on the Internet.®

6:13 AM  
Anonymous Leslie said...

Madeline - we hardly knew ye! To know, know, know her was to love, love, love her, and we did - or not. Spending a lot of time eulogizing Madeline is probably a waste of energy. After all, this is Salem, and she could be coming back from the dead shortly.

Thanks for the Saturday refresher Prevuze. Madeline's stay was so short I probably zapped through most of it. I plan to seize every bit of gusto out of this weekend. It's too bad Madeline can't join me. For everyone else, have a great one!!!!!!!!

6:21 AM  
Blogger Applecheeks said...

That's the best darned recap of a recap of a blitzkrieg storyline I've ever read.

All of the pictures were inspired, although a personal favorite was the swan dive off the stairs.

Thank you, Prevuze. That was aunsom*

*word verification

8:06 AM  
Anonymous Bulldog said...

My favorite was the Tony DiMera memorial pallet. Which I was going to do a picture on, too, but my computer is messed up at the moment. So I almost did a spit take on that one and the swan dive.

Is that one picture from when Lexie is telling Chad and Charles that Madeline was a goner? Because it looks like they're both about to laugh. Well, I guess that's about all you could do if Lexie was your doctor.

Groaner on the joke. We all knew what was coming. HAHAHA

Thanks for the laughs to take our minds of the 125 degree heat and humidity, Prevuze. And happy rest of the weekend everyone. :D

12:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Betyar, how do you know she was a bad w.hore?

1:31 PM  
Anonymous Betyar said...

Anon, I have this 6th sense about things...trust me, Maddie was not cut out for the "profession"...

Prevuze, thanks for the carp recipe...I'm a decent cook myself, but I've never heard of your version before...lol!!! And since I don't do the camping thing often(I'm more the luxury hotel type, I prefer the in-suite jacuzzi over the outdoor-zy port-o-toilet)...but the next time I venture to go camping I'll remember your recipe. It might come in handy!!!

3:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Blogarama     Globe Of Blogs