Friday, June 11, 2010

I Like To Watch Car Crashes

Melanie rushes into Maggie's kitchen yammering about being late. She's got some flowers for Chloe. Phillip wonders if she's changed her mind about Chloe. Melanie says, "If she makes my dad happy, then I'm happy."

Daniel pops his head in the door just at that moment, "I think you just made my wedding day." Hmmm... I must've missed the part where she said she was leaving town for good right after the ceremony.

Chloe flashes back. I can't tell exactly where or when the flashback occurs, since she and Carly have been having the same argument for weeks. Chloe comes in so they can have the same argument again. Chloe tells her she's sick of her and only made one mistake and Carly has been torturing her ever since, "I'm calling your bluff. I am not going to cave in to your self-righteous blackmail."

Baker and Nicole are in the poker dive. Baker tells her to calm down, "EJ doesn't know what you did to the Hernandez girl. He's just blowing smoke. Nicole says Baker was more responsible than her and stomps out.

Brady is in the pub with Mr. Badguy asking him about the money clip. Mr. B says he saw the piece in a backroom poker game.

Shane and Rafe are down on the floor of their cell planning and plotting their prison break by solving some advanced algebra formulas. Rafe says, "We just might get out in time."

"For what," asks Shane.

"The advanced algebra competition at Salem University," says Rafe, "First prize is a slide rule."

People don't use slide rules any more," says Shane.

"I do," says Rafe, "Computers are for wimps."


EJ sits at his desk in the rumpus room and reminisces about kissing Sami. The flashback fades to Sami out in the foyer thinking about the same thing. Oh the cinematic artwork! EJ goes out, finds her and asks where she is going. She tells him she's off to see the contractors to make sure things are going smoothly with the work on her apartment. He tells her not to run away after what happened between them.

Baker chases Nicole down and catches her at the dock. He reminds her of her involvement in the crime, "We are both in this up to our respective tookuses." Nicole sighs and asks him what they should do. Baker says they keep EJ from finding reasonable doubt about evidence against Arianna.

Mr. Badguy says he doesn't pay attention to the faces at the poker table. EJ offers him a Franklin, "How is your memory doing now?"

Sami says running away form things like this is what she does. Her and all the other adolescents in town. She asks, "Do you still want me?"

Does a one-legged duck swim in circles? "Yes I do," says EJ. He brushes her hair. Closer...

Phillip says he has something to do at the hospital, like applying massive quantities of crazy glue to Chloe's lips. He leaves and Melanie says she got Daniel something. She hands it to him and he opens it to find a medallion. Melanie tells him its a medal for John Francis Bridges, the patron saint of marriage. Not one of your major saints, I guess. And I thought the patron saint of marriage was St. Elizabeth. Taylor, that is. Daniel is overcome with emotion, "You try to hide it but you're a very sweet girl." He's right about that, the part about hiding it, anyway.

Chloe says she made a mistake, but isn't having an affair. Apparently by Chloe's definition, she would have to slut-out at least twice before it becomes an affair, so this just counts as a sleazy one-night-stand. Carly knows about those, too. Chloe whines, "If you tell him I may never see him again."

Speaking of patron saints, St. Carly, patron saint of drunken meaningless hotel room romps, wishes she didn't have to do this. Chloe reminds Carly she lied to Daniel for twenty years, "Just how big a hypocrite are you?"

Baker assures Nicole no one will connect him to the muggings. Nicole thinks he's wrong, "Do you know how smart EJ is?"

"Yeah," says Baker, "He's so smart he didn't even know his own wife was pregnant. We're golden." Good one, doc.

Closer... closer... closer... Sami breaks it off and says, "There is obviously a physical thing here but we're not going there. We're parents. That's it."

"We are also two people who have grown and changed enormously," says EJ. Grown, but not matured. Sami says she couldn't even sleep last night thinking about it and thinks it was a huge mistake. She starts to leave.

EJ says, "Fine. But if you're going, just know this from the outset... I'm not chasing after you." Reverse psychology sometimes works on a brain that does not have a forward gear.

Rafe encourages reluctant Shane to get with the program. A guard comes for Shane. Shane asks, "Where am I going?"

"Today you die," says the guard.

Rafe turns to Shane, "That thing we were discussing, you might want to rethink that, huh?"

Nicole tells Baker there is a big hole in the case he is making... the mystery woman. Baker says he hasn't heard from her. Nicole says they have to play it safe, "No more high stakes poker or booze for you. you need to go underground and stay there. If EJ sees you he will remember you are the guy he saw. It's up to you, Dick."

Mr. Badguy says guys who run the game pay him to have amnesia, "But there is this floating poker game..." Brady hands him another wad. "The game is today," says Mr. B. Brady asks where it is, but Baddie clams up.

Brady takes his picture for insurance, "Now I can either tell the cops my theory of the crime or you can tell me where the poker game is."

Melanie, "I changed my mind about Chloe because I started to wonder if I just wasn't ready to share you yet. I was just a little mistake in your life anyway."

"You weren't a mistake," says Daniel, You were an accident. CENSORED." He says knowing her makes him realize how much he wanted it to happen, "And this present I will take wherever I go for all the Days Of Our Lives." Melanie runs off to get ready. Daniel stares.

Carly defends what she did. She says she was protecting her baby. She says in time Daniel will forgive Chloe, "Chloe, you saved my life." By deciding not to kill her. And yet, they have elected not to give her the Congressional Medal of Honor.

"You saved my life in the OR," says Chloe, "So we're even. And humankind will hate us both forever for that."

Carly asks her to tell Daniel she wants to postpone the wedding. She insists Daniel loves her and will understand. Chloe reminds her, "I only did it because I thought I had lost Daniel... To you."

As she leaves Carly says, "Tell him Chloe. It will be OK."

After Carly goes, Vivian comes in and asks what the hell happened. Chloe says Vivian's little plan was a mess form the beginning. Vivian gets upset and huffs out. Outside she seethes, "That stupid little twit can't even follow directions. You'll pay for this, Chloe, I promise you."

Mr. Badguy breaks down and gives Brady the time and place of the game.

Baker says he has a cash flow problem and is on a winning streak. Nicole couldn't care less, "Crawl back under your rock and play solitaire until I get back with you." She leaves.

Baker snorts, "Solitaire this. I'll lie low under a deck of cards."

Sami rushes back into the rumpus room with EJ, "I don't know what you want." EJ holds up the picture Johnny drew, "This is what I want. I don't know what you want." Confused Sami bolts.

The guard says the secret police want to interrogate Shane about his attempt on the life of the president. He takes him off. Rafe goes back to his algebra problems as some mystery guy watches him.

Stefano comes in to see EJ. He asks if EJ will be able to get Arianna off the hook. EJ tells him Nicole is setting her up, or at least that's his theory. He says he confronted Nicole. "How did she react," asks Stefano.

"With bravado," says EJ.

Nicole finds Vivian in the Kiriakis den and says she's there looking for Brady. Vivian asks why she was at the wedding. "I like to watch car crashes," says Nicole.

Vivian thinks it was something else, "It was because of Brady."

"I was with him when you sent the text about his grandfather," says Nicole, "So I wanted to (say it with her) be there for him."

"No," claims Vivian, "You still love him, don't you?"

Brady arrives at the poker game dripping wet. Well, since he heard it was a floating poker game, he first went to the river. The guy at the door asks for the password. Brady hands him a big bill. The bouncer decides that's password enough, "You have to be frisked."

They have to restrain several gals from the audience who jump up and volunteer for the job.

The bouncer decides Brady is clean, lets him in and shuts the door. Baker walks up.

Sami is in her bedroom looking at a picture, "Rafe, I wish you were here, but I guess I have to figure this out on my own." The poor girl might have to use both brain cells for that.

A guard comes for Rafe. Rafe asks what he wants. "I'm here to get you out," says the guard.

Chloe broods. Phillip comes in. She says he shouldn't be there. He says he's there for the wedding and she tells him she just went another 15 rounds with Carly, "Maybe I should just tell Daniel."

Phillip has a cow, "You can't do that."

"I won't say it was you," says Chloe, "I'll just say it was some random guy from a bar."

"I've got to admit," says Phillip, "As big a slut as you are, everyone would believe that."

"Carly suggested I postpone the wedding."

"Daniel can't wait to get married," says Phillip, "If you try to postpone, he'll get suspicious."

"Either way I lose," says Chloe.

Vivian says Nicole's love will go unrequited because Brady is engaged to Arianna. Nicole reminds her Arianna is in jail. Vivian says "Men go on the offensive when their women are accused of something they don't think they have done. He may come back you you for support." Translation: sex. "His heart will always belong to Arianna," says Vivian.

Baker comes into the dive and sees Brady. He remembers seeing him at the clinic and leaves. On the way out he tells another guy there is a cop in there. He asks the guy to watch things and says he'll be back.

EJ asks if something is troubling Stefano. Stefano says he got some sad news today, "Alice Horton is dying."

"I don't think Samantha knows that," says EJ.

Stefano says he sees Alice in Will, "She's one of those people who makes things interesting, and now when she's gone there won't be anything interesting about this show."

Sami wakes to find Rafe sitting on her bed, "How did you get here?"

"It's your dream," says Rafe, "You tell me."

"You're here because I see you as being (say it with her) there for me when I need you. Are you coming back? I need you. Your sister needs you."

"I never let her down," says Rafe.

"What about me," asks Sami, "Will you come back to me?"

"I don't think so."

Brady and two others play. The stakes get high. Brady looks at his hand and sees the Old Maid. He folds, "Things are too rich for my blood." One of the guys asks about the money clip and Brady says he won it off a guy in another game. He asks if they know the guy.

Baker comes back and tells the guy standing at the door to go in and spike Brady's soda.

Phillip says, "If you postpone the wedding, Carly wins."

"This is not about winning and losing," says Chloe, "It's about seeing who can be the biggest tramp and get away with it."

"I just saw Daniel," says Phillip, "He's the happiest guy on the planet." The planet must be Uranus, because Danny Boy, that's where you have your head if you're marrying Chloe. "You have the upper hand," says Phillip, "Worst case scenario... Daniel finds out from Carly but she doesn't know who the guy is."

"She never will," says Chloe.

"She's got nothing," says Phillip, "That's why she's working you and not him."

Daniel comes in with Melanie and Father Matt. He asks Chloe if she's ready to tie the knot.

EJ asks Stefano not to say anything about Alice, so he can tell Sami himself. He leaves. Stefano gets a call. He asks how things are going, "I don't care about Shane, but just take care of Rafe."

Sami sleeps. Sami dreams. She says she doesn't understand why Rafe won't give them a chance. "I thought we loved each other," says Rafe, "but then you moved in with EJ, and last night you kissed. So I don't think there is an 'us.'"

Back in his prison cell, Rafe asks who the guard really is. "I'm a friend," says the guard, "I'm taking you out of here. Rafe turns away and the guard takes a garotte out of his bag o' tricks.

Nicole searches for Baker at the pier. She pulls out her phone as EJ comes up and startles her. She starts to leave but EJ pulls her back. He accuses her of framing Arianna, "You slipped up and I will get you. Lovely talking to you. Have a nice day."

One of the guys in the poker game says he saw a guy with the money clip. Brady orders another ginger ale and Baker's toady slips him a Mickey. Baker watches from the half-open door.

Back in Sami's dream, Rafe says Sami is two people. He's got that wrong. She's got at least a couple dozen personalities in her shorted-out brain. "There is the Sami that is smart and strong," says EJ, "And the other Sami who has a thing for EJ."

"If you were here," says Sami, "I wouldn't know EJ exists."

"But I'm not here," says Rafe, "For all you know I won't come back."

"Are you in trouble," asks Sami, "Or are you letting me go?"

"Maybe I already have let you go," says Rafe.

Sami wakes up, "Rafe..."

Rafe tells the guard they have to get his cellmate out, too. The guard attacks and chokes him.

Melanie gives Chloe her bouquet. Chloe is touched and Daniel says he is sure they will be a happy family.

Carly arrives for the ceremony. She and Chloe exchange stares.

Father Matt starts the ceremony. Chloe stops him, "I'm sorry father, but we can't get married."

Daniel consults the Guy Manual, "You've dodged a bullet here. Do not... repeat DO NOT let this opportunity slip from your hands."



NOTE – you can now follow Prevuze on twitter at: http://twitter.com/prevuze

Prevuze II has a video of the daily show previews, which should be available by noon (EST) on any given day. To see Prevuze II: CLICK HERE


15 Comments:

Anonymous Berg said...

Does a one-legged duck swim in circles? Duh! Prevuze's was especially funny today - and so was the rest of the show - though I doubt that was the intent of the DOOL writers.

Maybe they missed their calling?

Oh and I am taking up a small collection to the guard (in where ever it is Shane and Rafe are locked up) to finish the job right.

Happy Friday!!

4:12 AM  
Blogger jen h said...

"Hmmm... I must've missed the part where she said she was leaving town for good right after the ceremony."

LOL... very good prevuze today and lots of laughs. loved that the writers snuck in a 'prevuism,' via baker too. i have to admit, i was sure that line about ej was one that missed the italics until i saw 'good one, doc.'

4:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What can i say... the propping for Rafe "the rooting guy" is nauseating!
So Sami is strong and smart when she is with Rafe ?!! And she can't function without Rafe ?!! And with Rafe here she would not know that Ej exists ?! But is Sami ever born before St Rafe came on this dreamy witness protection program ?!
Writers what are you doing seriously ?!

4:36 AM  
Anonymous Emily said...

*Gives large check to Berg* I'll gladly donate to that cause.

And I'm with Jennifer, good one Baker. I didn't care for you on AMC, but you're doing nicely here adding a little comedic relief with Nicole. A Brady/Nicole/Baker/Hope Quad could be interesting... haha!

Anon, you took the anti-Rafe-propping words out of my mouth. I love young troublemaker Sami who is strong and sassy and maybe a tad overzealous, not oh-Rafe-I-can't-live-without-you-talking-down-to-me-so-I-can-beg-your-forgiveness-daily Sami. Frankly, I'm surprised she's able to breathe on her own without Rafe telling her to do it.

I'm glad EJ gave her mouth-to-mouth yesterday; maybe his kiss revived her spunkiness! And I'm a LUMI, for the record, but even I would prefer EJ over Rafe. Yuck. If she's really one of Corday's favorites, he's got a really funny (and chauvinistic) way to show it. Strong chicks, Corday. Remember your audience is mostly women. You've got Chloe's big... talents to keep the men happy. They probably don't even listen to the dialog when they, I mean she is on screen. Keep us happy with smart/strong women (and half-nekkid men occasionally).

On a side note, was I the only one disappointed that Chloe's latest accident didn't cause a weeks long coma again? Here's hoping Vivian adds her name to the hit list. *crosses fingers hopefully*

Sorry I used up all the hyphens on everyone today. I hope none of you needed any!

5:21 AM  
Anonymous Leslie said...

Rafe says, "We just might get out in time."

"For what," asks Shane.

"The advanced algebra competition at Salem University," says Rafe, "First prize is a slide rule."

People don't use slide rules any more," says Shane.

"I do," says Rafe, "Computers are for wimps."

LOL!!!! While the writers fell flat, Prevuze injects some excitement and snark into the return of Shane.

Nicole sighs and asks him what they should do.

Nicole and Dr. Baker should take this opportunity to do what they should have done in the first place. Split town and never return to Salem.

Not one of your major saints, I guess. And I thought the patron saint of marriage was St. Elizabeth. Taylor, that is.

It also could be St. Mickey, Rooney, that is. Liz and the Mick are tied at eight.

"There is obviously a physical thing here but we're not going there. We're parents. That's it."

It appears Sami is a little confused. She and EJ are parents because they got physical.

Reverse psychology sometimes works on a brain that does not have a forward gear.

Prevuze – the best psychology blog on the Internet!

"Rafe, I wish you were here, but I guess I have to figure this out on my own." The poor girl might have to use both brain cells for that.

After all this time, you would think that Sami would realize that having a man in her life doesn’t alleviate her problems. Why in heaven’s name does she need Rafe to make her decisions? Bleh!! It’s time for Sami to pull on her big girl pants, take control of her life, buy a copy of “The Feminine Mystique”, and actually read it. She needs to learn a lesson or twenty from the women's movement. With that said, I would not suggest she burn her bra. Those girls need all the support they can get.

The planet must be Uranus, because Danny Boy, that's where you have your head if you're marrying Chloe.

Clean up in aisle 3!!! LOL!!! Well said Prevuze!! I am so over the Chloe/Daniel/Carly/Melanie/Phillip mess. Since Phillanie and Danloe are train wrecks waiting to happen, both marriages are just pointless drivel designed to kill time. Yuck!

TGIF and TGFP!!! Oh, yes, and a great censored link too!!

5:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the prevuze! Funny as usual, a very nice component since DOOL likes to torture me with what they think I want. And as much as I am and ejami fan, Sami makes me want to punch her in the face!!! What happened to the old Sami that knew what she wanted and went for it, damned the consequences?? This version embarrasses me as a woman. It is 2010!! No female is this indecisive and needs a man to help decide her own issues. They have made her into someone I can barely recognize. At least EJ finally did what wanted him to do (well not everything, yet hopefully soon he'll get to the other). He said he is not going to chase her. GOOD!!! It didn't work before, I doubt it will work again. No man should have to deal with her wishywashyness.If Sami wants him, she knows where he'll be. But she might want to hurry up, Arianna needs a strong shoulder to cry on with the stupidness Brady has been doing and lets just say we all know what happened with Nicole.

7:22 AM  
Blogger Applecheeks said...

People don't use slide rules any more," says Shane.

There's a blast from the distant past. I'm not sure anyone under 30 would even know what a slide rule is let alone how to use it. I couldn't even use one anymore. LOL

Phillip says he has something to do at the hospital, like applying massive quantities of crazy glue to Chloe's lips.

Get the giant, economy sized tube Philip. There are a whole slew of folks you could use it on for me.

And ENOUGH ALREADY with the Carly/Chloe scenes. We get it. In this case the writers have made Carly a sanctimonious busybody who has decided she knows best. It's "best" that Chloe tell Daniel before he finds out about her one-night-stand from someone else. But it's OK, because Daniel loves her and will forgive her. Unfortunately, there's nothing logical about Carly's side of the argument.

1. If Daniel loves Chloe and will forgive her, why put him through the pain of knowing Chloe cheated on him once?

2. If everyone in town know about Chloe's cheating except Daniel he might hear about it from someone else. But, as far as Carly knows SHE'S the only one who has that info. So, if Chloe doesn't spill and Carly doesn't tattle, how is Daniel going to find out?

In fact, the only way ANYONE finds out secrets in this town is for the folks who want to keep a secret to endlessly talk about it in public or in places where they can be overheard. Nicole, this goes for you too. If you don't want EJ to find out about your recent connection with Baker - stop meeting with Baker in public!

Whew! I feel better now that I got that rant off my chest.

But, hold on, I do feel a minor rant coming...I don't know about anyone else, but I saw nothing distinctive about the money clips that have been floating around. Why do characters keep "recognizing" them?

Loved all the snark. Chuckled over all the pictures, especially Bulldog's naughty one. So relieved I could start my day out with Prevuze again.

7:36 AM  
Anonymous Frustrated in Salem said...

YAY!!!!!!!Thank God he is not going to chase her this time-the ball is in her court. She needs Rafe to be there for her??? OH PLEASE-give us a break from this Safe/Rafe pimping that "all we fans seem to want". If we wanted them so much there wouldn't be any need to do all this pimping.

And, yes, as someone said before-they wouldn't have 2 kids together if they didn't have this "physical thing". Hey, there is something to be said for the "physical thing"-it certainly is better than the dreams Sami seems to be having. Rafe is actually a "nightmare", don't you think?

7:37 AM  
Blogger Prevuze said...

You've got Chloe's big... talents to keep the men happy.

Eyes. Think eyes.

"There is obviously a physical thing here but we're not going there. We're parents. That's it."

It appears Sami is a little confused. She and EJ are parents because they got physical.


There you go letting facts get in the way of Sami's (I use the term loosely) reasoning.

7:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, Prevuze

I read you right after my
Lutheran Devotion site, and
before Newsmax. What
does that say about priorities?

I was really expecting to see
a "Censored Link" to this:

"We are also two people who have grown and changed enormously," says EJ.

Although, you actually exceeded your zinger quota today, so I understand. Would that Days would hire you as a writer!

NeeNee

9:30 AM  
Blogger Prevuze said...

I read you right after my
Lutheran Devotion site, and
before Newsmax. What
does that say about priorities?


I think it confirms what I've thought all along. Prevuze is second only to God.

9:40 AM  
Anonymous Betyar said...

Bulldog, your pic with Chloe/Dan feeling her up thanking God all the "important" things are intact...Priceless!

"Shane and Rafe are down on the floor of their cell planning and plotting their prison break by solving some advanced algebra formulas. Rafe says"... 2 - 1 equals WHAT??...ha, ha, ha, ha, ha....I laughed so hard I almost spit out the ice cream I was having for breakfast!!! Great stuff Prevuze!

"And I thought the patron saint of marriage was St. Elizabeth. Taylor, that is"...LOL..OL! For Chloe and Dan she probably would be...but doesn't one have to be dead to be proclaimed a saint? Inquiring minds want to know...

"Apparently by Chloe's definition, she would have to slut-out at least twice before it becomes an affair"...that's right!...Phillip and her are friends(with benefits)..by those standards she's DAMM right!

Prevuze, the censored link was down right histerical! Thanks for the great laughs on this dreary, cloud filled day! Have a lovely week-end everyone!!!

9:49 AM  
Blogger Prevuze said...

but doesn't one have to be dead to be proclaimed a saint? Inquiring minds want to know...

So, have you seen Elizabeth Taylor lately?

OK. I'm headed over to the penalty box.

12:49 PM  
Blogger Applecheeks said...

So, have you seen Elizabeth Taylor recently?

Soooooo, bad Prevuze! Penalty box, pffffft! Prevuze is going to get the black flag, third technical foul, sent to the locker room and given the old heave-ho for that one.

Or, the Pulitzer. Whichever is appropriate.

LMAO!

1:46 PM  
Anonymous Bulldog said...

Late to Prevuze today (server problems) but well worth the wait.

So what is Stefano having the guard-toady do? Kill Rafe so he can't question Anna or save him so he can come back and come between EJami?

I'm with you, Applecheeks! Meeting Baker at that congested freeway known as the pier is the dumbest thing yet!

Great Prevuisms and censored link. TGIF and TGFP. Happy Friday (what's left of it) everyone.

1:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Blogarama     Globe Of Blogs