Thursday, June 03, 2010

French Open Aces Out DOOL Feed

Gosh, gang, I just can't seem to catch a break here and keep a streak going without some kind of "issue." Last week I was on the road and we lost a couple of days of video and I got up this morning to find there was no feed.

Sometimes when this happens I can blame the equipment, but that has been working pretty well lately, especially when I'm around here to kick it's butt instead of trying to remote in from Timbuktu.

Checking the TV listings, I now see what's going on. NBC is showing the French Open tomorrow, which means DOOL will be preempted, which means no feed today. Or... to put it so Rafe, crack math wizard, can understand it:

To explain more fully, this means No Feed (nf) equals No Transmission (nt) minus 33. In other words, if the show is scheduled to be preempted, subtract approximately 33 hours from the time of the preemption, and that's when there will be no feed.

"BUT," you may ask, "What's all that other cra... what are all those other math symbols in there for?"

"Simple," I say, "I took the square root of the answer, and then squared it, giving the exact same answer." (Imagine a smiley face here).

"WHAT," you may ask, "is the point of going through all that when it gives you the same frickin' answer?"

"Simple," I say, "It makes the equation look a lot cooler. Half the battle of understanding advanced algebra is won when you figure out how to toss a little BS around now and then. And God knows nobody is going to know enough about it to challenge your logic anyway." (Imagine another smiley face here).

I mean you've got to admit that equation looks a whole lot cooler with the square root symbol in it, right? So, to quote Rafe, "If you don't know what the hell you're doing, at least look cool while you're faking it."

So that brings us back to our original problem which is the fact that there was no feed this morning. Now I'm stuck with having to say something clever.

"Something clever."

HAHAHAHAHAHA! OK. So I'm stalling. I really do have something for you. Yes, when you talk, I listen. So by popular demand... well, mostly popular demand and repeated requests from our male readers after last Thursdays blog posting alluding to Chloe's big... eyes, we bring you CHLOE'S BIG... well, see for yourself: CENSORED (Note, you must be 18 to click on this link).

Alrighty then. Looking at the statistics, it looks like advanced algebra is actually more popular than Chloe's big... eyes. Who knew? And behind Chloe's big... eyes are, of course, big... lies. One big lie, anyway. No one knows how that one will turn out and we can't even discount the possibility that the writers will somehow rewrite history and we'll find out it didn't happen. You know, they'll "Bobby Ewing dream" it or something. Please just tell me it will happen before November Sweeps, since we seem to have missed the May Sweeps Boat. I'm guessing we'll at least have the crisis with Alice and head into the predicted who's the daddy plot before the big reveal. Just thinking about it makes me want to scream.

But, hey, tomorrow is Friday and we get the French open (both of you who are going to watch it, that is). For the rest of us, if the creeks don't rise we'll have a full recap bright and early, and I'm sure you're waiting with bated breath. I mean how can you not get excited about an episode that had thrilling previews consisting of...

Nicole tells Brady, "I'm the only one who can clear Arianna."

Arianna asks EJ, "Would you do me one more favor?"

Chloe tells Carly, "I have to talk to you right now."

That does it. Now I AM going to scream. See you tomorrow.

NOTE – you can now follow Prevuze on twitter at: http://twitter.com/prevuze

Prevuze II has a video of the daily show previews, which should be available by noon (EST) on any given day. To see Prevuze II: CLICK HERE


10 Comments:

Anonymous Frustrated In Salem said...

Much as I hate to say it, either the French Open OR advanced algebra is looking more exciting than this show recently.
Chloe's "beg eyes" are not enough to save this show-especially not for us women!!!!

4:24 AM  
Anonymous Leslie said...

Super censored link Prevuze!! I must admit I was half expecting to be Rick rolled! LOL!!!!! It's also comforting to know that we have a true math whiz in our midst and could actually get some help with advanced algebra. The French Open is a bit like Chloe. In both cases, you get to follow the bouncing bo...., ahem, you get the idea.

Have a great one everybody!!

5:23 AM  
Anonymous Betyar said...

What type of happy pills are u on this morning Prevuze??? I want some!!! LMAO!

Yes, I will be watching the French open...I woudn't miss Rafe hittin a few good balls...No, not Rafe the DOOL math whiz, I mean Rafael Nadal! lol!!!

Sorry to hear you're having problems with the feed this morning but glad you're back from the races. Perhaps Saturday you can give us a glimpse of your trip, and some of the big...eyes you encountered at the track. Looking forward to tomorrow's recap :)

7:26 AM  
Blogger Applecheeks said...

In the airport awaiting a flight to Atlanta. Unfortunately, not for an exciting event like Leslie will be going to. Even without a DOOL update, Prevuze manages to be hilarious.

Or, maybe BECAUSE it's not a DOOL show the snark is even better.

The censored link was something else. It will haunt me in my dreams I'm afraid.

Keep on rolling, Prevuze. I'll catch you when I can while gone.

7:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Were Chloe's eyes that big when she was on this show the first time?

7:59 AM  
Anonymous Bulldog said...

Here we are again! Applecheeks heading to Atlanta. Leslie heading off to a cool party. And I was stuck in an idiotic meeting agonizing because I hadn't seen Prevuze yet.

But now I'm more relaxed, thanks to the chuckles provided via the censored link. Happy travels to those who are lucky enough to be headin' outta Dodge and happy almost Friday to the rest of us. See you tomorrow, Prevuzites! :D

8:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Question...have they aired the shows about Alice's departure? You made mention to them in your write up, and I don't remember seeing it (or reading it - thanks Prevuze!). Then again...the story lines all mesh together. I am hoping they do Alice some justice though.

9:33 AM  
Anonymous Scolly said...

Anon - regarding Alice, this is from the TV Guide:

On June 9th, Days viewers learn that Alice is rapidly declining, at which point several characters from the past will gather for a final visit.

Among the returning fan faves: Jennifer, Laura, Marie, Melissa, Kimberly, Kayla and Mike. Alice's death on June 23rd will be followed by a splendid memorial loaded with flashbacks.

(I also remember Lucas and Bill will be back, too.)

10:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"For the rest of us, if the creeks don't rise"

Do you know the origin of that saying? I always though it had something to do with "running water" but unless that was a Creek Indian's name, then NO. Had to to with the uprising of the Creek Indians. Amazing what you can learn on a Prevuze post.

3:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, OK. Well, let them rise, then.

5:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Blogarama     Globe Of Blogs