Wednesday, June 02, 2010

Niagara In A Sleeper — No Honeymoon Is Cheaper

Melanie and Phillip are at a table in the pub. She asks him if he thinks Chloe is right for her dad and says she's suspicious of Chloe wanting to push up the wedding. Phillip assures her Chloe is the right gal for Daniel.

Carly and Daniel are at the pier. Carly asks him about Chloe wanting to elope. Daniel tells her it's none of her business. Carly thinks sometimes bad marriages start as an impulse buy. Daniel wants to know what is really bothering her.

Chloe and Vivian are in the Kiriakis den. Chloe gasps, "You're asking me to kill Carly."

Vivian says she didn't say that, "I'm just outraged at her at taking things out on women in committed relationships and then destroying them. Let's just say we are guiding her through the light into another world and this world will be better without her."

Ciara calls for Bo to show him her treasures as Hopeless and Baker watch from outside. Hope sees she's got the wallets, "What the hell do we do now?"

Vivian says she just wants Chloe to help Carly get onto the elevator, "Then fate will decide if she goes up or down. Maybe you're not the woman I thought you were."

Victor is at Maggie's. He gets off the phone after arranging for the foundation. He says he's throwing all this money around to get back in her good graces. "You can't get back where you never were," says Maggie, "I always thought you were just an old reprobate."

Baker scoots off to do something. Hopeless stares at Ciara through the window, "Time to say goodbye to my life as I know it."

Inside, Bo hears an alarm. Outside, Baker comes back up to Hopeless. "Nice going, Baker," she says, "Now all I need is a miracle."

"And a better hairdo," says Baker.

Stephanieasy and Nathan are in bed together. Completely dressed. She tells him they spend most of their time making plans and waste a lot of time going back and forth to each other's place, so she suggests moving in together. The crashing sound you hear is a lead balloon falling in the background. "That's an option," says Nathan.

"And not a good one, I see," says Stephanie, "I know when the girl brings that up the guy gets all commitment-phobic."

"No," says Nathan, "I get Stephanie-phobic." They smooch and the popcorn tips off Nathan's lap, signaling more action to come. At this point we'd settle for any action.

Back at the pub, Melanie wants to know what Phillip knows. Phillip flashes back to the now grainy and worn out scene of Chloe's debraification, "We should stay out of Daniel and Chloe's life."

Vivian says she just wants Chloe to get Carly on the elevator. Chloe whines, "You are asking me to kill her." Vivian says Carly simply must be stopped.

Carly insists she's trying to help Daniel. Daniel explodes, "Then give me a toaster after we're married. I am marrying Chloe and there is nothing you can say about it."

The alarm continues to sound. Caroline calls for Ciara, who runs into the kitchen. Hopeless looks to the sky, "I owe you one." She runs in and gets into Ciara's knapsack.

Melanie isn't certain they should stop talking about Daniel and Chloe, "I'm driving you crazy, aren't I?"

"When you're driving, crazy is the destination," says Phillip. He says she has to accept that Chloe isn't like her mother, "Let Chloe be the immoral slut person she is."

Nathan and Stephanie bask in the afterglow and in the popcorn. His phone rings and Nathan finds out little Ben with heart trouble is back in the hospital. He tells her all about poor little Ben and how great his attitude is, "I have to go."

"You wouldn't be you if you didn't," says Stephanie, "I love the fact that you can see things from someone else's point of view. You'll be a great father someday."

"I have to take care of some things first," says Nathan, "My residency... Climb Mt. Everest... Find a woman I could stand to live with for the rest of my life who wouldn't drive me crazy... I want to be the kind of dad that sticks around. That will be the biggest commitment of my life, and will be one of the most important decisions I make."

"I never thought about it like that," says Stephanie, "Thinking isn't one of my strong suits." Nathan gets up and goes.

Victor reminds Maggie it's 2010 and says he thinks Maggie has an old fashioned view of marriage. Maggie says she will respect his wedding vows even if Victor doesn't, "I don't want you stopping around here and complaining about the old ball and chain. Go home. It's time to face the music." She chuckles, "I just had this mental picture of Vivian on her wedding night... perched on the edge of the bed, in her new penoir, her ribbon at her throat, scared but oddly excited, a flower waiting to be plucked..."

Victor gets up. As he stomps out, he turns, smiles and tells Maggie, "I hate you."

Hope sneaks out of her house. Bo comes into the living room.

Outside, Hopeless meets Baker and tells him she got the wallets.

Inside, Bo continues to go through Ciara's backpack. Ciara comes in and Bo tells her it's empty. Somewhere along the line, the alarm has stopped sounding.

Stephanie meets Adrienne at the Cheatin' Heart, "I could really use some adult supervision." 'Nuff said.

Melanie stays on the Daniel-Chloe train. She says she thinks being honest is one of the reasons her marriage to Phillip is so great. Nathan walks in, Stephanie sees him and the greatness disappears.

Carly says she hopes her concern for Chloe and Daniel hasn't messed up their friendship. Daniel claims it hasn't. "Consider the subject closed," says Carly. Daniel says more than anything he wants Chloe to be his wife. Carly wishes them happiness.

Chloe gets home, flops on the couch and gives herself a lecture, "You were seriously considering killing someone. I have to tell Daniel the truth. Tonight."

Ciara tells Caroline her treasures are gone, "I'm not lying. They were there but now they aren't." Bo says he's just wondering what happened to them. Caroline says she thinks Ciara needs a good surprise. She pulls her mother's rosary out of her pocket and gives it to Ciara. Ciara runs to put it away.

"I don't know what's gong on," says Bo.

"You usually don't," says Caroline, "I just think Ciara just has a good imagination." Bo asks if Caroline blames him and Hope for Ciara's strange behavior.

"Of course not," says Caroline, "You just gotta roll with the punches." She leaves.

Bo contemplates things, "Fancy Face, what have we done?"

Hopeless has a headache. She asks Baker why he's still there. "You're still here," says Dick, "I'm not going anywhere."

Stephanie tells Adrienne about 'her friend' who has a dilemma and might be pregnant. Adrienne asks if 'her friend' wants to be pregnant. Stephanie comes clean and tells her she's not talking about a friend, "What if Nathan and I had a baby. Then he... we... I stopped taking my birth control pills and didn't tell Nathan about it. You hate me don't you? That's OK. I hate me too. What was I thinking?"

Back at the pub, Nathan tells Melanie the saga of little Ben, "They're not sure if he'll be OK." Melanie hugs. Phillip stews.

Daniel arrives home and finds Chloe swilling wine, "Something wrong?"

Chloe is direct, "I don't know how to deal with this except to say it."

"You could do what you usually do and whine it," says Daniel.

Chloe presses the issue, "When I thought you were with Carly, and Phillip thought Melanie was cheating on him..."

Daniel interrupts, "Let's leave all that behind us."

Chloe blurts it out, "I slept with Phillip and I couldn't let you marry me without knowing."

Daniel is stunned, "Phillip? Melanie's husband Phillip?" The poop hits the fan, "So Phillip thinks Melanie is cheating on him and you decide to comfort him in that special way."

"I thought I had lost you."

Daniel explodes, "So you slept with my daughter's husband? You didn't think to find me and talk to me? Some stranger told you I was at a motel and you took it for gospel?"

"It was just once," says the whinemeister, "It will never happen again."

"You're damn right it won't," screams Daniel, " We are through! I've seen it all before. You didn't just hurt me, you hurt Melanie. Carly is right. You screw up everything you touch." He leaves.

Were you fooled? Did they suck you in? Of course not. Chloe pops out of her little fantasy, "OMG! I can't do it. He'll never understand."

Victor gets home and finds Vivian carrying a bag, "You're leaving me? Well, we gave it a shot, didn't we?" Vivian reminds him she's packed for the honeymoon. Victor asks, "How about a staycation? You stay in your room and I'll stay in mine."

Ciara comes back down as the oven dings signaling the cookies are ready. Caroline goes to take care of them. Ciara asks Bo if he knows what happened to her treasures. He doesn't.

Hopeless looks at Baker, "Are you telling me you care? If you do, you're the only one who does."

Stephanie is glad Adrienne is (say it with her) there for her.

Nathan leaves the pub. Phillip tells Melanie he understands her relationship with Nathan, "It's an intense job and you work together." He asks her to stop talking. Melanie reminds him she can't do that. She doesn't have to remind the viewers, however. Phillip thinks of a way to stop her and they head for home.

Chloe remembers Vivian giving her the bad guy's phone number as she picks up her phone, "No, I can't do this." The phone rings. It's Carly.

Lovestruck Baker says he didn't want this and he knows it's weird, "I just want you to know you're not alone. I'm on your side."

Adrienne counsels Stephanie about the morning-after pill. "OMG," gasps Stephanie, "It's so unfair to Nathan and the baby."

"We don't even know if there is a baby," says Adrienne, "Let's get the pill and see what happens." Stephanie thanks her. Adrienne has a 'poor-me' moment, "It's been a long time since I felt useful to anyone. Of all the gin joints in all the world I'm glad you came into mine."

Carly says she knows Chloe is scared. Chloe blows her stack, "You just hate me! You can't stand the fact that Daniel and I are happy." She tosses the phone. Girl throw.

Carly stands in the silence, "OMG, Daniel, you have to know."

Daniel is with Maggie showing her Chloe's ring. He asks if she thinks it's OK for him to marry Chloe. Maggie wonders if he's getting cold feet. "No," says Daniel, "It's just that not everyone thinks this is a marriage made in heaven." Pope Maggie gives him her blessing. Daniel smiles and vows to make it to the altar, "Who can stop us now?"

Victor packs a thick book for the honeymoon. Vivian asks what it is and he says it's Durant's History of Civilization, which will help him pass the time on the trip. If it's a history of civilization, it must not include anything about Salem. He cautions her, "I Hope this trip is a desire for you to be alone with me, and not a desire for an alibi. If anything happens to Carly, it won't bother me that you're not at the scene of the crime. If someone harms her, you will find out the true meaning of 'till death do us part.'"

Stephanie takes the morning-after pill and leans back on the bed. Nathan jumps in and she says she didn't expect him. He sees the pill box, "What's this?"

Vivian says she doesn't know why Vic would think she would harm Carly. Victor waxes poetic, "To Niagara in a sleeper. No honeymoon is cheaper." He leaves. Vivian follows.

Chloe makes the death call.

Bo is on the phone with Carly. He thinks she sounds upset. Carly tells him she's just worried about a patient. He hangs up and tells Ciara he just remembered he has a treasure of his own, "I got it when I was in the merchant marine." He goes up to get it.

Hopeless tells Baker she thinks this is strange, "But I believe you." Baker puts his hands on her shoulders. Ciara stands at the window and watches.


NOTE – you can now follow Prevuze on twitter at: http://twitter.com/prevuze

Prevuze II has a video of the daily show previews, which should be available by noon (EST) on any given day. To see Prevuze II: CLICK HERE


14 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Either you left out some italics or this is one of the funniest episodes of Days ever. and LOL at the pictures.

4:15 AM  
Anonymous Leslie said...

Daniel tells her it's none of her business.

There you go. The phrase that pays is “it’s none of your business”. The Salemites ought to use it more often.

Carly thinks sometimes bad marriages start as an impulse buy.

Carly needs to counsel Al and Tipper.

"Now all I need is a miracle."

"And a better hairdo," says Baker.

What – you’re not digging the retro 70’s look?

"No," says Nathan, "I get Stephanie-phobic."

LOL!!! Besides, who will water Lucas’ plants?

Carly says she hopes her concern for Chloe and Daniel hasn't messed up their friendship. Daniel claims it hasn't.

That’s rather generous of Daniel. If a “friend” was slamming my fiancé the way Carly is hammering on Chloe, I would suggest the person get a life somewhere very far away from me.

"You're still here," says Dick, "I'm not going anywhere."

Dick and Hope – are we going to get Dope?

”You hate me don't you? That's OK. I hate me too.”

Finally, we’re in agreement, because we all hate Stephanie. The only good thing I can say about Stephanie is that by zapping all her scenes I can get through Daze a lot faster.

Victor asks, "How about a staycation? You stay in your room and I'll stay in mine."

Victor is a hoot! What a perfect wedding invitation! Isn’t it a delightful coincidence that Prevuze also designs and prints invites?!

While this is definitely an A+ addition of Prevuze, it appears that this is only a D- episode of DOOL. Just like Daniel I'm probably being generous. If it weren't for Victor, this Daze could easily have gotten an F. Have a great hump day everyone!!

5:43 AM  
Anonymous Betyar said...

Maggie and Victor WERE funny on this eppi. I might be a stretch but I think the DOOL writers have found their sense of humor...

6:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Leslie great point about Lucus plants. My question is why did Lucus get the house when his mother tried to kill his wife? And by the way... Where does Chloe get money she hasn't worked like in forever? Loved Victor and Maggie best part of the show.Everybody else just seems to be having the same ole discussions over and over and over and ... you get it.Have a great one,c.

6:28 AM  
Blogger Applecheeks said...

Dick and Hope – are we going to get Dope?

We already have Ho & Dope, so how about Hick, Leslie?

"That's an option," says Nathan. “And not a good one, I see," says Stephanie.

Let me get this straight. This brain-trust turned down a fellowship to Johns Hopkins so he could stay in Salem with Stephaneasy (love the new name), but he’s not sure they are at the point they should live together?? Buddy, you’d better high-tail it outta town.

After Vic tried to kill Carly & Bo in an elevator and after Vivian's little stunt when Carly first showed up in town, I'd think Carly would be avoiding elevators like the plague. Taking the stairs would be healthier in oh, so many ways.

Between this: Victor gets home and finds Vivian carrying a bag, "You're leaving me? Well, we gave it a shot, didn't we?"; the newest crack about Hope's aim; and, the hilarious wedding announcement I’ll be laughing all day. Thanks, Prevuze.

7:10 AM  
Anonymous Bulldog said...

I agree, Applecheeks. My HUH? moment for today was Steponme suggesting they move in together. Nathan JUST told the twit he didn't think he should take the Johns Hopkins gig because they'd probably have to live together in Baltimore and it was too soon for that. What a birdbrain! (And I also agree with you, Leslie, practically any scene with her in it just drains the energy from the tv. It becomes a must-zap situation.)

Were you fooled? Did they suck you in? Nope, I'm proud to say not for a nannosecond. Which means I can advance to the next class: Determining When Prevuze Has Omitted Italics or When it's a Real Statement.

LOL over "I don't know what's going on," says Bo. "You usually don't" says Caroline. and Hope needing a better hairdo. HAHAHAHA Amen to that one!

Thanks for the boost this morning, Prevuze. Excellent as always.

8:08 AM  
Blogger Prevuze said...

Either you left out some italics or this is one of the funniest episodes of Days ever

No guarantees on italics. It's probably a good bet I leave out some each time I post.

Carly thinks sometimes bad marriages start as an impulse buy.

Carly needs to counsel Al and Tipper.


WIth your trip coming up, you really don't have time to be sitting in the penalty box.

"Now all I need is a miracle."

"And a better hairdo," says Baker.

What – you’re not digging the retro 70’s look?


Mullets never looked that bad.

Determining When Prevuze Has Omitted Italics or When it's a Real Statement.

Things like this always get me to reminiscing. The original Prevuze had no italics. When we came to this site and the readership got large, however, I had to start putting in the italics, because people got confused. Then this past April 1, for April FOol's day I actually had the entire blog done without italics. When I read through it without them, it just didn't work, and I put them in. Still, I long for the good old days and will continue to threaten to take out the italics just to keep you on your toes.

9:11 AM  
Anonymous WingNut '75 said...

Vivian says she just wants Chloe to help Carly get onto the elevator, "Then fate will decide if she goes up or down.

What!?!?!? No censored link there?

"I have to take care of some things first," says Nathan, "My residency... Climb Mt. Everest... Find a woman I could stand to live with for the rest of my life who wouldn't drive me crazy...

Some advice here, Nathan - better start looking outside of Salem.

She chuckles, "I just had this mental picture of Vivian on her wedding night... perched on the edge of the bed, in her new penoir, her ribbon at her throat, scared but oddly excited, a flower waiting to be plucked..."

Ieeewwwwwww! My ick factor just went through the roof. That's one image that I wish had never entered my mind's eye!

Chloe gets home, flops on the couch and gives herself a lecture, "You were seriously considering killing someone. I have to tell Daniel the truth. Tonight."
....
Chloe pops out of her little fantasy, "OMG! I can't do it. He'll never understand."


Can I take a shot at writing an episode of this show similar to what we've had over the last couple of weeks? Scene 1 - Chloe and Carly argue about telling Dr. Grope-em-up the truth. Scene 2 - Carly goes to talk to the horny doctor while Chloe goes home and decides she needs to tell him. (after the requisite flashback to her debraification) Scene 3 - Dr. Hornball gets mad at Carly and storms home to Chloe where either a) she has decided she can't tell him or b) he can't keep his mouth shut long enough for her to get a word in edgewise. Fade to black.

Ugh - can't we just get that stupid storyline moving? Though the "whos-the-daddy" storyline that we all know is coming won't be any better.

I, too, loved Stephaneasy's new name and all of the Vician (or is it Vivtor) dialogue. That alone might make this an episode worth actually watching (of course, with a lot of zapping thrown in for good measure).

9:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh god here we go again with the baby crap it sure seems dool ran out of good story lines a life time ago. zzzzzzzzzzz thats what i think about day time dramas but thanks prevuze for the morning crack up :)

11:51 AM  
Blogger Applecheeks said...

"Then fate will decide if she goes up or down."

What!?!?!? No censored link there
?

Wingnut, Wingnut - My evil mind didn't even go there until you asked about a censored link! You are a corruptor of the (sorta)innocent!

12:39 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Just got done with jury duty, I wondered why no one on this soap has to do so but then I remembered that they're all felons of some kind.

Carly asks him about Chloe wanting to elope. Daniel tells her it's none of her business.

lol someone's feeling grumpy grumpy.

"I always thought you were just an old reprobate."

I love that word. Never hear it enough.

Daniel explodes, "Then give me a toaster after we're married. I am marrying Chloe and there is nothing you can say about it."

Grumpy Grumpy Face. :(

Bo contemplates things, "Fancy Face, what have we done?"

Oh Jesus. Ok, let's pretend there is no Hopeless. All Ciara is exhibiting is an active imagination and what is she? 6? 7? The way they mourn their parenting skills it's more like she's setting things on fire.

Carly is right. You screw up everything you touch."

Right there is when I realized this was apart of Chloe's insanity.

"OMG," gasps Stephanie, "It's so unfair to Nathan and the baby."

Oh, give me a break. You know what's unfair? Using a baby as a pawn in your love schemes.

"What's this?"

Read the box, stupid.

1:19 PM  
Anonymous WingNut '75 said...

Wingnut, Wingnut - My evil mind didn't even go there until you asked about a censored link! You are a corruptor of the (sorta)innocent!

I try - though I don't think I had to try that hard... :-)

"What's this?"

Read the box, stupid.


LOL! Klaus and I think pretty much alike - though my thought was more along the lines of "Good gravy - he doesn't know what the medicine is and he's going to be a doctor???"

2:49 PM  
Anonymous Donna said...

Great recap as usual. Thank you.

This may sound like a strange request but I would like to know the font used in the Kiriakis invitation. I am helping someone with table cards for a wedding and I like that font.

5:03 PM  
Blogger Prevuze said...

This may sound like a strange request but I would like to know the font used in the Kiriakis invitation. I am helping someone with table cards for a wedding and I like that font.

The small font is standard Arial (12 point, I believe). However, I'm sure you're really asking about the larger fancy font. Unfortunately I can't tell you what it is since I got it off a picture. Wish I could be more help.

5:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Blogarama     Globe Of Blogs