Thursday, October 15, 2009

Snooze Inducing

Arianna stands at the Kiriakis mansion door. Brady answers. Arianna says she should have called but decided just to come over and barge in on him. In spite of her social faux pax Brady asks her in. "So," he asks, "Why are you here?"

"I came to ask your forgiveness."

Mia beats up on Chad. He tells her he's not hanging back in the shadows with his little girl out there, "I saw our baby." A log sits beside them. There is a bump on it named Will. The bump on the log stares.

Sami stands in the DiMera rumpus room and asks Nicole what she meant by the crack about someone taking her baby, "Nicole, no matter what, don't let them take your little girl from you."

Chloe stumbles into Daniel's apartment carrying a huge bouquet of flowers and other assorted bric-a-brac. Daniel strolls out of the other room wearing only a towel. The bric, the brac and the flowers come crashing to the floor as Chloe soaks in the majesty.

Arianna gets on the apology train about Nicole. Brady says he didn't know she cared about Nicole that much. "She's not the one I care about," says Arianna.

Mia tees off on Chad, "You ruined everything. Now Nicole is never going to be able to keep Sydney."

EJ tells Sami this is between Nicole and him. He kicks her out. Sami leaves. Outside she wonders what's going on, "I have to do something. I have to help her."

Chloe apologizes for being a klutz. Daniel reaches down to help and a baby blanket falls out of the pile.

Chad thinks Mia is delusional. He says he's not going to let Nicole keep their baby. By gum.

Sami is back at Grace's grave. Grace is getting more air time these days than most of the main characters. Maggie finds her and butts in. She hugs Sami and tells her it must be difficult not having her mom around.

Deidre Hall walks into the scene, "Tough? You think she has it tough? What do you think it's like for a former soap opera queen who is out of work in this economy? Another month and we'll be on food stamps."

Maggie senses the ominous dark cloud hanging around them has something to do with Sami's mood, "What's going on? Or is it none of my business?"

"I didn't know there was anything you thought might be none of your business," says Sami. She tells her a "friend" may have her baby taken away and she knows what's that's like, "I will do anything to keep another mother from going through that pain."

EJ explodes. He tells Nicole he was rethinking all this before Chad showed up. Nicole perks up when she hears the word "rethinking." She figures that means EJ wants them back in his life. EJ bursts her balloon, "I want Sydney back in my life, but not you."

Chloe gives Daniel the blanket so he can cover his glistening, rippling muscles. Daniel covers and says he was about to take a shower. He starts to help with the pickup and things progress.

Arianna says she's there because she's worried about Brady. Brady thinks she's there to get a free pass on the guilt trip she's on, so magnanimous Brady totally absolves her. Arianna wonders why he's acting strange. "Why do you care," says Brady.

"Because," says Arianna, "I'm worried..."

Brady jumps in, "You're worried I might start using drugs again. There is only one woman who could do that. And you're not in Chloe's league when it comes to driving men over the edge."

Sami tells Maggie she just wants to help her "friend." She's not sure how she will do that, but thinks she will figure it out. Maggie just knows Sami will find a way, " Make sure you take care of Sami, too. All of her personalities."

EJ tells Nicole she has been cruel and selfish. Nicole doesn't agree, "Chad is just a kid in high school. To let him have Sydney would be insane."

EJ turns it up a notch, "Oh, so you're the arbiter of what's sane or insane?"

Nicole thinks Chad is too young and will be irresponsible as a parent, "He's not capable of giving her what I can, like the opportunity to be thrown out on the street to scrounge for food with junkyard dogs." EJ thinks Nicole is being selfish.

Daniel and Chloe pull apart and decide to remain strong. "It won't be long," says Chloe.

"Good," says Daniel, "because I'm about to lose my mind."

"At least that would make us equals," says Chloe.

Father Matt calls. Chloe picks up, "Oh... I see."

Brady insists he's fine. Arianna thinks he's hurting. Brady says she's right, but that doesn't mean he's using drugs, "I won't let anyone drag me down that hole again."

"Not even Nicole?"

Will jumps into the Chad-Mia smackdown. They pretty much ignore him. Chad yells, "You were willing to give Will up for me, so I would stop looking for our daughter. That makes you a... WHORE!"

Uh, oh. He used the "W" word on poor little Mia. Will rushes him. They smack each other around a little until tiny Mia jumps between them and makes them stop.

EJ continues to beat on Nicole, "Sydney is not yours. Get that through your delusional head."

Nicole insists Chad isn't capable of giving Sydney a good life, "We can prove that if we stick together. Not just to keep Sydney but to keep this marriage alive." Hey, it wouldn't be the first thing to come back from the dead on this show.

"Why in God's name would I want to keep our marriage alive," says EJ.

Nicole proves her head is more delusional than EJ thought, "Because you still love me. Don't throw our life away."

EJ sums it up with one word, "GO!"

Nicole begs. Since Nicole's first curb-kicking didn't take, EJ kicks her to the curb again. She picks up Sydney and protects her as they land in the gutter bawling as they lie face-down in the muck.

Outside, Sami finds Nicole and offers to help. Nicole says there is nothing Sami nor anyone can do. Sami rushes in and gives EJ both barrels.

Wichita, KS has the highest per capita percentage of home security systems. Salem doesn't have them because the SPD doesn't know what they are for.

Chloe thanks Father Matt and hangs up. Daniel comes back, "Was there a problem with the annulment?"

Time passes... Daniel sits on the couch and reads "War and Peace" as Chloe contemplates her answer.

"No," says Chloe, "The annulment was fine."

"Then why do you look so unhappy?"

"I'm just feeling the need to whine," says Chloe.

Mia pulls the boys apart. She turns to Will, "Chad is right. What I did was wrong and dishonest. I did whore myself out." She turns to Chad, "But doesn't that tell you I would do anything for our baby?"

"So would I," says Chad. He starts to Bo but Mia stops him. She asks Will to give them a minute alone. Will shuffles out.

"Well," quips Chad, "you certainly have him well trained."

"Stop it!"

"You expect me to respect the guy," asks Chad, "So what are you going to do now to keep me from getting my daughter back?"

"I'm going to apologize," whines Mia, "I never meant to hurt you."

Sami lectures EJ for booting Nicole. She thinks he's taking things out on an innocent baby. "Really," asks EJ, "I just met Sydney's real father."

Sami gasps, "So That's why you and Nicole are fighting."

"By George, I think she's got it!"

"It was a closed adoption," says Sami, "How did he know how to find you?"

"Another of Nicole's lies," snarls EJ, "The adoption was neither closed nor legal. The father's name is Chad Peterson Woods."

"Mia's last boyfriend," gasps Sami, "That means Mia's the mother!"

Munchkins pop out of nowhere and start singing a little ditty:

It's a small world after all
It's a small world after all
It's a small world after all
It's a small, small world

Sami is stunned, "I knew Mia had a baby, but I just didn't know it would be Sydney."

"I'm ashamed of you," says EJ, "Not knowing something like that as long as you've been on this show. On the stupid scale, that puts you in the same territory as some fool who wouldn't be able to tell his wife wasn't pregnant."

Brady wants to know why Arianna is always bringing up Nicole, "Do you feel threatened by her?"

"Why would I be?"

"You tell me," says Brady, "And why are you always so anxious to get away from me?"

Arianna scratches her head, "You have to ask? "

Chloe says her despair has nothing to do with Daniel. She just wishes all this didn't have to be at Lucas' expense.

Daniel gets close, "That's because you are a compassionate... loving... wonderful... caring... slut. Trust me. I get it."

"And that," says Chloe, "is because you are the most patient, understanding person ever. I have waited my whole life for you.
There is no more waiting." That's for damn sure. Daniel attacks like the Charge of the Light Brigade.

Mia goes into whine overload. She tells Chad he's a great person but she doesn't care about him the way she wants her to care. Chad says he's happy Mia is finally being honest after making a complete idiot out of him. Mia insists this is about Sydney.

"So you've said a million times," he says, "But here's the thing... I know what's best for her. And it's not her lying mother or that crazy bitch Nicole..."

Mia interrupts, "If you cared about me..."

Chad interrupts her interruption, "I did care about you. More than you will ever know. But not any more. Now I hate you."

Nicole sits in Stefano's hospital room and tells him she came so close to putting things back together until Chad showed up. She says she knows she can fight Chad, "A new paternity test would match, but it would only bring new questions. It will only be a matter of time before the world knows Sydney is EJ and Sami's baby. They'll take her away from me and I'll go to prison and I won't see my baby girl for all the Days Of Our Lives. You have taken care of me through all this but you can't now, can you? It's over."

Out in the audience, Mable stands and shouts, "FINALLY!"

Lulu pulls her back into her seat, "Don't get your hopes up."


Sami is speechless. Realizing there is a first time for everything, EJ keeps on talking. he tells her Nicole admitted having the miscarriage and pretending to be pregnant, then found Mia and came up with Sydney, "This is basically the same thing you did with Grace. You can't judge Nicole."

"You're right," admits Sami, "It's the same decision. But if I had to do it all over again I'd..."

SLAM !

EJ's drink goes flying across the room, "Don't!"

Arianna says she knows she hurt Brady and says he didn't deserve that, "You're a great guy."

"In a boring sort of way," says Brady.

"I never should have said that," says Arianna, "What I was trying to say was... was..."

Brady picks up on it, "Was... you're dull... you're no fun... you're snooze inducing."

"Brady, please," she whines, "I'm talking about you, not the show. You're amazing... smart... strong... lovable... and a little snooze inducing."

Daniel takes the plunge. Speaking figuratively, of course.

Meanwhile, back in Maggie's' kitchen, Chad still hates Mia. Mia begs him to think about Sydney. He says he is and that means he's going for custody, "I'm not listening to another word out of your lying mouth." He leaves. Outside, he gives the handoff to Will, "She's all yours."

Will walks in and picks up the pieces.

EJ turns his wrath on Sami. She says she can't protect Johnny from him but will protect her other children.

Mr. Snooze Inducer says, "I think I've figured it out."

Arianna asks, "Figured what out."

Brady moves in, "This..."

Mia whines, "As long as I have you, I'm going to be OK."

"Well," says Will, "I'm (say it with him) here for you. I love you, you know. We will find a way to get through this."

The whine-meter goes off the scale, "He can't take Sydney. There has to be a way to stop him or find someone to help us."

Nicole tells Sydney she can't let her go, "But you can't help me, Stefano, so I have to help myself. Think Nicole, think. What would Stefano do? He'd probably make the kid disappear. Maybe I should do that... No... But you have to do something Nicole... What? Blackmail? Find something on him... Waitaminute... that might work... I'll get the kid DETENTION!"

EJ wonders if Sami is trying to scare him. She says she's just stating a fact. Sami insists EJ loves Sydney, "You will do anything for her and that means keeping her with the only mother she has ever known. You love her, so help Nicole keep her baby."

Nicole calls Chad. She says they can't talk on the phone and wants to meet.

"I don't have time for games," says Chad.

"No games," she assures him, "I'm just tying up loose ends. I'm sure we can work something out. Mia dumped you... EJ dumped me... we both want Sydney... we're both on the rebound... think of the possibilities."

NOTE – you can now follow Prevuze on twitter at: http://twitter.com/prevuze

Prevuze II has a video of the daily show previews, which should be available by noon (EST) on any given day. To see Prevuze II: CLICK HERE


12 Comments:

Anonymous Berg said...

Why the hell is Sami being so holier than thou righteous?? As an EJAMI on a thread here, I am not too certain there will ever be an EJAMI. This story still smacks of RAFE. Which by the way is a whole other issue I can't get my brain around. sigh, this show will drive me to drink. Oh wait, it already has.

And Prevuze - no "hanging Chad" remarks? Getting slower in your old age?
Verification word Towfued. The crap the writers shove down our throats. As in I wish the writers would stop shoving towfued storylines down our throats and get some real talent.

4:01 AM  
Blogger Prevuze said...

And Prevuze - no "hanging Chad" remarks? Getting slower in your old age?


We did the "hanging Chad" thing on September 10... CLICK HERE.

After posting it, I got a tweet back from Casey Deidrick, who plays Chad, thanking me for the shoutout, but I think he may be a little too young to know exactly what it was all about. Can you believe it's been almost a decade since hanging chads were all the rage?

4:53 AM  
Anonymous Leslie said...

The bric, the brac and the flowers come crashing to the floor as Chloe soaks in the majesty.

Majesty = eye candy. The DOOL mantra is “if you can’t give them brilliant or simply decent story telling, give them a hottie to ogle”. Attractive actors/actresses must be easier to find than good writers.

Sami leaves. Outside she wonders what's going on.

…and the viewers wonder what the heck she was doing at the mansion in the first place. Was Harold actually on the job and just let her in? If not, EJ should look into installing a better alarm system.

"What's going on? Or is it none of my business?"

"I didn't know there was anything you thought might be none of your business," says Sami.

I was thinking exactly the same thing.

"Make sure you take care of Sami, too. All of her personalities."

Sami strangest personality is the one that calls her once bitter enemy, Nicole, her friend. DOOL = Historical Revisionism R Us.

Outside, Sami finds Nicole and offers to help.

Let me get this straight. Sami interrupts the EJ/Nicole brawl, heads to the cemetery for a consultation with Grace, gets advice from Maggie, hurries back to the mansion, and manages to catch the tail end of the EJ/Nicole brawl just as EJ is kicking Nicole to the curb. Is the cemetery across the street from the mansion?

Sami is stunned, "I knew Mia had a baby, but I just didn't know it would be Sydney."

"I'm ashamed of you," says EJ, "Not knowing something like that as long as you've been on this show. On the stupid scale, that puts you in the same territory as some fool who wouldn't be able to tell his wife wasn't pregnant."

Prevuze – you forgot about EJ not figuring out that Sami was pregnant. To be fair, her parents were also too stupid to figure that one out. Actually, the entire town of Salem is shrouded in a cloud of stupid. It’s a shame the writers can’t get the viewers to all move to Salem. Maybe then we would be buying what they’re trying to sell…as if!!!

"It's over."

Out in the audience, Mable stands and shouts, "FINALLY!"

Lulu pulls her back into her seat, "Don't get your hopes up."

Leslie says, “We couldn’t get that lucky”.

Mia dumped you... EJ dumped me... we both want Sydney... we're both on the rebound... think of the possibilities."

Hmmm – apparently, Prevuze reads the spoilers too! No wait a minute – Prevuze not only passed DOOL 101 but has an advanced degree. Nicole coming onto Chad just follows DOOL’s logic. LOL!!!!!!!!!

Prevuze = a rollicking good time!!

5:56 AM  
Blogger Applecheeks said...

Salem's cluelessness record ruined;

A log sits beside them. There is a bump on it named Will. The bump on the log stares;

"I didn't know there was anything you thought might be none of your business," says Sami;

Hey, it wouldn't be the first thing to come back from the dead on this show.

Prevuze was on a patented prevuzeroll today! LOL

EJ kicks her to the curb again.

That curb is getting more action than Kate did back in her "pro" days.

Munchkins pop out of nowhere and start singing a little ditty: It's a small world after all,

Oh, expletive deleted! Now that insipid song will be haunting me all the DAYS OF OUR LIVES.

The way Nicole has been handing Sydney off to anyone handy and dragging her all over town, I hope the poor child doesn't come down with the H1N1 flu.

Prevuze, thanks for the thrilling Thursday things to snark about.

7:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

URG. Sorry, that's me trying to keep down my breakfast when I saw the Hope picture. "To find myself" - the most insipid line soaps ever came up with and they all use it. Let's hope poor Patrick is safe in prison or wherever he's supposed to be so Hope can't find him. HAHAHAHA

Deidre Hall walks into the scene, "Tough? You think she has it tough?" What do you think it's like for a former soap opera queen who is out of work in this economy?" Suddenly I got several scenarios she could have said:

Tough? You think she has it tough? Try babysitting Sami's two kids whom you've never seen before for a whole month" or

Tough? You think she has it tough? Try finding out you live only blocks away from Carrie and Austin and Patch and Kayla and realize you're in a NuSalem hell" or

Tough? You think she has it tough? Try changing John's diapers ten times a day."

Ah, I could go on but I must stop. Love the Victor picture and Grace getting more air time than the regulars. Thanks for getting my brain up and running this morning, Prevuze! :D

8:22 AM  
Anonymous embee said...

Poor little Grace. Between being given the task of watching over Super FBI Agent Rafe, counseling Sami on her love life, and now being responsible for finding a solution for Nicole and her trainwreck of a life, the poor kid can't get a minutes peace!

8:41 AM  
Anonymous LemonGrass said...

I've figured it out!! Carrie's masquerading in a Sami mask just like Sami masqueraded in a Stan one.

That's the only reason Sami's actions make sense.

I can't wait to see Sami's words come back and back her in the backside.

8:52 AM  
Blogger Applecheeks said...

Tough? You think she has it tough? Try changing John's diapers ten times a day."

Great one, Anon LMAO!!

9:12 AM  
Anonymous Bulldog said...

Applecheeks - thanks. I gotta million of them.

I forgot to put my name on there but that was me. Duh!

11:08 AM  
Anonymous Betyar said...

Thanks Prevuze for this super-snarky edition of Daze...and of Thursday none the less! I LMAO at most of the stuff, but I'm plagued by one thing...It seems like one of Sami's personalities is switching personalities again. The whole Sami helping Nicole thing is just asenine. WTF is going on in that multiple personality head of hers? It'll probably be safer if I don't ask...a little angel with wings is sitting on my right shoulder wispering "Don't go there"...but on my other shoulder...well, you can guess which one of them won me over :)

11:32 AM  
Anonymous Leslie said...

Bulldog said...
Applecheeks - thanks. I gotta million of them.

I forgot to put my name on there but that was me. Duh!

I thought that diaper comment had Bulldog written all over it!!! Too funny!!!

12:14 PM  
Anonymous Berg said...

And Prevuze - no "hanging Chad" remarks? Getting slower in your old age?


We did the "hanging Chad" thing on September 10... CLICK HERE.

I must have had one of those John Black Specials administered by Stefano because I even threw a penalty flag on you! Wow this show is killing brain cells.

5:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Blogarama     Globe Of Blogs