Monday, October 12, 2009

A Deep Reserve Of Enemies

We pan in on Brady, sitting on the park bench. Melanie finds him and asks how he is doing. Brady ain' in no mood for Melanie. Just like everyone else. Melanie disregards his wishes, sits and asks about Nicole. Brady rants, "Nicole said the wrong thing at the wrong time to the wrong person."

"I do that a lot myself," says Melanie.

"The house of cards," says Brady, "has come crashing down." Oh, my...

Nicole shows up at Maggie's place to talk to Mia, "I need a favor... for Sydney."

EJ wanders into the rumpus room and sees a picture of Sydney.

Sami calls Nicole and leaves a message, "You were (say it with her) there for me when I needed help and I want to (say it with her) be there for you. Give me a call." Roman arrives he comes in and Arianna shows up at the open door. Sami immediately puts two and two together and comes up with five, "Oh, God! It's about Rafe, isn't it?"

Bo sits in the pub and reads the newspaper. The headline jumps out at us, "Lawrence Alamain's Killer Still At Large." Apparently, the SPD is helping to find the killer. Justin joins Bo. "What's up," asks Bo. Justin pulls out an ominous-looking envelope.

Omar brings Carly her morning coffee, and then goes to make breakfast. Carly sits and frets, "I just hope I can get to Bo in time and he's willing to help me."

Bo asks, "Where did you go."

Justin says, "To see Hope." Bo hands the poor guy a barf bag.

Hope packs. Ciara asks why. Hope tells her she knows Ciara misses her daddy and she's taking her back to Salem. Ciara and Hope share a hug.

Bo snarls, "Did Hope invite you or did you invite yourself?."

Justin asks, "Who in his right mind would voluntarily go to see Hope?" He defends his actions. Bo is upset because Hope hasn't contacted him and Justin got to see her. Bo never has been one to count his blessings. Justin says Hope had a legal matter to discuss. He hands Bo the dreaded envelope.

Melanie pries. Living with Maggie has rubbed off on her. Brady advises her to keep her mouth shut if she ever has a bad phone connection. May all her phone connections be bad. Melanie tries to encourage him, "We all know love makes us go insane."

"You must've had plenty of love in your life," says Brady. He tells her about Arianna figuring things out, him calling Nicole in Paris and blabbing to EJ. "So," says Melanie, "that put EJ on high alert... What was the secret?"

Chad calls to leave a message for Mia. He wants to swing by later and hang out.

Mia gets distracted and Nicole scolds her for not paying attention, "This is about Sydney! The truth about Sydney is out! EJ knows. He was furious and said he wanted us out of the house and never wants to see us again."

"What does that mean," asks Mia.

"Uh," stammers Nicole, "I think it means he wants us out of the house and never wants to see us again. But really, it doesn't mean a thing. He just needs to get his bearings. I will convince him even though Sydney isn't his biological child she is his daughter and then he will come around. He will take us back into his home and his heart. Tra-la, tra-la."

"Ooh," squeals Mia, "Can you please tell me another fairy tale?" She tells Nicole she won't be able to keep quiet about this. Maggie has rubbed off on her, too.

EJ picks up Sydney's baby album, contemplates and broods. He sheds a tear.

Brady continues telling Melanie about Nicole's pregnancy, miscarriage, fake pregnancy, his cooperation and the stand-in baby. Melanie defends Brady, "If you hadn't helped her, she would have found another dimwit to do it."

Roman says this isn't about Rafe. He tells the girls Meredith has disappeared. It happened the day after Sami got Rafe's email.

Hope gets ready to go. Ciara goes to draw daddy a picture. Julie calls and Hope fills her in on their plans. Hope hangs up and watches Ciara draw. Back in the engineering room, the excitement meter goes off the scale and the needle melts.

Bo reads the documents and is relieved they aren't divorce papers. He sees Hope wants to transfer Ciara to a private school. Bo agrees to sign. Justin is a little surprised, but hands Bo the papers. Bo takes out his pin and scrawls his big "X" at the bottom of the page.

Omar comes in and informs Carly the captain has found a body in the water. Carly orders, "Bring it on board. We may need some bait for our shark fishing expedition this afternoon."

Bo instructs Justin to tell Hope he signed without reservation. Justin suggests he tell Hope that himself. He sees the article about Lawrence, "This guy had a deep reserve of enemies, didn't he?" Bo says he thinks Carly is probably in seclusion. Justin asks about Bo's relationship with her. "Carly and I were close," says Bo, "but my heart only belonged to one woman... Billie."

Hope finds Ciara's picture and looks at it. It vaguely resembles a picture of Mommy, Daddy and Ciara. Leonardo DiVinci steps up behind her and looks it over, "I guess I don't have to worry about any competition from Ciara."

Picasso steps up and looks, "I think I should worry. This resembles something I would have done during my scribbleist period."


Roman says he feels Rafe is OK in spite of all this. "Based on what," asks Arianna.

"Ear wax," says Roman.

The girls give him a look, "Huh?"

"Yeah," says Roman, "I get most of my hunches from the same place... I pull them out of my ear."

"So," asks Sami, "In other words, you get them from inside your head."

"Right."

"Which means they're coming from thin air."

"Right."


Arianna leaves to go to work. Sami tells Roman she's still concerned, "The more time that goes by the more I think something has really happened to Rafe."

Carly checks out Rafe's lifeless body, "Can you hear me? She goes in for some mouth-to-mouth.

Chad and Will jog up to the pub. Chad compliments Will's stride. Will gets defensive about Mia, "I'm happy for you two. You really deserve each other."

Mia tells Nicole she won't keep her mouth shut, "Now that EJ knows the truth Sydney's life won't be any better than I would have given her."

Nicole protests, "But you're still in high school and don't have a cent."

"And if you enroll in high school," says Mia, "That will make us even. Except for the pesky little fact that I have a place to live." Nicole bobs and weaves. She claims she has things under control and she just needs for Mia to keep her mouth shut. She insists EJ won't give up on Sydney.

"What about you," says Mia, "Will EJ give up on you?" A referee separates them and gives Mia a warning for hitting below the belt.

EJ huffs and paces. He sees his wedding picture, decides he can't stay there and bolts.

Sami blathers to herself and decides something is wrong. She runs out of her apartment.

Carly continues to administer CPR.

Prevuze

Rafe starts to choke. Dr. Carly screams for blankets and then elects to use the experimental and controversial rip-his-shirt-off-for-some-gratuitous-skin-shots protocol.

Melanie continues to assure Brady Nicole would have used someone else for her scheme, so it's not his fault. "Let me get this straight," asks Brady, "I voluntarily elected to do something and totally messed it up, but it's not my fault, right?"

"That's the way I roll," says Melanie, "and so should you."


Brady beats himself up. He decides to go for a jog. Melanie decides to run with him, but Brady says he wants to be alone. Melanie asks, "Are you sure you'll be fine?"

Brady gets sarcastic, "No, I'm going to go score a little coke." He assures her he's kidding and takes off.

Bo says, "The reason Hope and I work is because we communicate. She communicates and I obey." Justin leaves.

Hope packs. She gets Bo's call. Things have defrosted a bit. Bo tells her he signed the papers, "I want what's best for you and our baby." He asks when she is coming home.

Carly tells Omar they have to get Rafe to the hospital. Omar goes to alert the hospital as Carly continues to tend to the shivering mass formerly known as Rafe.

Brady finishes hes jog. He stops, watches a drug deal and smacks his lips.

Will and Chad continue to bicker. Will accuses Chad of gloating. Chad says he just wants things out in the open. He wants things to be cool between them. He leaves. Will sneers, "There is no way Mia is still into that guy. Something else is going on."

Note to our Canadian readers who've gorged themselves on Thanksgiving dinner: Science has found most diets start on the same day... someday.


Arianna is back at the pub talking on the phone, "I'll take six kilos." Melanie bustles in and Arianna asks what her problem is. Melanie tells her Brady is a complete wreck.

"What happened," asks Arianna.

"You did," says Melanie, "You opened your mouth and all hell has broken loose."

Nicole assures Mia EJ won't be able to live without his daughter and so he will take her back, too. Mia just can't believe things turned out this way.

"Stuff happens," says Nicole, "it will all resolve itself. It's a self-correcting cluster bomb."

Mia insists it won't work out, "I just gave up the sweetest guy in the world so Chad won't go digging around. I broke up with Will for nothing."

"That's not true," insists Nicole, "I won't let this fall apart. I'm sorry you had to make a huge sacrifice, but look at the bright side. Sami won't be your mother-in-law. Don't screw this up."

Arianna says she feels terrible. She didn't want to cause Brady any pain. Melanie accuses Arianna of messing up Brady's life and leaves.

Brady gives himself a pep talk, "You're fine. Go to a meeting. Accept responsibility."

Simmering EJ comes up behind him, "Good idea. Your timing couldn't be better, because I'm looking for someone to blame for destroying my life."

Nicole drags out the same script she was using a half hour ago and tells Mia she has to clam up. "You're treating me like a pathetic little girl," says the pathetic little girl, "I have to think about Chad, too. How do you think he would fee if he found out my rehab counselor adopted a baby?" DOOL lives up to its predictable standards as Chad walks in and soaks it in.

Hope tells Bo she's coming home. Bo remains happy in spite of that. Hope bursts his balloon, "I'm doing this for Ciara."

"Take a hike, b*tch," says Bo, "I care about our daughter and want to see her, but I've had it with living with a self-absorbed shrew. Have a nice life." Suddenly, Bo looks down into his lap, notices a couple of things missing and says, "Never mind, sweet-ums, I take back everything I just said. Please hurry home so I can have another heapin' helpin' of abuse."

Sami visits Grace's grave, "I know you're up in heaven so we'll never see each other again, but I feel your presence every day. I need a favor. I'm hoping you can keep a special eye out for your daddy." Apparently, she's been promoted to St. Grace, Patron Saint Of The Dull

Carly tends to Rafe. Omar comes in and she tells him Rafe's pulse is irregular. Rafe takes a turn for the worse. Carly pounds his chest, "You have to fight! I'm not going to lose you!"

Sharks gather 'round the boat and lick their chops.

NOTE – you can now follow Prevuze on twitter at: http://twitter.com/prevuze

Prevuze II has a video of the daily show previews, which should be available by noon (EST) on any given day. To see Prevuze II: CLICK HERE


9 Comments:

Blogger Firstfall said...

Is it me or does it seem Chad is the only person in Salem with good hearing?

5:39 AM  
Anonymous Leslie said...

Brady ain' in no mood for Melanie. Just like everyone else.

It’s Monday, it’s around 6:30 AM, I’m sitting at my desk at work, and I sure as heck ain’t in no mood for Melanie. Of course, I’m never in the mood for Melanie.

Hope tells her she knows Ciara misses her daddy and she's taking her back to Salem.

Where had they been holed up – Outer Mongolia? Hope doesn’t mess around when she needs time away from Bo. She leaves town.

Brady continues telling Melanie about Nicole's pregnancy, miscarriage, fake pregnancy, his cooperation and the stand-in baby.

If Brady is confiding in Melanie, he’s in desperate need of a friend. Apparently they have a special bond because Brady got the Philanie sex tape pulled from the Internet. Geez.

Leonardo DiVinci steps up behind her and looks it over, "I guess I don't have to worry about any competition from Ciara."

Picasso steps up and looks, "I think I should worry. This resembles something I would have done during my scribbleist period."

Prevuze – the best art history blog on the Internet!

"What about you," says Mia, "Will EJ give up on you?" A referee separates them and gives Mia a warning for hitting below the belt.

Mia once again proves she has infinitely more sense than Nicole. If Nicole had any sense at all, she would avoid giving Mia updates on her relationship with EJ.

“I'm hoping you can keep a special eye out for your daddy." Apparently, she's been promoted to St. Grace, Patron Saint Of The Dull.

That would be St. Grace, Patron Saint of the Shirtless, Near Death, and Terminally Dull. Rafe and Sami broke up. How much more delusional and needy can Sami get? As far as Sami knows, EJ is Grace's biological father but she continues to refer to Rafe as Grace's "Daddy". Sami could use a great big helping of reality. Unfortunately, she won't be getting that anytime soon. This is DOOL.

Carly pounds his chest, "You have to fight! I'm not going to lose you!"

Sharks gather 'round the boat and lick their chops.

Prevuze – we couldn’t get that lucky!

Great picture of Sydney reacting to Nicole's news. Happy Columbus Day everyone!

6:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey i love Picasso !! Don't mess up with Pablo ! lol
Euh Sami...remember you do the deed with Ej last year, and 9 months after there was Grace, you didn't know Rafe at that time..so if you have a brain you would know that Ej is Grace's daddy NOT RAFE !!!! Ok i know it's Dool so my last sentence doesn't make any sense..hahahaaaaaa or is it sex by thinking transmission..humhum new soap concept..interesting..

7:51 AM  
Blogger Applecheeks said...

Oh the suffering! Oh, the angst! No, I'm not talking about the soap characters, I'm talking about ME! We've been without Internet access until 15 minutes ago. Monday morning - no Prevuze ~~~shudders~~~

OK, with that off my chest, loved the Bo/Carly photo and Sydney's pic. And LOL at this Prevuism,

"Lawrence Alamain's Killer Still At Large." Apparently, the SPD is helping to find the killer.

One of my HUH?! moments today:

[Roman] tells the girls Meredith has disappeared.

And he knows that because...?Someone filed a missing persons report? The SPD has a tail on her for no apparent reason?

Roman, "I get most of my hunches from the same place... I pull them out of my ear."

Oh, my. That could gone so many other places - to warped, dark places. For example, “he gets them by pulling them out of his posterior. Which makes them crap.” But, I’D never go there. Nosirree. Glad to see Prevuze didn’t either.

Happy Columbus Day to all you folks who are getting this bogus holiday off. Happy Prevuze to everyone!

8:42 AM  
Anonymous Bulldog said...

It's Monday, the caffeine hasn't kicked in yet so once again I'm scratchin' my head and mumblin' "HUH?" If Hope's on her way home as I type why have Justin deliver legal papers? How about going home and discussing the issue like two adults? Like why she wants to do this and, I'm sure, the tremendous cost, etc.? Oh, this is Daze. Never mind.

Sami rushes out because SOMETHING'S WRONG! Where is she rushing to? What, did she implant some kind of monitoring device on Rafe? He could be anywhere on the planet or up in the space station for all she knows. MAYBE HE WAS ON THAT ROCKET THEY FIRED INTO THE MOON! HAHAHAHAHA

LOL over Pard's earwax and "That's the way I roll" says Mia. Prevuze - most up-to-date with the latest and coolest lingo blog on the Internet.

Thanks for the Monday laughs and facing this on a holiday for us, Prev!

8:49 AM  
Anonymous Scolly said...

I love Bo looking down and realizing something's missing.

Something's missing alright. Like a million brain cells.

8:52 AM  
Anonymous Leslie said...

Roman, "I get most of my hunches from the same place... I pull them out of my ear."

Oh, my. That could gone so many other places - to warped, dark places. For example, “he gets them by pulling them out of his posterior. Which makes them crap.” But, I’D never go there. Nosirree. Glad to see Prevuze didn’t either.

Applecheeks - you may have not gone there but you went close enough. I was thinking of the same analogy but my version wasn't going to be quite so delicate. LOL!!! I can't decide whether it's like minds or warped minds that head in the same direction.

9:32 AM  
Blogger Prevuze said...

Roman, "I get most of my hunches from the same place... I pull them out of my ear."

Oh, my. That could gone so many other places - to warped, dark places.


OK. I considered it. I really did. But frankly, I knew someone would pick up the ball and run with it and Applecheeks and Leslie did not disappoint. And the rest of you out there with smirks on your faces who just didn't comment about it... I know what you were thinking.

11:06 AM  
Anonymous WingNut '75 said...

My big WTH moment of the day:

Omar comes in and informs Carly the captain has found a body in the water.

Okay, seriously - the Rafester has been floating in the Salem River now for how many days? First off, he's a fairly muscular guy - muscular people sink in the water so he should have been on the bottom of the River until he died and started to decay at which point the gasses would cause him to surface. Second off, even if he was semi-conscious and working to stay afloat, how long would he last in the (presumably) chilly waters of Salem River in October? There should have been nothing left for Carly to even try and revive. I know - I'm attempting to insert a bit of reality into the fantasy world known as DOOL but come on! At least make things plausible (at least as much so as Meredith being able to haul around and dump the Rafester's body into the river in the first place).

/RANT

Simmering EJ comes up behind him, "Good idea. Your timing couldn't be better, because I'm looking for someone to blame for destroying my life."

So you're going to blame Brady instead of blaming the woman who lied to you for 9 months about being pregnant and the fact that you're a blithering idiot for believing her? Gimme a flipping break! Dude, you're a freaking idiot. Get over it and stop blaming others for your lack of a single intelligent brain cell.

/RANT 2

Whew - got those 2 rants off of my chest just in time to LOL over:

Suddenly, Bo looks down into his lap, notices a couple of things missing and says, "Never mind, sweet-ums, I take back everything I just said. Please hurry home so I can have another heapin' helpin' of abuse."

I'm also LMAO at Leslie and Applecheeks giving voice to the place where all of our minds went when we saw Pard's ear-pulling set-up.

MAYBE HE WAS ON THAT ROCKET THEY FIRED INTO THE MOON!

Bulldog, to quote Leslie, "we couldn't get that lucky!"

Prevuze ® - Best darn science experiment monitoring blog on the Internet

12:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Blogarama     Globe Of Blogs