Friday, September 11, 2009

Trouble In Paradise

Roman comes into the hotel room to meet Arianna carrying sacks, "Breakfast – compliments of the department. Doughnuts, doughnut bagels, a doughnut omelet, doughnut flavored oatmeal, doughnut toast with doughnut jelly and doughnut flavored coffee. Eat up and enjoy. Did you sleep OK? I thought a good night's sleep might help you change your mind about quitting." Arianna tells him she hasn't changed her mind, and she feels terrible. He reminds her it was her idea to go undercover, "You can't just walk away."

Brady finds Mary in the park with Sydney, "Oh, how we do'n dis morning you widdle cutie?" He also greets Sydney.

Brady moves to pick Sydney up but EJ walks up and gets nasty, "Get your hands off my daughter."

Rafe sits in the Java Café and computes. He stares into the screen and tries to figure things out. Suddenly all the complex information he has gathered starts to make sense to him and he figures he can make his big decision, "That does it, I'll have a venti vanilla latte with double foam."

Nicole shows up at Sami's, "Rafe is hounding me. You have to call him off, Sami."

Daniel, Nathan and Melanie are together in Maggie's kitchen. Nathan has test results and says the poison didn't show up on Kate's gloves. Daniel mulls over the consequences, "Chloe is as good as dead."

"So what you're saying," asks Nathan, "is that if traces of the poison were on the gloves, that would have saved Chloe's life?"

Kate stands in Chloe's room, "Later, my dear." She leaves.

Rafe makes a call, "There is something I have to tell you but I can't tell you over the phone. How about the Java Café, where every Tom, Dick and Harry in the room can hear what we're saying?" He hangs up and stares back into his computer at the dirt he's dug up on Nicole, "All right, Nicole, we'll find out what you did one way or another.

Prevuze



Nicole tells Sami Rafe is practically stalking her, "He dragged me to a convent. That's just crazy isn't it?"

"No," says Sami, "not really."

Stefano meets Kate at the pub. He compliments her and she tells him to bug off, "Attempting to assassinate my son is not exactly something that would endear me to you."

Stefano reminds her, "You didn't bury your son. I buried mine after he died such a horrible death. Parts of the pallet are still stuck in him. So, what... you're judging me after what you have done?"

What the hell do you think you're talking about," asks Kate.

Daniel wants Nathan to give Chloe another dose. Nathan is reluctant. Melanie steps in and volunteers.

Arianna tells Roman she fell in love and that's why she wants to walk.

EJ sends Mary packing, and then he and Brady trade insults. Things heat up. Brady goes uber-macho, "Come on Elvis, make a move. Do it."

Sami defends Rafe. She tells Nicole he's grieving. Nicole thinks he needs professional help, "I think he's got a delusional mind."

"I doubt it," says Sami, "Wouldn't he have to have a mind in the first place for it to be delusional?"

Nurse Nellie from the clinic joins Rafe. He tells her Baker is dead, "Nicole walker killed him." But he's not delusional...

Nathan is reluctant to help with Chloe. Melanie jumps in and says she will, but Nathan tells her she can't do that, or it will jeopardize her nursing career. Daniel jumps in, "Perhaps we shouldn't be bickering about criminal acts at the top of our lungs."

That only spurs Nathan and Melanie to take it to new heights. They snipe back and forth about who is better equipped to be Daniel's accomplice. Things get intense as Daniel gets a call. Daniel sees his little suggestion to stop the bickering didn't work, "I'm glad we're ratcheting down the tension." He takes the call.

It's Justin, who tells him the DA wants him at a meeting, "Meet me in front of the courthouse and look innocent."

"Wait a minute," says Daniel, "I heard through the grapevine that earlier today, you got involved in a fight at Bo and Hope's house, were beaten to a pulp, shot twice, and almost died. And so now you're back in action only a couple hours later? What's up with that?"

"I heal quickly," says Justin.


Daniel gets off the phone. He gets the attention of the two kiddies, "Listen... If we don't move, Chloe will die."

Prevuze

As he walks out the door, Daniel turns to Nathan, "Up the dose to 80 milligrams."

"That will kill her."

Daniel convinces them they have to go ba**s to the wall for Chloe. He leaves. Nathan turns to Melanie, "OK. We've got to do it... we'll give her the 80 grams."

Roman is indignant, "You fell in love. What did I do to deserve this?"

Arianna lets him down gently, "Not with you, nitwit."

"Who is it?"

"Brady black," says Arianna, "He's a former junkie and he knows all about drug operations. He'll figure things out."

"So," says Roman, "This just means we just speed things up."

Arianna says, "I'm not afraid of getting hurt, but Brady cannot find out about my past until my scars heal."

Brady and EJ do some chest thumping. Brady makes a valiant attempt to put his foot in his mouth, "I can't believe Nicole risked..." He stops short, gives a few parting shots and leaves. EJ wonders what Nicole risked.

Rafe accuses Nurse Nellie of knowing more than she's telling.

Sami reminds Nicole Rafe helped her through the most difficult time of her life. She says she will never forget that, "I don't care what EJ says, Rafe was Grace's father. He would have thrown himself in front of a train for that little girl." Sami goes into her patented total breakdown mode and lectures Nicole for calling Rafe crazy. Nicole apologizes. Sami turns on the afterburners, "Rafe may not be in my life but that will not stop me from caring about him. You will not turn me against him, no matter what you say."

"Even if I remind you he brought that dog painting into your house?"

"You're right," says Sami, "I hate him."


Kate tells Stefano she's under a lot of strain. Stefano takes that as an invitation and sits with her. He asks if the stress is about trying to fend off the rumors about what happened to Chloe. Kate shoots him a look that could kill and suggests he move on, "I don't need your help. I have help."

Stefano reminds her help from Victor is help from the same man who is paying for Dr. Jonas' defense. Kate threatens, "Victor's driver is waiting for me in the limo. Don't make me go get him." As he leaves Stefano tells her she can always come to him.

"Not in a million years," says Kate.

"One more thing," sneers Stefano, "My driver is much bigger than Victor's."

"It can't be," says Kate, "Victor's driver is a Callaway Big Bertha max regulation 460cc."

Prevuze - Best golf blog on the Internet®


Nicole backpedals and apologizes. She tells Sami EJ has become volatile after losing Grace. She thinks Sami can help her avert another catastrophe. Sami thanks her for coming and says she'd rather be alone. Nicole leaves. Sami huffs, "That was fun." She checks her watch and bugs out.

Nurse Nellie continues to say she knows nothing. Rafe wonders if Nicole did something to make Grace sick "that night."

The DA arrives. He looks at Justin, "Man, you look great for a guy who was just beaten, shot and nearly died."

"I heal quickly," says Justin.


"Look," says the DA, "I've decided to offer Dr. Jonas a deal." He turns to Daniel, "It's your lucky day."

Back at the hospital, we pan out from the drug cart. Above it is a blinking neon sign, "CAUTION... CONTROLLED SUBSTANCES... DANGER!" Melanie putters around and sneaks toward the drug cart.

Maxine stomps up, "Just what are you doing?"

Roman makes Arianna sit down, "I don't want to have to talk to you like you're my daughter." He talks to her like she's his daughter, "If a guy like Brady finds out about your past and that changes how he feels about you, then he's stupid and doesn't deserve you. But I think you're selling Brady short. If you drop out now, Brady will find out. You are not more important than the program. Nobody is."

Arianna spews, "I hate you."

Roman has heard that before, "Join the club. We're in the home stretch and it won't be long before you and Brady are waltzing into the sunset."

"What," asks Arianna, "Only two stupid clichés? You're slipping."

Roman leaves. Outside, he leans against the door, "It's for her own good. Keep telling yourself that."

Nurse Nellie suddenly realizes it was Rafe's baby that died. Well, sort of. She says she can see his grief. Rafe whispers, "I won't let her get away with this."

Nellie asks, "With what? Why would anyone try to kill a defenseless baby?"

Stefano is in the rumpus room and tells EJ his diabetes is under control, "Now you can have your honeymoon!"

"I hate to break it to you," says EJ, "but we weren't planning on taking you with us. In any event, I've decided not to go."

"I guess that will just make it a better trip for Nicole," says Stefano.

Brady meets Nicole in the park. He rants about EJ. Nicole says EJ isn't that bad and suggests he just be careful. Brady tells her about his meeting with EJ in the park. Nicole tells him to keep his distance form EJ and things will be OK. She says she's scared EJ will figure things out. They hug as Arianna walks up. Nicole whines, "I will never forget what you've done for me."

The DA says the state will accept a plea of no contest and Daniel will receive a lightened sentence. He urges Daniel to accept the offer before Ms. Horton dies, "because if she dies, it really gets interesting."

"If it really gets interesting," says Daniel, "I assume that would be on a different show?"

Maxine says she just realized this isn't Melanie's regular shift. Melanie says she traded with another student flunky. Maxine gives her both barrels and says she and only she determines who works what shift. Melanie starts to go but Maxine tells her she can't because they are understaffed, "So finish the shift. You are working my last nerve."

Melanie scoots into Chloe's room, "Showtime."

Sami is at the convent with sister Claire, who tells her Rafe has been trying to reach Sister Teresa. Claire thinks Rafe isn't in control of himself. She isn't sure there is anything Sami can do about it, either.

Nicole thanks Brady and leaves. NEXT! Arianna walks up. Brady turns away and tells her he's pretending not to see her per instructions. He refuses to face her as she begs him to break the rule. Brady turns and faces her as she apologizes for jerking the rug out from under him. He asks about her ex. She asks about Nicole. Brady tells her she looks like she doesn't have a friend in the world right now.

Nurse Nellie tells Rafe Nicole couldn't have done what he thinks, "There was too much time between the birth and the time Grace got sick." Rafe wonders what Nicole was doing at the clinic. Nurse Nellie says she's not talking to him any more, "I'll pray for you." She leaves.

Rafe sits alone and mumbles, "You're wrong."

Arianna tells Brady she's fine. He tells her he worries about his friends and asks if they can be friends. "I'm not that kind of girl. I don't need support from my ex boyfriends."

"Just keep telling yourself that," says Brady.

Sister Claire urges Sami to give Rafe time. She asks how Sami is doing, "Is there anything we can do for you?"

"Maybe there is," says Sami.

Stefano senses there is something wrong between EJ and Nicole, "Trouble in paradise?" EJ claims not. He says he just has business to attend to. Stefano reminds him he works for him. EJ asks if there is something Stefano isn't telling him.

Rafe is at the pub. He has a flashback to his conversation with Nurse Nellie, just in case you forgot what happened five minutes ago. He drones, "Why were you there Nicole?" Right on cue, Nicole walks up. "I'm glad to run in to you," says Rafe.

Arianna says she heard Brady's conversation with Nicole and wonders what he did for her.

Nicole gets cynical, "What is it this time, Rafe? Are you going to haul me off to a cloister? A monastery? An ashram?" She pulls an envelope out of her purse, "See this? Know what it is? It's a restraining order. Come anywhere near me again and you go to jail."

EJ says he's made his decision and it's final. Stefano rants, "Does Nicole know what you have decided?"

Sami says she wants answers and the nuns can help her get them.

Daniel tells the DA to shove the offer, "I'll take my chances."

The DA gets grim, "You do understand the consequences if Chloe Horton dies..." He leaves.

Danny drones, "I wonder if he's thought about the consequences if she wakes up."

Melanie stands guard by the door in Chloe's room. Dr. Nathan plunges the liquid of life into Chloe. 80 grams of it.

NOTE – you can now follow Prevuze on twitter at: http://twitter.com/prevuze

Prevuze II has a video of the daily show previews, which should be available by noon (EST) on any given day. To see Prevuze II: CLICK HERE


9 Comments:

Anonymous Leslie said...

"Breakfast – compliments of the department. Doughnuts, doughnut bagels, a doughnut omelet, doughnut flavored oatmeal, doughnut toast with doughnut jelly and doughnut flavored coffee.”

After that snark attack, police departments across the world order their IT departments to block their employees’ access to the Prevuze blog.

Nathan has test results and says the poison didn't show up on Kate's gloves.

That begs the question – what DID show up on Kate’s gloves? Wait – don’t answer that!! Ewwwwww!!!

Brady goes uber-macho, "Come on Elvis, make a move. Do it."

Both of these guys are honchos in billion dollar international corporations. I’m guessing that EJ is wearing one of his ubiquitous suits with a tie, and Brady wants to settle this with his fists. Give me a break!

Daniel jumps in, "Perhaps we shouldn't be bickering about criminal acts at the top of our lungs."

They need to move it to the Java Café and bicker at the top of their lungs. Geez!

"I don't care what EJ says, Rafe was Grace's father.”

Correction – Chad was Grace’s father. Sami needs to get over this. Since she denied EJ his parental rights, Sami should take responsibility for her actions and accept and deal with EJ's anger. Even if she believes that Rafe was Grace's surrogate father, Sami should keep her mouth shut about it in EJ and Nicole's presense.

“He would have thrown himself in front of a train for that little girl."

Now that’s something that would have gotten this storyline moving.

The DA arrives. He looks at Justin, "Man, you look great for a guy who was just beaten, shot and nearly died.

I heal quickly," says Justin.

This writing team can’t be bothered with no stinkin’ continuity.

"If it really gets interesting," says Daniel, "I assume that would be on a different show?"

Damn straight!

Bulldog – Daniel probably needs more hands and/or fingers. Rafe watching Misty Circle – HAHAHA!!! Another week has come to an end with more terrific photos and a stellar Prevuze recap! TGIF and TGFP!!!

5:41 AM  
Blogger Applecheeks said...

…venti vanilla latte with double foam.

Mmmmmmmm, wish I had one of those about now.

but I can't tell you over the phone. How about the Java Café

Mainly because DOOL can’t afford to dress more than 3-4 sets in any one show.

Brady goes uber-macho, "Come on Elvis, make a move. Do it."

Oooo, Oooo! I’m envisioning both of them ripping their shirts open and doing manly chest bumps. Right? Right?

[Several paragraphs later]… Brady and EJ do some chest thumping. LOL, I called it. Almost.

"I heal quickly," says Justin.

On DAZE you either heal completely after a major trauma, or you linger unconscious for hours or days or weeks because you fell in a pond for 30 seconds before being pulled out. Hey, it’s happened!

“We're in the home stretch and it won't be long before you and Brady are waltzing into the sunset." Arianna, "Only two stupid clichés? You’re slipping.

And mixing his metaphors, just please tell me this wasn’t a subtle hint that Arianna & Brady are the next “Stars” on DWTS?

Let me add to Leslie's list of great photos Ciara at the door and Melanie wondering how long they should stand there. As long as it takes, baby, as long as it takes!

Blessed be it's Friday. Thanks for getting us there, Prevuze.

6:18 AM  
Blogger Prevuze said...

Oooo, Oooo! I’m envisioning both of them ripping their shirts open and doing manly chest bumps. Right? Right?

Down, girl.

The nekkid, rippling muscle smackdown only comes in the unrated director's cut.

6:28 AM  
Anonymous Leslie said...

The nekkid, rippling muscle smackdown only comes in the unrated director's cut.

That sounds like the makings of an uber-spectacular censored link!! Who needs Misty Circle when we can have a nekkid, rippling muscle EJ/Brady smackdown? Gracious, I can't imagine how the windows of this office got so steamed up.

6:47 AM  
Anonymous Bulldog said...

I slipped up - and on a Friday, too! I not only failed DOOL 101 I failed Prevuze 201.

I failed DOOL 101 because I thought they were going to have Melanie inject Chloe on her own because she thought Nathan wasn't going to do it and then Nathan would come in and inject her and - OVERDOSE! No such luck. HAHAHAHA

I failed Prevuze 201 because although I LOL over the Big Bertha information, when Stefano said "My driver is much bigger than Victor's" well.....I....I....sorta expected a censored link there. Or perhaps I just need to be like the candy stripers at the nurses station and get my mind out of the gutter?

Nicole handing Rafe a restraining order. Yet another thing I didn't see coming because that's too smart for her to do. Or any of them for that matter. Practically all of them should get restraining orders against each other. I'd start with Bo getting one against Hope and everyone in town getting one against Kate.

Loved "So what you're saying," asks Nathan, "is that if traces of the poison were on the gloves, that would have saved Chloe's life?" and poor Tony and the pallet pieces.

Great Prevuze today AND it's Friday! Happy weekend everyone! :D

7:48 AM  
Anonymous Bgirl said...

Is there seriously no reference to Justin being shot twice? Are we supposed to believe an attorney is walking around with a Kevlar vest on?

Word Verification zoons - the zany goons that work for Victor and Stefano - oh sorry that should be zzzoons. zzz zzz zzzz

8:06 AM  
Blogger Prevuze said...

Is there seriously no reference to Justin being shot twice? Are we supposed to believe an attorney is walking around with a Kevlar vest on?

It is, of course, Prevuze' policy NEVER to go back and watch for show points because, watching once is punishment enough, thank you. It is also difficult to watch the show and type at the same time, much as is the challenge of walking and chewing gum at the same time. Anyway, having said all that as a disclaimer, I do not believe they made even the slightest mention of Justin's injuries. After literally being declared DEAD by Dean yesterday, it seems today his injuries are no factor at all.

I probably missed some line like, "Hi, this is Justin and I just got a clean bill of health from my doctor, etc., etc.," but I don't recall it.

Feel free to let me know on Monday if I missed anything. Other than that, I guess Justin's philosophy is "gone today, here tomorrow."

9:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I LOVE that Nicole delivers a restraining order herself to the person it's against. Priceless.

9:07 AM  
Blogger Applecheeks said...

Don't feel bad Bulldog, I thought the same thing re: double dosing the diva. hahaha

...perhaps I just need to be like the candy stripers at the nurses station and get my mind out of the gutter.

You and me both, 'dog.

Sincerely,

Apple(nekkid-manly-smackdown)cheeks

12:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Blogarama     Globe Of Blogs