Tuesday, March 31, 2009

What Happens In Vegas Stays In Vegas

Lucas is with Sami at her place... well, Marlena's place. "I guess it's true," he says, "Will left a message and said you adopted a baby. Well... That's bull. Tell me who the baby really is."

Chloe arrives at the cabin calling for Lucas. No Lucas. She reaches in her purse takes out her little pregnancy kit and prays, "Dear God, don't let me be pregnant. And if I am, let it be Lucas' baby."

God shakes his head, "Not another who's-the-daddy story line. I can't take it!"

Kate stands outside the cabin door and hesitates before knocking.

Out in the hospital waiting area, Stefano mourns. He rages at Phillip. Phillip says he's sorry. He insists it was an accident. EJ pulls Stefano away. Stefano announces, "I'm going to go see Tony."

EJ asks, "Is he back from the dead already?"

Hope questions Nicole about what happened. Nicole says she is hesitant to answer because she needs to be sure. Hope asks what kind of a deal she struck with Phillip, "Can you say obstruction of justice?" Brady runs up and asks Nicole what she did.

Sami struts around in her off-color baseball cap with a "C" on it. It might be a Cubs hat, it might be a Cincinnati Reds cap, hell it might be a souvenir from the Calgary Stampede. Even Sami's caps have multiple personalities. Sami tells Lucas the baby is hers, "I lost the other one."

"You can't find most of them," says Lucas, "And I think you are lying." He backs her into a corner, "That baby is yours and EJ's."

Phillip apologizes to EJ. EJ wonders if Phillip is sorry Tony is dead or is sorry because it might hurt Titan. Victor tells EJ to back off.

Hope tells Brady Nicole is just a witness, but not a very cooperative one. Nicole says Tony and Phillip got into a fight. "But was it an accident," asks Hope.

"Yes," says Nicole, "Phillip's fist accidentally slammed into Tony's face."

EJ rants about his brother being dead, "Phillip Kiriakis killed my brother."

Brady says, "It's not true." He turns to Nicole, "Tell Hope that it was an accident."

"It was an accident," says Nicole, "I meant to kill him myself."

Nicole asks EJ if Tony talked. "Yes," says EJ.

"What did he say?"


"He said, 'Gsomphorp isst nbd nimolsss.'" EJ says Tony left a written message, "Unfortunately, he didn't write any better than he talked."

Chloe answers a knock at the cabin door and finds Kate. She invites her in. Kate says she wasn't sure she would be welcome, "After what happened in Vegas I wasn't so sure you'd want me here."

"What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas," says Chloe. Kate wants to talk about Lucas, "I have a proposition."

"Well," says Chloe, "You certainly have a lot of experience making propositions."

Sami continues to insist EJ's baby died. Lucas says he cares and just wants to help.

EJ says Tony left a note. He pulls it out. Nicole pipes up, "EJ, don't do this to yourself, or me." EJ hands Hope the note.

Hope looks at the note and gasps, "Tony is going to have to work on his handwriting."

EJ helps her out, "It's one letter, B."

"That certainly narrows things down," says Hope.

Stefano stands in Tony's room and says to himself... and Tony, of course, "This should never have happened. I would have given my life for yours. People call me arrogant. I laugh at that. Now I call myself that. I toyed with you. I thought I could teach you a lesson and then at the time of my own choosing would bring you back to me. But it is never going to happen now. I will never see you smile again, hear your laughter, hear you call me a pompous jerk."

Kate says she wants to make amends and make sure Lucas and Chloe's marriage works, "But you and I are a lot alike. We can't just be domestic. We need our own achievements. I'm even talking about things we can do standing up. Chloe, I am going to make you a star!"

Prevuze

Chloe and Kate hug. Kate says, "You will make a meteoric rise to the top." Then she thinks, "And even a more rapid descent..."

Sami tells Lucas the baby's name is Grace. She says it was heartbreaking when she lost Junior-Junior, "I had love to give a child and no one can understand that except Rafe."

"Will, Allie and Johnny certainly didn't under stand it," says Lucas. He tees off on Rafe, "You were being chased by an assassin and fell for the bodyguard who was practically holding you hostage. That's Stockholm syndrome!"

"Oh goodie," squeals Sami, "Does that count as another mental illness? I'm collecting them."

Stefano says he will live the rest of his life knowing how he treated Tony and what happened because of that, "But if I will pay, so will the people who did this. Your death will be vindicated, or I will die trying."

Tony looks up and asks, "Die trying? Are they going to fire you, too?"

Kate says she will make Chloe a star of a Hearth and Home TV show, "You will be the 'hostess with the mostest.' Until they hear you speak, anyway. Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak."

Chloe gets a good laugh, "OH, I GET IT! This is April first. You're playing an April fool's joke on me."

"I'm serious," insists Kate. She sings Chloe's praises and tells her she can do it. Suddenly, Chloe comes up with a headache and tells her they can continue this conversation tomorrow. Kate starts to leave, but accidentally spills Chloe's purse as she starts to walk out. Of course, the pregnancy kit goes rolling across the floor. Kate picks it up, "Chloe, tell me you're not pregnant."

Sami tells Lucas Rafe, Grace and her bonded.

"It must have been with Crazy Glue," says Lucas. He asks if Rafe will back her story up if he calls him, "Wanna give me that number now or should I wait?"

EJ says Phillip lured Tony to the pier and whatever happened caused Tony's death. He wants Phillip arrested and charged with murder. He turns to Nicole, "It's your call, sweetheart. Tell us what you saw."

Victor asks Phillip if he wants anything. "A big do-over," says Phillip. He tells Victor it wasn't an accident that Tony was at the dock and wasn't an accident they fought, "I had a hand in his death. Now he's dead. I'm going to have to deal with that for all the Days Of Our Lives."

Stefano bawls, rants and screams. Tony looks up, "Would you please quiet down? You could wake the dead."

Chloe tells Kate she hasn't been feeling well, "I just thought I should take that test before I talk to Lucas."

Kate sneers, "Or Daniel."

Chloe gasps, "What?"

"Oh, I forgot," chirps Kate, "he's not your doctor any more. A pregnancy would ruin everything wouldn't it?"

Sami calls Lucas' bluff. Lucas backs down. Sami goes into one of her patented rants. Grace's crying interrupts the meltdown. The baby settles down when Lucas picks her up. Grace settles down, too. Lucas gazes at Grace, "She doesn't look like you... or EJ."

Sami asks, "So you believe me?" Lucas believes.

Hope continues to badger Nicole.

Victor asks, "What are you thinking about?"

"Not much," says Phillip, "That's about all my brain can handle." Phillip says he is thinking about joining the marines again and running away. Victor says he is proud of him.

He asks if Phillip is on good terms with Nicole, "What she says to Hope will determine if you go to jail tonight."

Hope questions. Nicole tells her Tony went up the stairs and the railing gave way, "Phillip wasn't near him."

Hope asks, "You're saying Tony's death was accidental."

Nicole whines, "Yes."

Stefano walks in and booms, "Wrong answer, Nicole."

Chloe tells Kate a child wouldn't ruin everything. Kate thinks, "If you're pregnant, I'll have to postpone my plans for you." Kate refuses to leave until she finds out how the test comes out.

Lucas Horton, pulling girls to sleep is my specialty. Sami says she is going to try to see the good in Chloe. She says she wants Lucas to be happy. He goes over to Grace and tells her to be good for her mommy. He smooches her cheek and says he'll call tomorrow. Lucas leaves as they say a few words about Will the teenage... teenager.

Lucas leaves. Sami goes over to Grace, "I think we're home free."

Nicole insists the death was an accident. Stefano says it was an accident that was planned. Phillip rushes him but Victor blocks. Stefano taunts, "Hiding behind daddy? You sniveling little son of a..." Kate's been called so many despicable things, Stefano can't think of the right word. Hope steps in and tells Stefano the cops will investigate.

"Save your time," threatens Stefano, "I know what needs to be done." He turns to Nicole, "I will never forget your lies." Stefano leaves.

Brady takes Phillip aside. Phillip tells him just because it was an accident doesn't mean it wasn't his fault. Brady wonders what Nicole was doing at the pier.

Nicole and EJ talk. Nicole insists she told the truth. She asks if he is mad at her. EJ says he isn't, "It's not the truth... It's lies that kill." Nicole wants to go home. EJ asks her to wait and goes off.

Victor catches up with Hope out in the hall. He asks if there is a case against Phillip. Hope says unless new info comes to light she won't press charges.

Brady asks Nicole if she is OK, "Did EJ ask how you happened to be on the pier?"

"I told him it was a coincidence," says Nicole. She insists the death was an accident.

"But," asks Brady, "Did you tell the whole truth?"

Hope butts in, "Something I should know?"

Lucas returns to the cabin. He walks in and finds Kate, "I told you in Vegas you shouldn't crash weddings. Guess what, you shouldn't crash honeymoons, either." Kate tells him Chloe's taking a pregnancy test.

"We don't have to worry about that," says Lucas, "They haven't come up with the test yet that Chloe can pass."

Hope mumbles cop talk and leaves. Nicole decides she really doesn't like Hope.

Phillip thanks Nicole for telling the truth. She says she didn't do it out of the kindness of her heart. Phillip asks, "What do you want?"

Sami sits on the couch and reads to Johnny and Allie, "OK, kids. It's bedtime. I just want you guys to know I'm home."

"Who are you again," asks Johnny.

Kate says she's worried because Chloe might not be strong enough to have a baby. Chloe comes out. Kate asks about the results of the test. Chloe stares.

Nicole says she never wants Phillip to think about blackmailing her again. Phillip says he won't. Stefano comes up and questions why Nicole is talking to Phillip, "My God Nicole I can't believe you."

EJ stands over Tony's well-tanned corpse, "It wasn't supposed to end this way. I promise somehow I will find out the truth about what you were trying to tell me."

NOTE – you can now follow Prevuze on twitter at: http://twitter.com/prevuze

Prevuze II has a video of the daily show previews, which should be available by noon (EST) on any given day. To see Prevuze II: CLICK HERE


14 Comments:

Anonymous Berg said...

EJ stands over Tony's well-tanned corpse, "It wasn't supposed to end this way. I promise somehow I will find out the truth about what you were trying to tell me."
I mean what more does EJ want - skywriting that Nicole is a big fa liar???? This man's brain is smaller than a crickets - which is only what I can guess according to CFish's photo Tysons is now serving.

"B"??? We waited a full day to see that Tony wrote a "B"? What the heck does that mean?

1. "B"arfbags handy you will need them?
2. "B"o is an idiot
3. "B"eware of small midgets
4. "B'utthole surfers
5. "B"utter on toast
6. "B"uy me a real doctor
7. "B"ut I don't want to leave
8. "B"etcha can't guess what that Ho you are about to marry is up to?
9. "B"abies, babies, babies - every woman you touch has them
10. "B"ite me

3:50 AM  
Anonymous Saggy Baskets said...

Lucas, Lucas, Lucas, you're buying Sami's story because Grace doesn't look like either you or Sami?

Have you gotten a good look at Will lately?

4:51 AM  
Anonymous Leslie said...

"Will left a message and said you adopted a baby. Well... That's bull. Tell me who the baby really is."

What a novel concept. Lucas has a lucid thought. Who da thunk it!

God shakes his head, "Not another who's-the-daddy story line. I can't take it!"

God, neither can we!

Stefano announces, "I'm going to go see Tony."

EJ asks, "Is he back from the dead already?"


We can only hope that’s the case.

Sami struts around in her off-color baseball cap with a "C" on it. It might be a Cubs hat, it might be a Cincinnati Reds cap, hell it might be a souvenir from the Calgary Stampede. Even Sami's caps have multiple personalities.

I know Prevuze is trying not to think about football but I believe that would be a Bears cap Sami is wearing.

"You were being chased by an assassin and fell for the bodyguard who was practically holding you hostage. That's Stockholm syndrome!"

"Oh goodie," squeals Sami, "Does that count as another mental illness? I'm collecting them."


Gracious, Lucas and Prevuze are knocking them out of the park today.

Lucas gazes at Grace, "She doesn't look like you... or EJ."

Lucas the baby expert. Didn’t he also say that Sydney looks like Allie? I guess when you have the IQ of a new born...pardon me, I'm probably insulting new borns everywhere.

EJ stands over Tony's well-tanned corpse, "It wasn't supposed to end this way. I promise somehow I will find out the truth about what you were trying to tell me."

Unfortunately, that will probably happen when Grace and Sydney are heading off to college.

Berg, great list…but it’s not complete without “B”ring on better writing. Cfish, those AnyTizers should be winners, and Bulldog, you are so correct!!! Prevuze, thanks for another outstanding recap!

5:40 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas," says Chloe.

The audience wishes that Chloe and Lucas would have stayed in Vegas.

Another baby daddy drama!! Can't these women just one time sleep with just one man in a 30 day period?

What kind of clue is B? Following Berg's lead:

1. Bitch
2. Bong
3. Birth
4. Bye
5. "B"ored to death.


Stefano taunts, "Hiding behind daddy? You sniveling little son of a..." Kate's been called so many despicable things, Stefano can't think of the right word.

Ain't that the truth.

5:44 AM  
Blogger cfish said...

Kate tells him Chloe's taking a pregnancy test.
"We don't have to worry about that," says Lucas, "They haven't come up with the test yet that Chloe can pass."


OMG, I'll be chuckling about that all day!

And I love Stefano's lament that Tony will live on in our hearts and our flashbacks -- the way DOOL uses flashbacks, it'll probably seem like Thaao never left!!

6:19 AM  
Anonymous Betyar said...

Hmmmmm...I'm wondering if the "B" stands for baby...Tony was trying to tell Ej that there's something wrong...the Baby is wrong! Not to mention that the Baby's momma is also the wrong one...Oh my, the possibilities are endless.

What's interesting is that Lucas's IQ seems to be improving; meanwhile EJ's IQ is gone. To think that Luclueless will probably figure out the "B" before EJ will. Well, at this point probably everyone in Salem will figure it our before EJ does...

6:23 AM  
Blogger cfish said...

Oh, and I know what the "B" Tony scrawled stands for -- he's a closet "Bears" fan!!!

6:23 AM  
Blogger Applecheeks said...

My HUH?! moment today:
Kate says she's worried because Chloe might not be strong enough to have a baby.

Chloe appears to have the constitution of a very healthy brood mare. Not strong enough? Puh-leeze!

Funny, funny stuff today. My predecessors have just about pointed out all the great prevuisms and pictures except the "star" in Chloe's future.

"B"erg, you list was priceless! lmao

Thanks for the laughs everyone.

6:31 AM  
Anonymous Bulldog said...

I know this is illogical to imagine the Salem PD thinking of doing this but hey, Bope! How about going down to the pier and looking at the railing/steps to see if they gave way to prove Nicole's testimony or not? DUH!

Maybe Tony needed a "B"edpan.

Chloe should tell Kate to butt out, show her the door and slam it in her face. Talk about the mother-in-law from hell.

Cfish - your picture! EEEWWW! But I totally LOL. HAHAHAHA

Loved a well-tanned Tony and "OK, kids. It's bedtime. I just want you guys to know I'm home." "Who are you again," asks Johnny." I imagine they're both wondering just that.

Thanks, Prev, an excellent recap as always!

8:36 AM  
Anonymous Leslie said...

I know this is illogical to imagine the Salem PD thinking of doing this but hey, Bope! How about going down to the pier and looking at the railing/steps to see if they gave way to prove Nicole's testimony or not? DUH!

Of course, Bulldog, you are correct. If the SPD can't do an investigation, the personal injury attorney hired by the bereaved widow most certainly will. Hey, maybe EJ has some experience dealing with personal injury. Even if he doesn't, he can certainly advise Anna how to proceed. Whoever owns or is responsible for the maintenance of the docks better have mucho liability coverage. They're going to need it.

9:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Stephano vowing revenge? I smell another vendetta coming on! Yay!

10:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ack, the dreaded "V" word!!!

12:20 PM  
Blogger Applecheeks said...

As for the SPD actually doing any investigations - LOLOLOL

Bulldog/Leslie

Come on! The only cops who actually investigate on this show are the rookies and, occasionally, a patrol officer. By the time an makes detective/commissioner/chief all he/she seems to be able to do is make lists on the white board and verbally badger suspects.

Perhaps the thinking is perps will confess (whether guilty or not) just to get the detective to shut up.

You also can't bungle evidence if you never go out and look for any.

Go, SPD!!

1:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Stockholm Syndrome to describe Rafe, come one DENA!!! More like EJ. :|-

10:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Blogarama     Globe Of Blogs