Wednesday, March 18, 2009

The Godfather

Rafe is on the phone at the convent and tells someone he's rented an apartment in the best part of Salem (the part where TV reception is crummy and he won't be able to watch DOOL). Sister Agnes comes in and recognizes him from way back when he lived there. They talk about old times and she accuses him of being the same old fibber he was before.

Sami holds Sydney as EJ watches.

Tony catches up with Nicole and tells her he knows Sydney isn't her daughter.

Brady and Stephanie talk about why Phillip is going after Tony. "I'm freakin' out, Brady," says Stephanie.

"You're not the only one," says Brady.

The new butler at the DiMera mansion catches up with Phillip, "Why are you running through the mansion yelling for Tony?"

Phillip stammers, "Uh... maybe I'm looking for... I don't know... Tony?"

Nicole denies Tony's accusations. Tony tells her he's obligated to disclose her secret to his brother. Nicole continues to insist Sydney is her daughter.

"She's as much your daughter as she is mine," says Tony, "only I had a tougher pregnancy."

Will tries to comfort Mia. She whimpers, "Go away."

"I hear that from girls a lot," says Will. He starts to leave but she calls him back.

EJ tells Sami he wants her to be a part of Sydney's life just like Nicole is a part of Johnny's. He asks her to see if she and Nicole can put their resentment aside.

Nicole is all indignant. Tony won't let up. Nicole says she doesn't want Tony to be Sydney's godfather and threatens to ask Brandon, "That baby is mine."

Tony says, "The truth will come out, Nicole. I'm sure in your heart Sydney is yours, but in reality, I assume she belongs to Mia. Sweet, young Mia."

Lexie sits in the pub with Theo and talks on the phone. She says she understands and hangs up. Stefano joins them and dotes on Theo. Lexie tells him the sitter just canceled. Stefano suggests taking Theo to the mansion. He turns to Theo, "How would you like that?" Theo is silent. Oh, the drama!

Stephanie and Brady head out on a wild goose chase for Phillip.

Phillip leaves the DiMera mansion mumbling and slams the door.

Mia apologizes and says she is better. She thanks Will for checking on her. He offers to take her to the pub for something to eat. She declines so Will tells her that's where he'll be if she changes her mind.

Nicole denies knowing anyone names Mia. Tony reminds her she brought Mia to the DiMera mansion. He says Mia came by earlier and at first was reticent to talk to him, but then opened up about Nicole and her daughter.

Stefano goes to call Mary and arrange Theo's visit. Lexie tells Theo what's going on and asks him to listen to Mary and not play on the stairs.

Sister Agnes asks Rafe if he cares for "the girl." Rafe says he does. He tells her he wouldn't have passed up the job in New York if he didn't care for her. He also says he's going to hang out in Salem for a while and (say it with him) be there for Sami when she brings Grace home.

Sister Agnes gives us a hint of Rafe's past, "This won't be the first time you have made a sacrifice for a woman."

Sami holds Sydney and tells EJ, "She's so happy. It's like she knows me." She puts her in the baby carriage as EJ tells her in spite of their differences there are a few people in life that have a lasting impact and she is one of them for him.

EJ asks, For the better?"

"Definitely," says EJ, "In fact, you're my favorite victim."

Rafe says Sami isn't like anyone else. The way he feels about her is different. Sister Agnes asks if Rafe shouldn't be certain the young woman wants him to make such a sacrifice for her.

Rafe shrugs it off, "Not at all. No one in Salem thinks things through."

Sami says, "I learned a lot from you, too. I'd like to think I'm a better person for having known you. I'm never gonna trust Nicole, but I Hope you know what will make you happy."

"I do," says EJ, "And apparently you do, too. It seems you have found someone to make you happy."

Phillip sits alone at the Cheatin' Heart, drinks, mumbles and rages.

Nicole tries a different approach, "Unbelievable. You try to help someone and they stab you in the back. You know, that poor little girl is crazy. She blurts things out of nowhere and is bipolar."

Tony acts like he cares, "Oh, the poor thing."

Nicole zones out, "No good deed goes unpunished."

Tony feigns sympathy but says he thinks they should inform Stefano of this shocking new development. Right on cue, Stefano walks in, "Inform me of what?"

"Of the new DOOL pay scale for actors," says Tony, "You're going to have to get over your peanut allergy."

Bo rushes into the pub and has a big reunion with Will. Mia comes in. Bo asks if Will knows her. He tells Bo they just met. "At school," asks Bo.

"Somewhere," says Will.

"That's as good a place as any," says Bo. Bo walks off as Will goes over and talks to Mia. He goes behind the bar to get drinks and tells her his grandma owns the place, "So you can have anything you want."

"I'm not picky," says Mia, "I'll have what you're having."

"Great," says Will. He heads to the kitchen to get two plates of raw anchovies.

Brady and Stephanie find Phillip boozing it up at the Cheatin' Heart. Phillip tells them things are under control, but he wants the two of them to stay out of it, "I will get those damn plans back. If I can't I will crush that bastard. Tony DiMera won't know what hit him."

Stefano asks, "Is there something you want to tell me Nicole?"

Nicole hesitates, "Yes... I am so glad you came. It's a special day for EJ and me and to have all of you here means so much."

Stefano turns to Tony, "Is she all right." Tony mumbles.

Nicole says she wants them all to push their differences aside and make today a new beginning. Stefano says he would like that and thanks her for giving him such a beautiful grandchild. He and Lexie go to say hello to Father Matt.

Tony congratulates Nicole on her performance, "Life is so interesting. It can change on a dime."

"Stop talking in riddles," snorts Nicole, "What are you going to do?"

"The writers haven't figured that out yet," says Tony, "It's too much for them to think very far ahead."

Sami insists Rafe is just her friend.

EJ asks, "Why is it, for every guy you're just friends with, you have a wedding dress stashed in your closet?"

Sami reminds EJ he called Bo and tried to get Rafe in trouble, "But now you're all warm and mushy about wanting to make sure he makes me happy?" She admits she has feelings for Rafe, "But nothing is going on."

"Of course nothing is going on," says EJ, "This is DOOL." He says he really wants her to have a happy life. She thanks him and says she will.

Rafe tells Sister Agnes helping Sami is not a sacrifice, "I know you're looking out for me but this thing with Sami is different. What happened before is never going to happen again."

Prevuze

EJ greets Lexie and Stefano in the vestibule, "Have you seen Nicole?"

Nicole begs Tony not to ruin the day. Tony lectures her and tells her not to continue this charade. Nicole insists she can prove Sydney belongs to EJ and her. EJ comes in to get them for the ceremony. Tony hangs behind, "Enjoy your moment, Nicole. As soon as EJ finds out the truth, the nightmare begins."

A gal in the audience turns to her neighbor, "Just sitting through this is a nightmare."

Will joins Mia at a table with burgers, "They were out of anchovies." He tells her he missed burgers when he was in Switzerland for a year.

Mia asks, "Were you an exchange student?"

"No," says Will, "I was an unwanted child. Where are you from? Are you from out of town?"

Rafe and sister Agnes bounce Grace around and pass her back and forth. Agnes says Rafe was a challenge when he lived there but has become a fine man. She still sees a trace of the rebellious teenager in him. Grace starts to cry just to shut them up. Rafe insists he's not the crazy defiant person he was, "Not since..."

"Since what," asks Sister Agnes.

"Since I met Sami," says Rafe, "She's not just any woman."

Sister Agnes asks, "Are you saying she is the woman?"

"One of her personalities is."

Brady orders Phillip not to go after Tony. "It's not like I want to take a bat to his kneecaps," says Phillip, "I just want to reason with him. And then I'll kneecap him."

Brady asks, "What are you going to do... corner him at the christening?"

"Never thought of that," says Phillip, "What do you suggest I do?"

"I know Tony is on the outs with Stefano and EJ," says Brady, "Why don't we make him an offer he can't refuse?"

"Where do I get a horse's head on short notice," asks Phillip.

Father Mack conducts the ceremony.

Mia says she's from out of town but her life is boring compared to his.

Prevuze

Will says he got homesick when he was in Switzerland, "My home is a place you can get sick of pretty quickly." She asks if he's close with his parents. "Sort of," says Will, "but it's not like we hang out every day." He tells her about his siblings. The ones he knows about, anyway. She notices Bo across the room. Will tells her that's Uncle Bo, the Commish.

Mia says, "I know this is a little premature in our young and budding relationship, but we can't overlook the possibility that Grace is our child and your mother will wind up raising her own grandkid."

"That's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard," says Will.

"Don't forget," says Mia, "This is DOOL."

"You're right," says Will, "That means Grace is almost certainly our child... And you are no doubt my long lost sister."


He gets up and goes to get them some fries. Mia flashes back to having the baby. Suddenly, she bolts from the restaurant. Will returns and Bo tells him Mia took off and suggests Will go catch her. Will refuses.

"Give her a call and find out what happened," says Bo.

"No need," says Will, "I'm just like Dad. Women run out on me all the time, too."

Mia sits outside and vows to see her baby again.

Stephanie catches up with Phillip and says she was worried about him, "I'm starved. How about some brain food?"

"That would be the biggest waste of brain food ever," says Phillip. Stephanie heads for the kitchen to cook up something more appropriate, vacuum food.

Phillip stews, "We'll try it your way, Brady, but if Tony doesn't take the bait, it's on to Plan B, fire him and get him off the show for good.

Sister Agnes asks, "Can you tell me about this girl?"

Rafe drones, "She's sweet, impossible, smart, stubborn, tough, fragile... and that just counts six of her personalities. She's... beautiful."

"So," says Sister Agnes, "you've got the hots for her."

"Big time."


Father Mack turns to the Godmother and the Godfather. He asks Lexie if she will fulfill her role as godmother and Lexie agrees. Father Mack turns to Tony, "Are you prepared to help Elvis and Nicole in their duty as Christian parents?" We pan to Tony... pan to Lexie... pan to Nicole... pan to EJ... they run out of film and the cameraman puts in a new reel... We pan back to Nicole... pan back to Tony...

The Godfather is silent.

NOTE – you can now follow Prevuze on twitter at: http://twitter.com/prevuze

Prevuze II has a video of the daily show previews, which should be available by noon (EST) on any given day. To see Prevuze II: CLICK HERE


14 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sister Agnes comes in and recognizes him from way back when he lived there.

Way back when must mean that Rafe was a kid at the time. I bet he was already wearing a leather jacket and had spiky hair.

EJ tells Sami he wants her to be a part of Sydney's life just like Nicole is a part of Johnny's.

What? On the days that Sami has custody of Johnny, does EJ want her to take Sydney too? That is a rather bizarre statement or is it supposed to be prophetic? Oh those silly DOOL writers are getting all ironic on us!

"I do," says EJ, "And apparently you do, too. It seems you have found someone to make you happy."

About face! EJ does a 180 and is no longer jealous of Sami’s connection with Rafe. Geez!

Stefano walks in, "Inform me of what?"

"Of the new DOOL pay scale for actors," says Tony, "You're going to have to get over your peanut allergy."


If that weren’t so true, I would LOL.

"I will get those damn plans back. If I can't I will crush that bastard. Tony DiMera won't know what hit him."

Foreshadowing…DOOL style. Let’s be so obvious that it's like hitting the viewers in the head with a brick. Hopefully the impact with make them so dizzy that they can’t figure out what’s coming.

Mia asks, "Were you an exchange student?"

"No," says Will, "I was an unwanted child.”


…and

Rafe drones, "She's sweet, impossible, smart, stubborn, tough, fragile... and that just counts six of her personalities. She's... beautiful."

"So," says Sister Agnes, "you've got the hots for her."

"Big time."


Good stuff Prevuze!!!

Since he’s not going to get to tell anyone about Nicole’s “adopted” baby, it’s really sad DOOL trotted Tony out for a couple of episodes just to kill him. Poor Tony will just be a prop in another insipid murder mystery.

…and on to the pictures!! That’s right Bulldog we’re all praying for handsome hunks, and Prevuze points out that Sydney is already a really perceptive baby. Happy Hump Day everyone!

5:38 AM  
Blogger Applecheeks said...

He tells Bo they just met. "At school," asks Bo. "Somewhere," says Will. "That's as good a place as any," says Bo.

What the show lacks in drama it sure makes up for with the scintillating dialog, doesn’t it? Lol

We pan to Tony... pan to Lexie... pan to Nicole... pan to EJ... they run out of film and the cameraman puts in a new reel... We pan back to Nicole... pan back to Tony...

And when that snappy dialog falters, there’s always the fast-paced, non-stop action to carry viewers right along.

Like Leslie I loved the pictures and the peanuts snark. If only the show was as entertaining.

Thanks for the great start to the day, Prevuze.

6:24 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Mia says, "I know this is a little premature in our young and budding relationship, but we can't overlook the possibility that Grace is our child and your mother will wind up raising her own grandkid."

"That's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard," says Will.

Indeed Will, indeed. Please let this Mia/Will storyline go somewhere else but there.


>>>What the hell is Tony supposed to be waiting for? Nicole doesn't have anything to blackmail over. Plot-wise, this appears to make little sense.

Bo rushes into the pub and has a big reunion with Will. Mia comes in. Bo asks if Will knows her. He tells Bo they just met. "At school," asks Bo.
Has Will even been to school yet? I've seen him wandering around at what appears to be the middle of the day.

" He says he really wants her to have a happy life.
His feelings will change the next time Nicole starts whining or when he sees Rafe.

This episode appears to be hohum.

7:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We pan to Tony... pan to Lexie... pan to Nicole... pan to EJ... they run out of film and the cameraman puts in a new reel... We pan back to Nicole... pan back to Tony... This reminds me of a takeoff of a soap on some show (Johnny Carson? Carol Burnett?) called "The Edge of Wetness". I think this could have been taken straight from that.

And, "What are you going to do?" "The writers haven't figured that out yet," says Tony. It really is almost like they're making it up as they shoot the scenes.

My favorite Prevuism, the one that earned me suspicious looks from coworkers when I couldn't help but laugh: (Stephanie says) "I'm starved. How about some brain food?" "That would be the biggest waste of brain food ever," says Phillip." I love it when Prevuze throws a ringer in there that I'm sure should have been italicized but wasn't. HAHAHA

Thanks for the laughs and almost getting me in trouble at work, Prevuze! :D

8:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sami says, "I learned a lot from you, too. I'd like to think I'm a better person for having known you. I'm never gonna trust Nicole, but I Hope you know what will make you happy."


"I do," says EJ, "And apparently you do, too. It seems you have found someone to make you happy."




Blah!! I think I just chocked when I read this. REALLY sounds like another REWRITE to ME. No wonder this show gets worse everyday!!!

9:04 AM  
Blogger cfish said...

Somebody please correct me if I'm wrong, but if DOOL should by some happenstance follow the laws of time and motion, shouldn't Will be OLDER than EJ??

9:14 AM  
Blogger Prevuze said...

I love it when Prevuze throws a ringer in there that I'm sure should have been italicized but wasn't. HAHAHA

That's it! I did it on purpose. It wasn't a mistake, I left the italics out on purpose. Yeah... that's it.

9:23 AM  
Blogger Prevuze said...

Somebody please correct me if I'm wrong, but if DOOL should by some happenstance follow the laws of time and motion, shouldn't Will be OLDER than EJ??

According to a couple of Internet sources Will was born on November 16, 1995 and EJ was born February 21, 1997.

9:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think the Carol Burnett spoof was called, "As the Stomach Turns" which would be a perfect name for this crap they're airing.

10:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So wait... EJ is only 12... I feel kinda dirty now!!

And, has anyone else noticed that Sami named her children Will and Grace?! haha

10:48 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

will & grace

lol, anon. I never realized that.

12:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oooh can't wait to watch that kiss between RAfe and Sami...<3

12:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Will & Grace, huh? That is neat...I wonder if the nitwits at DOOL realize the coincidence, or did they do it on purpose??? Will(on W&G) is supposed to be gay isn't he? An if so, I wonder if DOOL is planning to introduce us to speed on the gay current event issues with the arrival of this new and improved version of Will. Hmmm...I guess that would throw out the possibility of Will being the father of Mia's baby, which would be fine with me. Let's not go there writers...I'd rather deal with a gay Will than a baby's daddy Will.

8:32 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

I'm a day late on some plain other than this, because I am posting on today's show on tomorrow's show post.

Re: the stupid fuels project...

Have NONE of these people *ever* heard of a copy machine? Good god, if I had something that important as my big payday, I'd have 87 copies of the thing in every crevice I had.

1:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Blogarama     Globe Of Blogs