Thursday, March 05, 2009

Hired Muscle

Phillip sits at his desk and computes. The screen says, "Press any key to continue." Phillip searches for the "any" key. Stephanie, who has been summoned by the king, comes into his office. Phillip wastes no time. He jumps up and starts slobbering all over her.

Chloe walks outside and sees Daniel. She turns to run, but bumps into Brady. Brady senses something is wrong. He looks over at Daniel. He looks back at Chloe. Over to Daniel... back to Chloe... a few more glances and a light bulb pops on in Brady's brain. Don't worry, It's a dim bulb. He figures Chloe is wondering why she ran into both of them at the same place. "Daniel and I have been running together," says Brady, "Running and talking."

Chloe is shocked to find there are actually people who have the mental capacity to do both at the same time. "What about you," asks Brady, "Need someone to talk to?"

Melanie pounds on the door of the DiMera mansion. EJ answers. Melanie demands the rest of her money, "Give me my money and I will be out of your hair."

EJ says, "Melanie, you're not getting another dime out of me."

Back in the pub, Sami bounces Sydney. Nicole sees the disgusting display through the pub window. She rushes into the pub and yanks the baby from Sami. Sami yanks back and the tug o' war is on. King Solomon steps up and draws his sword, "I have a solution, ladies."

Sami hands the kid over. Obsessive possessive Nicole bawls her out and says she can't be trusted with a kid.

"I don't keep them around long enough to break their trust," insists Sami. Sami figures it's time she and Nicole had the proverbial "little talk." She immediately starts gushing about how much time EJ spent with her last night.

Kate bumps into Stefano outside the pub. He offers lunch. "I already have a date," says Kate, "Or should I say an opening salvo." Stefano decides to join her until her date arrives. He stares at Sami and Nicole and wonders what's going on across the room.

"We know one thing for sure," says Kate, "It's not a Mensa meeting."

Sami tells Nicole she and EJ talked about their "situation." now she thinks she and Nicole should talk about it.

A gal in the audience leans over to her neighbor, "How did I know that's what Sami would say?"

Kate tells Stefano she's eating lunch with Chloe, "You know, the bug that needs to be squashed." Well, that gets Stefano's attention. Kate explains, "God had Chloe spare my life so I can spare my son's."

"Positive proof there is a Superior Being," says Stefano, "May I ask, what incurred your wrath?"

"I can't tell you," says Kate, "but I can assure you, Chloe will regret it for all the Days Of Our Lives."

Melanie insists they have a contract. EJ suggests maybe she should have read it, "Everything becomes null and void if I don't follow through with the project and I've decided that's what I'm going to do. Not only that, but you might want to read the clause that says if I don't proceed with the project, you have to return the money I gave you."

Melanie protests, "But I already spent it."

EJ smiles, "Then you're in a bit of a fix aren't you?"

Melanie explodes, "THIS IS BS!"

"We're discussing the contract," says EJ, "Not the dialog. What I am talking about is you stabbing Phillip in the back. When this all blows up in your face, you will realize you aren't playing in the minor leagues. EJ closes the door.

Melanie rages, "I could have sworn this was a minor league soap opera."

Inside, EJ shakes his head, "Kids today."

Stefano vows to find out what Sami and Nicole are talking about. He leaves.

Sami goes over the convoluted family connections and relationships with Nicole. Einstein listens in, but It's too complicated for his brain to understand. Nicole is still obsessed over Sami holding her baby. Sami tells her about seeing Roman, "EJ was there butting into my life trying to control me. I don't want him in my life any more than you do."

Daniel gets off the phone and glances over toward Brady and Chloe. He joins them, makes a little small talk, and then jogs off. Brady tells Chloe about Daniel's hangover, "Something is eating at him. I think something is eating at you, too."

Chloe denies it, "Those flesh-eating bacteria are long gone."

Brady thinks she's going crazy over the wedding, "Maybe you're not sure you picked the right dress... not sure you picked the right guy... you can tell me anything and I won't judge you." He invites her to lunch but Chloe declines since she already has an engagement. She gives him a peck on the cheek and he tells her it's a standing invitation.

Phillip and Stephanie. Phillip wants to get back together. "I would only agree to that after a quick lobotomy," says Stephanie, "I know there are things I like about you... Yes, you're handsome... yes, you're a great kisser... but I would be a total idiot to ever trust you again."

Prevuze

Phillip asks, "So there are no more second chances? You saw the worst part of me but what about the part that wants to change?"

Stephanie says she thinks he's manipulative. Phillip insists, "I can't get you out of my head."

"At least there are no thoughts trapped in there with me," says Stephanie.

"It's you being you that wipes me out," says Phillip.

"You've been to the bottom of the dialog barrel again, haven't you," asks Stephanie.

Phillip begs, "Tell me, steer me in the right direction."

Stephanie steers, "Leave the building and take a right. Five miles outside of town you'll find Salem State Park. Go jump in the lake."

Mercifully, Melanie busts in and ends the argument. She rants about EJ and the project and demands Phillip talk to her right now.

Chloe comes into the pub and apologizes for being late. Kate is uber-understanding. Chloe is worried Kate might be angry with her because Lucas was drinking again. Kate insists she would tell her BFF Chloe if that were true, and says they always have to be honest with each other, "What is covered up festers and the fallout can be devastating."

Chloe is relieved Kate is so understanding. She pulls out her camera and shows Kate a picture of her wedding dress.

"White," says Kate, "That's an unusual choice of colors for you."

Sami tells Nicole EJ and Rafe didn't exactly hit it off and EJ tried to protect her. Nicole says the whole situation has to be about Johnny, not Sami. Sami just wants to get along. Nicole thinks that means Sami wants something from her. Sami says she does. She says EJ is a DiMera and probably still thinks he loves her. "And I think you are scared," says Nicole, "Really scared."

Melanie rants as Phillip threatens to have her thrown out. She tells him EJ isn't going through with the project and says she thinks that provides an opportunity for both of them, "We need to forge ahead."

"I can forge ahead," says Phillip, "not we. And Titan can sue you for breach of promise. It's over, done with, you lost. You have one last decision. Do you wanna walk out of here, or be thrown out?"

Sami says she doesn't want EJ involved in her life any more and thinks Nicole doesn't want that either, "Just explain to him he has to stop obsessing about me... or Johnny... or he could lose what he wants most."

Uncharacteristically, Nicole gets it, "You want me to use my daughter as leverage."

"You need to remember I have some power in this situation," says Sami.

"That doesn't worry me," says Nicole.

"You would be worried if you knew," says Sami.

"Knew what," asks Nicole.

Kate is a just a little miffed. She says she thought Chloe would wait a little bit before planning the wedding, "I understand you're an artist and a free spirit, but I sometimes wonder... will you have problems settling down to a dull married life?"

"Not unless I marry Lucas."

Kate flashes back to seeing the passionate moment between Chloe and Daniel, "It is so sweet these days to find a young woman who would voluntarily choose monogamy."

Chloe asks, "Did you say monotony or monogamy?"

"In your case," says Kate, "both apply."


Phillip lectures, "You're like a two year old who pulls on a dog's ears and then gets indignant when the dog bites. Get the hell out of here!" Melanie gives Stephanie a parting shot and leaves.

Phillip huffs, "Unbelievable!"

"Kind of like you," says Stephanie.

"Kind of like this whole plot," says Phillip.

EJ is in the rumpus room wheeling and dealing on his computer. He and Stefano kibitz about business, but Stefano wants to focus on their domestic situation. He tells EJ about the Sami-Nicole lunch, "What do you think that is all about?"

Sami wants Nicole to make it clear to EJ how much he is risking by continuing to deal with her. She tells her EJ saw her and Rafe kiss.

"Maybe," says Nicole, "He doesn't want Johnny's mother hanging around hired muscle."

"Or," says Sami, "he doesn't want to see me around other guys. None of us may want to admit it, but what EJ and I had... still there."

Nicole asks, "You mean the love, the passion, the intense burning relationship? "

"No," says Sami, "I mean the babies that somehow not only won't go away but seem to keep multiplying."

Stephanie wants to get back to work. Phillip wants to get back to the fun. "Our problem," says Stephanie, "is you have your dad and I have mine."

"What," asks Phillip, "You want to trade?"

"My dad has never kicked someone when he is down," says Stephanie.

"I know," says Phillip, "He uses a tire iron instead of his boot. But this is business."

Stephanie asks, "Doing it on Maggie's table... was that business?"

"Monkey business."

Stephanie says, "I think you're showing the world you're as shallow as your father."

Melanie has run to the Cheatin' Heart to get counseling from Max. she whines about no one wanting to go through with the project. Max says Phillip won't sue her because she doesn't have a dime.

Melanie whines, "I'm not even worth suing!"

Stefano says, "The mothers of your children are having a tete a tete behind your back and it means nothing to you." He gets sarcastic, "They're probably swapping recipes." EJ figures Sami and Nicole have to work together because of the children.

"Right," chuckles Stefano, "They are being mature and selfless." The chuckling becomes a belly laugh. EJ figures he has no choice but to trust them. Stefano flashes back to having Nicole followed.

Sami says she wants a cease fire, but warns Nicole she is a formidable opponent. "Vice versa, baby cakes," sneers Nicole.

Daniel walks into the pub and Kate has him join them. She says she wants his opinion on Chloe's dress.

Max tells Melanie her problems are self-inflicted. "You think things through," says Melanie, "That's why we don't have that much in common."

"I never said I think things through," says Max, "I said I'm through thinking."

Melanie starts to leave but bumps into Brady, who asks how she's doing. "Ask Phillip," says Melanie. She storms out. Brady chases.

Phillip insists he is proud of his father. Stephanie thinks who they are and where they come from make them incompatible. He invites her to dinner, and then goes back to business, "My IT guy is sick and there is a file I need to get into." He hands her a piece of paper, "Here is the information."

Stephanie the computer genius sits down. She looks at the menu and very carefully moves the cursor up to the menu item that says "File." As dramatic music plays, another menu drops down and the technical wizard moves her cursor to the line that says, "Open." Magically, the file opens.

"Damn," says Phillip, "How did you do that?"

"It's a trade secret," says Melanie.
Suddenly, she looks at the file she just opened and gasps, "OMG! Something isn't right!"

Phillip looks over her shoulder, "Impossible! It's intelligent dialog."

Meanwhile, back at the DiMera ranch, EJ is also doing some computing. He and Stefano figure after he rejected Melanie he trotted back to Titan. EJ clicks a few keys and asks, "I wonder if they know they are about to be blown out of the water?"

Nicole gets in a snit and stomps off. As she leaves, she sees the congregation at Kate's table, "And I thought I was having a bad day."

Daniel looks at the picture of Chloe's wedding dress. Kate has him cornered and wants his opinion. Daniel consults the Guy Manual for advice, "Act like you give a crap."

Daniel halfheartedly says he likes the dress and then announces, "The bar is calling my name."

Kate rambles, "Daniel is a man who knows how to hide his true feelings." Chloe is confused, but we're used to that by now. Kate continues, "Do you really think I don't know what's going on? I saw the way you were looking at him. We both know..."

Chloe is about to have a heart attack, but Kate takes things a different direction, "He didn't like that dress." Daniel watches as she asks if the period leading up to her breakup with Lucas was uncomfortable for Chloe.

"No," says Chloe, "It was actually a lot of fun. So, I gather you don't like the dress either.?"

"I think we could find something more flattering to your figure," says Kate, "After lunch, we can go shopping at Salem Tent and Awning. Sorry to be so direct, but I think honesty is the best policy. Speaking of honesty, Daniel in the bedroom is a wild man."

CHOKE.

EJ tells Stefano everything is going to plan, "Somebody is about to have a very bad day."

"That's true," says Stefano, "Somebody somewhere is about to watch DOOL."

Stephanie computes. Phillip panics, "What just happened?"

"I touched the computer," says Stephanie, "Titan is ruined."

Nicole walks in on EJ as his keys clack. He tells her he's busy. "Thats you," says Nicole, "Running your company... Running Sami's life. What the hell does it matter to you who Sami kisses?"

Stefano is on the phone with his henchman, "Go back to that convent. But now I want to know why Nicole went there."

Sami calls Sister Teresa and checks on Grace. Sister Teresa assures her she is fine, "Everybody's making over her... the electricians... the nuns... even the woman who stopped by to see her yesterday."

That does it. Sami goes into her patented panic mode, "A WOMAN? WHO WAS SHE?"

NOTE – you can now follow Prevuze on twitter at: http://twitter.com/prevuze

Prevuze II has a video of the daily show previews, which should be available by noon (EST) on any given day. To see Prevuze II: CLICK HERE


6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Over to Daniel... back to Chloe... a few more glances and a light bulb pops on in Brady's brain. Don't worry, It's a dim bulb.

…but is it a CFL?

He stares at Sami and Nicole and wonders what's going on across the room.

"We know one thing for sure," says Kate, "It's not a Mensa meeting."


E57dfuygo-8uijh5ujn;];lh…pardon me. I have to do a little house, or more appropriately, office keeping. I’m brushing off of my keyboard the muffin crumbs that I just spit all over it.

“When this all blows up in your face, you will realize you aren't playing in the minor leagues.” EJ closes the door.

Melanie rages, "I could have sworn this was a minor league soap opera."


This soap opera belongs in a T-ball league.

Phillip huffs, "Unbelievable!"

"Kind of like you," says Stephanie.

"Kind of like this whole plot," says Phillip.


Amen!

“…but what EJ and I had... still there."

Nicole asks, "You mean the love, the passion, the intense burning relationship? "

"No," says Sami, "I mean the babies that somehow not only won't go away but seem to keep multiplying."


Prevuze I’m glad you knew what Sami meant because I sure didn’t. Sami and Nicole have a conversation. EJ should listen to Stefano, and EJ should be afraid…very afraid.

Stephanie says, "I think you're showing the world you're as shallow as your father."

Phillip should hand Stephanie a copy of the “Guy Manual”.

Daniel walks into the pub and Kate has him join them. She says she wants his opinion on Chloe's dress.

Did Kate say “come here my little pretties”? Kate is so over the top nasty. Is it any wonder that Lucas is a narcotic alcoholic mess? It wouldn't suprise me to learn that Kate is part of a sub-species that eats its young.

Melanie is finally getting everything she deserves…a kick in the butt. How long will it take for her to join the rest of the former DOOL cast members in the newly discovered center of a near-Earth black hole? Prevuze, the best science blog on the Internet!

5:28 AM  
Blogger Applecheeks said...

Stephanie says, "I think you're showing the world you're as shallow as your father."

Oh for pete’s sake! I’ve thought many things about Victor, but being shallow is not one of them.

Inside, EJ shakes his head, "Kids today."

Oh, wow! Plotting, comeuppances, baiting, verbal sparring, spying, a lesson in the social graces (Bulldog’s new toast), scientific breakthroughs (what’s really in the heart of a black hole) – this Prevuze has it all!!

”I think something is eating at you, too." Chloe denies it, "Those flesh-eating bacteria are long gone."

Oh yeah, and a DOOL history lesson too.

Thanks for the enlightening recap Prevuze!

6:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Melanie rages, "THIS IS BS!" "We're discussing the contract," says EJ, "Not the dialog" Isn't that the truth? Example: "Phillip begs, "Tell me, steer me in the right direction." Are the writers just coming out of their freshman year of writing 101? Next someone will mention the dark and stormy night.

I'm as perplexed as Stefano about the whole Samicole conversation. I'll have to reread that just to figure out what the point of it was (if any).

I do think it'll be interesting to see not only Melanie getting scammed but Victor's reaction when he finds out what the DiMeras have done (whatever that is).

Loved Jenni's picture and the black hole of DOOL actors. I can just imagine Jolena, Payla, Mickey, Rolf and a whole slew of discarded characters swirling around in the void. Thanks, Prevuze, for the chuckles today!

PS: my word verification is "terdly". Won't even comment on that. HA

8:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My idea on the Hope-in-bed-with-another-man thing... she gets back on the force because of her tremendous detective skills.

OK, you can stop laughing now.

Then she and Pard or some other cop have to go undercover at a hotel/motel someone walks in so they have to act like they're married. It turns out Bo's vision was correct and it's all a big nothing.

10:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Or," says Sami, "he doesn't want to see me around other guys. None of us may want to admit it, but what EJ and I had... still there."

Nicole asks, "You mean the love, the passion, the intense burning relationship?"


"No," Sami says. "I mean the intense burning during urination thanks to the STD EJ passed on to me after sleeping with you."

Prevuze - the best sex ed blog on the internet ®

Then she and Pard or some other cop have to go undercover at a hotel/motel someone walks in so they have to act like they're married. It turns out Bo's vision was correct and it's all a big nothing.

Except we all know that it is Bo who will walk in on them and fly off of the handle. No way he will accept the "rational" explanation of what happened.

11:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Except we all know that it is Bo who will walk in on them and fly off of the handle. No way he will accept the "rational" explanation of what happened."
Good point!!! HA

2:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Blogarama     Globe Of Blogs