Monday, December 29, 2008

Strictly Platonic

Daniel... Chloe... heat... passion... writhing... skin... body parts... huffing... sighing... Chloe tires to catch her breath, "So amazing!"

Lucas looks over at her, "You were a real tiger today."

OH, THE DISAPPOINTMENT!

Chloe says, "Lucas, you deserve to know."

"No thanks," says Lucas, "I always prefer to remain clueless."

Daniel brings Kate flowers. "Beautiful flowers," says Kate, "Beautiful man." Daniel says he can't concentrate on his work and needs to be with her before he runs over to the Horton cabin to pant over Chloe.

EJ has had a ring made out of one of the contraband diamonds. He shows it to Stefano. "It's a beautiful bobble for a beautiful creature," says Stefano, "If you're asking her to be your wife, are you ready for the next step?"

EJ wrinkles his brow, "The next step?"

"The nagging... The mood swings... The ugly and bitter divorce."

Nicole stands in Dr. Baker's office and becomes totally unhinged, "You treat me like something you scrape off your shoe and then I find out you're really playing me! You're a big time baby broker! Unless you can find me a baby like now, you are going down!"

Marlena joins Tony at the pub. He says she seemed uncomfortable on Christmas Eve. Marlena says that was John's fault. She tells him they eventually went to the Horton's and John walked out.

Charlotte congratulates John on his session. She thought it went well. John didn't. He's impatient to learn about his past and doesn't think they are making any headway, "These sessions are now over."

Stefano tells EJ he wasn't talking bout marriage. He gives EJ a folder to give to Nicole. EJ opens it and asks, "Is this a joke?"

Stefano grabs the folder back, "Sorry. I gave you the wrong thing. That's the latest DOOL script."

Dr. Baker insists he's not a baby broker. Nicole shows him his cell phone and says she found out what he's up to, "Get me a baby now!"

Daniel tells Kate there is a horror marathon on the Chiller Channel and he thought they could watch it together, "It'll scare your pants off, which will save me a lot of work."

He moves in. Kate pulls away, "Sorry. It usually takes a wad-o-cash in my hand to get me in the mood."

Lucas wonders why Chloe has turned into such a tiger in bed. She flashes to Daniel and says Lucas makes her feel safe and secure.

Lucas looks "safe and secure" up in the Guy Manual and reads, "Safe and secure – she feels the same way about you that you do about breakfast when you get milk toast."

"I'm the lucky one," says Lucas, "I love you. Sometimes so much it hurts."

Daniel thinks maybe he has sent Kate the wrong signal. He says he came to spend time with Kate, "Strictly platonic."

"Then why did you try to jump my bones just now," asks Kate.

"Even Plato got horny every now and then," says Daniel.


"You don't strike me as the strictly platonic type," says Kate.

Daniel isn't, "Actually, I'm the strictly perverted type, but I can be patient. I have all the time in the world."

Lucas tells Chloe she's selfless and beautiful. Chloe says it's not true and it never will be. She stomps out and heads for her appointment at the hospital. Luclueless stares out the window at her.

Marlena says John has shut her out and she's no longer his therapist. She hopes Dr. Taylor can get through to him.

Charlotte tries to encourage John to stick with the program, "Your brain is like a maze. The memories are hidden, not gone. I may know a way we can reach them a little faster – Hypnosis."

EJ is disgusted that Stefano has had a prenuptial agreement drawn up. Stefano says, "Nicole is a wonderful young thing, but she is human. I think. Indulge me."

Nicole nukes. Dr baker says he's through talking. He starts to leave but Nicole tells him that would be the worst mistake of his life.

Lucas has joined Kate at the Kiriakis mansion and...

OH! MY! GOD!

The doof is wearing a popped collar!

Didn't he get the memo? CENSORED.

Kate asks, "Why are you wearing a popped collar? Are you coming out of the closet?"

"It's not a popped collar," says Lucas, "It's an unzipped turtleneck."

"Same thing," says Kate, "The way that thing is stuck out like a couple of wings, I thought a gay bat had swooped into the room."
She tells him she's checking out reception halls for the wedding, "I would like to see the wedding happen sooner than later."

Lucas asks, "Somethin' you're not telling me?"

Prevuze

Chloe tells the nurse she came early for her appointment so she could see another doctor, "Dr. Jonas hurt his hand, so I'll be seeing someone else anyway."

Daniel walks in, "Actually, that's not true."

Prevuze

EJ and Stefano argue about the pre-nup. EJ is conflicted about whether to sign. He consults the Guy Manual, "Sign it... don't sign it... it doesn't matter. She will clean you out either way." EJ refuses to sign.

Screaming, ranting, erupting Nicole wonders why Dr. Baker sells babies and hasn't offered to help her.

That irritating John and Marlena tinkle music plays as Marlena tells Tony she will never give up on John. She loves him and can't let him go. Tony warns her that the new John may never change.

John refuses to consider hypnosis. Charlotte offers to videotape the sessions, "You can watch them later so you will know exactly what went on."

"Hi-def," asks John.

"Of course."


"I'll get back with you."

Dr. Baker says he nearly did help Nicole but she started throwing around the DiMera name. He knows what the DiMeras can do and so he backed off. Nicole threatens to blab if he doesn't help her, "And if you don't help... How does maximum security at Statesville sound?"

"Pretty appealing at the moment."

EJ and Stefano continue to "discuss" the pre-nup. Stefano says, "When I get married again I will insist on one."

That gets EJ's attention, "WHEN?"

"I meant if," says Stefano, "I've been waiting for an answer from Kate for months now." Mr. Lee interrupts with a call from Hong Kong. Stefano goes off to take it. EJ contemplates the ring and calls Nicole. He tells her he loves her and can't wait to see her.

Nicole hangs up. And tells Dr. Baker, "He loves me. The DiMeras aren't bad people unless you betray them."

Dr. Baker asks, "If he loves you why not tell him the truth?"

"I would lose everything," says Nicole, "That is not an option. You find me a baby now!"

Tony and Marlena walk outside the pub. She tells him she doesn't know what to do next, "I think I'll just spend a quiet New Year's alone."

John walks up and overhears, "I'd like that too."

Lucas gives Kate the third degree. Kate says in her life nothing ever goes the way she wants, so she wants them to have the wedding soon – just for her, "But, for God's sake, don't wear one of those formal tuxedo shirts with a popped collar."

Chloe says she didn't think Daniel would be there. Daniel says he was called in when a doctor went home with a personal issue. Nervous conversation and discussion of Kate follows. Daniel checks her out, "Damn, you have supple lymph nodes."

Chloe flashes back, "Daniel, I have to come clean. I want someone else to examine me."

Lucas says he has to talk to Chloe before deciding to move the wedding date up. Kate offers to talk to Chloe instead, "You're about to become husband and wife. You might as well get into the habit of not communicating with each other now."

Daniel OK's the doctor change. He says he will will ask Dr. Johnson.

"You mean Kayla," asks Chloe.

"No," says Daniel, "Stephanie finished medical school in her spare time and will be seeing you."
Daniel leaves. He hyperventilates out in the hallway.

John says tonight he will go back to his suite at the Salem inn and chill out by the fire. "But," says Marlena, "The Salem Inn doesn't have fireplaces."

"I know," says John, "I just love it when the big red firetrucks come. I just want to spend New Year's alone."

"Good," snaps the miffed Marlena, "Happy New Year." John goes inside. Tony says he is so sorry. Marlena thinks sometimes John has no feelings for her at all. Tony assures her that's not true. Hugs. Marlena says she will survive. Darn.

Charlotte walks up to Marlena as Tony leaves. They establish that neither of them have any plans for New Years. "I can fix that," says Charlotte."

Stefano asks EJ to make calls and smooth over their Pacific Rim investors. EJ agrees. Stefano tells him how loyal he is and how happy he is that EJ joined the family business. EJ says Nicole had a lot to do with him doing that, "When I was with Samantha I always had to prove myself to her ridiculous family. I was always being compared to that idiot Lucas Horton. I don't need a pre-nup. I need an anchor."

"You're right," agrees Stefano, "That would keep her at the bottom of the Salem River."

Nicole rants. She wants the baby and she wants EJ.

John sees Charlotte outside the pub. He goes outside and hears Marlena say she's looking for something to do tonight. She and Charlotte agree to go to Chez Rouge. John nods and smirks.

Daniel tells the nurse about Chloe's change of doctors. Kate overhears and asks why he took himself off the case.

Chloe tells herself she did the right thing by dumping Dr. Copafeel.

Stefano doesn't agree with EJ's pre-nup decision, but says he will go along with it. He reminds him about the calls and leaves. EJ looks at the ring, "Tonight will be a New Year's Nicole will never forget."

Dr. Baker says he doesn't have the right baby for Nicole. Nicole nukes, "That's not my problem! Call up the store and order me a perfect baby! Did I mention Statesville? Do we have a deal?" She sticks out her hand.

Dr. Baker shakes her hand, "We have a deal."

Prevuze

Previews
========

You can watch the previews later today on our PREVUZE II website. Prevuze II should be up no later than noon, Eastern Time.

If you enjoyed today's recap and haven't left a donation in a while, please consider doing that. If you aren't in a position to donate, support our advertisers. And you could also consider leaving a comment. We enjoy those. Look at it this way... I've already read Prevuze. YOU are MY entertainment.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Popped collar!!! That is too funny what a dork!!! Prevuze, thank you for keeping things interesting because this show is a snooze fest a minute. I wish Dr. Baker grew some balls and smacked down Nichole. I mean does anyone on this show have a pair? For *#$*$^ sake! I checked and even my cat has a bigger pair and she is a girl!

5:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lucas looks like Keith Partridge in that popped collar white turtleneck.

6:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now, see? I've been wasting my time with shows like What Not to Wear and Project Runway. If I want to know what's in fashion-wise I should just consult Prevuze! Other than being dorky I didn't know the hidden meaning behind the popped collar. Prevuze - the best fashion blog on the internet. HAHAHA

Why doesn't Dr. Baker call Nicole's bluff? What proof does she have? It would be her word (a liar who he has on tape threatening his life) against a doctor. Plus, she'll probably never see that girl on the dock again so she can't testify against him. It looks like all he would have to say is I'm going to tell Stefano and EJ and that would be it. I know, this is DOOL.

I think if I was Jawn I'd rather spend New Year's Eve alone than be with Marlena, too.

LOL over "Is this a joke?" Stefano grabs the folder back, "Sorry. I gave you the next DOOL script." and the Luclueless dork poster.

Great Prevuze on an otherwise typically frustrating Monday morning. Thanks for saving my sanity today! :D

7:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Propped collar, pink dress shirts...I think Days dresses every man gay on this show. hahha

7:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Chloe tires to catch her breath, "So amazing!"

Lucas looks over at her, "You were a real tiger today."

OH, THE DISAPPOINTMENT!


It seems to me Lucas has turned into that “any port in the storm” type of guy. It wasn’t long ago that Sami was dreaming of EJ and woke up kissing Lucas. Lucas really needs to buy a vowel and solve the puzzle.

Daniel tells Kate there is a horror marathon on the Chiller Channel.

It’s probably a DOOL marathon, which would really be frightening.

She flashes to Daniel and says Lucas makes her feel safe and secure.

Lucas looks "safe and secure" up in the Guy Manual and reads, "Safe and secure – she feels the same way about you that you do about breakfast when you get milk toast."


Prevuze, you forgot the part of about making an excellent doormat.

EJ is disgusted that Stefano has had a prenuptial agreement drawn up.

At least, Stefano is using the correct head to do his thinking. EJ is supposed to be a smart lawyer. He knows enough about Nicole to have insisted upon a paternity test for the unborn baby, and now the DOOL writing team expects us to believe EJ wouldn’t have drawn up a prenuptial agreement before Stefano got the chance. Love may be blind but that doesn’t mean it’s not pragmatic. Geez!

"It's not a popped collar," says Lucas, "It's an unzipped turtleneck."

"Same thing," says Kate, "The way that thing is stuck out like a couple of wings, I thought a gay bat had swooped into the room."

Prevuze, it’s not nice to insult gay bats!

Nicole hangs up. And tells Dr. Baker, "He loves me. The DiMeras aren't bad people unless you betray them."

Hgh? Doesn’t hiding the fact that Nicole lost her baby by sporting a fake rubber baby bumper count as betrayal? I think facing solitary confinement in Statesville is a lot more appealing than being found in the Salem ocean, stream, river, tributary, pond, gulf, and/or lake wearing a cement overcoat.

“I don't need a pre-nup. I need an anchor."

"You're right," agrees Stefano, "That would keep her at the bottom of the Salem River."


I think we’re all on the same page with this one. The only one going down is Nicole. Correction…Lucas is also heading for a reality check and a visit from the fashion police.

All the photos and captions were LOL funny. I especially liked the “jaws of life” and the comparison between the boobs and breasts. How so very true. Thanks for the stellar Monday morning update!

8:22 AM  
Blogger Applecheeks said...

Stefano, "If you're asking her to be your wife, are you ready for the next step?" EJ wrinkles his brow, "The next step?" "The nagging... The mood swings... The ugly and bitter divorce."

Thanks, Prevuze. I was wrinkling my brow right along with EJ on that one. LOL

"Even Plato got horny every now and then," says Daniel.

Plato groans along with the audience.

How does maximum security at Statesville sound?" "Pretty appealing at the moment."

Amen!

I don't need a pre-nup. I need an anchor." "You're right," agrees Stefano, "That would keep her at the bottom of the Salem River."

Very good, Prevuze. But, at this point, I think he needs an eye exam and a psych referral! I'm with Leslie on the pre-nup situation. Although, even though it's ludicrous, I suppose it showed SOME originality on the writers' part to have EJ throwing the hissy fit about a pre-nup rather than Nicole.

After a morning of dealing with a week’s worth of backlogged e-mail, the update and fabulously funny pictures were just what I needed to blow out the cobwebs.

9:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

POINT TO PONDER.....
Melanie signed a paper giving her the rights to the Alternative Fuel Project. She's never read the thing. She has the intelligence of a housefly. She probably wouldn't understand it, if she did read it. She knows NOTHING about it at all. All she knows is that Nick and her Dad worked together to come up with the idea and Nick signed the rights over to her.
Yet, she's the consultant on the project at Titan. What would she do if Victor and/or his colleagues should ask her a question about it. Could she tell them how it works? She's clueless. Wake up, Victor.
And that has been a POINT TO PONDER on DOOL

Now, did I hear Melanie tell Brady that if there was anything he needed to know about the Alternative Fuel project, she could teach him? Oh She Can?!! When did she read it? I just thought she signed the paper to get the rights to it and then couldn't read it for the $$$ in her eyes.

8:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Blogarama     Globe Of Blogs