Thursday, November 06, 2008

Go Ahead, Make My Day

It's the Melanie and Phillip show. Melanie gives Phillip a verbal barrage, "So you think you can handle me?"

Philip fires back, "I'd like to try."

Melanie shouts, "You're kind of acting a lot like..."

Phillip interrupts, "Acting like who?"

Melanie says, "Like my father."

Meanwhile, over at the Cheatin' Heart, Max is stunned to learn that Nick is in love with Melanie. Nick says he thought Max would be happy for him under the circumstances. Max says Melanie is trouble.

EJ stands outside Nicole's jail cell and assures her he was worried about her, as well as Junior-Junior #1. He asks how she wound up in the infirmary. She says she had some cramping that turned out to be nothing. EJ thinks it must have been quite a performance. He says he admires her tenacity and her maternal instincts.

The stupid, contrived, artificial friction between Sami and Rafe continues. The adolescents sit like statues opposite each other on the arms of the couch, stare endlessly and play "who blinks first." The audience stares at the walls and watches the paint dry for entertainment.

"You blinked," says Rafe.

"I did not," says Sami. Compelling dialog, isn't it?

We establish the fact that this idiocy started when Rafe caught Sami trying to take a walk. Sami snorts, "I was just trying to get some fresh air, Raphael."

"My name is Rafe."

"I prefer Raphael," says Sami, "as opposed to your cute little nickname."

Rafe proves it is possible to roll his eyes without blinking, "You might just be the most challenging nut case I've had yet."

Ho and Dope celebrate his new title. Hope toasts with sparkling cider, "I am officially humbled O high and mighty one." Hope assures him she won't ask for special favors. Bo doesn't want to rule out all favors. Hope attacks him and shoves him up against the window, with the blinds wide open. Outside, the crew at the cop shop watches in horror. The johns overflow as the entire force runs into them to hurl. Bo mercifully closes the blinds. Unfortunately, the cameras keep rolling.

The stupid, contrived, artificial friction between Sami and Rafe continues. They give each other zombie eyes. Aren't zombies always looking for brains? That would certainly fit this pair. They continue to stare wide-eyed. Apparently they are the only two people involved in this crud who can keep their eyes open.

"This is not very grown up," says Sami.

"You wanna be treated like an adult, you gotta act like an adult."

"You are not my father."

"That's for damn sure," says Rafe, "If I were I woulda taken you over my knee a long time ago and taught you some manners and maybe a little gratitude for the people who are helping you."

Sami's eyes get wider, "Is that what you call it. You're freakin' me out. I'm not conceding. But I do need to use the bathroom."

"Just leave the door open," says Rafe, "Wide."

"You're as bad as Hilda," says Sami.

"I'll take that as a compliment."

Sami decides she doesn't need to go, "I'll wait you out. Eventually everyone needs to sleep."

Stare... stare... stare... stare... stare...

BINGO!

Suddenly, Sami's poles switch and she flips like a bag-o-jumping beans. "ALRIGHTALRIGHTALRIGHT! I can't do this. I don't wanna be here any more. Blah, blah, blah, blada, blada, I wanna go home."

Rafe plays it cool, "All right... go ahead... call your dad."

Nicole is terrified of being pregnant and being a mother, "I'm not the maternal type." EJ tells her they will provide guidance together. Nicole vows not to be like her mother. EJ insists she will be a wonderful mother. She tells him being in jail has given her confidence, "I would do anything for this baby."

EJ jumps on that, "Does 'anything' include telling father the truth?" Nicole breaks down and tells EJ if he's saying things like that it means he still doesn't believe she's innocent. EJ says the information is stacking up against her, "Just tell me the truth, please."

Bo and Hope break it up. Bo says that is a favor he will grant any time day or night. Bo rants against Stefano and his cronies. He gets a call. EJ tells him Nicole is ready to talk. The dynamic duo rushes down to Nicole's jail cell.

Max continues to prove he's nuttier than a Stuckey's Pecan Log. The guy who gave up the love of his life for his sister now lectures Nick about what a horrible, hateful little tramp she is. Trent's lawyer interrupts his insanity with a phone call. Max listens and ponders, "No, Melanie didn't tell me that."

Melanie wonders when Phillip became the scientific genius, "Y can't judge Nick's work. You're just a businessman." Phillip says when Nick substantiates his findings he'll reconsider his decision about funding the project. Melanie tells him by then it will be too late and she knows how to handle men like him, "Goodbye." She storms out. Phillip stares.

Bo and Hope arrive in Nicole's cell. Nicole says, "I'm ready to tell the truth, the whole truth and nothing but."

Melanie orders a mojito at the Cheatin' Heart. Max challenges her age. She informs him it's her 18th birthday. Max congratulates her but reminds her she's still too young to drink in Salem, "In fact, if we went by mental age instead of chronological age, no one could drink in Salem.".

Nick leers from across the room as she says she's thinking about going back to France, "It beats the hell out of Salem. At least in France I'm old enough to get drunk."

"If you go back to France everyone there would have to get drunk, too."

Stephanie meets Phillip at the gym.

The stupid, contrived, artificial friction between Sami and Rafe continues. Sami asks for privacy while she makes her call. Rafe refuses. Sami calls Roman. She asks about the kids and then, "GASP! CHOKE! HUH? Nicole has been what?"

Nicole sings, "I told you the truth about that night, but what I didn't say was I had a gun and went there to kill Trent Robbins."

Sami blows her stack, "Why didn't you tell me this before? Were you so busy jumping Chloe's bones you couldn't tell me?"

Rafe gets a clue and grabs the phone, "Who are you talking to?" Silent Sami stares. "Back to the sofa, NOW!" Sami sits. Rafe explodes and demands to know who she was talking to.

Sami says she was talking to Lucas. She says she had to find out how the kids were, "My son could be living with a murderer." Mercifully, the phone rings and Sami shuts up.

Rafe answers, "Yeah, I'm stuck here with her. She's a real pain... Hey... thanks for the update and congrats." He hangs up, "Unbelievable. They arrested the truck stop slasher. I was on that case for two years. Now I miss the big moment because I am babysitting you."

"Sorry."

Nicole continues to blab, "I admit it. I wanted to kill Trent. But I couldn't pull the trigger." She remembers someone was there at the entrance to the cemetery. She is sure it was a man, "He was tall. That's all I can remember. I thought he was the caretaker."

EJ jumps in and asks, "Did either of you interview the caretaker? We can wrap this up tonight and get Nicole home."

Max tells Melanie, "There are people in Salem who care about you. Of course mostly, they are the ones who haven't met you. "

Suddenly, Melanie gets a call. She picks up and listens as the voice of a thousand demons says, "You can run but you can't hide." Nick stares from across the room.

Phillip thinks Melanie is a lying gold-digger and is only after Nick's money. Stephanie vows never to drink again like she did last night, "I blew my midterms, so from now on I'm turning over a new leaf and will study hard from now on." She tells Phillip her goal is to major in advertising, "Eventually I hope to work for a non-profit."

"Believe me," says Phillip, "if you work for them, they'll be non-profit."

The stupid, contrived, artificial friction between Sami and Rafe continues. Rafe asks, "How would you feel if your kids didn't have their mother because she wound up dead? If you get hurt I will have to live with that for all the Days Of Our Lives. Sami apologizes for being ungrateful and selfish.

So now the contrived, artificial friction moves into the obligatory contrived and artificial softening of the tension between them. Sami offers to make dinner. If Rafe knew Sami well, he would consider that to be a threat on his life. They talk about her kids. She actually remembers Will and then tells him about the twins and the complex little issue of two fathers. Rafe is stunned, "I didn't even know that could happe..."

FIRE!

Smoke fills the room and Sami bolts for the door. Rafe catches and grabs her, "Go ahead... make my day."

Phillip offers to hook Stephanie up with Titan. She says she'd rather work for a company that values her skills.

"It will be hard to find a company that values nothing, " says Phillip. She thinks he'd be a tough boss. "How tough," asks Phillip.

"Arrogant bastard tough."

Melanie rushes back home and tells Nick she's leaving Salem. They have some sort of exchange which is drowned out by the audience cheering. Nick begs her not to go and says he'll change his proposal to suit Phillip. She tells him about the weird phone call. She thinks it's the same person who sent the note. Nick says the best thing she can do is stay right there, "You got Max, you got me. Please stay and let me help."

The stupid, contrived, artificial friction between Sami and Rafe continues. Rafe tosses Sami back into the room, "You can't win. Not with me anyway."

"We'll see about that."

Rafe thinks this is all one big power struggle to her. He says he knows how the criminal mind works. The harder he pushes the harder she pushes back, so he will stop pushing. Meanwhile, the fire is forgotten and the house burns down.

Bo and Hope start to leave. Nicole asks why they didn't come after her earlier. "We didn't have enough evidence," says Hope.

"When have we ever let that stop us," asks Bo. They leave. EJ hugs her.

Outside, Hope says she thinks Nicole is telling the truth. Bo says there was no caretaker on duty and the person Nicole saw could be the killer.

The stupid, contrived, artificial friction between Sami and Rafe continues. Sami decides to take a shower. Rafe grabs her and finds a cell phone, "We'll add pickpocketing to your growing list of talents."

Sami heads for the shower, "And I'm closing the door, so get your kicks somewhere else."

Stephanie and Phillip continue to kibitz. Down deep she thinks he's a good person. Stephanie decides she is out of the relationship business. They break open the bottled water and Phillip toasts, "To the single life."

"And no more broken hearts."

Melanie decides running isn't a good idea. "I'll protect you," says Nick, "I'm a black belt in judo and tae-kwon-do."

"Really," asks Melanie.

"No," says Nick, "But I stayed at a cheesy hotel* last night."

*No product placement in Prevuze

Nicole knows she either saw the caretaker who can exonerate her or the real killer. She can't remember details, "If we can think of anyone else who had a motive... OMG! Stefano! He set me up!" EJ asks why he would want to do that. "I think you know why," sneers Nicole, "You are in on it. You want the same thing he does. You want to take my baby away from me, EJ."

Prevuze

The stupid, contrived, artificial friction between Sami and Rafe continues. Make that stupid, contrived, artificial juvenile friction. Rafe sneaks the bathroom door open and pulls Sami's pile of clothes out. Sami peeks out from behind the shower curtain as Rafe whispers, "Two can play at that game."

Sami gasps, "He took my clothes!"


Previews
========

You can watch the previews later today on our PREVUZE II website. Prevuze II should be up no later than noon, Eastern Time.

If you enjoyed today's recap and haven't left a donation in a while, please consider doing that. If you aren't in a position to donate, check out some of our advertisers. And you could also consider leaving a comment. We enjoy those. Look at it this way... I've already read Prevuze. YOU are MY entertainment.

18 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

luv ya hun, muahh

3:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The stupid, contrived, artificial friction between Sami and Rafe

Great. Just great. We've already had to endure 2.5 years of that with Sami & Elvis. Why don't they put Rafe & Elvis together in the safehouse, then I can just fast forward through the bad acting and the blinking all at once.

5:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like another boring episode of DAYS made enjoyable by Prevuze. Thanks! Allison Sweeney deserves much better storylines than what the writers have given her for the past couple of years. Scratch that. Most of the actors and actresses on Days deserve better stories!

5:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

”Melanie gives Phillip a verbal barrage, "So you think you can handle me?"

Philip fires back, ‘I'd like to try.’"

My question is “why?” Melanie has absolutely no redeeming qualities. She’s nothing but trouble and brings down anyone who tries to help her. Melanie and Nicole should be in the same holding cell, and the key for that cell needs to disappear…permanently.

"’You blinked,’ says Rafe.

‘I did not,’ says Sami. Compelling dialog, isn't it?”

Prevuze, it sure is. The worst part being that someone is actually getting paid to write it. Now that’s sick.

“Rafe proves it is possible to roll his eyes without blinking, ‘You might just be the most challenging nut case I've had yet.’"

Since I haven’t figured out how to post with italics, I will point out Prevuze’s brilliance by adding “nut” to that sentence. OK, time for my rant. Rafe is FBI, and Sami is his most challenging case? Does he normally guard toddlers, and Sami is his most challenging adventure in babysitting? At what point does he put her over his knee and spank her? That’s got to be coming. Why isn’t Sami obsessed with worrying about children? That would actually be a normal reaction to her situation. Instead the writer’s having her acting like a juvenile delinquent. When does she TP the safe house? Good gravy!

"You are not my father."

"’That's for damn sure," says Rafe, ‘If I were I woulda taken you over my knee a long time ago.’”

Hmmm, apparently I didn’t read far enough ahead before I posted my previous comment. Rafe only threatens to spank her. Excuse me while I spew chunks.

“EJ jumps in and asks, ‘Did either of you interview the caretaker?’”

Of course they didn’t. If they had, we wouldn’t have to puzzle all the intricacies of this brilliant “who killed Trent” storyline. Yeah right.

“The stupid, contrived, artificial friction between Sami and Rafe continues. Make that stupid, contrived, artificial juvenile friction.”

We can only hope someone from DOOL is reading this blog because Prevuze has really nailed the essence of this storyline.

Prevuze thanks once again for your stellar breakdown of another really stupid Daze episode.

5:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...

Hey, someone, please wake me when (if) this show gets interesting.

6:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why is Philip seemingly interested in Melanie?

6:56 AM  
Blogger Applecheeks said...

The audience stares at the walls and watches the paint dry for entertainment.

and

Apparently they are the only two people involved in this crud who can keep their eyes open.

Prevuze has neatly summed up the quagmire this show has become. There isn't a single story-line I want to waste any time on.

The pictures today, on the other hand, were stellar! Dr. Dan's bird's eye view of Chloe's cleavage and Nicole's tummy squeezing were hilarious!

My HUH?! moment - how Prevuze managed to slog through this crud today and still come up with a totally entertaining post!

7:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK, that's it!! Forget spewing chunks - after that horrid image of Ho and Dope's behavior right in the middle of the cop shop I think I have the full fledged bird flu! AAARRGGHH!

My Huh? moment: if 18 still isn't drinking age in Salem then that means Stephanie (and Chelsea)are 21or older and college graduation age already or Max served her the flirtini illegally.

Loved Abe's Mt. Rushmore image and the Dr. Dan/Chloe pic. And a great censored link! Thanks, Prevuze, for getting us thru this dreadful episode.

7:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tripp, I think Phillip just wants to eventually bed down all the pretty females on DOOL that he can. lol

Melanie has Phillip, Nick, and even her brother, Max, doing flips for her already.

Phillip is also sizing up Stephanie now that she and Max have broken up their relationship.

Why does Kate believe Chloe broke Phillip's heart and hates her so much? It was just casual sex for both of them. Friends with benefits was their exact words for it.

Nick is tall. Maybe he did kill Trent? I don't see how he could get out of this one because Trent was stabbed in the back.

7:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay maybe I am wrong .What part of a stare contest is interesting? How long can the audience continue to watch this. Am I the only one that sees that this has got to be the end of this show. How can the writers hold their heads up? This is suppose to be sweeps and this is all they have to offer? Very diappointed in the whole show. Maybe they want to be unemployed so they can get their share of the wealth obama will spread. who knows.What ever this kind of writing is, I have to wonder where they went to college to get a degree for this. Can you imagine how boring their own lives must be if this is what they call entertainment. I started to apologize for this, but I think they should be apologizing to us the viewers. Sorry for the rant.c.

9:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooh, I can't wait to see Phil try and handle Melanie.

Great prevuze again even though 90% of DAYS sounds like I'll sleep thru it.

10:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Melanie says, "Nick, I got a scary phone call! Threatening letters! Waahhh!"

Nick says, "You mean the writers have caught on and decided to fire you from the show?"

I think Melanie needs to make some connections in Salem. If they're going to make her the resident b!tch, they should at least give her interesting, b!tchy storylines. Remember Vivian Alamain? Holla!

11:03 AM  
Blogger Days Daily Chat on MySpace said...

How long is alot of this crap going to drag out.

LUMI Forever and Chloe needs to go to a whorehouse for how they are setting her up. Her and Lucas make me sick!!!

11:22 AM  
Blogger Applecheeks said...

I just logged back on to catch up on comments and all of a suddent there were two pictures that hadn't come up for me this morning.

Censored link was a hoot, but hardly censor material I would think.

Also loved the "Abe Carver". Probably just as well I didn't see that this morning. I probably wouldn't have been awake enough to 'get' it.

12:06 PM  
Blogger Prevuze said...

Censored link was a hoot, but hardly censor material I would think.

We went the "better safe than sorry" route. After all, it was kind of gross. Besides, admit it, you guys like the naughtiness of hitting those forbidden links, so we like the naughtiness of tempting you by posting them.

2:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

To whoever asked "Why does Kate believe Chloe broke Phillip's heart and hates her so much?"...
Chloe broke Phillip's heart after high school by hooking up with and marrying Brady. Phillip decided to join the marines and came back missing his leg.

2:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, I have never posted a comment before and I don't know if the writers of Prevuze read this, but I just wanted to say I really enjoy this blog. I love being able to read Days a day a head. I read as soon as I wake up. I know I'm a dork LOL. Keep up the good work. I really like the smart alec comments. It bring humor to the sometimes boring Days.

On a side note, I liked Sami with EJ and Nicole makes my skin crawl. I really hope they put them back together :)

6:17 PM  
Blogger Prevuze said...

I don't know if the writers of Prevuze read this

We read it. Thanks.

8:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Blogarama     Globe Of Blogs