Friday, April 11, 2008

The Gidget Gene

Bo fidgets. Lexie comes in to see him. He wants his release papers. Lexie says that's Daniel's call, "I'm only the Chief of Staph. Daniel is practically God. She tells Bo if he decides to check himself out she will have security restrain him, "Hope would have a fit if she knew how you are behaving."

"Hope usually has a fit no matter how I behave."

Daniel comes in to see Kayla and waxes philosophically. It's kind of an icky, melted wax. He transitions into his cool surfer-boy lingo and asks, "Ever thought about shooting the pipeline?"

"No," says Kayla, "I don't do drugs. I wasn't brought up with that 'Gidget' gene."

Daniel knows she lived in California, "I read your file and I checked you out on the Internet, and as we all know the Internet is a bastion of truth." If he hadn't liked what he had read he would have kicked her off the team. He can't believe she lived in California but never surfed. He says Dr. Elman has approved her release. Kayla wants to leave now. She asks him to spring her. "That's not my call," says Daniel.

Kayla tries to work him. Daniels says if it were his call he'd release her, "I am such a sucker for beautiful women, but I guess I'm a sucker for you, too. I'll run it by the Chief of Staph."

Ava moves in on Patch. She's ditched Hope/Kayla and is ready to get down to business. Patch says, "What we had was great but it couldn't last. It was real and it was intense but sometimes the hottest fires burn out the fastest."

"Just light it again," says Ava.

Hope talks to herself, "There must be a way out... but my DOOL contract doesn't expire until next year."

John and Marlena dance. "Are they playing our song," asks John.

"We have a song," says Marlena, "Should I have them play it?"

"No," says John, "I prefer to make this up as we go along. Just like the DOOL writers do."

Suddenly, Marlena jumps out of her skin. Things aren't feeling right for her. They go back to the table. John decides the champagne is flat. Marlena says she doesn't want him to order more, "That's how I got carried away before."

"Is that a bad thing," asks John.

"It is when you're in the arms of a stranger," says Marlena, "And, God knows I've been there done that." John says the old John is gone and she can't have that guy back. Marlena isn't sure she wants the new guy.

"I'm handsome and smart and have more money than Trump," says John.

"One out of three ain't bad," says Marlena.

Marlena says she has a hard time differentiating between he old and new John, "My feelings are all tangled up in memories of the way we were."

John asks, "Misty water-colored memories? Scattered pictures of the smiles we left behind?"

Bo rages. He wants to help Hope if she is in trouble. Lexie begs him to involve the police. Bo softens a bit. Lexie asks Bo, "Why don't you want the police involved? What's going on with Hope?"

Not much – Hope paces and flops down on a couch.

Patch and Ava maul each other. She asks if it's all coming back to him. Patch thinks they were good together.

"Good," asks Ava, "We were made for each other."

"It was what it was," says Patch.

"No," says Ava, "It is what it is."

Ava insists she got sick because of Patch. "No," says Patch, "I think it was this dialogue. That would make anybody sick."

Ava wants him to make it up to her, "Daddy can be dealt with. Once we're back together again, the world can take care of itself. And if it doesn't, to hell with it." She attacks him.

Suddenly, Patch has a pain, "Ack! The baby! Cramps!" Ava thinks she can make it better.

Patch walks away. Ava pouts, "You hate me."

No," says Patch, "I don't."

"Then why did you pull away," she asks.

Patch consults the Guy Manual, "When I make love to you I want it to be right."

Ava thinks NOW is right. "No," says Patch, "I don't want it to be as your prisoner or all banged up from a plane crash."

Ava cries, "Oh, God, the plane crash. It was all my fault. You could be dead right now."

"That would be too much to ask for," says Patch, "You know, I’m not a man who makes love while his pregnant wife is down the hall. There's just too much chance of getting caught." She tells him he has to decide between the two of them.

Bo refuses to bring the cops in. He demands Lexie let him out of there. Bo knows he can sign himself out. She warns him he would be compromising himself if he did that.

"How about if I go and leave my pancreas here," he asks.

Daniel walks in and overhears. He tells Bo he dodged a bullet. He's fortunate to be alive. Daniel's warning goes in one ear and out the other, proving sound does travel in a vacuum. Bo asks, "So are you gonna let me out or not?"

Marlena says it's not just John's memory. Everything about him is different, "Your personality has changed. You can't even squint any more." Sometimes she thinks she sees the old John in him but she knows she really doesn't. John thought they had been moving on from there but he guesses not. She loves him but he does things she doesn't like. John says he isn't really sure who the new John is either, "I guess I'm just making it up as I go along. Just like the DOOL writers do." He wonders how she reconciles what happened in the tent.

"I can't deny I am sexually drawn to you."

"How is that working for you?"

"Not so well, Dr. Phil."

"You have stuck it out so far," says John, "Aren't you curious to see how it ends?"

Marlena says he will always mean something to her. John thinks that's the big kiss-off, "Let me drive the bus for a while. Just relax and enjoy the ride."

"No way am I letting you drive," says Marlena, "You can't even walk across the street without getting clobbered." The thought of letting John be in charge terrifies her. She mourns for the old John.

"You sound like I'm some dead man walking," says John.

"You're such a robot you sound more like a dead man talking," says Marlena. She says she has to sort things out.

John asks, "You're leaving?"

Marlena says, "Yes, I am. The three glasses of iced tea I had cut right through me. I'll be back in five minutes."

Daniel checks Bo out, "Your blood pressure is fine, your respiratory rate is fine, you can still flash your teeth... you seem to be doing well."

Bo thinks he would recuperate faster at home, "I want to go where green jello isn't considered a vegetable." Daniel asks if he would follow a strict regimen.

"I would if I knew what that meant," says Bo. Daniel releases him and says Kayla would like to talk to Lexie.

Lexie turns to Bo, "Don't make me sorry for this." She leaves.

Daniel gives him the regimen. He goes through the list of pills Bo has to take, "You have to watch out for rejection. Don't forget, you had a pancreas. Chelsea had a skankreas. And there are three things that won't make me mad if you call in the middle of the night: fever, chills and vomiting."

"That happens a lot when I'm with Hope," says Bo.

"No driving for six weeks," says Daniel, "I'll call the hospital medi-van. Your insurance doesn't cover it, but you look like a guy who can spring for the $500 ride home."

Bo rejects the offer, "And, by the way, thanks for saving my life – even though I have to go home to Hope."

"I couldn't have done it without you," says Daniel.

He leaves and Bo dials his phone. He tells Caroline he needs a favor, "No questions asked."

Lexie goes through Kayla's chart and releases her on the condition that she goes home and goes straight to bed.

"I'll do that," says Kayla, "I'll just catch up on my favorite soaps."

"Make sure you don't catch up on DOOL," says Lexie, "That could be lethal – it could bore you to death." Lexie asks if she can stop Bo from searching for Hope. Kayla promises to make sure Bo takes care of himself. Lexie leaves. Kayla calls Caroline and says she needs a favor.

Patch says his ribs are too bad to do anything. Ava says she will do all the work. "Tonight's just not gonna happen for us," says Patch.

"I guess I've waited this long," says Ava, "but I'm not gonna wait for all the Days Of Our Lives." She caresses his cheek and then...

SLAP!

Ava walks out. At least that made Patch forget his ribs.

Hope hears a sound outside her door. Leap before you look Brady picks up a vase and hides behind the door. Patch rushes in and barely stops his second headshot of the day. He tells Hope, "Ava's trying to get me into bed. I let her down easy – so easy she slapped me silly." Steve tells her Ava wasn't like this before, "My leaving really screwed her up." They agree to try to find a way out.

John thinks Marlena needs just to let things happen, "Just play it where it lies."

"I can't do that," says Marlena, "The foot wedge is my favorite club." Right now, she doesn't want to be with him. She says she will be gone as long as it takes to figure out if her feelings for him are real. John wants her to stay right there.

Alex North walks up behind her, "And I think it's time for us to leave, Marlena."

Caroline chauffeurs the daffy duo. She has the feeling she is driving a getaway car. She reaches back to feel Bo's forehead. After the crash she wonders why Hope and Steve didn't pick them up.

"They're tied up," says Kayla.

Caroline wants to know whom to drop off first. They tell her they want to go to the pub. "Trust us," says Kayla, "We know what we're doing."

"That's strange," says Caroline, "I hadn't heard about hell freezing over."

John says it's unlikely the real John is coming back, "Before you, I walked around like Frankenstein. Stefano designed me to be a killing machine. But you stopped me. I know what it is, when you're with me, you feel like you're cheating on your husband."

"Which one," asks Marlena - Evans - Craig - Bradford - Brady - Black - North – Black, "That's not fair – you can read my mind and I don't know what's going on in yours."

"One of us must be a great psychiatrist," says John.

Caroline begs Bo and Kayla to tell her what's going on. She orders Bo to go up and go to bed. "That's not gonna happen," says Bo. She reminds him OMB died so he could live. Bo insists he loves life now more than ever, "That happens every time Hope is missing." Caroline gives up and tells the wacka-duo to be careful. She leaves.

"Now what," asks Kayla.

"We find our partners," says Bo, "and do-si-do."

Angelo comes into Hope/Kayla's room and asks what Patch is doing in there. "Visiting my pregnant wife," says Patch.

"What did you pick the lock with," asks Angelo. Patch is silent. Angelo threatens, "Would you rather I strip search you or your wife?"

"OMG no," screams Patch, "Don't strip her. Kidnapping us is one thing, torture is another." Patch takes a bent paper clip out of his pocket and hands it to Angelo. Angelo hauls him off.

John tells Marlena whenever she figures this out he won't be a hard guy to find. Marlena just can't promise anything right now. She gets up. They have an almost-kiss, but Marlena turns and walks away in slow motion. John stares.

Hope stands alone in her room and frets, "I've gotta get out of here. I'll be finding my way back to you, Bo, with a burning love inside. Yeah I'm working my way back to you, Bo With a happiness that died. I let it get away, paying every day."

Bo stares. Kayla asks if he is OK. "It's Hope," says Bo, "She's in trouble." He shows Kayla a DVD some security guy at the hospital gave him, "It's gonna lead us to her. Once we find her we'll go looking for Ciara." The dimwits' excellent adventure begins.


Previews
========

You can watch the previews later today on our PREVUZE II website.

15 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've often wondered why the Daze writing team is never nominated for an Emmy. But after reading It was what it was," says Patch. "No", says Ava, "It is what it is." that sort of explains everything.

And let me get this straight. Patch can pick a lock with a bent paper clip but he and big cop Hope are somehow unable to knock out and tie up Ava when they were alone in the room with her??

I love the further adventures of the wandering sailboat and Lucas' transformation in prison. HAHAHAHA

Excellent Prevuze - TGIP!

6:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have to agree with bulldog's sentiments....

Loved the "Lucas' transformation in prison" pic.

Keep up the goooooood work!


--- nanny_74

6:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope we get a daily Belle/Shawn updates via the pics. I am loving those! Lucas is also more interesting in prison.

Notice how slow things are when Hope or Bo or Kayla or (ackk!) Lexie are in the scene? Give these people something to work with, would you?

When the John/Marlena scenes are the best in the show, you know it's a yawner episode.

Of course, I'm just making this up as I go along.

7:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hahahaha great Prevuze! Bulldog, I think Prevuze should get the writing Emmy. Too many Prevuze-isms to mention today - but I laughed out loud at "One of us must be a great psychiatrist," says John. Too funny. And I love the "Prison changes Lucas" pic and the daily Shawn/Belle sailing updates. Thanks again for a great Prevuze!

8:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't normally post on here, but Ihave to vent! I have watched this show for about 22 years, since I was about 5. I LOVED this show, I just had to watch to see what was going to happen next. And I loved the preview at the end of everyday's show, it just made me have to watch. But I have not been able to watch the show for some time now because of the S/Ls. I then turned to Prevuze to stay updated everyday, but I must say, it is getting to the point now where I can't stand to read the show more or less watch it. Nothing against the wonderful Prevuze team, you guys do a great job of making a boring and sometimes stupid show enjoyable.
Am I the only one that feels this way? Please tell me I am not? :)

Sorry for the vent, put I just can't take it much longer. LOL
Someone really needs to going in a slap some sense into those writers or I have a feeling the are going to start losing a lot of longtime fans, other than the ones that they have already lost!

Once again, sorry for the vent!

8:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with you totally. I have been watching the show since the mid- 70's. I stopped for a good while in the 90's and came back a few years ago, thinking that with all my old favorites back it might be worth watching again. I can hardly do it and nothing against Prevuze, but I find I care so little about these characters now, I can barely stand to even read through it.

8:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What this show lacks is a dose or reality. You might as well be watching a sci-fi where you know it's supposed to be beyond belief. However, I disagree about the Jarlena scenes being boring. The OLD Jarlena scenes were boring because they were predictable and sappy. I LOVE Jawn, LOVE that he doesn't squint, and Marlena needs to just get passed not having the old John. How many men has she fallen "in love" with? Who says she couldn't fall "in love" with the new Jawn? Heck, I'm sure there would be more excitement with Jawn than there was with John, in more ways than one. They need to give her a personality change, mid-life crisis or something where she just decides to be the wild thang and go for it!

As far as the vets on the show, I still enjoy having them around. I agree, "Writers, give them something GOOD to work with!!!!" Tough cop Hope and even a banged up Patch could take on these goons. I guess we are supposed to think they won't take her on because of her being in the Vitali family and that they would constantly be running/hiding from the Vitalis. Hello! If her father was really that concerned about Steve Johnson, he would have offed him long ago for what he supposedly did to Ava by leaving her. Poppa probably really knows it wasn't Steve that caused it. Heck, he was just glad Steve left. And I hope they don't "redeem" her. I find her quite annoying and the whole SL sickening. And what happened to "courageous" Hope that would do whatever it takes to get back to Bo? She's taken on goons before. Why is she so afraid of Mugsy? Don't the guards and Ava ever sleep around there? That's the time to leave. Good grief. Somewhere in there Hope's got to have a "cycle" and could fake out Ava that she's losing the baby and has to get to a hospital. Steve could convince Ava that he's not letting her bring ANY doctor there to take care of a potential miscarriage.

And, yeah, I don't know why I keep on caring what happens either. I guess it's just a bad habit!

9:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am only watching with such interest because of Philip/Chloe and Dr. Dan/Chelsea. If it weren't for that I probably would have not started watching again at all.

But I still find Days way more interesting than YnR any day of the week (why that show is number 1, I will never know). I have been watching General Hospital since the 1st grade, so I am a hopeless soap junkie. Without some sort of intervention, I am never going to stop watching.

LOL the Gidget gene...I am getting images of Kayla on a surf board...her hair is unwet and still not moving.

10:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

John and Marlana's new song has to be Beauty and the Beast.

10:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

John and Marlana's new song has to be Beauty and the Beast.

Which one is beauty and which one is the beast?

11:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Remember when Billie had the affair with Nick and she discussed it with Bo. Bo told her he had an affair with an older woman when he was 15. Could Dr Daniel be the product of that affair?

11:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well...Marlana has been really rough on John since he came back...So, my vote for beast is Marlana.

11:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lets ask Stephano?

11:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Remember when Billie had the affair with Nick and she discussed it with Bo. Bo told her he had an affair with an older woman when he was 15. Could Dr Daniel be the product of that affair?

Interesting idea. But Victor and Daniel have both talked about their families being old friends. It would also mean a real eeeuuuuwwww moment if the Dr. Dan/Chelsea thing goes anywhere. HA

KOTU

7:28 PM  
Blogger Applecheeks said...

A bonanza of prevuisms today:

Daniel comes in to see Kayla and waxes philosophically. It's kind of an icky, melted wax.

Daniel's warning goes in one ear and out the other, proving sound does travel in a vacuum.

And of course Bo leaving his pancreas behind; Marlena's ice tea cutting right through her and cheating on which husband; finally, Bo still being able to flash his teeth. LOLOL

Prevuze had moments of nostalgia with the golden oldie song-a-thon and of hilarity with all the great pictures.

With all that there was one small missed prevuism opportunity:

"The thought of letting John be in charge terrifies her. She mourns for the old John." The one who let her lead him around by the ring in his nose.

Loved this Friday Prevuze.

7:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Blogarama     Globe Of Blogs