Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Detective Extraordinaire

Roman is at Marlena's to go on a midnight mission. Sorry, I guess he's there to help take the boxes to the Midnight Mission. Roman looks around and gripes about the number of boxes. Marlena is sorry about the big load, "I would have called someone for help but under the circumstances..."

Roman interrupts ("under the circumstances" is a lightning rod in Salem), "Are you talking about Belle and Phillip?"

"How do you know about that," asks Marlena.

"I passed Hope's billboard on the way over here," says Roman.

Roman tells her if she wants to talk about it that's OK and if she doesn't want to talk about it, that's OK, too. Who is he kidding? Marlena wants to talk about it. "I'm not sure what to do," says Marlena.

"About Belle," he asks.

"No," says Marlena, "About Hope."

"Stuffing a large sock in her mouth would be a good start," says Roman.

Hope walks into the pub and sees Belle sitting at a table. Belle is going through her inventory of new clothes. Hope asks, "What's all this?"

"It's some clothes I got a poor disadvantaged girl for Christmas," says Belle, "She lives with her parents in a one-room hovel above a bar and her parents are having marriage difficulties. They don't have a dime even though the wife's father was a billionaire and between them, they have the IQ of a retarded doorknob."

That whets Hope's appetite for more. She decides to join Belle for the lunch from Hell. Hope doesn't even get her butt on the seat before she starts in. Belle tries to be cheerful and assures Hope she and Shawn are all lovey-dovey, "And I'm gonna tell Claire every day how much Mommy and Daddy love her."

Hope flips her hair (That makes her snotty little question much more effective. She learned that little trick in her "Being a Busybody for Dummies" Book) , "And which Daddy would that be?" The temperature in the pub drops to absolute zero.

Phillip acts like a tycoon as Shawn comes in acting like a dope. Oh, no acting involved. Shawn says he's going to rat out Phillip for planting the gun. Phillip says, "You're not going through with your threat."

Shawn says, "As a matter of fact I am. My dad is going to be here any minute."

Kate and Lucas are at Chez Rouge. Lucas has told her Bo has the gun. Kate is unimpressed. Lucas rants at Kate for being so nonchalant about things. He starts to leave. Kate stops him. She tells him she's always taken care of him, and then tells him she will only be charged with a misdemeanor. She'll only get a slap on the wrist. Lucas postures and snorts, "Meanwhile, I'll rot in a jail." Kate assures him he will come out unscathed. "No," says Lucas, "The cops have a way to test the bullet in EJ's spine. It will match my gun. I did it. I shot EJ."

EJ stares out the window as Sami putters around the apartment. He tells her is in the process of sending out their Christmas cards, "complete with one of those bragging letters you Yankees seem to like so much." He gives her one to read.

Sami says, "We're not sending this out."

"Why," asks EJ, "The grammar isn't that bad is it?"

"You misspelled 'rape,'" says Sami. She says she has to go over to her apartment. He stops her. He wants to spend some time together. He has good news. He had another PT session this morning and was able to stand pretty much on his own, "I was thinking... maybe we could go into the bedroom and see if we can connect with some of those feelings you have for me. He kisses her hand, smiles and waits for her answer.

Belle says she is trying to be nice. Hope isn't. Belle says Claire knows Shawn is her father and she also tells Hope it's over with Phillip. Hope takes out a crowbar and pries a little more. She asks why Belle met with Phillip before the reunion.

Shawn says Phillip could be up on charges of obstructing justice. He thinks Phillip did this to get close to Belle. Phillip swears nothing happened in the hotel room.

"That must have been tough for you," says Shawn, "You're not used to someone telling you no." Phillip thinks Shawn is trying to punish Belle.

Marlena says Hope is being too hard on Belle. "I'm not too crazy about Belle and Phillip myself," she says, "That's got to be tough – juggling two men."

"There seems to be a lot of that going on," says Roman, "In fact, it hits close to home with you, doesn't it." A referee tosses a flag and gives Roman fifteen yards for unsportsmanlike conduct.

Marlena dodges the question. Roman says, "I can see she will have to learn from her mistakes just like her mom did."

Marlena chuckles, "You were not a mistake, just an error in judgment I kept making over and over and over." Roman gets a call from the DA.

Lucas is stiff, "That's right. I did it. I thought you should hear it from me first. There is nothing we can do to fight it." Kate says they will play dirty and win. "We're not doing any of that," says Lucas, "I am pleading guilty."

"Wow," says Sami, "You don't waste any time do you?" EJ says it's about time they put some romance into the marriage. Sami accuses him of faking his injuries and tries to pull him up out of his chair. She picks up a 20 pound barbell and slings it around, "Was this fake too? Were your workouts fake?" EJ swears he's not faking it. He's on thin ice. Never argue with a barbell-wielding woman. Sami thinks he's been stringing her along.

"I am not," insists EJ, "I can prove it. Talk to my doctor... or my therapist... or your lover who put a bullet in my back in the first place!"

Marlena hyperventilates as Roman talks to the DA's office. Roman gets off the phone and says the charge has been reduced to a misdemeanor for gun possession. Marlena is sooooo relieved. Hugs. Marlena is surprised. She thinks he had something to do with this, "I don't know how to thank you."

Roman has a few ideas, "That's what ex-husbands are for. And speaking of ex-wives, Kate got the same deal."

Marlena asks, "Roman, who shot EJ?"

"That is the million dollar question."

Kate asks if Lucas has thought about the consequences of pleading guilty. "No," says Lucas, "That would involve thinking." She begs him to fight. Lucas says Stefano will go after his children and he doesn't want to lose them, "I have already lost Sami. Pretty ironic isn't it. I hated EJ and in the end it's my own hatred that took it all away."

Sami insists Lucas didn't do it. She accuses EJ of being a snoop and listening in.

Belle says she and Phillip talked about Claire when they were together in the hotel room. Hope accuses her of lying, "And were you and Phillip talking about Claire when you were upstairs having sex?" The same referee drops a game-misconduct on Hope. Meanwhile, people at surrounding tables scoot a little closer so they can hear better.

Belle attempts to contain her anger, "I've tried to be respectful of you."

Hope is on a roll, "Talk about respect! What about your husband?" Belle says if Hope had any respect for her she would have kept her mouth shut in the first place. She reminds hope of the difficulties she and Bo have had. The referee is running out of flags, fifteen yards for Belle.

Hope says she has tried to give Belle chances. Belle nukes, "You haven't given me chances. You have given me tests and you want me to fail."

Phillip says if Shawn tells Bo, Belle will be an accessory to a crime. That's Bo's cue, "Hi guys, what's going on?"

Kate tells Lucas he's not a murderer. He asks if she has forgotten about Franco Kelly. She says that was a dark part of his life and she knows he wouldn't go back and do it again. Lucas tells the story. He was trying to relax the night of the wedding. As he sat there brooding, he got angrier about the whole thing, so he called the nurse and went to the church. He couldn't stop himself, "Do you believe me now? Instead of EJ going down it's my life that's over." Kate is stunned. Lucas says, "Just say something."

Kate drags out one of the old Salem standards, "We're gonna get through this."

"There is nothing we can do," says Lucas.

Kate thinks for a minute, "There is something you can do. Leave the country. Immediately." The cheering audience drowns out the rest of the conversation.

EJ says, "I keep telling you the monitor was turned off. It's like I'm talking to a wall." The wall says Lucas told her he didn't shoot EJ. EJ claims Lucas is lying, "I think the stress of juggling two men is taking its toll."

"There seems to be a lot of that going on," says Sami, "But don't worry – for me, that will end soon.

In a secluded corner over at Salem Laboratories, a needle on the Richter Scale begins to move. It's The Big One! Check that, it's Belle teeing off on Hope, "TWO WORDS HOPE – PATRICK LOCKHART!" That does it. The referee ejects Belle from the game.

Hope has a great comeback, "Nobody's perfect..."

Belle cuts her off, "I am married to Shawn. If you don't like it that's your problem."

"Strange place for a meeting," says Bo, "Whoever heard of having a meeting in an office? " Shawn tells Bo the gun was a setup. Phillip says that's ridiculous. Shawn completes the story. Bo asks if it's true. Phillip denies. Bo takes Shawn aside and asks why Philip would do it.

Shawn starts to answer but cuts himself off, "Faged-aboud-it."

"It's Belle, isn't it," asks Bo.

As they walk toward the pub, Bo tells Shawn he did the right thing. "I implicated my wife," says Shawn, "What will happen to her?"

Don't worry; Ole honest cop Bo will sweep it under the rug. "The two of you gotta talk," he advises.

Belle leaves to get Claire as the two of them enter the pub. Hope tells Bo she was asking about the meeting with Phillip. Bo starts to tell Hope about the planted gun but Shawn interrupts, "Dad what do you think you are doing?"

Lucas says he can't leave the country. He won't abandon Ali. Kate says Stefano will get him if he stays, "Go to Switzerland. Maybe you can take another crack at Carrie."

"Switzerland," says Lucas, "Skiing... Chocolate factories... I'll send you a cuckoo clock. That's the first place they would look. Besides, Bo took my passport. I'm stuck here."

EJ says he had an exam this morning. The police requested it. He says they took a hi-res image of the bullet inside his back and soon they will know for certain if that bullet came from Lucas' gun.

"No," growls Sami, "We will know for certain it didn't. He didn't do it."

"For argument's sake," says EJ, "Let's say he did. I can make you a deal that will guarantee Lucas protection."

Marlena looks at the ripped up picture. Roman comes out and asks what it is. She shows it to him. "Is this John," asks Roman.

"Why else would someone send it to him," asks Marlena. Marlena knows the woman in the picture is not Daphne. She was hoping Roman could help her find out her identity.

Shawn takes Bo aside and asks him not to tell Hope Belle planted the gun. Belle comes out with Claire and zones in on Bo and Shawn talking. Hope tells her she looks nervous.

Kate offers to get Lucas a phony passport. "Oh great," huffs Lucas, "Then we can add ten years to my sentence." Kate suggests he take a cargo ship on the Kiriakis fleet. That way he won't need a passport. When Stefano dies they will find a way to clear him, "Should I make the arrangements?"

Sami wants to know what kind of a deal. "All I want," says EJ, "Is that we... you... you live here exclusively and sleep in my bed. In return, I will agree not to press charges. Lucas will go free. I will also make sure my father doesn't retaliate. Do we have a deal?"

Sami winds up like Roger Clemens on steroids and... Oh, I guess that's not just a figure of speech any more, is it? Anyway, she hauls off and starts to slap him. EJ, blocks her. Their faces come together like two atoms in a linear accelerator and lots of huffing and hissing ensues.

Roman looks at the picture, "If that is John, this picture was taken quite a while ago." You can't put anything past Roman. Marlena is sure it's John. Roman thinks it would be impossible to find out Mama's identity.

Marlena suggests he could start by trying to find out something about the pearls Mama is wearing. She turns on the charm, "For a detective like you... Detective extraordinaire..."

"Flattery will get you everywhere," says Roman, "No pressure right? Just what do you hope to find?"

"His past," says Marlena, "His future was lost to me. His past is all I have."

Belle tells Hope they aren't going to do this in front of Claire.

Shawn doesn't want Bo to upset Hope. Bo says she has her reasons to be upset. Belle approaches them and Bo makes over Claire. Belle tries to make small talk with Bo, but he is distant. Bo and Hope leave.

Outside Bo tells Hope about the gun. "What favor did Phillip want in return," asks Hope.

"I've got a good idea."

"So do I."

Sami and EJ invent a new sport – wheelchair wresting. He grabs her and pulls her in, "It will be wonderful. We will spend all the Days Of Our Lives together happily – as it was meant to be."

Sami rages, "I am never sleeping with you ever again."

Roman asks to keep the picture. He will get a copy and see what he can find out about the necklace. He asks what Marlena is doing for Christmas. He wants her to come to Alice's. She will think about it.

Belle asks Shawn if he thought Bo was distant with her. Shawn did. She asks why.

"He knows about the gun," says Shawn. Belle freaks. Shawn says Bo will protect her. He says he tried to keep Belle's name out of it but Phillip wouldn't cooperate. He leaves to go get a camera so they can take some pictures of what's-her-face.

Belle yanks out her cell phone and calls Phillip, "What the hell were you thinking? I can't believe you told Bo!"

"I didn't tell him," says Phillip, "Shawn did."

"Shawn said you did."

"I didn't betray you," says Phillip, "Your husband did." Dumb-da-dumb-dumb.

Lucas agrees to go along with Kate's plan if they match the bullet. Kate will make the arrangements before Christmas.

EJ says, "Husbands do make love to their wives."

Sami has a meltdown, "Is that what you called it when you raped me? Is this an ultimatum? Gee, this seems familiar. You've done this before."

"There is a difference," says EJ, "We are married. And now you have all these feelings for me."

"If Lucas is in trouble I'll save him myself," whimpers Sami.

"Don't be foolish," says EJ, "It's time you wised up."

"I am finally wising up," says Sami, "This ends right now."

As Roman starts to leave, he sees a piece of paper on Marlena's floor. He picks it up and looks at it, "I think this is the other half of the picture!" He takes the bottom half and tries to fit the two pieces together, "I think we just figured out Mama's identity." Marlena looks at the picture and gasps...


Previews
========

You can watch the previews later today on our PREVUZE II website.

28 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Holy smokes! If DOOL lives up to the Prevuze recap, this episode sounds like great fun! Oh, Prevuze, your description of the Belle/Hope smack down was hilarious! It sounds like a steel cage match worthy of Hulk Hogan and Rowdy Roddy Piper.

It's The Big One! Check that, it's Belle teeing off on Hope, "TWO WORDS HOPE – PATRICK LOCKHART!" That does it. The referee ejects Belle from the game.

This was only after Belle lofted one and hit Randy Moss in the end zone. Too bad the play had to be called back. What do you know? Belle actually does have a back bone. Who would have guessed?

Lucas is going on the lam in Switzerland with the help of his mommy. Ejamis cheer and Lumis threaten to never watch DOOL again.

"Don't be foolish," says EJ, "It's time you wised up."

"I am finally wising up," says Sami, "This ends right now."


Lumis decide that maybe DOOL is still worth watching, and Ejamis threaten to march on NBC.

Great, great, Prevuze!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5:44 AM  
Blogger Deb said...

Someone pointed out that if John IS the Santeen baby people will end up being their own grandparents or something like that.

Well, they would, but not by blood.

OMB___________Colleen
I I
Kayla ____Roman John
I I I
Steph Carrie,Sami Belle_Brady
Eric I
Claire

By BLOOD Kayla Roman and John would be first cousins, (the children of brother and sister)
And Carrie, Sami, Eric, Belle and Brady would all be siblings and second cousins. And Stephanie would just be a second cousin.

But there is a possibility none of us have considered.
Mama might be Colleen, but the boy in the picture ISN'T John but some mystery kid.

I still think John will end up being Vivian and Stefano's spawn.

5:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOVED the Who's the Mama picture. That just might be the best ever, IMO.

5:58 AM  
Blogger Applecheeks said...

Great stuff! First Philip throws Hope's threats back in her face and now Belle finally lets her inner bitch out. This will really be "must see TV".

Just the first couple of paragraphs today had one great prevuisms after another and they just kept coming.

"Are you talking about Belle and Phillip?" "How do you know about that," asks Marlena. "I passed Hope's billboard on the way over here," says Roman.

Hope doesn't even get her butt on the seat before she starts in.

Roman looks at the picture, "If that is John, this picture was taken quite a while ago." You can't put anything past Roman.

And finally, the subtlety of DOOL writers never cease to amaze me. Or maybe they just don't believe the viewers can think for themselves..."I have already lost Sami. Pretty ironic isn't it. I hated EJ and in the end it's my OWN hatred that took it all away." Uh, gee. THAT would have never occurred to any of us without the writers spelling it out, would it?

Another remarkable Prevuze!

6:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see this one. For as much as I'm NOT liking Belle right now - I have to give her credit... finally standing up to her nosy, b*tchy mother-in-law. I KNOW Belle messed up, and I'm NOT defending her - but who the h*ll does Hope think she is? Shawn IS an adult, (isn't he?)???? Hope must be stuck in Junior High Mentality! Let your GROWN UP kid handle this himself. She should have NEVER got involved. There's one thing for knowing and being protective of your kids - than it's another to actually cross the line and go after her (verbally). Oh well, maybe Belle just needs to 'punch her lights out'. So KUDOS to Belle for not being 'the doormat'. Now if she can just teach Shawn the same thing!!!!! LOL!!!!

I have to admit, lately, Phillip has really been stepping up to the plate as Salem's ONLY guy that -not only has a backbone - but has a pair of **** too! (Whether you like him or not - every other guy in Salem is so whipped it's not even funny!)

Lucas admits it???? I ain't buying it - I still think it's Will..... And Lucas is protecting him!

And Sami, you're a 'basket-case'. I don't even like her charactor anymore. You better schedule some professional time with your mother... Opps... that's right, she isn't taking any patients since she's up for attempted murder charges... Now that's a NORMAL family!!!!! LOL!

Thanks Prevuze again for an awesome job!

7:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know how you got even that much figured out, Deb, about the implications of Squints being Colleen's son. I tried yesterday to figure that one out and it was like asking Belle to add two plus two...it made my head hurt and I gave up! HAHAHAHA

I almost stood up in my cubicle and cheered when Belle finally reminded Hope of Patrick. But hey, you don't want to put up with the mother-in-law from hell then MOVE. Even if it's to Marlena's place for Pete's sake!

Loved the Chloe separated-at-birth picture, Mama's family and Roger Clemens. Terrific Prevuze!!

Now watch - an episode I can't wait to see and our station will pre-empt it to tell us there's a cloud in the sky or something.

7:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I almost spit my drink out at the computer screen over the picture of Mama. Great job today and the referee had me cracking up today.

Great job Prevuze!

8:16 AM  
Blogger cfish said...

I know I'm using TLT again, but something bothers me about this picture. If John had it, why wasn't he using it to pursue his past? And if he only received it shortly before his "death", why didn't he tell Marlena about it? Maybe it IS a picture of Colleen and her son (NOT John) and John was using it to try to find her or at least what happened to her and the boy -- but didn't want to tell Marlena because of Sami and the whole v-word thing.

8:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

CFISH - I was thinking the same thing. And it would also figure that IF JOHN is alive and is somewhere hunting down colleen (or her daughter), he would take the top half of the picture and wouldn't need the bottom.
We must have figured it out!!!!!! Ha Ha!

9:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I only get to read prevuze not watch so can anyone tell me what or whom Rolf is cooking with his easy bake oven in the laboobatory??

9:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

IF JOHN is alive and is somewhere hunting down colleen (or her daughter), he would take the top half of the picture and wouldn't need the bottom.

If the picture is of Colleen, why would John need the top portion of the photo? Colleen looks like Sami. It is just too convenient that Hope found the photo in John’s pocket.

Now watch - an episode I can't wait to see and our station will pre-empt it to tell us there's a cloud in the sky or something.

Bulldog – When I don’t get my afternoon dose of DOOL, there are two more chances on Soap Net. Is Soap Net not available in your area?

9:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Leslie - yes, I get SOAPnet. But Daze is shown pretty late so I'd be taping and seeing it the next day and how could I wait until then?? HAHAHHA

10:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mama family photo....genius prevuze genius.

10:32 AM  
Blogger Prevuze said...

Leslie - yes, I get SOAPnet. But Daze is shown pretty late so I'd be taping and seeing it the next day and how could I wait until then?? HAHAHHA

Wait to do what? Burn the tape?

10:51 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Prettybud said...
I only get to read prevuze not watch so can anyone tell me what or whom Rolf is cooking with his easy bake oven in the laboobatory??

We don't know for sure. Top theories are John Black and Andre. Cause nobody really dies in Salem. I threw the idea of Will out yesterday. Although some people like Will as the EJ shooter, I don't think anybody is biting on Will being the "Soldier"

10:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think the woman in the picture is Colleen, those look like Sami's legs. Pardon the creepiness.

Thelma being the mama works great too.

About the boy, I kinda agree with Deb. He might not be John, John has never said anything about it and really, how would Marlena know? Nobody knows who John really is. It could be a picture of John's twin (snicker) brother or some other kid.

Also, the woman plaguing Stefano. I think that's also Colleen, Stefano was always of the ridiculous impression that Colleen seduced his father and was a treacherous witch.

Wait? The person in the basement is the shooter? If Will were the Frankenstein that would so awesome, I wouldn't know how to contain myself.

11:57 AM  
Blogger Deb said...

Blowing yet another theory here.
Wil is not the shooter.

The night of the wedding Lucas put the gun in the waistband of his pants just before the babysitter showed up.

Then when he got back and she left, he took it out and put it into the wooden box. (And locked it, yet when EJ opened the box it was unlocked)

And again, sorry to burst anyone's bubble, SOD is reporting that contrary to popular opinion and hope, John will NOT be returning to DOOL.
That leaves us with Andre or Tek being the "soldier" in the basement.

And, with regard to Vivian not being on of Stefano's "greatest nemesis' " She WAS the sister of
Leopold Alamain who did have a long standing feud with the Dimera family. And it was Vivian who helped Kristen fake her pregnancy to get John to marry her. Then later Vivian helped Kristen try to kidnap baby EJ so she and John could raise him as their son.

Two other long shots for the "mystery woman" sending Stefano the letters:

Julie: She and Stefano had a torrid affair that ended badly.

(Now pray for this one) Calliope.
The Bradford family has a LONG standing feud with the Dimera's dating back to the 1800's. And Eugene did steal Marlena from Stefano for a while. . . .

But in the end, I still think it will turn out to be Vivian.

11:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Prevuze, do you need reminding again to post Prevuze II? Or did you not get the feed? Just wondering.

12:12 PM  
Blogger cfish said...

How about another long-shot -- Daphne. I mean, this IS Salem -- does anybody ever REALLY die? And Stefano DID say his nemesis "is still alive" -- which wouldn't make much sense, actually, in Vivian, Julie, or Calliope's case.

12:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I still think the experiment int he basement is John. It may not be Drake Hogestyn, but that doesnt' mean it's not John. The writers have the opportunity to do something really creative with this storyline. It could go in a million different directions.
Ten bucks says they screw it up and make it stupid.

Dazeisdum

12:16 PM  
Blogger cfish said...

Daysisdum --
I wouldn't take that bet on a bet!!!

12:19 PM  
Blogger Prevuze said...

Prevuze, do you need reminding again to post Prevuze II? Or did you not get the feed? Just wondering.

Once again, my apologies. It's up.

12:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So wait? I just re-read everything, did 'Honesty Above All Else! Shawn' just LIE to his wife?

1:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No need for apologies! Thanks for posting Prevuze and Prevuze II. I am addicted! You are the greatest!

1:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the Prevuze today, but what happened to Prevuze II?

2:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Prevuze - you are going to get me fired for laughing out loud - ***loved*** mama's family.

I think it would be more fun if "mama" was a Horton - then we could explain away Belle's dumbness.

But how can it be Colleen? Isn't John a whole bunch younger than Stefano? Oh wait. This is a soap. Timelines can be ignored.

2:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

correct me if i am wrong here but when they were doing salem stalker/ marlena goes loony again sl didnt all the magazines back up the unknown at the time lie that the actors had really been let go? isnt it possible that the mags dont even know? or are purposely misleading us? after all without some misinformation they would never be able to surprise anyone

4:22 PM  
Blogger Quiet one said...

Wow, I'm going have to watch this one! It sure is stirring up a lot of theories in the comments section and I'm actually getting interested! Please don't screw this one up DrOOL writers!


Love that Belle threw Lockhart in Hope's face. What is up Hope's a** anyway??!!!

Awesome Prevuisms today!

"Wait to do what? Burn the tape?" LOL

4:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Blogarama     Globe Of Blogs