Thursday, November 08, 2007

Guns And Roses

Bo walks into the cop shop as the SPD's new go-fer Shawn does his filing chores. "Hey," chuckles Bo, "Remember your alphabet?"

Shawn turns and wrinkles his brow, "Alphabet?"

Shawn hands him messages and asks where Roman is. Bo says Roman is taking some time off, "He needed a few days because he's going to sit at home and watch videos from Sami's other weddings instead of going to this one." Shawn thinks Sami marrying EJ is crazy. Bo says they can't convince her to change her mind. Bo has him sit and tell all about his first night at work.

Shawn runs through the evening's activities, "We had to deal with a DUI, a bunch of hookers, and some pillhead who tried to rob a pharmacy with a comb. It was like a Brady family reunion, but I say, bring it all on."

"Great," says Bo. He hands Shawn his coffee cup, "And while you're still a grub, fill it up. Two sugars." Shawn heads out for the coffee pot. Bo smirks and then fondles Roman's gun. He flashes back to taking it from Roman.

Belle sits in the pub with Claire-Bear. She gets a call from Shawn. He tells her he's not mad about the letter. He has to do this for her and every one else out there who's been a victim. Victim's rights groups everywhere shudder. Belle hands the phone to Claire to say hi as Phillip walks in. Belle goes silent as Claire runs over to Phillip. Phillip gives her a toy phone.

Meanwhile, Shawn talks to the silence, "Belle... are you there?"

Sami marches through the artillery and down the aisle. EJ intercepts her, asks if she is OK. Sami nods. The ceremony begins. Guns point.

Shawn calls Belle again and leaves a message. He brings the coffee back to Bo. Bo takes a sip, gags and asks, "What... are they rationing sugar? The coffee here, like the cops needs all the help it can get." Shawn apologizes for forgetting the sugar.

"That's OK," says Bo, "With your attention span, I'm lucky I got coffee." Shawn tells him about losing the connection with Belle. Bo asks if he has confronted Phillip about the letter. Shawn says he decided not to do it. "What changed your mind," asks Bo.

Phillip says, "Claire still calls me daddy." Belle says she was on the phone with Shawn and that's why she was saying "Daddy." Phillip has a box of toys he brought from the house. Belle says she has to study.

"In other words 'Phillip get lost,'" says Phillip, "Lets be clear, as she grows up, I won't take the hint. I'll tell her the truth."

The guns and roses wedding continues. Father Kelley asks Sami, "Do you take this man..."

Sami hesitates at the question. EJ prompts her, "Say 'I do' and the family will be safe."

"I do," says Sami. She puts his ring on his finger and repeats her vows.

"I now pronounce you man and wife," says Father Kelley. Stefano applauds. The priest continues, "You may kiss the bride."

EJ moves toward her. Sami has a conniption, "What do you think you are doing?"

EJ starts to explain, "It's custom..."

BANG! BANG! BANG!

EJ drops into a crumpled heap on the floor. Father Kelley runs to call 911. Elvis looks up at Sami, "I'm so sorry, I'm so sorry, I'm so sorry..."

Phillip says he came to apologize. "Don't," says Belle, "We were both in that bed."

"Not that," says Phillip, "It's Shawn. I've been pushing his buttons lately. I don't like doing that." Belle says she always wanted them to be friends, but thinks it's not possible now. Phillip scowls, "I don't wanna be your friend Belle. Claire runs over and plays with her toys.

Bo wonders what has changed that made Shawn decide not to confront Phillip about the letter. Shawn reminds Bo he is the one who told him to let it go in the first place. "I guess you did learn from my mistakes," says Bo.

"With you as a father," says Shawn, "That's pretty much all I could learn from."

An officer interrupts, "There has been a shooting at St. Luke's." Bo is on it. Shawn says he wants to go. "All right," says Bo, "But when we get there, keep your hands to yourself."

"What kind of a sicko would make a pass at his own father," asks Shawn. Batman and Robin head for the crime scene as we pan down to Shawn's lonely cell phone.

The EMT assures Stefano they are dong everything they can to save EJ. A cop interviews Fr. Kelley. "Yes," he says, "I heard three shots. I'm sure of it. One came from behind that curtain. Another came from the vestibule."

"And the third shot," asks the cop.

"From the grassy knoll."

Another cop wants Stefano to give a statement. Stefano rages, "A statement? Are you and idiot? My son has been shot!"

The cop decides this would be a good time to change careers, "Officer Brady will be here soon. Talk to him."

Stefano runs over to the drooling EJ and tells him to open his eyes. EJ opens them and says, "I can't feel my legs."

Stefano turns to the medics and rages, "Why can't he feel his legs?"

An EMT examines EJ, "In my medical opinion it's because he has no feeling in his legs."

Sami sits down in a pew and wipes some of the blood off her arms. Stefano sits beside her. Sami drones, "We're married. EJ and I are married."

"It would seem so," says Stefano.

Zombie Sami says, "So it's over."

"No," says Stefano, "Elvis is strong. He'll survive."

"I meant the vendetta is over," says Sami, "You promised."

"Did I?"

Belle tells Phillip he's making things harder. She doesn't want to cut Claire out of his life for Claire's sake, "I'll talk to Shawn."

"I know what Shawn will say," says Phillip as he leaves.

"SCREAM!"

Belle turns to see Claire lying on the floor next to the broken pot of boiling coffee. She runs over to her, "What happened?"

Lucas returns to his apartment. He gives the babysitter a wad and hustles her out the door. Once she is gone, Lucas turns and lets out a big sigh. He pumps his fist, "YES!" He walks over to the cabinet, opens it, takes a bottle out, unscrews the cap and sniffs. Then he puts it down.

Stefano says, "You vowed to be Elvis' wife till death do you part. He won't die here. I won't allow it."

"It's out of your hands," says Sami.

"It's in yours," says Stefano, "My son loves you. You can give him the will to live, for you and for his son. You promise me you will be that woman in every way. Keep that promise and I will keep mine."

They wheel EJ out. Stefano follows, "I will see you at the hospital Mrs. DiMera." Sami is numb.

Belle picks Claire up. Phillip runs back in. Belle tells him the coffee burned Claire. Phillip runs for ice.

Pounding on the door interrupts Lucas' trance. Billie rushes in and says she says she just heard there was a shooting at the church. Lucas tells her EJ was shot and they don't know if he will make it.

Billie asks, "How do you know that?"

"I was there," says Lucas, "I couldn't just stay here while my wife married another man – her rapist." He tells her about the intervention, "It failed, so I went to St. Luke's. It was too late. I heard three shots. I made sure Sami was OK and then I ran. If Bo and Roman found me there they'd arrest me."

We pan up from a pool of blood on the floor. Sami whines, "It wasn't supposed to happen like this."

Bo and Shawn rush in. Bo asks, "Is there anything I can do?"

"Can you make it be yesterday," asks Sami.

A cop tells Bo what happened. Bo orders them to canvass the area for leads, "You know the routine. Toss every trashcan in a ten-block radius in case the shooter ditched the gun. Also check for uneaten donuts.

The cop asks, "Any idea who did this."

"I don't know anyone who didn't want this SOB dead."

Bo offers to take Sami to her grandparents' home. Sami says she has to go to the hospital to be with her husband, "I'm his wife. I should be there." Bo tells her to sit tight. Shawn asks if she is up for this.

"This day was supposed to mean freedom," says Sami, "But the vendetta is starting all over again. It was a Brady who did this and the last shot hasn't been fired yet."

The intern says Claire's burns aren't bad. He gives Belle instructions and tells her Claire will be as good as new in no time. He decides to listen to her heart.

Belle and Phillip walk out. Belle doesn't know how it happened, "I'm a terrible mother."

"That's not good news," says Phillip, "Since you're probably pregnant with my kid." Belle goes to call Shawn.

Shawn's lonely phone vibrates. Belle leaves a message. Kate interrupts and says someone at Titan told her Phillip was at the hospital. She asks how things are going.

"Claire just gave us a scare," says Belle.

Kate says, "Claire? Uh... Oh... How is she? I thought it was... Where is Phillip? I need to talk to him."

Lucas drinks coffee. Billie asks if he needs a lawyer. "Not unless they find out I was there," says Lucas. He insists he didn't shoot EJ, but thinks he will be a suspect since he's threatened him more than once, "Plus EJ married my wife today."

"Last time I checked you don't own a gun," says Billie.

Lucas flashes back to inspecting the gun and lies, "Yeah, that's true."

Billie says the big three are motive, means and opportunity, "You had the motive and the opportunity, but not the means. I want you to tell Bo and Roman you were there. If they find out from someone else, it will make you look guilty. You have nothing to hide so don't act like it."

Lucas agrees to call Bo. Billie says she has to get back to the college. She leaves. Lucas walks over to the bureau. He pulls the drawer open, removes the box, unlocks it and takes the gun out.

Sami asks Shawn to call Lucas and tell him what happened. She thinks Lucas will worry if she calls him and want her to come back home. Shawn asks again, "Are you sure you're up for this?"

"I don't have a choice."

A detective comes up to Bo and shows him three spent bullet casings, "I found them in three different places – one over by that curtain, one in the vestibule..."

Bo interrupts, "And one on the grassy knoll. Three different locations, and three shooters. There goes the lone-gunman theory."

The cop asks, "Do you think it was a conspiracy."

"No," says Bo, "A conspiracy would have been to make sure the job got done. I think we have three amateurs."

"OMG," says the cop, "You think the DOOL writers were involved?"

The cop tells him Kate is a suspect. "She's at least a person of interest," says Bo, "Find her."

Shawn tells Bo Sami asked him to call Lucas. "We're looking for his mother," says Bo. They leave. Sami walks back out into the sanctuary. She hurls her bouquet into a pew and walks off.

Nervous Patch walks into the pub. He goes behind the bar and stashes his gun on a shelf below the liquor. Caroline comes in and asks what he is doing. "Just getting a beer," says Patch. Caroline says she heard there was a shooting at the church, but doesn't have any details. She hopes Sami wasn't hurt. "Someone shot EJ," says Patch.

"How did you know that," says Caroline. Patch swills his beer.

Kate stops Phillip. Phillip's busy, "If you have a crisis, take a number."

Kate definitely has a crisis. She shows him her gun, "I need you to hide this for me. I don't want any questions. I just need your help." Phillip grabs the gun and Kate runs out. Phillip hyperventilates.

Belle tells Claire she is brave and Daddy will be proud of her. Phillip comes in and offers to take them home, "But first, we're going to Macy's for ice cream. We'd better get there before they run out of your favorite flavor, Claire."

Lucas twirls his gun. Bo knocks. Lucas replaces the gun in the box and drawer and opens the door. Bo makes the announcement about the shooting. Lucas asks if Sami is OK. Yes," says Bo, "But it looks like EJ won't make it."

"Drat the bad luck," says Lucas.

Stefano and Sami tend to Elvis. He calls her name. She tells him she is there.

EJ struggles to talk, "You told me our son mattered more than life. You were right. I want you to love him as I would have."

Stefano says that is no way to talk, "You will live to see him grow up and grow strong. Unfortunately none of us will live long enough to see his sister get a name. I will not lose either you or your son."

A surgeon comes in and says the OR is ready, as they wheel EJ out. Sami asks what his chances are. "He's lost a lot of blood and there is a spinal cord injury," says the doctor, "We'll do everything possible." He leaves.

Stefano vows, "If Elvis dies this vendetta will continue for all the Days Of Our Lives."

"That is not what you promised," says Sami.

As he storms out, Stefano says, "That is what I am promising now."

Sami frets.


Previews
========

You can watch the previews later today on our PREVUZE II website.

31 Comments:

Blogger Deb said...

Yeah we all called it.
WHO SHOT EJR!!!!!

Anyone?

~~*~~crickets~~*~~

And of course Stefano is going back on his word;
THE VENDETTA CONTINUTES!

*~~*crickets*~~*

Um, okay how about this bombshell:
SAMI IS IN LOVE WITH EJR!!

*~*crickets*~*

Yeah, that's what I thought.
Spoilers say EJR will live, but he will be paralyzed.
Woudn't this be a great time to have Dr. Drake Ramoray come back and perform a miracle surgery that restores EJR's ability to walk??

I have e-mailed my petition to TPTB twice now, guess it's time to kick it up a notch and send a copy via snail mail.

4:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We don't like it any better than you do.

The Crickets

5:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Prevuze,

I love this site, but I wish you hadn't compared EJ to JFK.

5:38 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Gasp! Clair and Belle together!! Only to have hot coffee spilled on her. At least nothing happens to Claire when she's in the Kate Zone.

Phillip was in the office this week and Kate mentions Titan. Boy, a tip of the hat to working. Wish they would bring back some corporate competition and sabotage storylines.

It gets depressing knowing exactly what's going to happen before it happens and not even have to read it at a spoiler site.

OK, so who did the deed?

The candidates:

OMB
Lucas
TWIB and/or Colleen
Kate
Roman
Tony
Marlena

Did I leave anyone out?
Kristen or Susan really trying to shoot Sami?
C

6:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I still say that Will did the shooting. Lucas thinks he will have nothing to worry about because he believes his gun to be clean since it was locked up behind the dresser. But I'll bet that his gun is a match to the bullet that hit EJ. Ane he'll be so shocked.
Even better, let's have Kate take the blame in an effort to try to save her son from going to death row in order to regain a place in his life. Nah - she's too selfish for that.

7:35 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Will! I forgot about Will. He would have every reason to want to see EJ and Stefano dead.

7:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I read a spoiler that said the shooter is a woman from EJ's past, but who knows if that is right, and if so who would it be?

I am tried of the "who shot EJ" already.

7:52 AM  
Blogger cfish said...

I, too, read the spoiler that the shooter is a woman from EJ's past. Hmmm, taking that into account, Brendamouse, I think you may have something -- I'll bet the shooter is Susan and she WAS trying to shoot Sami. Would make a more interesting story than what I'm sure we'll be subjected to.

Also, I heard that while EJ IS paralyzed after the shooting, he regains the use of his legs but keeps it a secret so Sami will continue to fuss over him and encourage him to get well. He figures that way she'll fall in love with him and he can have her for all the DAYS OF THEIR LIVES.

8:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know I'm trying to make some sense out of something that is usually sense-less, but I was catching up on a few episodes last night and something bothered me - when EJ went to Sami and Lucas and then pouted when they made fun of his honeymoon ideas, he demanded to see HIS son. As far as we know, Sami never got the results of the new paternity test, did she? And if she didn't get the results, why didn't she challenge EJ on it?

9:20 AM  
Blogger cfish said...

Anonymous --
Sami received a note while she and Lucas were in Santo Domingo informing her of the DNA results.

9:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sami got a telegram from EJ in Santo Domingo that he is the father. Other than EJ, did anyone else actually see the results?

Ok..so I think brendamouse maybe right if it is a woman from EJ's past that Susan shot him by mistake trying to kill Sami.

I love Prevuze. They keep me entertained every morning with my cup of coffee.

9:34 AM  
Blogger cfish said...

A thought just struck me (and boy, did it hurt!!!) --
Since DOOL is stealing the "Who Shot JR?" story idea, does anybody think that Sami is going to wake up one of these days and find that this was all a dream? Just like Pam on "Dallas" waking up and finding that the previous season (where Bobby was killed) was a dream?

9:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The cop asks, "Do you think it was a conspiracy."

"No," says Bo, "A conspiracy would have been to make sure the job got done. I think we have three amateurs."

"OMG," says the cop, "You think the DOOL writers were involved?"


Prevuze, you have certainly hit the nail squarely on the head.

I wonder how long it will take the SPD to figure which of the shooters had the best aim. Hopefully, who shot EJR will make more sense than who ran over John.

9:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe with the strike, scabs will come in and make the last few years a bad dream:) They may be able to put dool back on track

DoolFan65

10:02 AM  
Blogger Moon Dancing Nana said...

Stupid story writers. Sami and EJ in love? Cannot stand this. Visions from a sinning Nun in Church is a little much, too. Belle needs to get a grip, oops, that requires a conscious. Lucas had better keep his mumsy outa his life.

10:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

As to my knowledge Kate is the only one who saw the DNA results, she is the one who told EJ he was the boys father, Right? or did I miss an episode?
Has Sami seen the actually results herself?

I am obviously confused.

11:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

once upon a time, didn't sami pretend to be paralysed from the waist down to keep austin? really, i know you say it all the time, but the writers could at least TRY to come up with something vaguely original....

11:55 AM  
Blogger cfish said...

Anonymous --
Not only that, but didn't Andre pretend to be paralyzed after his first fall from a building so he could escape from the hospital?

11:58 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I agree that I think the writers should make this a "dream", that way Sami would be REALLY aware that Stefano will NOT keep his word.
How about TWIB being a long lost lover in EJ's past, maybe the mother of twin boys {Art. and De- Nicks kids} making them DiMeras with out Ej actually knowing about them?
Makes about the same amount of sense that TPTB are writing!

Lets hope it is a dream! ALL OF IT!

12:20 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Anyone have the email address for TPTB?? I'd like to add my 2 cents worth!
How about if they find out that Claire is really Phillips child all along? That would make things interesting for Belle, Phillip and Shawn? After all, the DNA test at the hospital are KNOWN for their incompitence {sp}! What would Belle do then? I like her with Phillip! They have better chemistry then this Shawn and Belle.

12:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I read that the actor who plays Will is out.

Why did the priest say "man and wife"? I still remember Julia on "Santa Barbara" at her wedding to Mason saying something like, he was a man before he came in here [church] and that it should be husband and wife.

If EJ is paralyzed, it won't be permanent. I wonder if Sami has her old wheelchair around for EJ to use.

I like EJ and Sami together.

It's time to name your daughter Sami!!!!

12:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I lost count how many times I rolled my eyes during this reading. I stoped at 25.

Since EJ doesn't have the following of JR or the history, I think this shooting will not raise the ratings. Sorry.

And can I just ask: Where's Marlena? Also, Bo and Hope needs a storyline.

And I liked Belle sleeping with Phillip. But I don't like them trying to put meaning into. The only meaning I took from it was she doesn't want Shawn. Other than that, I don't want Phelle.

12:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Prevuze - you made me laugh today.I wanted to thank you for that!
Great stuff!

Mr.Go

1:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How about if they find out that Claire is really Phillips child all along? That would make things interesting for Belle, Phillip and Shawn?

At least it would be interesting for SOMEONE! UGH, no more switcheroos please.

Also, no one thinks it's weird KATE is the one with the results?????? HEEELLLOOOOO

2:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I read where Will "gets in trouble with the law" and then goes to stay with Carrie. Which makes me think he might have been one of the shooters but missed. Because if his bullet had hit EJ I wouldn't think he'd be free to leave the country.

Too bad Belle doesn't have a Colleen ghost to haunt-counsel her on her Jr/Phil dilemma like Sami does.

LOL over the grassy knoll and the pictures. Prevuze was the only bright spot of the day! Thanks!

6:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, I already assumed it was Will who shot EJ. I would like it were him, finally something else for the kid to do. Other than making crafts at camp or ogling European girls.

7:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oops, Me made some bizarre grammar errors. ;_;

"I would like it if it were him..."

7:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope it is a bad dream. This whole storyline makes me want to puke. I would never be with a man like EJ or Philip. They are pushy as hell. I would hope Sami would have more guts than she's had lately. Let's all hope it's a dream. Although all this BS would have to start over again.

9:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

EJR I love that name. I was watching Dallas when they shot JR. It was his ex-wife. I think it was a woman who shot him because they said three shots went off and Kate is the number one suspect.

9:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

love the title - fitting plus one of my all time fav bands. The writers being involved was on spot.

Was Marlena the woman in black messing with her black gloves? Or maybe it was lucas in drag getting ready for his next storyline.

Sami DiMera. Wow - I seriously love the sound of that and have wanted it since back when she was briefly seeing Tony (Andre). But with EJ going by Wells it did surprise me.

TY for the prevuze and the much needed laughs!

3:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It would have been good to make Will the shooter.

BTW, Will got his braces off. Why didn't they write something about that into the show? Getting your braces off is a BIG DEAL!!!

Maybe now that Sami is married, Colleen can go offer counsel to Belle.

5:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Blogarama     Globe Of Blogs