Saturday, November 10, 2007

Feelings, Stan and Prevuze

We've done hundreds of pictures in Prevuze, maybe thousands. Who knows, we don't keep count. So about a month ago I got an email from someone who told me he and another guy were writing a book on blogs. He said they wanted to use one of the Prevuze pictures in it. He provided a link to the picture and I followed the link to check it out.

I was curious to know, of all those thousands of Prevuze pictures, which one would attract some author to the point he wanted to include it in a book. I imagined funny ones, poignant ones, maybe even a few serious ones. But I didn't imagine anything like the one I found.

Out of all the pictures ever published in Prevuze, here is the one that somehow, for some reason, was determined to be book-worthy:

Wow. That sure took me by surprise. To refresh your memory, this was from a scene back when Sami had been wandering around as Stan and Will brought the "Stan Of Salem" Halloween costume home and showed it to his parents and announced he was being ridiculed at school for having such a wacko mother. Why this one single picture appealed to the authors I have no idea.

But... there's more. Isn't there always?

I heard from the authors again. They sent me more information on their project. The book isn't scheduled to come out for a while, but in the interim, they have a website which will compliment it and will assist in gathering information for the book.

So I visited the website. I'm not sure I get it. Apparently these guys have a webcrawler out there searching high and low on the Internet for statements about feelings. When they find one they collect it and, in addition to making it available for your perusal, they also categorize it, figure out demographics about it and save that information in a database. And this will all somehow become a book. And that book needs a picture of the
"Stan Of Salem" Halloween costume.

Beyond that, hey, you tell me what it's all about.

Note: Before going to the websites listed below, you should know we received an email from a reader saying some of the pictures there are very explicit. Use discretion before proceeding, and definitely consider these links to be NSFW (Not Safe For Work). We apologize if we have caused any embarrassment.

Here's the website: http://www.wefeelfine.org/wefeelfine_pc.html

On this screen, you click on a dot and get a feeling, or you click on a square and get a picture with a feeling.

On the home page, http://www.wefeelfine.org you can dig down into some of their statistics and other features.

One of the main things I learned from this website is the people writing about their feelings are grammar challenged... really grammar challenged.

I guess the sum total of the website is you can use it to figure out how everyone on the Internet is feeling.

If that webcrawler of theirs is around, crawl this: I feel confused.

I also feel happy it's the weekend and hope you have a good one.

7 Comments:

Blogger Deb said...

Prevuze, sweetie......that's grammatically challenged.

Not grammar challenged

But I *heart* you anyway!!!

Check out DAZE today!
I am having fun with this who shot EJR thing!!!

These Are The Daze Of Our Lives

5:45 AM  
Blogger Prevuze said...

Prevuze, sweetie......that's grammatically challenged.

In the vernacular, the use of a noun before the word "challenged" is acceptable. For example,

Lucas - height challenged,

Shawn - intelligence challenged,

Besides, Prevuze is the artiste here. You must allow poetic license.

6:34 AM  
Blogger Deb said...

Well, that's in interesting site.
You may want to put a NSFW warning on the link however.

There are some shots on the gallery page that are not exactly suitable for those under 18.

8:33 AM  
Blogger Prevuze said...

There are some shots on the gallery page that are not exactly suitable for those under 18.

Sorry...

10:06 AM  
Blogger Deb said...

Hey No prob! I'm Wayyyyyyyyy over 18 :-)

2:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't get it. (The WEB site.) Talk about wierd.

So I suppose anything from DOOL would fit right in! HAHAAHAHA

Thanks, Prevuze, for one of the most different(?), differentest(?) well, odd Saturday editions yet. :}

6:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That web site is (as my children say) WHACKED! What's the point? Even their mission is vague. Oh well, I'v never been artsy fartsy and there's no accounting for taste I guess!

I went through as many pictures as I could stand but didn't see y'alls pic. I would have kept going but I saw about as many pechos as I really needed to see in my lifetime. They need more penes...just sayin

6:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Blogarama     Globe Of Blogs