Tuesday, October 16, 2007

I'll See You In Forever

Morgan thanks Stephanie for the ride home. She says she is sorry about Stephanie's friend, "From what Max said, he was a really special guy." Stephanie agrees. She thinks she outght to check in with her mom at the hospital to see how things are going. As Stephanie gets up, Morgan says thinks it's quite a coincidence Stephanie showed up at the Brady pub just as she and Max were leaving.

Artemis and DeMarquette roughhouse as Nick comes back with groceries. He tires to settle them down and have them hit the books. Jeremy mocks, "Someone sure woke up on the wrong side of the textbook." Nick says he heard them clear down the hall, "Noise brings complaints, complaints bring cops, cops bring donuts, and donuts make you fat." There is a knock at the door.

Jeremy says, "Damn, someone did call the cops."

Nick says, "Make some coffee to go with the donuts."

Nick answers the door and Maggie walks in, "Hello Jeremy."

Stefano reminds EJ Lucas has to sign the annulment papers, too. EJ asks if he had something to do with John's accident. Stefano just says he's sorry it happened.

The crowd assembles in John's room. John looks around, "I guess you guys got nuttin' better to do." He asks about Claire. Belle says Shawn took her home because she was getting fussy. They see his heart rate slowing.

Kayla tells Belle there is nothing they can do, "We just have to make him comfortable."

Stephanie asks if this is a joke. Morgan says she saw her at the racetrack. Stephanie claims she goes there a lot. "Just so you'll know," says Morgan, "an IFT does not take another girl's guy."

Stephanie asks, "Does that mean you're giving Max back?"

Jerko tells Maggie he knows the Horton creed, "Do the right thing. Great Gran's been preaching it forever." Maggie asks what Jeremy needs. "Walk out and forget you saw me," says Jeremy. Maggie can't do that. Jeremy says he isn't turning himself in.

Stefano is happy Sami is ready to meet their terms but thinks an honorable adversary is losing his life. He wonders why EJ believes he arranged John's accident.

"I don't think you did it," says EJ, "I know you did."

Bo says he has to ask Marlena about the accident while things are fresh in her mind. "My mind isn't working so well right now," says Marlena, "It happened so fast, I couldn't even tell you what color the car was." I guess she didn't have to watch all the slow motion replays like we did.

John looks over at them, "Hey, Bo, what're you doing? Putting in time with my wife?"

"Just taking food orders," says Bo, "What will you have." John orders chowdah and a cold one. Bo sits beside John. He tells him we don't have much choice when it comes to selecting our parents, but things are more flexible when we choose who we want to be family.

"I don't have much time," says John, "Is this going somewhere?"

Bo says if someone declares war on one of them, it's war on all of them, "John, you're family. You're as much a Brady as I am."

"By God, Bo, you go out and win this damn war," says John.

"It would be easier with you beside me," says Bo, "I need my brothers. Don't go anywhere."

John fades away. Kayla inspects, "He's lost consciousness."

Belle whimpers, "Mom!"

"His body needs to rest that's all," says Marlena. Bo can't take it. He has to leave. He asks Hope to stay behind because her family needs her.

Out in the hallway, Bo seethes – Heavy breathing and teeth flashing. He remembers John volunteering to help track down EJ. He turns around and sees a nurse's cart. Above it is a flashing neon sign, "STEAL UNATTENDED DRUGS HERE!" He swipes a bottle and a syringe.

Jeremy says he won't change his mind. He tells Maggie the world isn't as nice as she is. No one is lining up to help an ex-con. She offers him a job at Chez Rouge. Jeremy thinks he would make a lousy waiter. Maggie begs him to reconsider.

"What about calling the cops," asks Jeremy.

"I'm gonna give you one more chance," says Maggie, "I hope you do the right thing." She leaves.

Morgan knows Stephanie and Max have been hanging out. Stephanie says they are just friends. She comes clean about following them on their date. She says she just wanted to make sure no one got hurt, "But I guess the date for charity is over."

"It's only getting started if I have anything to say about it," says Morgan.

Billie walks in with Jett tagging along. Billie says she needs to get the word out. There has been an incident on campus. One of the students was nearly raped.

Patch wants a little talk with John. He scoots up and tells John lying around won't cut it. He thinks a DiMera is behind it. Hope interrupts, "This isn't the time for that."

Kate shows up. They all wonder why she is there. "To see a dear friend," says Kate. She reminds John he was disappointed in her when they last saw each other. She doesn't want to spend the rest of her life wondering if she let him down.

John struggles, "Never."

Marlena steps in, "Well, it took Kate to wake you up."

"But it will take you to keep me awake."

Belle misinterprets, "Oh, good he's getting stronger." John huffs and puffs.

Stefano asks EJ to check up on John. He says EJ and Sami getting together makes whatever days Stefano has left happy ones. EJ leaves, and Stefano picks up a book. Bo comes in, "I see you're reading Death in Venice – how appropriate."

"I'm sorry about John," says Stefano.

"I'm sure you're all busted up," says Bo. He moves the call button over where Stefano can't reach it, "Who ran John down?"

"Get out."

"What," asks Bo, "When things are about to get interesting?" He unwraps one of the syringes.

Belle talks about the tuxedos she has picked for the wedding. John heaves. Marlena tells him to rest. Kate leaves. Lucas offers to get tea. Sami wants to go get it for herself. She leaves. Outside, Kate asks if she is still marrying EJ.

"It's more like surviving EJ," says Sami, "You should be smiling. You're getting what you want."

"The last thing in the world I want is for you to marry EJ," says Kate.

Stefano asks Bo if he is going to kill a defenseless old man. "I notice you said 'defenseless,' not 'innocent,'" says Bo. Stefano rolls up his sleeve to make Bo's job easier. Bo asks, "Who did you order to kill John?"

Roman comes in just as Bo is ready to jab, "You'd better put that away before someone gets hurt."

Nick comes back out and sees that Maggie has left. Jeremy packs and says she's probably somewhere planning an intervention. He asks who else Nick told he was there. "Nobody," says Nick. He asks Jeremy to talk to the cops. Jeremy don' wanna. Nick asks what Jeremy will do and says he just wants to help. Jeremy appreciates it. He asks for a few bucks. Nick gives him a wad and tells him to use the fire stairs when he leaves.

Artemis and DeMarquette come out and ask where he is going.

Billie says someone slipped something into a female student's drink. Jett warns them to walk in pairs as he and Billie leave. The girls all hope they catch the guy. Morgan asks Stephanie, "So how are we when it comes to Max?"

"Whatever you do is your business," says Stephanie.

Morgan smiles, "Thanks for bringing him into my life."

John huffs. He has some things to say. Hope says he will always be a part of who they are. Belle reminds him he promised Claire a trip to the park. John says he isn't going anywhere. Kayla comforts him.

Steve asks Marlena how she is holding up. Marlena cries, "He's dying."

"Tell me what to do," says Patch.

"There is nothing you can do," says Marlena, "John is never going to leave his family. He knows it's close. No matter how much pain he's in he will keep fighting." Patch suggests she take a walk. Marlena says she can't leave him like this, "There is one more thing I need to do for him." Hugs.

Roman asks, "When did you get so handy with a needle?"

"I'm just having a chat with my favorite sociopath," says Bo. He gives Stefano one more chance to talk, "Who ran down John?"

"I hear your daughter Chelsea is hell on wheels," says Stefano. That does it... JAB!

Roman rushes over and pulls Bo back. EJ runs in. Stefano pulls the needle out.

"It was only saline," says Bo. EJ orders him out.

Bo rants, "If I don't get some answers, next time you won't be so lucky."

Kate says Lucas will never let Sami go. Lucas interrupts. He says he thought he told Kate to leave Sami alone. Kate leaves. She wishes Sami luck.

"With what," asks Lucas.

"Marrying EJ."

Mark the cop brings Bo pieces of a headlamp in a baggie. Bo thinks this could be the break they need. He orders a magnifying glass.

Jeremy tells the kids he has to leave, "It's complicated." He doesn't know when he will be back, "But you know the rule – smile, chicks love it." He tells them to listen to Nick, "And what do we say?"

The kids scream, "GO BEARS," and follow it up with chest butts.

"I'm gonna miss you little rug rats," says Jeremy, "Don't do anything I wouldn't do, and don't do most of the stuff I would." Nick sends them to bed. Jeremy says he can't stay. He advises Nick not to give up on Chelsea. Nick says he will miss having him around.

"Nick the Geek," says Jeremy, "You're all right man." Fist butt. Jeremy leaves. Nick stares.

Morgan tells Stephanie Danny would walk her to her car if she wants. Stephanie declines. Morgan says there is room at the house if she and Chelsea want to move in.

Bo shows Hope the headlamp. He inspects it and vows he will keep his promise to John.

Marlena doesn't want anyone to leave, "He's in terrible pain. It's time." She goes over to John, "Hey handsome. It's time for us to talk."

Morgan tells Stephanie to be careful. Stephanie says she can't wait to tell Chelsea about being able to move into the IFT house. She walks out and heads for her car. Suddenly, she hears rustling, "Who here?" No answer. She walks away. Jeremy steps out of the bushes, stares, turns around and walks the other way.

EJ tells Stefano John may live for a few hours or only minutes. Stefano says he may go to Italy. EJ can't imagine he won't be at the wedding. He suggests they can get married sooner than expected. Stefano and EJ share high fives.

John huffs. He looks at Marlena, "Still the best view in town."

She needs him to do her a big favor, "I need you to close your eyes and rest."

"I can rest later."

"You're afraid you will miss something."

"I will miss you."

"No," says Marlena, "You will never leave me. And I will never leave you."

Patch and Kayla, Sami and Lucas, Belle and Hope all break down. Marlena tells him not to worry about her, "The family will be OK."

"I love you," says John.

"I love you," says Marlena. She kisses him, "You are the great love of my life. Now, please rest for me. OK? When it's time for me to see you again, there you'll be. You'll have your arms open and waiting. I'll be there. You'll be taking care of me again. Sleep. I'll see you in forever."

Beeeeeeeeeeepppppp~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~––––––––––––

Belle screams, "DADDY!" Marlena snuggles in close.

Sami and Lucas leave the room. Sami begs him, "Lucas! You sign it! Sign the papers, please!" Lucas cries and signs. Hugs.

Sami holds on tight and sobs, "I'm sorry. I'm so sorry."


Previews
========

We rushed PREVUZE II out this morning. Take your hankies, because we included John and Marlena's sad goodbye.


You can watch the previews later today on our PREVUZE II website.

24 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks guys for doing the video clip. I'm in tears. (Sorry, I can't muster up any comments on Prevuze itself this morning.) I must say that I feel it's a complete insult to Drake and Deidre and the characters they have played for twenty years that the show ends with the camera on Sami and the talk of that silly vendetta. Not even one final camera view of John Black or of John and Marlena. Sigh.

4:39 AM  
Blogger Deb said...

Oh puleeeze don't tell me we are going to go through another "ghost John" plotline.

As sorry as I am that 'ol Squint is gone, I have to admit he and Marlena just weren't doin it for me any more.
They had turned into charactures of themselves, almost parodys!

Sigh.

5:03 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Nobody dies in Salem.

There's no crying in the cube farm.

Who set up the funeral? The ISA? OMB? Stefano?

Hate what they have done to Marlena and John. Love Sami, but am tired of the same old conversations and non action. Just do it.

5:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok, it’s time for everyone to pick up the phone and purchase stock in Kleenex. The entire cast could be crying because they’re not sure if their contracts will be renewed. When I first started watching DOOL, Marlena was involved with the Wayne Northup Roman. I thought they were the best. With John gone, will Stefano try to hook up with Marlena? It is so far fetched that anyone could think that either Stefano or EJ had something to do with John’s accident. How could either one of them possibly know that Belle would lock her keys in her car and that John and Marlena would come to the rescue? John’s accident is the dumbest reason for Sami and Lucas to be signing the annulment papers. What’s with Kate showing up at the death bed and why is she against Sami marrying EJ? Isn’t this the best way to separate Sami and Lucas? Are we dealing with DOOL logic?

Jeremy is on the way out and Jett is back in. Since Jett is only capable of 1 ½ expressions, I think Jeremy would have been the better character to keep around.

5:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think if and when John comes back from the dead, they should have Wayne Northrup playing his character, just to confuse everyone.

6:52 AM  
Blogger cfish said...

And then Drake Hogestyn can come back as Chris Kositchek ...

7:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know what else... where was Abe? Abe and John (and Marlena) have been friends for years. Couldn't he have been there?

7:28 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I may be wrong, but I thought I heard that the actor that plays Abe has been having some health issues. I have nothing to back that up with so who knows for sure.

That said, where are Jugs and Doolie? If they would be involved with the letter reading and junk, wouldn't they be a little bit concerned about all the people going through the hospital's revolving door?

7:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the Prevuze - a light touch and some laughter are much needed this week. Love the caps and the Highlights cover - can I please have "Gallant"? There's so not even the need to think when it comes to which of those two to pick ;)

TY!

7:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's really hard to take any death on DOOL seriously. Even if Squints dies, if Drake wants to return he can always come back as Squints' until now unknown twin (evil or good) or identical cousin. HA

Wonder who the campus rapist will turn out to be?

LOL over Belle dumping Claire to go shopping and the description of Bo "all seething and teeth flashing". That guy is gonna get TMJ someday!

Great Prevuze and previews today!

7:50 AM  
Blogger Applecheeks said...

Snarly....unleashed...be afraid, be very afraid Dimeras! HAHAHA

LOL at the picture of Belle handing Claire off to John to watch. It isn't far from the truth.

Also liked the bickering OMB and Stephano.

Despite all the teasing and fun I've made of Squawk (Squints & Doc), I do like John & Marlena. Maybe giving Drake some time off the show will get the writers to actually give the character something interesting to do. (That may be too much to ask on this show.)

I teared up a little, just reading Marlena's final goodbye to John. I'm such a sap I'm sure I'll cry through the whole scene - even knowing he'll probably show up again some day.

Heck, if Patch can come back after 15 years, there is hope for about anyone.

9:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Though I think Drake is really fired, it does give me hope that Days has brought back someone whose organs were donated.

Applecheeks, I would change your sentence to say that maybe giving the writers some time off would give the characters something interesting to do.

9:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

As goodbyes go, that was pretty good. But the award still goes to kayla and Patch when Patch....uh...."died". I'll miss 00-0 superspy Squints Black!! And I do think that Marlena only belongs with John, so they'd better not pair her up with someone else.
Though they could make this all a dream sequence and have not only John not dead but the Dimeras and Brady's have love for one another.

9:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Though they could make this all a dream sequence and have not only John not dead but the Dimeras and Brady's have love for one another.

A dream? Dream sequences never work.

-- Bobby Ewing

10:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Though they could make this all a dream sequence and have not only John not dead but the Dimeras and Brady's have love for one another.

Dream sequences are lame.

-- Bob Newhart

10:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well I for one think somebody ought to call Brady and tell him his dad just pasted away Love the highlights page. Best ever

11:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not pasted --passed . sorry typo

11:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dream sequences are lame.

-- Bob Newhart


Mr. Newhart:

I thought that the scene with you in bed with Suzanne Pleshette was really funny. If you would be so kind, please take a few minutes to send the names of the writers for that show to DOOL. They could use some decent material.

11:17 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

oh my gowd I cried a little only reading that goodbye.......I'm gonna miss John Black!!!

11:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Dream sequences are lame.

-- Bob Newhart"


Perfect for DOOL

12:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"I love you," says Marlena. She kisses him, "You are one of the many great loves of my life. Now, please rest for me. OK? When it's time for me to see you again, there you'll be. You, or someone else...who knows, I'm open to suggestion."

"I'll see you in Forever"
Great line, better than I'd give DOOL's writers credit for. It's right up there with "you had me at hello" or "here's lookin' at you, kid". I'm impressed.

Dazed

12:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Prevuze, I have been having some emotional issues with Days recently (squint fan) so I can't tell you how much I appreciate you guys writing these with you humor and putting up Prevuze II earlier than usual! Thanks for the laugh!

I read on a Lumi message board that they were fussing because it seemed like you were pro-ejami because of your Goofus and Gallant strip! Too funny for me!
Don't they know you are an equal opportunity basher! I wouldn't want it any other way! You call em like you see em, and that is Lucas for ya!
Thanks for brightening my day!
Mr. Ed!

1:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hate to see Squints go. I still don't believe it.

However, all I can think of is the song from "Oklahoma" To paraphrase:

"Poor John is dead,
Poor John Black is dead.
He's looking oh so peaceful
and serene......."

Foo

2:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

After seeing today's episode at lunch I had a comment about Belle bawling that Claire wouldn’t remember John?

Well, they make such a big thing out of Claire thinking Phillip is her dad because she lived with him for her first year of life, why wouldn’t she remember John after being around him for 3 years?

If she isn’t going to remember John she sure as heck doesn’t really remember Phil, especially since he looked completely different than now.

That rant aside - you are right Carol! What about poor Brady?

3:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Blogarama     Globe Of Blogs