Friday, November 03, 2006

Movin' On Up

Bonnie comes to Patrick's to see Mimi. She asks what all the stuff is and Mimi tells her it's Max' ledgers. Mimi asks about Bonnie's new dress. Bonnie gets defensive without prompting and says she has enough money to spring for a new dress at a factory outlet, just not pay for repairs on Mimi's car. Bonnie twirls and shows it off. Basically it looks like someone sprayed a white cloth with the green bile from The Exorcist in random patterns. “Do you like it,” chirps the schoolgirl.

Mimi remembers her pact with Caroline and says, “No, Mom, the dress is awful. The print is horrendous, the cut is awful and the green makes your skin look, uh, well – green.”

“Please don't hold back. Tell me how you really feel,” says Bonnie. She pouts and says, “Oh, you're right. It's just been so long since I had a new dress...”

Mimi says she just can't understand where Bonnie's money is going. “I'm just having a cash flow problem,” says Bonnie.

Cash flow,” says the accountant, “That should sound familiar...” Mimi wonders why she and Bonnie are working their tails off and have nothing and Patrick does nothing and he's loaded.

And he has money, too,” says Bonnie, “And what do you mean Patrick has money? Since when?”

Shawn says, “Not bad for an hour's work, huh,” as he flashes his wad-o-cash. Willow wonders where he got that and he tells her about his job with EJ. Willow wonders what he delivered and Shawn tells her he doesn't know, “For five hundred bucks a pop, I can afford not to know exactly. My dad said I couldn't trust him. But, come on, this guy EJ is some kind of a celebrity. It's not like he's a criminal.”

“Some pretty well-known people are criminals,” says Willow, “Take Congress, for example... Anyway, baby, you are in the money and you can take care of your little girl just the way you like.”

He says he can also prove he is worthy of being Claire's father. The first thing he is going to do is get a place big enough for a nursery, for Belle to stay in if she ever visits. Willow asks if there will be room in the apartment for her.

Machines beep. Billie radios in to Patch. He wobbles over and says he wasn't sure she would come back. She says she will be there until he gets better. He's supposed to get out of there, “as soon as the doctors make sure I'm not a walking chemical spill.” Billie can't wait to touch him. She senses something is wrong, though. It wouldn't be DOOL if something weren't wrong.

Hope remembers the great times she and Bo had with Steve and Kayla. Bo takes the opportunity to grovel, “It's not too late for us go get back together.”

Unfortunately for Bo, none other than Patrick himself walks in. Hope says she has to talk to him. “Fine! Whatever...,” snarls Bo. Hope will be back in a jif.

She goes over to Patrick who tells her he's been looking everywhere for her. She hasn't returned his calls. She says she meant to, but hasn't had the opportunity what with everything going on with Steve and Kayla. He offers to take her to the hospital so they can have some time to talk. Hope hesitates but agrees. She tells him she wants to go tell Bo what they are doing but she turns to see that Bo is nowhere to be found. Elvis has left the building.

Bonnie wonders how Mimi knows Patrick has money. Mimi opens the desk and shows her. Bonnie sees the loot and nearly goes into cardiac arrest. Mimi wonders where he got it. “Who cares,” gasps Bonnie, “Why are you so worried.”

“I'm worried because Bo is watching his every move,” says Mimi, ”What if he's in some kind of trouble?”

Bonnie asks why Mimi doesn't just ask him where he got it. Mimi says she did and he gave her some lame excuse about investments paying off. Mimi suggests Bonnie should talk to him because Patrick knows Bonnie has no scruples and he wouldn't have to hide anything.

Bonnie says, "That's a hell of a thing to say, even if it is true. I'm not gonna question my son like he's some kind of a criminal."

Mimi says, "You just don't want to confront him because you're afraid to know the truth."

Patch says he is worried about Stephanie, “She's tough on the outside, for your average basket case, but on the inside she's just a scared little girl looking for her daddy to make it all better. And I haven't been able to do a damn thing for her or her mother.”

Billie points out he's been a little under the weather himself. She asks what he can do from inside a quarantine unit. He doesn't know, “Maybe nuthin'. He suggests Billie go home and get some rest. He's tired himself. They do the touch hands through the glass maneuver. Billie leaves. On the way out she tells the bionic nurse she will be back.

Patch holds Kayla's hand. Pan to the machines of life.

Shawn says he hadn't thought about he and Willow moving in together. Willow says with what she makes at the restaurant she can't afford a place of her own and she just thought it would be nice for them to get out of there and move into a place that actually allows men.

Shawn says, “I'm really grateful to you and I want to repay the favor but...”

“You can't be living with an ex-hooker. Let's just forget I mentioned it.” She runs off and pouts.

Shawn says it's just that they haven't talked about having a future together. “Did you just say a future together,” asks Willow, “I didn't ask you to marry me. I just thought it would be nice to have a place to call home. I just want a place to hang pictures and have family and friends over. I've never had anything like that.” She says she didn't mean to manipulate him with her sob story and suggests they just forget about it. Shawn is duly manipulated. He says they will look for a place together. Willow is just giddy. She tackles him and somehow they wind up on the bed.

Bonnie wonders where Mimi is going. She tells her she's headed for her second job, “Unlike Patrick, I have to work for a living.”

Mimi leaves. Bonnie stares longingly at the cash. She gets a phone call from Lauren, “What do you mean there is a problem? Don't tell me there is something wrong with the baby.”

Patch thanks Hope for the notes she gave him about himself and Kayla. She hopes it helps and also hopes it will help to jog his memory.

My memory can't even walk, let alone jog,” says Patch. Hope reminds him he remembered Stephanie is his daughter. “Yeah,” says Patch, “And the way she's been acting lately I'd like to forget. And I still didn't remember Kayla. I'll never forget the pain in her eyes when I told her I didn't remember. I don't know if I ever will. But I do know I can't walk out on the mother of my child if there is something I can do to save her.”

Willow is at Chez Rouge as Mimi walks in. She tells Mimi she's glad she could finally make it. Mimi says she has another job. “Yeah,” says Willow, “Working at Max' garage, like that's not desperate. You'll do anything to get Shawn back, but he's not working there anymore.”

“So I've heard. But, for your information, I'm working there because I need the money,” says Mimi, “And as for desperate at least I'd never resort to selling my body.”

“Good thing because you'd probably starve,” meows Willow.

“Yeah,” says Mimi, “Well, it's worked so well for you, hasn't it?”

“A couple of weeks ago I was living on the streets and now I'm leaving the 'Y' and movin' on up.”

That got Mimi's attention. She bites, “Where are you going? Hopefully someplace far away.”

“Sorry,” says Willow, “I'll be living with your soon-to-be ex-husband.”

Shawn comes up to Bo and flashes his wad-o-cash. He says EJ gave him a bonus and now he can start paying him back for the Fancy Face. Bo don' wan' no stinkin' money. He thinks Shawn should be using it to take care of his daughter.

Shawn says, "With the amount of money I'm gonna be making... I can take care of all my responsibilities."

Bo asks, "How much is Wells paying you to work on cars?"

Prevuze

Bonnie says, “Thank God. The way you were talking I thought something happened to the baby... What do you mean it still could? Just stay there. I'm on my way!” Bonnie hangs up. She grabs Patrick's cash and runs out.

Billie comes back to the hospital and runs into Hope. Hope asks how Billie liked the necklace. Billie is confused, "Steve got me a necklace?"

Hope takes her foot out of her mouth and says, "Yeah. Well, he had me... I'm sorry if I ruined the surprise.”

Billie smiles, "No-no-no... I'm thrilled that he thought of me."

Bo thinks there is more to this than meets the eye, “I'll make you a deal. If I find out anything about this character I'll let you know, even though that would be about as dumb as John telling Kate he knows about her and EJ, and if you see or hear anything suspicious, you let me know.” Shawn agrees. He hands Bo the cash, but Bo stuffs it back in Shawn's pocket. He tells him the insurance company is taking care of the Fancy Face expenses, "Since you are my son, I bought the idiot protection option." Bo gives him an envelope from Victor. Shawn don' wan' no stinkin' envelope from Victor. “Shawn,” says Bo, “He's your grandfather.” Shawn grabs the envelope and says he will look at it later. He storms off. Bo mumbles, “Good talking with ya.”

Mimi accuses Willow of lying. Willow insists they are getting a place where Claire can come and visit. Mimi doesn't think Belle would approve of Claire coming over there when Shawn is living with someone so “morally lacking.”

“Like you should lecture me about morals after what you did,” says Willow, “I never did anything as bad as what you have done. I never hurt the people I care about.”

Hope and Patrick are back at his apartment. He serves her roast beef. He wants to take care of her, especially since she hasn't been doing such a good job of that herself lately. “I'm doing the best I can in the middle of a family crisis,” says Hope.

“You have to realize that's not your family any more and we have a baby to think about here,” says Patrick.

“I think about the baby all the time,” says Hope, “And the Bradys will be my family for all the Days Of Our Lives.” Patrick says he didn't mean to imply she should stop caring about them. He realizes he interrupted something at the pub tonight. Hope tells him they were just reminiscing and she got a little sentimental.

Patrick asks, “Are you sure there isn't something you want to tell me?”

The roast beef is overdone,” says Hope.

Patrick asks if they are still going away together, “You haven't changed your mind have you?” Hope stares and munches her beef-jerky.

Mimi tells Willow Shawn's heart belongs to one woman – Belle Black. “We'll see about that,” says Willow.

“Shawn might be enjoying the nightly acrobatics you've been treating him to, but he's way too smart to let you come between him and his daughter, well, he won't let you come between him and his daughter anyway. Eventually he'll toss you out on the curb just like everyone else has.” Mimi turns on her heel and scoots off.

Billie comes in and turns on the window walkie-talkie. She listens as Patch says, “Well, Sweetness, you were right. It happened. In the middle of all this craziness I got my memory back. Everything. How we met... how we fell in love... how you saved my life in more ways than one.” Billie drops her head against the glass. Patch goes on to tell Kayla Stephanie was right. When he remembered her he would remember how much he needed her, “And I do. That's why you gotta come back to me, you hear me baby?” Billie shuts off the monitor and prepares to turn on the water works.

Shawn wanders through Chez Rouge. Mimi finds him and tells him she and Willow were just talking about them getting a place together. “All right,” says Shawn, “Stay out of it, OK? Nothing is definite yet.” Willow comes up and joins the happy little party. Shawn says he came by to see if she needs a ride home.

“That is so sweet, I would love a ride home.” Smoochie-smoochie.” Mimi leaves to find the nearest toilet bowl. Willow just happens to find the envelope from Victor. Shawn wasn't planning on opening it, but Willow encourages him to at least check it out. He opens it up, “OMG! It's a check for ten thousand dollars!”

That'll get you a few more nights,” says Willow.

Bonnie meets up with Lauren. Bonnie compliments her looks. Lauren shrugs it off and says she's bloated, fat and uncomfortable. Bonnie reminds her of the wonderful thing she is doing. “I'm doing it for the money,” says Lauren, “And I want more. A lot more.”

Bonnie asks why. Lauren says she can't stay on her job since she has to be on her feet all day. Bonnie will have to support her in the manner to which she has become accustomed.

Patch leafs through the memory book and assures Kayla things will be just like the old days. He talks about the pool cue she gave him. It showed him she accepted him for who he really was. He reminds her of when they played for ten kisses. She lost and he lost count when he was collecting his winnings, "Sweetness, there's a lot more kisses where those came from. All you have to do is wake up."

Hope agrees to go to Chicago with Patrick. He presses her for a date. He takes her hand, “Stop putting me off.”

“All right, we'll go as soon as possible, but I don't want Bo to know.”

Bo sleeps. A knock at the door wakes him up. Billie. She whines, “The one thing I was afraid of happened. He remembered her. He called her 'Sweetness' and told her he needed her.”

“So it worked,” says Bo, “He asked us to tell him some things that might trigger his memory. Sorry.”

Billie takes it in stride, “You told me this would happen. I didn't listen.” Hugs.

Willow says they might even be able to get a house now. Shawn says it's not that much money, and he's not keeping it, “No check is going to make up for the fact that he knew Claire was mine almost from day one.” Mimi eavesdrops.

Bonnie works on Lauren. Lauren tells her she can either cough up the cash or say goodbye to her grandchild. Bonnie hands her Patrick's wad-o-cash, “Will this do?”

Lauren yanks it out of her hand, “It's a start.”

Patrick wonders why Hope cares if Bo finds out. She doesn't want to upset him. She has his word that he won't tell anyone about the trip. Hope says she won't go while Kayla is fighting for her life. Patrick says he will start making arrangements, “I have plenty of cash stashed away.” He looks over at the drawer, “What the hell?” He runs over and looks inside the box, “OMG! Mother Hubbard had more in her cupboards.”

Billie says she knew this could happen, but not so soon. Bo is sorry, “If it's any consolation, I just got blown off, too.” Bo takes a swig out of a flask while Billie blames herself for wrecking his marriage. So there they are... two lonely people on the rebound... one lonely bed... more monkey sex.

Meanwhile, Patch is down to the part about their trip to Australia, when they went halfway around the world to rescue their baby girl “from that loony tunes Sheila.” He begs her not to give up now that they have so much to look forward to. He hums The Rose and then breaks into song. That did it. A few sour notes was all it took. Kayla looks up at him.

He gasps, “Kayla?” FF.


Previews
========

Zoot Suit boy jives, “Dune, Get ready for the Fatinaita! Come on! Let's get jiggy with that.” He grabs Abby. Hey, it makes as much sense as anything else on this show.

Kayla expresses her love for Steve, “I couldn't have done it without you.”

Patrick tells Hope, “I want your trust that I will be there for you and the baby, no matter what.”

Bo. Billie. Afterglow. Bo says, “I've come full circle. We've become friends again after all these years.” The brat takes pictures with her cell phone.

13 Comments:

Blogger Prevuze said...

I love it, Bulldog. We may have to start calling Chelsea "Swamp Thing."

6:05 AM  
Blogger Vampire Bear said...

I wonder what the people of the planet Vulcan would think of all this Salem madness. Highly illogical. :)

6:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Isn't there ANY way to return this kid to the swamp?"....ROFLMA.

Prevuze was a hoot today. First there was the Window of Death. Now there are the Machines of Life attended to by the Bionic Nurse. HAHAHA

I think all of us could use that Idiot Protection Option just for watching this show. Thanks Prevuze for a great kick-off to the weekend.

6:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It sounds like everybody's doin' it, except EJ, who keeps getting interrupted.

Isn't the word discretion in Shawn's vocabulary? Flashing his wad-o-cash to anyone and everyone.

6:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is it just me, or is Bo looking an awful lot like Tony Orlando these days?

6:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Loved the idiot protection comment!LOL

Good way to get Hope back Bo, like son like father.

Does Steve actually remember Kayla or was he just making it sound good for her?

7:00 AM  
Blogger Prevuze said...

"Does Steve actually remember Kayla or was he just making it sound good for her?"

He's just making it sound good. He's reading all this stuff from the notes Bo and Hope gave him.

7:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do people REALLY still think Hope should take Bo back after he hops into bed with Billie AGAIN? Even if she isn't with Patrick, let her find someone totally new! Next, she'll probably have to deal with Billie pregnant, and Bo again leaving her to run to Billie's side.

9:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oooo, Frog. Low blow. HAHAHA

I was going to make some snide remark about there is some difference since Tony Orlando is dead. Although he may come back from there at the insult of being compared with Bo.

But, checked it out on Google and Tony is still alive and entertaining in Branson.

Although I suppose that, or working on DAYS, is about the same as being dead. Career-wise at lease.

1:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kudos, Bulldog. But how did you narrow down which Salemite was "Stupid?" I realize that Shawn is the easiest choice, but it could have been ANYONE!
Foo

2:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't think Hope should take Bo back or that Bo should want back. They both are just a little too willing to give up on each other and sleep with someone else.

3:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

“Some pretty well-known people are criminals,” says Willow, “Take Congress, for example... Anyway, baby, you are in the money and you can take care of your little girl just the way you like.”
I was laughing when I read that last line there, and was waiting for the next line " And you could take care of Claire too"

7:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is becoming too sappy!!!

10:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Blogarama     Globe Of Blogs