Thursday, October 26, 2006

Loathsome Little Gutter Snipe

Sober Sami lights candles, turns on music and answers the door. She greets EJ. He tells her she looks beautiful. He holds up a bottle of wine, "I brought a rather naïve burgundy for our enjoyment tonight. I was hoping it would compliment the naïve girl in you."

EJ opens the bottle. He tells Sami, "I thought you might not want any, the way you were throwing back those KILOS last night."

Sami says she was upset. She came home, had a gallon of water, a shower and now she's looking forward to the evening with him. EJ toasts better days. He reminds her he told her not to go to Carrie and Austin's wedding. Sami thinks they should have told her about the wedding and invited her.

EJ asks, "If you were Carrie would you have told you?"

"Probably not," says Sami, "But what about my mom? She was getting married, too. And then for my dad to kick me out. It's not right. I just can't understand why they wouldn't want a raving drunk at their wedding."

EJ asks, "The way you feel about John, do you think it's so surprising they wouldn't want you there? Wouldn't you rather be here wit me?"

"Maybe," says Sami. He kisses her to help her decide.

Kate comes into her apartment to find Lucas. She tells Lucas about Sami's latest set of antics. Lucas is surprised, but not about Sami, "Austin and Carrie got married? They didn't waste any time did they? They made me sign annulment papers yesterday."

Kate continues to rag on Sami and tells him Austin and Carrie have already left Salem. Lucas has no sympathy for them.

Kate rants, "It just goes to show you. It's the same Sami. She's so selfish she's going to make someone else's special occasion all about her. It didn't work."

"I can't say I feel sorry for Austin and Carrie," says Lucas.

"I'm not asking you to feel sorry for them," says Kate, "but if it was your wedding and that loathsome little gutter snipe was trying to break it up...."

Will comes out and screams, "Stop it! I'm not letting you talk about my mom like that."

Frankie suggests Caroline take a break. Caroline don' wan' no stinkin' break. Frankie convinces her and promises to go get her if there is a change. Caroline leaves as Max comes in. Frankie tells him there is no change in Patch and Kayla's condition. Stephanie wheels in. Max tells her she should be in her room. Frankie backs him up. Max offers to take her. Stephanie says she can get there by herself. Max says he will check on her in five minutes.

After Stephanie wheels out Frankie asks, "What was that all about?"

"You can tell," asks Max, "I'm planning on breaking it off with her when the time is right."

Bo tells John that Lockhart isn't the mastermind. John wonders if this has to do with the vendetta the DiMeras have against the Brady's. Bo wonders what the EJ Wells connection is. If they can prove the two of them are working together he can keep Lockhart away from Hope. Bo starts to rush out to crack the case. John tells him to settle down, "I'm not letting you go anywhere right now."

Max says he used Stephanie to get Chelsea off his back. He can't tell her right now, though. Frankie says he has to tell her the truth right now. Max says he cares about Stephanie. "Then tell her the truth," says Frankie as he goes to check on Caroline.

Bo insists they don't have time to stand around. John cautions him to be careful and not step on Roman's investigation. John thinks Abe needs to know everything they are up to. Bo says if Abe finds out he's been working on the investigation he will be off the force. John says he has to decide. He gives Bo a wink, a manly wink, of course, and says, "Either way I will back you."

Bo thanks him and asks to borrow a dollar. John asks why he needs the money. Bo says, "Your backing and a buck will get me a cup of coffee in the PD lunchroom." John leaves.

OMB (Old Man Brady) comes in and asks if Bo has seen Caroline. Bo says, "I could use your advice."

EJ and Sami maul each other. It moves to the couch. Sami wants them to take their time, "There's no need to rush things."

EJ isn't so sure, "I love the romance, but usually when we take things slowly we get interrupted." Sami assures him Lucas and Will won't interrupt their evening. Back to work.

Will tells Kate Sami is still his mom. Kate apologizes. Lucas asks for a moment with Will. He asks him where this is coming from, since he's heard Will tear into Sami. Will says, "I don't like what she did but I'm gonna miss her. I'm tired of moving. I'm sick of being disappointed."

"It's not all your mom's fault," says Lucas, "It's my responsibility too."

Will says, "Maybe if Mom knew we cared she'd stop all this. I was really peeved when we moved out but that was probably the dumbest move we all could have made. Can't we just try to be a family?" Kate eavesdrops and shakes her head.

Max comes in to see Stephanie. He asks how she is doing. Stephanie says she's fine. It's her parents she's worried about. Max encourages her. It's hard for him, too. She's glad she's not going through it alone. She offers her hand. Max takes it and scowls. He starts to say something, but chokes on the words.

Stephanie asks, "Is there something you want to talk to me about?"

Max chickens out, "No. Not right now. I'm going back to the garage. I'll see you later." He leaves. Stephanie sighs.

Bo tells OMB he needs his advice. "It's a hypothetical situation. Let's say this cop knows a guy is a criminal. Does it matter how the cop brings him in?"

This one is so transparent even Pop can see through it, "Has the hypothetical cop been suspended?"

Bo mumbles. OMB goes on, "It's like chowdah. If you throw in a bad piece of meat, the whole thing's bad."

Bo appreciates the advice. Caroline comes in. OMB suggests finding a doctor.

Bo leaves and calls John. OMB thinks, "It's a good thing I didn't tell him if you throw in enough other goop, no one can tell the chowdah's bad. At least none of my customers ever have."

Bo asks John to meet him at the station so they can tell Abe what they have been up to.

OMB and Caroline discuss the case. Dr. Meyer stands inside Patch and Kayla's room in his biotech gear. He closes the blinds. Worry ensues.

John tells Abe he has info on the glove, "Bo and I have been conducting our own investigation."

Abe growls, "I warned Bo..."

John says, "It's because of his persistence we may know the identity of the person behind the whole damned thing."

Will isn't talking about living together, but being civil to each other. Lucas agrees to tell Sami it was a mistake. Kate has a stroke and storms into the room. She tells them they can't do that. Lucas gets on her for eavesdropping. Will defends his mom, "She has no one else to rely on."

Kate wonders if he's taking psychology classes at school, "Sami will see this as a sign of weakness and take advantage of you."

Lucas says, "Sami and I have to be parents to Will. Maybe if I kept it on the surface and didn't allow it to get deep, we can be friends."

Kate can't believe it, "FRIENDS? Oh..."

Will says that's exactly what he wants. Lucas says, "Don't get your hopes up. Your mom drives me crazy and I drive her crazy and together we will probably drive you crazy."

Will says, "Being crazy is what life in Salem is all about." They decide it's time to go see Sami. After they run out, Kate calls EJ.

Sami's clothes start to come off as the phone rings. EJ turns it off as he turns Sami on.

Bo comes in and Abe hauls him and John into his office. He lectures Bo, "I warned you. You didn't follow orders. I'm about to kick you off the force for good."

Max is back at the garage. Abby greets him. They talk about Steve and Kayla. She asks how Stephanie is. Max says she's having a tough time. Abby feels useless. She just knows Max will make everything easy for Stephanie. Max thinks he's the last person she needs right now.

Frankie comes into Stephanie's room looking for Max. Stephanie tells him Max isn't there. She thinks he wanted an excuse to get away from her. She asks if Max said anything about her. Frankie says it's between her and Max. Stephanie says, "He kind of tried to break up with me the other day. I freaked out and he changed his mind. Now I think he's just waiting for the right time. You know what it's like to be strung along. Even if the person doing it has the best intentions, it sucks. Please tell me, OK, because not knowing is the one thing I can't handle."

Frankie says, "There must be a whole lot you can't handle, then. I came up here because..."

Stephanie interrupts, "You thought he broke up with me."

Frankie rambles, "Maybe he was just waiting for the right time."

"He's a really thoughtful guy," says Stephanie, "Thanks for being honest with me. I need some time alone... to slit my wrists." Frankie leaves. Stephanie breaks down.

Max and Abby talk about Stephanie. Max tells her he decided he can't have a relationship with her. Abby wonders how Stephanie took it.

"That's kind of the thing," says Max, "I tried to tell her, but she freaked out."

Abby thinks Stephanie read too much into the gift she got for Max to give her. Max says he should have looked at it first. Abby is sorry things didn't work out for them. She tells him he can't blame himself.

"Thanks," says Max, "Have I told you how glad I am I hired you. This garage would fall apart without you." The man's a race driver. He can shift gears and you hardly notice.

Abe rants. Bo defends himself. John tells him to cut Bo some slack. He tells Abe about the lead on the co conspirator – EJ Wells.

Abe wonders how it could be EJ, "What's his motive?"

"There you go asking logical questions again," says John, "We don't know yet. Without going into great detail... the, ahem, opportunity presented itself for me to 'borrow' his cell phone. I downloaded his history. Patrick made a dozen phone calls to EJ. What other connection would EJ have to Lockhart?"

Abe says, "My detectives traced the gloves to a manufacturer in Florence. They are rarely imported. There is only one place in town to buy them. Good work. This information will help."

"Great," says Bo, "So we can proceed with the case?" Abe sighs.

A knock at Sami's door. They ignore it. Will yells for her to open the door, "I know you're in there, Mom." Sami says she can't believe it as they dress. Sami thinks Will won't want to stay long and they can pick up where they left off.

She opens the door, "Lucas!"

"I hope we aren't interrupting," he smirks.

Of course not. Sami says, "OK. Just lecture me about showing up at the wedding and then get out."

Lucas says, "That's not why we are here." He acknowledges the bystander, "What's up EJ?" He turns to Sami, "What WAS up, Sami?"

Will chimes in, "We came because we love you, Mom."

Lucas says Will is right. He apologizes for the way he treated her. He thinks they can be a family. Sami breaks down and hugs Will.

EJ says she doesn't need Lucas in her life to be a good parent to Will.

Will tells him he doesn't care if he's a big, rich, famous race driver. He wants EJ to leave.

EJ asks, "What about you Samantha? What do you want me to do?"

Stephanie wheels around her room and looks at the teddy bear. She chucks it into the wastebasket.

Frankie comes in and asks why the blinds are closed. OMB and Caroline aren't sure what is going on in there. Frankie tells OMB he wants to go back to DC when Kayla is feeling better. OMB asks him to think about it, "Think of what you have accomplished here. You lost Jennifer but you saved her and Jack's lives, and brought them back together. You added another ten years to my life by coming back. I'm so proud of you. You are a good decent man and a fine example to your brother Max."

Dr. Meyer raises the blinds and comes out. He takes off his biotech helmet. Sweat drips like rain. He tells them they were checking the toxin levels, "The antidote isn't working. I've reached out to the medical community and so far we have nothing."

Frankie just happens to know someone at the FDA. He will give him a call and see if he can come up with anything. Caroline begs Dr. Myers, "I want you to do everything... anything. I am not gonna let my daughter die." The Doc leaves. Caroline sobs.

Abe says he will let Bo and John look into this. He tells John to keep Bo on a short leash. "That's Hope's job," says John. Abe cautions them and leaves.

John tells Bo he has a way to connect EJ to the case. Bo picks up the plastic bag containing the note Sami brought in to have dusted for fingerprints. He tells John about it, "The lab found an unexpected set of prints."

John says, "Now I wonder who those could have belonged to."

Bo says, "Mr. EJ Wells." John smiles.

Sami asks EJ to leave. EJ tells her she needs to lay down the law, "They are pulling the same tricks again to keep us apart. You want me to leave for good?"

"No," says Sami, "They are my family. I need them."

"I thought you needed me," says EJ.

Sami says, "Please tell me you're not going to make me choose."

EJ says, "I've had enough of this and, yes, under the circumstances you need to make a choice. It's either Lucas and Will or me. It's up to you." Sami contemplates.

Prevuze

Previews
========

Abe says, "Unless you give me reason not to, I will stand by you forever." Lexie says, "I love you so much."

Shawn tells Belle, "If I have to get a lawyer to see my daughter, I will. And if you push me too far, I will sue for full custody."

Lucas tries to open a door, but it's chained. He asks, "What's with the chain. It's me and Will." Kate shushes EJ.

Sami asks, "What is this about?" Bo says, "I need you to talk to me about EJ Wells."

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay...regarding the previews...I'm tired of this I'll stand by you mess coming from Abe and Lexie's I love yous...I hate them as a couple...can the writers please stop torturing us! Bring back Lexie and Tek!!!

5:42 AM  
Blogger Vampire Bear said...

I'm glad that things seem to be coming together and it finally makes sense why EJ's fingerprints were on that note from what seems like so long ago.

I think Abe and Lexie are keen together. He may be 8 years older than her but she's like 17 years older than TEK. I wonder if he will turn out to be one of the gloved hands.

5:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wouldn't Abe already have known about Lexie's lie, as it was supposedly part of the Eve Michaels murder investigation (per Roman)?

6:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Shawn tells Belle, "If I have to get a lawyer to see my daughter, I will. And if you push me too far, I will sue for full custody."


What the hell is wrong with this guy!!!!!!! What is Claire to him, some kind of rag doll he can toss around like nothing?? I wanna be a daddy, Now I don't , no I want too.....gimme gimme mine mine

I hope Belle tells him off for good.

6:35 AM  
Blogger Prevuze said...

"What the hell is wrong with this guy!!!!!!!"

All of the Internet does not have enough space to answer that one.

6:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The "suspended animation" picture was priceless. I'm still chuckling over it along with John's computer password dilemma.

And THANK YOU, WILL! It's telling when the 16-year-old is the adult of the group.

Here's to you, Prevuze, along with a ;-) - "manly" or not.

9:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here I thought your title was about the other "loathsome little gutter snipe" and I had to wonder what Chelsea had done to get on your good side.

9:52 AM  
Blogger Prevuze said...

"I had to wonder what Chelsea had done to get on your good side."

She stayed off the show.

10:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Abe looks like Lexie's father. And all of these I love yous sound like a mess to me. Hogan is way too sappy. Abe and Lexie are not a supercouple and never will be in my eyes. In terms of the age thing, in soap opera time Abe looks 17 years older than Lexie and treats her like that and for the record he still does not trust her -- every little thing she does he goes right back to "as long as you don't give me a reason to not trust you, etc". Abe is a self-righteous "somebody" and I can't stand him.

Tek and Lexie have better chemistry. It does not matter how old they are in real life it's the soap opera world that matters. You have 20 something year olds in hollywood play teenagers all the time. That's just the way it is. TEXIELOVE all the way!!!

4:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Blogarama     Globe Of Blogs