Monday, August 07, 2006

Love Sucks

Patch comes into Bo's office. Bo wonders how Patch knew where to look for him. Patch tells Bo Kayla told him where he was, "She said you're working yourself like a dog pulling all-nighters on an important case."

"Yeah," says Bo, "I'm trying to save my marriage. Someone stole some incriminating evidence against my daughter and Chelsea got off the hook. Unless I can prove I'm innocent Hope will never trust me again."

"I hate to interrupt but I need your help," says Patch, "I guess you could say I'm trying to save my marriage too."

Phillip joins the clueless quartet at the hospital and wants to know what is going on. Shawn, Mimi and Belle stammer in unison. Phillip leaves to handle the discharge papers and Mimi asks to talk to Belle alone. Shawn leaves and Mimi tells Belle Bonnie read the diary too. She accuses Belle, "You're out to steal my husband, but that would take a better bitch than you!"

Shawn offers Phillip and Belle a ride home. Phillip gets defensive. He tells Shawn he doesn’t need to act like Belle's husband just because she's pregnant with his baby.

"It's not that," says Shawn, "It's just that you don't seem to do too well behind the wheel of a car."

Will has called to say he forgot to take his parental consent form to football camp. Lucas ran off to take it to him. Sami thinks Carrie shouldn't be alone tonight. Carrie says she will be OK and heads for bed. Austin takes her aside and tells her they need to talk. Carrie tells him what they did was a mistake, "EJ caught us making love. What if he tells Lucas or Sami?"

EJ tells Sami her relationship with Austin is in trouble, "You are in danger of losing him to Carrie forever."

Austin tells Carrie they don't have to worry about EJ talking. Carrie prays he is right. She feels guilty. Austin says what happened wasn't a mistake. Carrie says she can't go through with ending her marriage. Austin asks what changed her mind. Carrie can't talk about it. They just have to forget it happened. Austin presses and Carrie agrees to meet him on the roof.

Sami wonders why EJ would say that. EJ says sooner or later the information on what she did will get out. Austin will only forgive Sami if she tells him herself. Sami insists Austin is meant to be with her.

"You're plucky," says EJ, "but I think you're set up for a disappointment."

"I'm at my best when my back is against the wall," says Sami, "No one is taking Austin from me."

Carrie heads for her room and Austin says he has to make an important phone call.

EJ says, "I don't know how many more ways to say this, but you need to get out of your own way. It's your worst fault, among many."

"Among many?"

"You are your own worst enemy," says EJ.

"And you are a fountain of clichés," says Sami.

"You seem to believe you have this power over people," says EJ, "Most people don't even have the power to control their own lives."

Sami says, "I am not gonna lose Austin. I don't care what it takes, or what I have to do."

Meanwhile, on the roof, Carrie and Austin talk about their little indiscretion. Austin doesn't think it was a mistake. It reminded him of a connection they share. Carrie reminds him of her marriage and his engagement. Austin says, "You don't love Lucas the same as me."

Carrie looks confused, "You love Lucas? "

Patch tells Bo he needs answers about who staged his death. Bo tells him the tracks are pretty cold after all these years. Patch thinks DiMera put him on permanent pause. Bo is one of the few people he knows who can help him. He offers to help Bo if Bo helps him. Bo tells Patch, "I've got a little concern about you getting your memory back. You might want to kill me." Patch gives him his Popeye stare.

Prevuze

Shawn tells Phillip he's just trying to be there for him. Phillip thinks Shawn is in La-La land because of the pregnancy. Shawn insists the pregnancy has nothing to do with that. Phillip tells Shawn he will love this baby as much as he does Claire and all of Shawn's other children, too, "I have no reason to be jealous, right?"

"That's... not... really... true," says Shawn.

Mimi accuses Belle of lusting after Shawn because of her raging pregnancy hormones. Belle freaks because Mimi read so much of her diary. Mimi says, "You're trying to convince Shawn to walk out on me."

"I would never do that," says Belle, "I love you and I don't what to hurt you."

"Then why did you fake this performance tonight," screams Meems.

Belle says, "I swear to you..."

Mimi interrupts, "And then you got him to kiss you. And I'm just supposed to stand here and play the part of retarded Stepford wife."

"At least you've got the retarded part down pat," says Belle, "I love my husband."

"You do not," says Mimi, "And that is something else you need to admit. I don't owe you anything. It might not be your fault the eggs got switched, but you couldn't have asked for anything better. You are using that to break up two marriages. There is one thing you will never have for all the Days Of Our Lives and that is my husband!"

Patch asks Bo why he might want to kill him. Bo tells him he is the reason he is wearing the patch. He tells him about being in the merchant marine together, and about Britta. They both fell in love with her, got drunk one night and got into a brawl over her. Flashback.

Patch says Kayla told him the whole story, but he knows he forgave Bo. They decide they are like brothers. Patch says things are cleared up. They decide to help each other and seal the deal with the underhand, spiral-arm buddy shake.

Carrie says when she came to Salem Belle had just had a baby. She felt like her whole life was passing her by.

Austin says, "I don't think Belle and Phillip are totally happy. I don't understand."

"I've only been married a couple days," says Carrie.

"And I think it's commendable how long you waited before cheating," says Austin, "We can't get away from this. I don't want to. What you and I have was sent by God to last a lifetime."

"I cheated on you just like I cheated on Lucas," says Carrie, "What is wrong with me?"

Austin thinks for a few seconds, "Nymphomania? "

"I promised if I got married again I would honor my vows forever and now I have broken them," whines Carrie.

"Your whole relationship is a big lie," says Austin.

Carrie says, "Down in the apartment I realized I can't do this to Lucas. And what about Sami? Are you going to renege on your proposal? You nave never told her no in your entire life. Are you going to do that?"

EJ continues to work on Sami. Same stuff we've heard before. He wanes philosophical, "A tree that owns it's own dirt is the one that cannot be unearthed."

Sami doesn't understand that any more than the rest of us do. She finally figures out she knows what to do, "I don't have to tell anyone the truth about anything."

Belle says Mimi can call her whatever she wants but they both know this isn't the real Mimi. Mimi accuses Belle of having second thoughts as soon as she was married, "But I am married to Shawn and you have L-O-S-T!"

"You have forgotten one thing," says Belle, "I am pregnant with Shawn's baby and that changes everything!"

Shawn says Phillip has every right to be jealous. Phillip asks, "How are you going to deal with the fact that I am going to raise your child with Belle?" Shawn stares.

Sami has on rubber gloves. She opens the envelope and removes the letter. She tells EJ she will take the envelope to the police station and have it checked for fingerprints. EJ thought she didn't want to go to the police. She says she will show them the envelope, but not the note. EJ thinks it might be dangerous to track down the guy.

"I'm not afraid," she says, "Nobody blackmails Sami Brady and gets away with it."

EJ wonders if she is going to the police station at this time of night. Sami figures there will be fewer people there to ask questions. EJ thinks Austin might wonder where she is. Sami says, "I will think of some lie to tell him. I am buying an insurance policy for my future with Austin."

Carrie wonders how Austin will break the engagement. Austin knows this could send Sami spiraling in the wrong direction, but it will help her and Lucas get back together. He will never feel for Sami the way he feels for Carrie.

"Sami and I are close again for the first time since we were kids," says Carrie, "I promised her I wouldn't come between you two. Lucas doesn't want Sami. In a perfect world you and I could be together but it's not gonna happen. This is how it has to be."

"If this is the last time we are together," says Austin, "Then I want something to remember you by." Kiss.

Bo tells Patch whoever did this is clever enough to frame him. Patch wonders if it was Chelsea. Bo doesn't think so. He thinks it's an inside job. Patch wonders about the mother. Bo says, "Billie wouldn't do something like this... But I know who would! This could be my best lead and I have you to thank for it."

Mimi says, "Well there it is... Belle's big admission. Your unborn child will change everything. You have to stop that kind of thinking. The fact is Shawn and I are still married. He is still my husband and that will never change. I don't know what it is about spoiled princesses like you." Belle has had enough. She starts to leave. Mimi stops her, "You are not going anywhere until I say what I have to say to you, Miss Salem High Homecoming Queen."

"I know you are afraid of losing Shawn," says Belle, "I would never hurt you. I know I have made mistakes. I am only human, but it is time for me to fix those mistakes before it is too late."

"It is already too late," yells Mimi, "You can either stay with Phillip or be alone, but keep your filthy hands off Shawn."

Shawn doesn't know how he will deal with Phillip raising his kid. But he knows they all will have to live with that situation. Shawn insists Phillip has nothing to worry about, "Belle loves you."

Phillip says, "Vivian Alamain stole my mother's egg. How much did Dr. Jaynes have riding on this? A lot – still no one can explain it. It's a pretty big coincidence. You and Belle have the baby you always used to dream about and I think maybe somebody did it on purpose."

Mimi rants, "This is war, Belle. You think you have me fooled. You're the reason I lost Rex and I won't let you be the reason I lose Shawn. He's all I've got. The day you do anything to come between us, God help you!"

Phillip believes somebody switched the eggs. Shawn thinks it's impossible. He wants to know who would have done it. Phillip says he doesn't have the answers, but he thinks someone did this to ruin their lives. The Hand stalks.

Carrie insists they can't do this. Austin knows it's wrong, "But why isn't it wrong for us to be trapped in relationships with people we don't love?"

Carrie says, "We can't be this selfish."

Prevuze

"What about our pain," asks Austin, "Love sucks. It hurts." He goes in for more sucking and hurting.

Bo is on the phone, "I don't care what time it is... Bring Kate Roberts in for questioning." Bo thanks Patch as he leaves.

Sami and EJ rush into Bo's office. She asks him to dust the envelope and do a DNA test on the saliva on the envelope. Bo asks if there was a crime committed. Sami tells him no. She asks him to trust her.

Bo chuckles, "Trust you?"

"I need the results right away," says Sami.

Bo asks, "Why do I get the feeling you are hiding something – like maybe you are the one who committed a crime?" FF Bo.


Previews
========

Jack tells Jennifer and Frankie, "I wish there were some way to clear up this whole mess that I made, but I don't think I should be going home with you. I can't."

Austin says, "Say yes." Carrie mumbles, "I want to be with you."

Kate asks, "What's that little tramp up to?" Evil Eve says, "The only one I'm worried about is Bo Brady. This isn't just a case to him. He's not going to give up."

Sami holds a dossier in front of her and says, "OMG!" EJ says, "What?"

5 Comments:

Blogger Quiet one said...

OMG, that picture of Phillip and his healing one brain cell made me spit my coffee back into my mug. Thanks for the laugh. (getting new cup of coffee...)

6:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So Mimi blames Belle for losing Rex? I guess she forgot she was the one who had the abortion. What a byotch.

7:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm with Michelle. I really lost it with Phillip's one healing brain cell. He looks like the healing isn't going too well either.

Also LOL at the Hormone/Whore Moans picture.

Prevuze is in rare form.

Poor Patch is doomed to never find out who set him up if he relies on Bo. Bo can't help himself out of a wet paper bag.

Great Monday (evening) pick-me-up from Applecheeks en Paris.

8:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great pictures today, every single one of them. The brain cell one takes the cake.

8:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I absolutely cannot stand watching DOOL anymore--it is insipid and ridiculous. I have followed it for over 30 some years. HOWEVER, I just love reading PREVUZE--the DOOL writers could never make the program as entertaining and fun. Keep up the fabulous work! I look forward to reading it every morning.

1:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Blogarama     Globe Of Blogs