Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Win Some, Lose Some

Frankie and Jennifer sit to talk about their future. Jennifer isn't happy about the way the relationship is going, "I just think we should take the next logical step."

Frankie asks, "Why should we start being logical now? "

Jennifer doesn't take making love casually. She wants to be married. Frankie kisses her. That's a yes. He's dreamed about this his whole life, and now she beat him to the punch. He orders champagne to toast his bride to be. Caroline and Old Man Brady come over and congratulate them. Frankie says, "I'm officially the happiest man alive." Jennifer says, "I think somewhere Jack is happy for us, too."

Jack doesn't look so happy, though. He stares at the doctor, "It seems like I've been dying forever."

"If it seems that long to you," says Dr. Butler, "Imagine how long it seems to the viewers."

Jack says, "I had this dream. It's you... I think it was you... Some doctor keeps telling me there will be a cure."

"It wasn't a dream," says Dr. Butler, "And there might be a cure."

Jack asks the doctor, "Are you saying that I might not be dying after all?"


Mimi tells the brat she bought a present for Victor's birthday. A glass paperweight with a Greek scene inside. Shawn drags her over to show her his great invention.

Mimi says, "This could be huge boys – a huge mistake, that is."

Shawn says, "Max is going to help me market it."

"I couldn't pass this up," says Max, "We're going to make enough money to retire."

"You want to retire broke," asks Mimi. She turns to Shawn and says, "Lexie says it's about time for us to conceive."

Kate comes to Lucas' place to help plan the wedding. Lucas makes the big announcement about the pregnancy.

"Pregnant," asks Kate, "Gee I guess I was a little slow on the uptake, but you certainly weren't."

Lucas asks, "You are happy about this, right Mom?"

"It's taking a little time to sink in," says Kate, "Yes... I am... thrilled." Hugs. Kate asks, "Does Austin know?"

"Yeah," says Lucas, "He was pretty happy about it."

"I'm sure," says the sarcastic Kate, "Where is he?"

"On the roof with Sami." Kate comes close to having a heart attack.

"That's it," says Sami, "Self preservation is my new mantra. I need a man who isn't choosing me because he can't be with the woman he loves. You have been honest with me. So, sorry, but I'm cutting you loose. I'm moving on with my life – without you."

Lucas tells Kate not to freak out. Too late. Kate struggles to talk, "If Austin and Sami get married...."

Lucas interrupts, "Whoa! What are you saying that for?"

Carrie tells Kate about Sami getting carried away.

Lucas chimes in, "She accepted the proposal, Mom."

Sami says, "You look shocked."

"Yeah."

"I am too," she says, "I never thought I'd have the nerve to say all this but I mean it. I do love you but I can't waste my future hoping you will realize I am the one. What do I do, sit and wait for you to change your mind about Carrie, or walk away with my last shred of dignity? Look at my sisters. Belle loved Shawn and Carrie loved you. But they wound up with other men starting families. That's what I want. A man who wants me so bad he will fight for me and make me stop dreaming about the man I can't have. My biological clock is ticking, too. I have Will but I want more kids too. I'm human. I'm lonely even when I am with you because I know I'm not the woman you want. So goodbye. Thank you for everything. You'll always be my first love."

Austin says, "Sami... don't go. Stick around and let me hand you another crock."

Shawn suggests they get to Victor's party early and hit him up for backing while he's in a good mood.

Mimi brings Shawn a shirt.

"What about me," asks Max.

"Get your own wife," says Mimi.

Mimi goes into the next room, where the brat asks her, "Shawn will never forgive me, will he? When you're a family shouldn't there be forgiveness?"

"My ex fiancé will never forgive me for what I did," says Mimi, "Shawn has had so much loss."

"Zack wouldn't want his brother and sister to hate each other," says the conniving little snot.

Mimi sees through it, "You hardly knew Zack. And I don't know how long it will take for him to forgive Bo either. I've made lots of mistakes and I've never gotten away without being punished."

"I don't want to go to jail," whines the brat, "Can you get Shawn not to testify against me."

"I can't make any promises," says Mimi, "But I will try... for Shawn's sake."

"Thanks," says the brat, "And I hope you get pregnant soon. She leaves.

Mimi remembers talking to Kate and Bonnie about Claire. She picks up a bullhorn and points it toward the next room, "I've suffered enough. Don't make me pay for my other sins."

The brat overhears, "What else is she guilty about? Maybe I could use it to keep out of jail."

Victor says he tries to forget birthdays, but Caroline reminds him they beat the alternative. Phillip is there. He says Belle stayed home with Claire who has a cold. Bo isn't there either. Caroline says, "It's because he says he has a heavy workload, but since he never actually goes to work, I think it's because of the situation with Hope."

Victor thanks OMB for agreeing to host this. OMB says, "It's my way of thanking you for saving Caroline's life." Caroline tells him about Frankie and Jennifer's engagement.

Jennifer cries.

"Why are you crying," says Frankie.

"You've been a bachelor for too long," she sobs. Women cry when they are happy. I know this is what Jack wanted."

Frankie says, "I need to know if you want to marry me because this is what Jack wanted or what you want.

Prevuze

The doctor tells Jack this is a chance he should take. Jack asks if this procedure has ever cured someone before. Dr. Butler says, "No."

"I won't do it," says Jack, "I've spent too many months preparing for my own death. You're not going to change my mind now."

Frankie tells Jennifer, "I don't want to rush into anything. If you are marrying me to keep your promise to Jack – don't."

The guests arrive. Small talk. Chelsea worries because Bo isn't there.

Max says, "He's working on finding Patrick."

"Patrick is Mimi's brother," says the brat.

Max says, "Yeah... so..."

"So if Bo arrests Patrick, don't you think that would cause problems for Shawn and Mimi's marriage?"

Max asks, "Why do I get the feeling you wouldn't mind that?" The brat rolls her eyes.

Kate lectures Lucas and Carrie for leaving Austin and Sami up there alone, "Austin will never be happy with Sami. How long have they been up there?"

"About 20 minutes," says Carrie.

Kate asks, "Twenty actual minutes or twenty DOOL minutes? "

"Twenty DOOL minutes," says Carrie.

"Good God...," says Kate, "That's half a lifetime. I have to get up there and stop this!"

Carrie stops her, "Kate... don't do this."

Austin says, "I have been treating you like crap. I'm sorry. I forgot you had feelings."

"It's OK," says Sami, "I did some horrible things to you."

"I got you back," says Austin, "Leaving you at the altar was brutal. I don't feel that way anymore."

Sami says, "You've been a good friend, but the way you've been going back and forth, my heart can't take it. AND... you still love my sister."

"You still love my brother."

"He doesn't love me back."

"Yes he does," says Austin, "I don't know how Carrie feels about me. I wasn't giving up, but a baby... I can't fight that. It's over between me and Carrie. I have to accept it. You're helping me do that."

"That's the thing," says Sami, "I can't help you. When we're... intimate... its' not just my body loving you. It hurts to know you really don't want to be with me."

"I'm sorry I've been taking advantage of you," says Austin.

"I've been pretty easy and I can't any more," says Sami, "I don't think we should talk for awhile except for business. I'm serious. I don't think we should spend another night together in the same apartment."

Austin says, "I don't want to lose you."

People mingle at the party. Victor vows to take his grandchildren to Greece. Mimi signs up for that right away. Shawn thanks Victor for backing their device. Phillip joins the conversation and says he and Belle are excited about the possibility of Shawn and Mimi having a kid, "Since they live across from us, it's like their kid will be Claire's brother or sister."

Victor thinks, "Not like. Their kid will be Claire's brother or sister."

Jennifer says, "It is what Jack wanted, but it's what I want, too."

Jack tells the doctor about planning for his demise, "I convinced her high school sweetheart..."

Dr. Butler interrupts, "To help himself to your wife."

"She has a better chance at happiness with him than me, right," asks Jack.

"True," says the doctor, "But what if you wind up cured? Your wife moves on with another man. Is that what you want?"

Sami says, "You can't lose something you don't have. I don't belong to you."

Austin says, "There has been good between us. I'm not sure we should throw that away."

"See," says Sami, "You aren't sure. We had fun, but that isn't enough for me."

Austin says, "There is s special place in my heart for only you. Now you're talking about taking yourself out of my life. I don't have a biological clock ticking, but I want to be able to hold my kids someday." He kisses her hand, "You do know I love you."

Sami is surprised, "You do?"

"Yes," says Austin, "And you love me too. There I go again taking you for granted. Do you still love me?"

"Of course I do," says Sami.

Austin goes on, "And I have loved Will since he was born. What you and I did is in the past. Do you know where I am going with this?"

"No," says Sami, "But I'm the only one who doesn't know. You'd better draw me a picture."

"How's this," he asks. He takes a knee, "Sami, will you marry me and share my life?"

The scream you hear is Sami's last brain cell dying an agonizing death as she accepts.

Jack tells the doctor he isn't the same guy as when this started. He has a dark view of life now, "Jennifer's already moved on. Frankie would have to be a blind idiot not to move on with her."

"Then you still have a chance," says Dr. Butler.

"It wouldn't be fair for me to go home now," says Jack, "I wouldn't do that to Jennifer. I want her to be happy with Frankie."

Frankie finishes a conversation with OMB and comes back to the booth with Jennifer, "I remember when I heard when you and Jack broke up... I thought I might have a chance... but then I heard you worked things out. I was willing to admire you from afar. I knew there was no way I could come back to Salem and be able to handle running into you occasionally. I just want you to know that even though you lost Jack I love you with all my heart. I will honor Jack by being the best husband I can be."

He pulls out a fuzz ring, "Pop said I could give you this until I get a real one. It's my turn to propose to you. He takes a knee, "Jennifer, will you marry me?"

"Yes."

The crowd cheers. Jennifer turns and says, "You're all in on this aren't you?" Kiss.

"I know how it feels," says Victor.

The brat turns and asks, "What?"

"To be the black sheep," he says, "With everyone against you. I almost came between OMB and Caroline. Actually your father was a kind of a black sheep himself. Bo didn't know OMB wasn't his biological father."

"Somehow that made a difference," says the brat, "He's not treated like his brothers and sisters."

"You're right," says Victor, "That's why I worry about Claire." Oops. He realizes his tactical error and tries to pick up the pieces, "She just has a cold. I was thinking Phillip should go home and take care of her. You can't go back and capture those times. Keep your chin up." He walks away.

The brat says, "Sorry Gramps, I'm not buying your cover. Something else is going on here."

Shawn tells Mimi, "We have a child in the works. I have everything I ever wanted." Kiss

Mimi thinks, "This IVF thing better work so I can give Shawn a baby. Then all I have to do is make sure he never finds out Claire is his baby, too."

OMB toasts Frankie and his lovely bride to be, "May they enjoy a long, happy marriage blessed by our dear Lord."

Frankie hopes Abby is OK with this. Jennifer reassures him as she raises her glass and toasts, "Here's to all the Days Of Our Lives."

The nurse brings the results. Dr. Butler gives Jack the bad news, "You're not a candidate for this protocol."

"Win some lose some," says Jack.

"Can I do anything for you," asks the doctor.

"Sure," says Jack, "Let me die here."

"We will move you to the hospice," says the doctor, "But you don't have to die alone."

"Yes I do," says Jack.

Lucas toasts his wife- and baby-to-be, "How can we lose? Look at us!"

"You can't lose," says Kate, "I'm happy for you."

Austin and Sami barge in. "We need two more glasses," says Austin. He raises his glass to Sami, "To my new fiancée. To the future Mrs. Austin Reed."

Kate goes apoplectic, "ARE YOU INSANE?! "

"Insanely happy, Mom," says Austin.

Kate shouts, "This is not going to happen. There is no way... no way... you are going to marry Sami. "

Sami smirks. FF.


Previews
========

The nurse hands Shawn a cup. Mimi says, "You were there for me during my egg harvesting. Would you like me to be there with you..." Shawn shouts, "NO... Thank you."

Tek says, "You don't deserve this, Lexie, and Abe does not deserve a woman like you."

Lucas tells Kate, "I want you to knock it off or else Austin, Carrie, Will and I will never have anything to do with you again."

Patrick trains a pistol on John and Marlena. Hope asks, "Patrick, what are you doing?" Alex shouts, "What I paid him to do." Hope says, "My God, Bo was right about you all along."

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have a feeling Mimi is going to get hers.

5:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Carrie Brady Pool...LOL.

Frankie has been gone from Salem too long if he's surprised Jen "beat him to the punch". He's forgotten that "taking things slow" in Salem means one or two days rather than the one or two hours it usually takes couples to go from casual dating to engagement. HAHAHAHAHA

6:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Carrie Brady Pool...LOL.


Lol applecheeks at least we can be thankfull it's not the Carrie Brady Gene Pool!!!

9:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mimi says, "You were there for me during my egg harvesting. Would you like me to be there with you..." Shawn shouts, "NO... Thank you." - umm how akward would that be? WEIRD...

11:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Blogarama     Globe Of Blogs