Thursday, May 18, 2006

Kate's Worst Nightmare

Shawn and Mimi arrive at the hospital for the procedure. Mimi feels kind of sick. She thinks maybe it's just that she's a little nervous. Mr. Helpful says, "Yeah, well Lexie said the harvesting is painless."

"No," says Mimi, "I remember her saying it was uncomfortable." She's hoping the hormone shots worked, "I have been a little cranky lately, haven't I?"

"Uhh... That's entrapment."

A nurse asks if this is their first child. "Hopefully the first of many," says Shawn.

Lexie comes home and finds Abe preparing a romantic dinner. She's flabbergasted. He is serving crab cakes with Sauvignon Blanc. It's the first night for their new relationship.

Sami feels like she's dreaming. Kate is beside herself. She can't believe Austin has done this, "This is the worst day of my life, and that's saying a lot."

"Just for the record," says Sami, "I'm not going anywhere the night before my wedding, and I'm not drinking anything you give me. And knowing how this gets to you makes it just a little bit better."

Alex is losing his patience, "Where did John take her?" Hope doesn't know. Alex thinks she was in on the scheme. Hope plays it cool.

"He has no right to take my wife," says Alex.

"He thinks you are a danger," says Hope, "John, Bo, Marlena and I have been to hell and back together."

Alex goes for the jugular, "And look how Bo betrayed you."

Alex goes up to Patrick and tells him they have to do something. Hope runs up and says, "Patrick, don't you dare help him."

John and Marlena tramp through the jungle. Flashback to the injection. John asks if she is all right.

"I feel light headed," says Marlena. She remembers some of the good times with John, "But I feel wonderful because I remember loving you."

"I love you, too," says John. Kiss.

Mimi's IV drips. The drugs are kicking in. The nurse finishes the procedure. Mimi asks, "That's it?"

"It wasn't so bad, was it," says the nurse, "The tests showed five mature follicles and one immature potential mother."

Mimi worries about what might happen during the pregnancy, "What if I can't work. What we are doing could wind up being irresponsible."

"Two morons getting married was irresponsible in the first place," says Shawn, "But we decided this is what we want to do."

Mimi said, "We just talked to some lady at the Green Mountain Lodge, and decided to try the procedure. We didn't go on a honeymoon and now it might take us 20 years to get to Paris. I just want to be sure we aren't rushing in. Are we being a little selfish?"

Shawn says, "I think wanting to have a child is a little selfish. We are going to be great parents."

"Yeah," says Mimi, "Assuming we are going to be parents.

Shawn thinks she's getting a little too nervous. He turns to the nurse and says, "I thought the sedative should have kicked in by now."

"Nothing ever goes well for me," says Mimi, "I know the odds are less than 50-50."

Shawn reassures her, "We'll keep trying then."

"I can't wait to be a mom," says Mimi.

"I never thought I would be a father," says Shawn. Mimi squirms.

Alex says John would do anything to get Marlena back, "He was arrested for administering a drug responsible for the suicide of Lois Banks. He tried to shoot me at the church. You're trying to tell me he loves Marlena, but he was going to shoot me with her standing right next to me. Just call Roman, Patrick. He will verify all of this."

Marlena remembers how much she loves John. John tells her, "Alex is responsible. Once he is out of our lives we can try to get back everything I thought we had lost."

Lexie thinks this is sweet of Abe. "It's no trouble," he says, "I want a fresh start tonight. There is nothing more important to me than my family. I know you are doing everything you can to eliminate stress. Maybe I cause all of it."

Lexie remembers her conversation with Sami as they hug, "That's not true Abe. It's not your fault."

"Thank you for cutting me some slack," says Abe, "I know my impotence affects both of us. The way I've been feeling sorry for myself isn't helping. I want you to know how much I love you." Kiss.

Theo comes up, "Oh, you love each other!"

"Yes we do and we love you too," says Abe. He sees Theo's book, 'Eddie gets a baby brother, but Theo doesn't.'

Theo asks, "Can I have a baby brother?"

Abe says, "I'll have to read you this book some other time." Lexie takes him to bed. Theo that is.

"Everyone is on to you now, Kate," says Sami, "There is nothing you can do to me."

"Don't be so sure," snarls Kate.

Austin referees, "Mom, stop it."

"The woman is a monster," says Kate.

Lucas chimes in, defending Sami. Carrie says, "What Sami has done is in the past. She has been nothing but supportive of me since I came to Salem and has turned her life around."

Austin says, "She has become the person I want her to be."

"You are all insane," says Kate.

"True," says Austin, "But that's beside the point."

Will walks in and asks, "What the hell is going on?"

The nurse hands Shawn a cup, "Time to do your part."

Mimi says, "You were there for me during my egg harvesting. Would you like me to be there with you..."

Shawn shouts, "NO... Thank you."

Giggles.

He goes into the next room. After a few seconds, he sticks his head out of the door and says, "Do you have an instruction manual?

Hope tells Alex, "Roman knows you're dangerous."

Alex says, "If he had any evidence of that do you think he would have let me leave Salem with his ex-wife, the love of his life? He knows John is the threat."

"Roman doesn't trust you," insists Hope.

"Let's hope you don't find out the hard way you are wrong," says Alex, "Thanks to you, Marlena has been kidnapped by the man who was once Stefano DiMera's chief mercenary." He turns to Patrick, "We're going to have to split up and try to find them."

Patrick asks Hope to call the airport and see if John's private jet has taken off. Hope walks off.

Alex says, "Don't hesitate to use your gun on John. I am paying you. I want him dead!"

Hope makes a call.

John says, "Tell me everything you remember."

Marlena says, "I remember so much of our life together. It's like the floodgates have opened up."

"I'm here," says John, "No one is going to hurt you."

Marlena looks down at her necklace, "I know how much I love you, but Alex will never hurt me."

John says, "Marlena..." But his phone interrupts things.

"John, it's Hope. Alex is out looking for you. Where are you?"

"It's better if you don't know," says John, "If North comes near Marlena I will kill him."

Lexie tells Abe not to let what Theo said get him down. Abe would love to give Theo a little brother or sister. Lexie doesn't even know if she's ready for another child right now, "Do you think our Theo is ready to share his parents, toys, grandmother. He has no idea what he'd be getting into. Don't get all frustrated."

"I know," says Abe, "I don't want to ruin the evening. It's tough when I keep being reminded. Sometimes when I get down on myself I couldn't blame you if you wanted a divorce."

Lexie says, "You are every bit the man I fell in love with. That man is strong and confident." The doorbell rings.

Tek stands at the door, "Can Lexie come out and play? "

He comes in and gives case files to Abe.

Lexie asks, "Can't this wait until tomorrow." Of course not. The timer dings. Abe has to go get the crab cakes.

Meanwhile, Tek goes for the cheesecake. He asks, "What's wrong? Did Abe do something to upset you? You don't deserve this, Lexie, and Abe does not deserve a tramp like you."

Prevuze

Lucas tells Will to watch his tongue. They all give Will the news about Sami and Austin. He approves, "It's the next best thing to her marrying Dad."

"It's my worst nightmare," says Kate.

"That's what we live for," says Sami.

Will begs Kate not to break this up. Austin tells Kate there is nothing she can do to mess it up. Sami remembers her conversation with Lexie.

"Sami is pathologically incapable of being honest," says Kate.

Lucas tells Kate, "I want you to knock it off or else Austin, Carrie, Will and I will never have anything to do with you again."

Kate says, "Well, that's tempting..."

Shawn asks what is next. "After eighteen hours we'll know," says the nurse.

He senses something is wrong, "Is there a problem?"

"This is DOOL and it's a pregnancy. Of course there is a problem," she says, "I was only able to harvest one egg. The odds just got a little lower." Mimi huffs.

Hope tells John to get Marlena back to Salem. "We're out of here," says John.

Marlena the idiot is hesitant, "John, I know I love you but I'm married to Alex."

John asks, "Are you telling me you remember everything, but not how he treated you."

Marlena remembers demon Alex slapping her around.

"Trust me," says John, "We have to get out of here."

"I'm married to him," says brainless, "I have to tell him. I owe him that much."

Hope tells Patrick she didn't call the airport. She's peeved because Patrick helped Alex. Patrick asks, "Why should I trust John?"

"Because I trust you," says Hope, "You don't use drugs and mind control to on someone. The important thing is Marlena now knows she loves John."

"Where are they," says Patrick.

"I really don't know," says Hope, "When I was talking to John, I could hear the ocean in the background."

Patrick says, "That means they are in the changing tent where we..."

"Wherever they are we can't let Alex know," says Hope.

Too late. Alex overhears, "I already do. Thank you, Hope. Now John will be sorry." They all run out.

Lexie tells Tek, "Don't you dare make trouble."

Abe comes out. He needs clarification on some of the issues in the case files. As Tek walks toward Abe, he whispers, "I am the man you should be with."

"How are we gonna do this," asks Will, "Will we have a double wedding? I don't want to be the ring bearer. That's for babies."

"Speaking of babies," says Lucas... He drops the sibling bombshell. Will is thrilled. He turns to Sami, "You and Uncle Austin had better get to work."

Austin says, "That's Uncle Dad Austin."

"I really want another kid," says Sami, "I got detoured. Kate better not mess things up."

Austin says, "Everything we want will come true this time."

Lucas thinks it would be better if Kate left.

"Maybe you're right," says Kate, "I'm feeling physically ill." She and Lucas step outside. Lucas warns her again.

"I will never get used to the fact Sami is a part of our lives," says Kate, "Do you remember that time when you brought a snake home?"

"Yeah," says Lucas, "It was a harmless garter snake."

"No," says Kate, "It was poisonous. I didn't let you know that because I didn't want to frighten you. It's my duty to protect you."

"Sami isn't a snake," says Lucas.

"Yes she is," insists Kate, "Poisonous. I have to save Austin from her now. After I opened your eyes you didn't go back to her, did you? Can you say you would have been happier with her than you are going to be with Carrie? I know you and Austin haven't been the closest, but do you want to see him miserable? She's poison. I am going to stop her. You said you thought there was something going on with her and Lexie."

"I shouldn't have said anything about that," says Lucas, "I think you are the one who is poison. He goes back inside.

Kate seethes, "I brought down Sami before, it looks like I will have to do it again."

Shawn asks about their chances. The nurse tells them to focus on the healthy egg. They can always try again. The nurse asks if they want to see. Mimi looks into the microscope, "OMG... Babe, look at this."

The nurse says, "It may not look like much but that could be a peek at your son or daughter to be."

Abe and Tek discuss the papers. Doorbell. Kate. Here to pry. Tek and Abe go to the kitchen. Kate says, "It's about Sami."

"What about her," asks Lexie.

Kate is direct, "What does she have on you?"

Lexie reels, "I don't know what you are talking about."

"I know there is something going on," says Kate, "Lucas told me about the tension between you."

"That's because we don't like each other," says Lexie.

Kate says, "I know you feel like you have to hide it. Maybe I can help you. I would be on your side against Sami. I have never been more motivated. She is back in Austin's life again. I know you know something. One way or another I will find out."

Austin serves champagne. Sami says, "I just want everyone to know how much this means to me. I want to thank you all for giving me a second chance. Now we will live happily for all the Days Of Our Lives." She struggles to open the champagne bottle. It breaks.

Sami freaks, "OMG! This is such bad luck!"

"Yeah," says Austin, "This is our last bottle of champagne."

Sami is frantic, "Austin, I'm serious! This means I will never be happy!"

John tells Marlena she can't talk to Alex. Alex comes up behind them with a gun, "Right, John. The game is over. I think you've lost your edge. It's not like the hotshot ISA agent to get caught in a situation like this."

He hands the gun to Patrick, "It's time for you to earn your money."

"I knew you were working for him," growls John.

Alex urges Patrick on, "Is this a bad time, Pat? Shoot him."

Hope comes running up, "Patrick, what are you doing?"

Alex shouts, "What I paid him to do."

Hope says, "My God, Bo was right about you all along."

Pan in on the gun. FF.

Prevuze

Previews
========

Abe says, "I'm feeling a lot of guilt." Lexie asks, "For what?" Abe says, "Capitalizing on someone else's misfortune."

Bonnie asks, "You guys have any names picked out or anything like that." Mimi says, "Not really." Belle says, "Oh, come on! Shawn and I had a bunch of names picked out when we were dating."

Will says to Austin, "She's walked down the aisle a ton of times, but she's never made it to the honeymoon. What makes you think this will be any different?"

Lucas asks, "Why don't you create some good karma for yourself, Sami, and tell us all what you are really up to."

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Belle is either dumb as a doorknob or just rubbing it in Mimi's face.

5:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ahhhhh, Bulldog just stole my comment about it being no more than the next day for Jr/Mimi, but the same night down in Morgan Island. (Actually, I think it's the same day in Salem. That was one potent fertility shot!)

LOL at the Austin picture.

And "mature follicles"? I may be a little fuzzy on my high school biology class, but I thought the follicles were just those little suckers that propelled the eggs down the Fallopian tube. What would their maturity have to do with anything?? Except in contrast to everything else in this show (not mature and not propelling anything anywhere, especially a plot). HAHAHAHA

7:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Belle is either dumb as a doorknob or just rubbing it in Mimi's face." -- Or both.

12:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Blogarama     Globe Of Blogs