Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Thugery and Skullduggery

Shawn and Max are at the garage. Shawn works underneath a car as the brat walks in and tells Max she needs a favor. "That's typical," says Max, "You treat me like crap, and then act like nothing happened when you want something." She asks him to be a character witness at her trial since he's kind of a celebrity.

Shawn pops out from under the car, "What... So the judge will what let you walk?"

"Shawn," says the brat, "I didn't know you were here."

Shawn asks, "You think just because Max is a racecar driver they will let you outta jail?"

Austin asks Carrie, "You've made up your mind?" Yes, she has. Her future is with Lucas. Austin apologizes for putting them through this.

Sami comes in and overhears. Austin's sorry. Carrie's sorry. Lucas ain't sorry. They express their undying love. Kiss. Lucas and Carrie leave and bump into Sami on the way out. Sami... Austin... Staredown.

Back in his apartment, Lucas tells Carrie he's glad that is over. He asks if she is OK. No, she isn't.

John growls, "Here is your warning Alex North... If you hurt my wife, I will spend the rest of my life hunting you down."

Alex takes it in stride, "I will give your love to Marlena, John. Ta-ta. After he hangs up, Alex says, "Why don't you give up, John? You will never win."

John looks at his equipment, "Dammit! We didn't get the trace." Bo comes in and John tells him about the conversation, "I'm at the end of my rope. Nobody knows where he took her. How am I supposed to save her?" John storms out.

Patrick and Hope kiss. Marlena sees them, "Hope?"

"What an amazing coincidence," says Hope, "Marlena, are you all right?"

Alex steps out, "Of course she is all right... Small world..."

"What are you doing here," asks Hope.

"I suppose we could ask you the same question," says Alex, "But even more to the point, where is Bo?"

Austin sits and thinks. Sami offers to get him something. Austin is distant. He has to get back to work. She brings him a folder. She had a meeting with the head of marketing. Oh, we have a head of marketing now... She showed him her ideas about re-launching Highstyle. Austin likes it. He will green light it. AND, he has a new assignment for her.

Sami says she doesn't want a new assignment. She has a project she is working on for herself, "I need to move on with my life... without you."

Lucas and Carrie talk about the Austin thing. Lucas feels bad about what happened. But he's glad she's marrying him. Kiss. "I never wanted to hurt either one of you," says Carrie.

"I guess you just wanted to bore everyone to death, huh," he says, "You need to cheer up. I got something I think will help. Check this out. Feast your eyes." He hands her an envelope.

"Lucas," she gasps, "What is all this?"

Max tells Shawn to take it easy. Shawn ignores him. He laces into the brat and she runs out. Max thinks he was too harsh. Shawn doesn't.

Mimi comes in and tells him, "Maybe you should give Chelsea a break."

"What," says Shawn, "An arm or a leg? "

Alex didn't realize Patrick and Hope had run off together. Hope insists they didn't, "We just bumped into each other."

Alex says, "That must've been some bump. Chuckle. I mean, here you are, sharing a room."

"For your information," says Hope, "I left Bo."

"We have been out of touch with the happenings in Salem," says Alex, "But we just renewed out vows and are here on our honeymoon."

Hope asks Marlena not to tell anyone she and Patrick are there when she get back to Salem.

John plays the recording of the conversation for Bo, "If I coulda kept him on I could have traced him."

Bo says, "He didn't say anything about killing her."

John flings the phone, "Bo, he said it in so many words."

Caroline comes in. She brought chicken and dumplings. Bo says, "You didn't drive all the way down here to bring me lunch."

Caroline hesitates, "That's not the only reason. I talked to Hope."

Sami says Austin told her he thought Carrie would break up with Lucas to be with him. "It didn't really matter," she says, "Because you weren't sure you wanted to be with me. After everything I went through with Lucas, I couldn't put myself through that loss again. I love you, but I can't spend the rest of my life with a man who doesn't love me."

Austin says, "Carrie's heart wasn't in what she said. I felt like she was hiding something. It wasn't so much like she was choosing Lucas. It was like she was afraid to be with me. You're her sister... do you have any idea what I'm talking about, because I sure don't."

Sami flashes back to her conversation with Lexie. She lies, "I have no idea, but I know you haven't given up on her. You haven't accepted she doesn't want to be with you."

Carrie pulls brochures out of the envelope. She gets to choose where she wants to have the honeymoon. Lucas tells her, "My mom is paying for the whole thing." Carrie doesn't know how she feels about that. Lucas convinces her and Carrie chooses Venice because it's so much like she is... All wet.

Shawn tells Mimi he isn't going to make nice with Chelsea. He rants, "She is the most selfish person I know. I hate her."

Mimi says, "She loved Zack, too."

"She barely knew him," says Shawn, "We have to live with what she did for all the Days Of Our Lives. I don't want to talk about this. How was your day?"

For once in her life, Mimi is a woman of few words, "Fine."

Shawn asks, "Did you have another appointment at the hospital?"

"That's not until later," says Mimi, "I stopped by to see if you want to go to Buddy's for lunch."

"We can't," says the grease monkey, "This show doesn't have a set for Buddy's. Besides, we're swamped."

"No," says Mimi, "You look like you came from a swamp."

They are both asking for more hours at their respective jobs, and Mimi will be working part-time at the Java Café on weekends. They need the money for the baby.

"We can always dip into the trust fund," says Shawn.

"No," Mimi insists, "That money is for the baby's college."

Shawn says, "We could always use the money Gram gave us."

"No, I want to do this on our own," says Mimi.

They decide they are exactly where they want to be in life. Hugs.

Shawn has to get back to work on the car. He mentions it is failing when it's idling."

Mimi asks, "Did you check the carburetor, you know, that thing they haven't put in cars since the mid-eighties.

Yes," says Shawn, "even though it doesn't have one, and I changed the spark plugs."

"Well," says Ms. Goodwrench, "The vacuum hose has come loose from the intake. That's your problem."

"There's a screw loose around here somewhere," says Shawn, "But I don't think it's in the car."

Chelsea is worried. Max tells her she will get through this. He says she should stop hanging out at the clubs, getting her picture in the paper and stop picking up guys she doesn't even know, "Promise me you will stop running wild when you are bored or scared. I'll be there for you."

"Even if it causes problems with Shawn," she asks.

"I won't let that happen," says Max.

Marlena can't believe Hope is there with Patrick. Hope tells her about the divorce. Marlena asks if that is what Hope really wants. "Yes," says Hope, "And Patrick had nothing to do with it." Hope asks about Marlena and Alex. Marlena says she still has amnesia but she is OK. Hope says, "You don't seem like my old friend. There is something about you and Alex that isn't right."

"We are very happy," insists Marlena, "It's a good thing the ceremony was small because it was almost Alex' funeral. John tried to kill him."


Caroline can't believe what Hope and Bo are going through. She tells him about her conversation with Hope. Hope wouldn't listen. She can't tell him where she got Hope's number.

Patrick comes to Alex' door. Alex says, "I wondered when you might be making contact."

"You say you have a job for me," says Patrick, "But I'm not in that line of work any more. How did you find me, anyway?"

"I looked you up in the yellow pages," says Alex, "I looked under 'Thugery' and 'Skullduggery.' You need me as much as I need you. But any man who's slick enough to steal Hope from Bo is a man I want on my side. If you want to stay in Hope's life, you're going to need my help."

Prevuze

The brat and Max hug. "You are amazing. You haven't given up on me," she says.

"You don't make it all that easy," he sighs.

"I'm sorry," says the brat, "To have you believe in me... I could almost cry. You're like my guardian angel." Kiss.

Mimi tells Shawn, "Patrick taught me about car repair, before I was born, when they had carburetors. She can't believe Bo thinks Patrick had something to do with Alma's death, "Patrick has had many women, but she is the only one he was really serious about."

Shawn tries the car. Bingo. "Sounds great thinks to you." The miraculous mechanic notices a loose oil cap. She points it out to Shawn. He tries to tighten it and it gushes oil all over them. Laughter and oil.

Carrie and Lucas maul each other.

Austin leans out the window, "You're right Carrie has moved on."

"And I am going to move on, too," says Sami, "I chased you for so long... and then Brandon... Lucas... I went from relationship to relationship and they all ended in disaster. I'm tired of being a pathetic loser."

"You aren't a loser."

"Starting today I am changing my life," says Sami, "When I realized how hooked you are on Carrie I realized I had to get out of your life and I have to ask you to get out of mine."

"Stop it," says Austin.

"Don't try to change my mind," says Sami, "I have to stop chasing after false hopes. Our relationship is not real. I would like you to move out."

"You are important to me," says Austin, "You are a great friend."

"Yeah," says Sami, "A real pal. I really don't want your pity. That's the only reason you got involved with me."

"You're wrong," he insists, "Look at me... Look at me... Don't you know I care about you? Always have. Can't you see it?"

Alex tells Patrick, "Don't get me wrong. I'm sure you're catnip to the ladies, but you will need more than a handsome mug and a hard body to keep Hope interested."

"Hope and I have no trouble communicating," says Patrick.

"I am talking about your bank account," says Alex, "You like the good life. That requires money."

"Hope isn't high maintenance," says Patrick.

"Give them half an chance and all women are high maintenance," says Alex, "I am making you a proposition. I have certain plans that require an ally. Let's just say the plans aren't quite kosher."

"I take it you aren't referring to the dietary law," says Patrick, "You have to be more specific."

"All in due time," says Alex, "In the meantime, let me offer you a small advance. He takes out a briefcase full of money and fans through a stack of 100s.

Hope tells Marlena, "John wouldn't do something like this unless he thought you were in danger. You have to go back to Salem as soon as you can."

Bo begs Caroline for Hope's phone number. She accidentally on purpose drops her purse and he conveniently finds Hope's number, "Thanks Mom."

"For what," she asks as she picks up the basket, "I guess you aren't going to eat this. I'll put it in the fridge." She leaves. Bo contemplates his phone.

Shawn and Mimi clean up. Shawn thinks she saved his butt by helping with the car, "Is there anything you aren't good at."

"The truth," she says, "And cooking."

"Are there any other secrets you are keeping form me," asks Shawn.

"Choke."

Max tells the brat not to forget their conversation. She has to be going, but she feels better. Things just might work out.

Carrie. Lucas. Afterglow. Lucas says she makes him happy. She thinks the same thing. Back for dessert.

Sami asks, "Are you saying you care about me more than as a friend?"

"I don't make love to women who are just friends," says Austin.

"You know that is what I want to hear," says Sami.

He warns her, "I still have feelings for Carrie."

"You love us both," she says, "That means we are back to where we started."

"I will move on from her," promises Austin, "It will take time. She's in my past. You and me... I hope that will be the future. Here's the deal, I'm not rushing into anything. If we're going to have a relationship we will do it the right way."

"That's what I wanted to hear," says Sami, "I love you and I will do anything for you."

"OK," he says, "We will take this nice and slow."

Caroline talks to John on the way out. John tells Caroline he still can't track Marlena down, but won't give up. "You are in my prayers," says Caroline as she leaves.

"I think it will take more than prayer," says John.

Alex hands Patrick the money, "I'll be in touch." Patrick leaves, looks at the money and sighs.

Marlena asks, "Why does everyone keep trying to push John on me?"

"He is trying to protect you," says Hope. Hope hears her phone ringing. She goes back to her room and asks Patrick to answer it, "I'm sure it's Jennifer."

"Hello," says Patrick.

Hope pipes in, "Is it Jen?"

Bo explodes, "Hello... Lockhart? Is that you? What the hell are you doing with my wife? ANSWER ME, DAMMIT! " FF.


Previews
========

Hope is on the phone with Bo. She says, "OK, fine... one question." Bo pops the big one, "Have you been sleeping with Lockhart?"

Shawn is on the phone, "I feel like I've been waiting forever, but promise me... don't do anything to make Mimi suspicious." Wide-eyed Mimi listens.

Frankie asks John, "So what's the plan." John says, "I'm going to get to that island and rescue my wife before Alex kills her."

Alex tells Patrick, "You help me eliminate John Black... I help you get rid of Bo Brady.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whew! Was afraid Prevuze wasn't going to open for me today. Even without pictures, it was a treasure trove of goodies:
- Austin sitting and thinking....a picture of "The Thinker" with Austin's head on it popped into my mind. HHAHAHA
- Frick & Frack the Car Talk brothers really have some stiff competition there with Shimi.
-Carrie boring everyone to death.
- and the "Most Likely Statement to Be Ignored" for the day - Austin telling Sami they would "take things nice and slow". Like, what? Maybe wait a whole Salem Day before popping the question? HAHAHAHA

9:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I get a kick out of Kate offerring to foot the bill for all these extravagent weddings/honeymoons (Lumi, Shimi, Carcas). You think perhaps it's because she knows she won't ever have to actually shell out for any of them?? HAHAHAHA

12:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Blogarama     Globe Of Blogs