Tuesday, January 03, 2006

My Little Angel

Lexie tends to Claire. Phillip asks, "You're sure she's not in pain?"

Lexie says, "The medication is keeping her comfortable. She is suffering from acute liver failure and cirrhosis plasticitis. She can't hold up much longer."

"She's not gonna die if we find a miracle," says Belle.

"I'm afraid," says Lexie, "at this time it would take a miracle."

"Then a miracle is just what we'll get," says Belle, "God gave me a sign." Belle flashes back to the sign – a star on a stick. Not God's best effort.

Shawn and Mimi watch, and then turn to leave. Outside, they hug as Bonnie comes in and watches the tender moment, "That's my girl, Meems."

Victor tells Kate, "Shawn has a right to know. He should have a chance to hold his daughter in his arms. You're not gonna talk me out of this. Promising you was a mistake. I intend to correct it."

Kate says, "I can't let you do that."

Alex runs upstairs at the penthouse, as the evil Dr. Banks is poised to strike. He can't get in the door so he tries the ledge. John sneaks in. Lois stands with the scissors above her head. John aims at Alex, "FREEZE!"

"No," yells Alex, "I have to get to Marlena before it's too late."

"Stop or I'll shoot," yells John. BANG! Alex takes a tumble. Marlena wakes with a start and asks Lois what she is doing there. John rushes in and asks the same thing.

Bo comforts Chelsea. "You must think I'm the biggest loser in the world," says the biggest loser in the world.

"It's no big deal," says the second-biggest loser in the world.

"Yes it is," whines the little brat, "They could take my license away. Flashing red lights fill the scene. "It's the cops. Dad, what am I gonna do?" Bo shushes her.

Hope cries over Zach's crumpled body.

Bo says, "It's not the cops, it's Max with a tow truck." Max comes up and they fill him in.

The little snot blubbers, "It wasn't my fault wahwahwah!"

Bo clarifies, "She said the wheel was shaking so much she couldn't control the truck."

Chelsea tells Bo, "I hated to bother you but..."

Bo comforts her, "You didn't do it on purpose."

Max says, "She sure has a way with cars. Remind me not to ride with you again."

"That's not funny," says the brat.

Max looks at the truck, "You have a busted light. It looks like you have an insurance claim on your hands."

"NO," yells Chelsea, "No one can know!"

Hope pleads with Zach to hold on. Mrs. Morrison comes up and asks what happened, "I tucked him in myself."

"DON’T TOUCH HIM," screams Hope.

"How did this happen," asks Mrs. Morrison, "I put him to bad myself."

Hope says, "What matters now is we need to get him help. Go dial 911."

Mrs. Morrison runs into the house.

Zach moans, "Mama..."

Hope sobs, "Everything is going to be fine, baby."

Shawn and Mimi talk. Mimi asks, "Why is this happening, Shawn?"

"They won't lose her," says Shawn, "They will find a donor."

"You and Belle are so sure a miracle will happen," says Mimi, "I hope you are right."

Kate begs Victor not to tell Phillip the truth. Victor says Belle and Phillip love each other. Kate says that doesn't mean their marriage will survive. Kate asks what this will do to Phillip. "He is strong," says Victor, "He will deal with it. Shawn, however, would never get over it."

Kate begs, "If I have ever meant anything to you, you won't do this."

"I have to Kate." That settles that.

Kate tries again, "Please, not now. Just wait."

"No," says Victor, "I have to tell Shawn, and I have to tell him now. If I were you, I'd talk to Phillip now."

Victor tells Shawn they need to talk in private.

Mimi leaves to talk to Bonnie. Mimi fills her in on Claire's condition. Bonnie tries to be upbeat, "Babies can surprise you. They are very resilient. Your father dropped you on your head at least three or four times."

"That explains a lot," says Mimi. I wasn't going to say a word. Well... yes I was.

"I almost died when you were born," says Bonnie, "Now you are my beautiful strong girl."

Mimi elaborates, "They are thinking of taking her off life support. They are keeping her alive waiting for a last minute miracle that almost definitely isn't going to happen. If they lose her I don't know how they will deal with it. And Shawn is taking it so hard."

"Then you will have to be there for each other," says Bonnie.

Mimi tells her, "He said he now realizes how precious life is."

Bonnie pushes, "That's why you have to do what you can to secure a future with him."

"I don't have to do anything. He proposed to me. "Bonnie covers her mouth and tries to contain herself.

Kate goes in to Claire's room. She takes Phillip aside, "I need to talk to you."

Phillip says, "Now is not the best time, Mom."

Kate says, "You need to prepare yourself, because I have some pretty devastating news."

John asks Lois again. Marlena jumps in, "Lois came by because she was upset, and didn't want to be alone."

John asks, "What are you doing in her bedroom?"

"I heard a noise," says Lois, "So I came in to check on her."

John turns to Marlena, "Someone was about to break in. I was protecting you form your so called husband. He escaped. He was coming here to kill you."

Marlena insists, "That's crazy."

"No," says John, "That isn't crazy, he is."

Marlena says, "I don't believe that at all. Alex wouldn't hurt me."

"He had a gun and was outside on the ledge," says John, "I stopped him."

"How," asks Marlena. She gasps. "That gunshot. You shot him."

John raises his eyebrows and says proudly, "I really didn't have any choice."

Marlena says, "I have to call a doctor."

"Marlena," says John, "He went off the ledge. He's gone. You've got nothin' more to fear. Alex North is dead." Again.

Pan to Alex lying cold and dead in the snow. NO! Thumb twitch!

The cops arrive and check Alex. Marlena and John come up. Marlena freaks. John identifies himself, "Black, John Black, ISA, licensed to fly off the handle, shaken – not stirred." He tells the cops Alex was trying to break in. "I used lethal force," he crows, "Simple as that."

Lois runs out and asks, "Is he dead?"

The paramedic says, "No, he's still alive. The entrance awning broke his fall."

Bo tells Max about signing for Chelsea to get a temporary permit. Chelsea doesn't want an insurance claim. Bo decides to take the truck to Max' garage and see what the damage is. Bo starts to call Hope. Devilchild doesn't want him to.

Hope tells Zach help is on the way, as the sirens wail in the distance. Zach cries. Hope puts her coat over him, "No, baby, don't go to sleep. Stay strong for Mommy and Daddy." Zach whimpers. Hope cries, "My little angel. My little guy. Mommy loves you more than I could ever tell you. You know that, right? Help is coming."

Bonnie hugs Mimi, "You and Shawn Kiriakis Brady getting hitched!"

"Mom," says Mimi, "We're keeping it a secret. Don't go blabbing it."

Bonnie agrees, "All right. I know busting out the champagne would be inappropriate now."

Mimi says, "I just can't believe it."

"We Lockhart women always get our men," says Bonnie, "Keeping them is a problem though..."

Mimi says, "Right now, being there for Belle and Phillip is the important thing."

Belle tells Kate they're not giving up hope.

Kate says, "I pray you're right, but we have to prepare..."

Belle stops her cold, "No. We have to have faith. God gave her to me for a reason. He won't take her from us." Phillip hugs Belle as Kate stares.

Shawn tells Victor he keeps thinking about JT. He wants to know what Belle and Phillip did to deserve this. He would do anything to help them.

"You're really attached to that little girl aren't you," asks Victor.

"Yeah," says Shawn, "I have a strong connection to her. She made me realize how much I want kids. I can't wait to start a family and be a dad. That's why I asked Mimi to marry me."

That crashing sound you hear is Victor's jaw hitting the floor, "You what?"

"I proposed to Mimi," says Shawn, "I'm getting married."

"Are you sure you want to do this," asks Victor, "Are you sure you aren't in love with Belle?"

The paramedics examine Alex. They have to get him stabilized before they will really know what his condition is.

"I'm sorry he's not dead," snorts John.

That upsets Marlena, "He warned me not to be alone with Dr. Banks. Why would he say that?"

Dr. Banks butts in, "It's simple Marlena. I knew the truth about him. He didn't come here to kill you. He was after me."

John growls, "He would have taken out both of you." He turns to Marlena, "If he can't have you, he's going to make damn sure no one can." Marlena watches as they tend to Alex.

The little snot doesn't want Bo to tell Hope because then Hope will be on her case more than ever.

Bo vows, "I'm not gonna keep secrets form her."

Chelsea shovels right through that crock, "Did you tell her about my temporary license or loaning me the truck? Not telling someone isn't the same as lying. Can we just keep this our little secret?"

The cops have arrived to assist Hope. They radio for help and get the bad, but predictable news: the paramedics are working on Alex. All other units are busy. They'll be there whenever they can free up a unit.

John doesn't want Marlena to go with Alex. She says he can't stop her.

The cop tells Hope all paramedic units are busy. Hope wants to take Zach to the hospital herself. They urge her not to, since that could do more damage. Hope is determined. She tells Mary to get her car. Hope dials her phone. She leaves a message for Shawn to get Lexie and meet her in the trauma center.

Lexie gets a page to the E.R.

Kate tells Phillip and Belle they have to pray for a miracle. Then she puts her spin on things, "It's not just a child keeping you together. I know your love would see you through anything."

"You're right," says Belle, "Noting will ever come between us."

"I'm relieved to hear that," says Kate, "because I have to tell you something."

Phillip stops her, "Mom, we could use some time alone."

"I understand," Kate leaves.

Bonnie agrees nothing is more important than being there for Belle and Phillip, "You and Shawn have your entire lives together..."

"I hope so," sighs Mimi, "I hope nothing happens this time."

Shawn runs through the convoluted family relationships with Victor, "A part of me will always love Belle just like a part of you will always love my grandmother, but you can't do anything because she's married to my grandfather the same way Belle is married to Phillip. And it goes without saying, Mimi is amazing and she's beautiful and she loves me, so..."

Victor asks the important question, "Do you love Mimi?"

Shawn says without hesitation, "I do. And I know she'll be good for me. So you don't have to worry. I think I can have the life I always thought I'd have."

A nurse tells Shawn his mom wants him to meet her in the trauma center. "OMG," he says, "Why? This could be my dad."

"Let's not jump to any conclusions," says Victor.

"I have to go," says Shawn.

Mimi asks Victor where Shawn went. Victor explains.

They bring Alex in. Lexie asks what happened.

John is matter-of-fact, "He came at Marlena with a gun so I took care of business."

They wheel Alex away.

Marlena and John argue about Alex. John insists, "If I hadn't shot him you'd be dead right now. Think about that!"

Lois thinks about it. Flashback to the scene in the penthouse. The gunshot interrupts her foul deed. She says, "Marlena, John is right. If it weren't for that gunshot, you'd be murdered in your sleep."

Mimi is worried about Shawn. Bonnie tells her to go find him. Mimi says, "I don't want to be in the way."

Bonnie says, "You're practically a part of the family now. Go support him. Just like he's been there for Belle." Mimi leaves.

Kate watches Belle and Phillip and prays, "Please, God, let there be a miracle." Victor comes up and asks if she told him. Kate says she didn't. Victor says he didn't get the chance to tell Shawn, "But he needs to know the truth." Kate stares.

Lexie works on Alex. Marlena asks how he is. Lexie says, "His condition is very critical, Marlena."

John chews his gum with the confidence that with Lexie as his doctor, Alex' chances are slim.

Max says they could probably fix the damage, "So there won't have to be a police report... So no one needs to know about this."

Bo lectures the brat. She's not off the hook for the driving lessons, "An automobile can be a deadly weapon. Even when you're doing everything right like you were tonight, accidents happen." Who's going to lecture Bo the idiot about putting self-centered airheads behind the wheel of these deadly weapons? I have a feeling at some point, Hope might jump in and do that.

Chelsea flashes back to the accident. She vows to finish the lessons. Bo is proud of her. He says he won't tell anyone about what happened here. Chelsea is soooo grateful, "Thank you, Dad. You're the best! I knew I could count on you."

Max turns away and says, "Chelsea dodges another one."

Shawn is in the trauma center wondering what is going on. Hysterical Hope runs in carrying Zach's limp body. They wheel Zach into emergency surgery as Hope wails, "OMG! I CAN'T LOSE MY BABY!" Shawn restrains her.




Previews
========

Lois tells Marlena, "If he recovers and you welcome him back with open arms, it is only a matter of time before he kills you." Marlena huffs.

Bo hugs Hope and vows, "Whoever did this to our little boy... we'll find him."

Shawn says, "What kind of person would hit a little kid and just keep driving?" Chelsea's face comes into the scene.

Sami asks Austin, "So you really think things will work out with you and Carrie, huh?" Austin smiles, "Yeah."

Lucas asks Carrie, "It looks like you and Austin will have a future together, huh?" Carrie beams, "Yes."

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lizzie Borden took an axe,
Gave her parents forty whacks;
Chelsea Benson took a truck,
Squished her brother into the muck.

6:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yet another fabulous reader contribution - not only Lexi's picture (and Prevuze' great caption) but Nicky's poem above. LOL

Luckily I've learned not to actually have any liquid in my mouth while reading Prevuze, otherwise it would have come spraying out at the quip of John being "licensed to fly off the handle, shaken--not stirred" and at Alex's chances being slim since Lexi is his doctor. We can say the same thing about Zach's future.

I wish Alex would slap an aggravated assault or attempted murder charge on Squints. That might take the edge off John's smug attitude for a minute or two.

Great Prevuze today!

6:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jack Spratt could eat no fat
His wife could eat no lean.
Zach's splat has left him flat
That Chelsea is so mean.

9:36 AM  
Blogger Prevuze said...

All right, Mr. Nicky and Mr. Frog. Do I have to separate you two? The Blog Nazi can make you dissappear, you know. Let's play nice.

10:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LMAO - Too funny! Nicky & Frog's contributions will have to be added to the Dazed Nursery Tales that were posted some time ago.

10:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Blogarama     Globe Of Blogs