Thursday, January 05, 2006

It's Over

Frankie flashes back to Jennifer telling him he's going to stay. Jennifer comes in and wonders why he is up so late. He remembered he has nothing left to wear so he's doing laundry. She's up because she can't sleep. It's the middle of the night – time to make cookies.

Jennifer says, "Hey I wanted to tell you, I'm glad you decided to stay." Frankie stares.

Marlena rushes in looking for Dr. North. Visiting hours are over. Marlena protests.

Belle sees her, "Mom! You came after all!" Hugs.

Alex hovers between life and death. He dreams about Lois beating Marlena. Lois screams, "You think you can take my man? You can't have him!" Back to, ahem, reality. Alex' machines beep as Lois stares down at him.

The cops search around Max' garage. Inside, Max looks over the truck. Chelsea flashes back to the accident, "I just wish I knew what I hit."

"Probably a pothole," says Max.

The little snot wonders, "What if it was a dog or cat?"

"I hate to tell you," says Max, "But if you hit a dog or cat with this thing, it wouldn't survive."

Shawn is upset. He can't believe this is happening. Mimi tells him to have faith. God isn't exactly on Shawn's good side right now.

Bo and Hope fret. Bo tries to comfort her. He vows to find the monster that did this.

The surgeons work on Zach. Lexie tells him he'll get through this. Another doc asks if she is OK. She assures him she is, as sweat drips from her brow.

The little scum ramps up the whining. She goes through the dog/cat theory again. Max gets a call. It's the news about Zach. He tells Chelsea Zach has been in an accident. They rush to the hospital.

The cop peers into the garage and sees an SUV.

Shawn is berserk. Mimi tries to calm him down. No go. Bo says he's going to call the station and see if they have any leads on who did this. Hope breaks down, "I got angry with him this morning. What if that is what he is remembering right now? We promised we'd see him in the morning."

Bo says, "That's a promise you're going to keep."

Hope flashes back to taking Zach to see Santa, then to Zach being Santa. Doug and Julie rush in. So sad. Bo vows to find the bastard. Doug says Lexie will not give up on Zach. "Oh God, I want to believe that," cries Hope.

Frankie and Jennifer banter about him staying. When his leg is healed he will go back to DC. Jennifer says, "I don't want you to go back."

"After Jack died," says Frankie, "you made it clear you weren't comfortable with me here."

"I feel comfortable," says Jennifer, "I just don't want to become dependent on you."

Frankie chuckles, "It's me who's dependent on you. You want me to stay, I will. It's your call."

"I want you to stay."

Belle is sooooo glad Marlena is there.

Alex' monitor beeps. Lois the lunatic says, "It's not healthy for you to get so excited. Did you really think you could protect Marlena from me?"

Flashback to Marlena's beating. Alex discovers her. The beaten Marlena wails, "She hurt me!" Lois comes into the room.

As the monitor beeps, Lois says, "It's been a long time coming, Alex, but I finally won." She hides as a nurse enters.

The nurse tells Alex, "You need to calm down or else you'll make yourself worse." She injects something into the IV to help him rest, then leaves.

Lois goes into action. She says, "Whatever that nurse gave you may help you rest, but I have something that will make sure you never wake up."

The cops go into the garage. One of them checks the license plate. The other cop says, "The paint matches the fragments we found at the scene. The parking light is broken and the tire tread looks right, too. This is definitely the vehicle that hit Zach Brady."

The other cop says, "And it's registered to detective Bo Brady."

Julie hugs Shawn. He walks off. Mimi tells Julie Shawn is mad at God. Julie adds her words of comfort.

Mimi blurts it out, "I can't watch the man I'm going to marry suffer like this."

Julie catches on right away, "You're getting married?"

Bo gets off the phone with the station as Shawn walks up to him. No leads. Shawn and Bo talk. Max and Chelsea come up.

Doug tries to rationalize things. "What if he doesn't make it," asks Hope.

"'What if's' never helped anyone," says Doug, "We have to stay positive." Alice agrees. Hugs.

Lexie and the team of surgeons work, "The ICP is increasing!"

One of the surgeons says, "It's too late, Lexie. Too much trauma to the brain."

Lexie screams, "FAILURE IS NOT AN OPTION WITH THIS PATIENT. HE IS GOING TO LIVE! DO YOU UNDERSTAND?"

Jennifer brings the cookies out of the oven. She says she wants to talk to Frankie, "There is a reason why I don't want to rely on you. I don't want to be dependent on any man. It feels like I'm cheating on Jack. He was so real when I saw him in the garden. He told me it was OK to move on. He wanted me to move on with you. I guess I don't need to be afraid, right?"

"No one will ever replace Jack," says Frankie, "But it doesn't matter. I am here because I am your friend. And I have the hots for you."

She tries to hug him. He backs off. He says he hasn't tried to shower with the cast yet. Jennifer says she's glad to hear that. She was hoping the cookies didn't smell like that. They chuckle.

Jennifer asks, "Can I help you shower?"

Frankie does a double-take, "I don't think... yeah."

Belle and Marlena go into Claire's room. Belle hates not being able to hold her. Marlena says, "I can't even imagine what you are going through. I'm so sorry I wasn't here for you. You are my daughter."

Belle whines, "I can't stand the pain."

"Amnesia may keep me from remembering," says Marlena, "But I know you are my daughter. And I know I love you. I hate to see you go through this." Hugs.

Looney Lois sneers, "Get ready for your final good night, Alex."

Flashback. Lois says, "I'm going to take care of both of you once and for all. It isn't over until I hurt you like you hurt me." The men in white coats grab Lois and take her away kicking and screaming. Alex tells Marlena the ordeal is over.

Lois prepares the hypo, "It's déjà vu all over again, isn't it, Alex? First I'll take care of you, then I'll get Marleeeeeena."

The cop concludes the SUV must have been stolen. "Maybe he didn't see him," says the other cop.

Mimi tells Julie they have decided to keep the engagement a secret. Julie says, "Maybe this is the thing the family needs right now. I always thought he would..."

"...wind up with Belle," asks Mimi.

"I'm sorry," says Julie, "Yes. I think this is how you learn you love someone – when their pain hurts more than your own."

Chelsea, Max, Shawn and Bo talk about Zach. The little scumbag would do anything to save Zach. Bo says, "Right now, there is nothing anyone can do."

The little brat whines, "It's not fair," and runs out. Max chases.

Hope blames herself. She shouldn't have arranged the sleepover. She should have taught him not to go into the street. Doug tells her blaming herself won't help Zach, "We need to put our trust in God."

"God doesn't care about this family," snaps Shawn.

Meanwhile, in surgery, the MRI results come in. Not good. Lexie puts a drain in.

The other doc says, "He will be brain dead. It's irreversible. It's over." He orders them to close.

Lexie won't give up, "He was awake when Hope brought him in! This can't be happening!"

The surgeon says, "He had a massive head trauma. He really never had a chance. You have to let him go."

"No," yells Lexie, "I have to save him!"

"You are a doctor," says the surgeon, "You are not God." Lexie breaks down.

Frankie wraps himself in a towel and plastic. Jennifer comes in to help, dressed in her PJ's. She promises not to peek. She won't get wet because he will be between her and the water. She starts the shower. Frankie gets in. Jennifer stares at the ceiling as Frankie showers. Of course, he slips and falls. They wind up on the floor in a compromising position. Face stare.

Lois starts to inject Alex but hears Belle and Marlena talking. She goes to the window and watches as Marlena says, "I love you Belle. No matter what we go through, I am always your mother."

Lois says, "God works in mysterious ways, Alex. I think I'll use this on Marlena while I have the chance. You're not going anywhere, are you..."

Marlena tells Belle they will get through this together. Hugs.

Frankie and Jennifer start to kiss then pull away. "That was close," says Jennifer. Frankie finishes up while Jennifer goes to dry off. Frankie staggers.

Jennifer paces. She lectures herself in the mirror, "Your husband is barely dead and you convince yourself his ghost told you to move on with someone else. You were in that shower with him and you wanted him to kiss you." Frankie watches.

Belle stands over Claire's crib, "Your grandma was just here. She knows how special you are. She reminded me of my own strength and gave me hope. Mothers give their daughters hope. And that's what I'm giving you. You will get your miracle."

Lois stalks with the hypo. She comes up behind Marlena.

Lexie staggers and sniffles. She removes her blood-drenched gloves. The surgeon comes up behind her and offers to tell the family.

"They are my friends," says Lexie, "I should tell them." The surgeon leaves. Lexie picks up the phone and dials, "Abe, it's me. I'm at the hospital. I need you."

The cops come in to the hospital, "How are we going to tell detective Brady it was his own vehicle that hit his son?"

Shawn rails against God. Hope tells him, "We can spend all the Days Of Our Lives trying to figure this out and we may never know why it happened, but we always have our family. That's a gift form God. Maybe he is testing us. There is nothing we can do about that other than live our lives the best we can. We will focus our energy and prayers to Zach."

"Amen," says Alice.

Bo comes up behind Hope and gives her a hug. He sees Lexie come out. Max and Chelsea come back into the waiting area. Everyone looks at Lexie. They can see it in her face. Lexie cries.

Hope is hysterical, "NO! NO! NO! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! "


Previews
========

Frankie watches as Jack says on video, "You promised, and I know Jennifer loved you once. And I know, in time, she can again."

Mimi tells Shawn, "We will catch this person and put them in jail." Shawn says, "NO! I am gonna get my hands on them. I swear, they are dead." Chelsea whimpers.

Lois stands over Marlena. John comes up behind her and asks, "Hey, Dr. Banks, what are you doing?"

Hope Cries, "They are not turning off the machines. You are not taking my son from me!"

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Let me get this straight - Lois is the one that beat Marlena in the past (although Marlena has five inches and about 20 pounds on her) and was hauled off by the guys in white jackets?? And Alex said NOTHING about this? Just looked mildly put out when Lois first showed up and only yelled vague warnings as he was being led off to jail? GIVE ME A BREAK!!

Glad the cops figured out so quickly what hit Zach. Of course, none of the three stooges (John, Pard, Bo) were on the case so there was an good chance that actual police work would have gotten done. HAHAHA

Loved the pictures today. Prevuze is about DAYS. Prevuze is hilarious. What a coincidence!!

6:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Re: Lexi being the only doctor....maybe it's the result of Craig leaving as Chief of Staff. Perhaps the hospital is in the midst of a monetary crisis? In the past months Lexi has acted as coroner, general practitioner, OB/GYN, oncologist, surgeon, emergency room doctor, and whatever kind of doctor handles rare diseases. 'Bout the only thing I haven't seen her do is the actual work down in the lab. HAHAHA

1:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Blogarama     Globe Of Blogs