Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Lexie Sucks More Blood

Lexie’s tests on Jack are inconclusive. She needs to run more tests. Jack objects, but Lexie talks him into it.

Jennifer tells Abby on the phone the tests are in progress. She tells her she and Hope have decided when Shawn gets back they are going to all go on a vacation at the Horton cabin together, where we all can have uncomfortable memories of Madison. Hey, maybe we could drag Billie along. Jennifer reassures Abby Jack will be fine.

Sami decides to stick to her story – she was one of Tony’s prisoners, “Then when I get back to Salem, I’ll focus on getting my life back together, and that means putting my son’s needs first.”

Performing the patented Daze critical maneuver of stepping in just at the right moment, Lucas says, “I couldn’t agree more.”

Nicole comes to visit Chloe. Chloe is overjoyed. She is working on her scrapbook. She has pictures of the beautiful Chloe in Vienna, scraps of gauze and electron microscope shots of flesh eating bacteria to paste in there. Nicole runs across the Brady page. Chloe says, “That was supposed to be for our reunion, but if these scars don’t heal, it will never happen. I might just as well forget it.” So much for scrapbooking.

Tony gives Brady an offer he can’t refuse. If Brady helps Tony, he will bring Chloe back from the grave. Brady asks, “Since when do you bring back the dead, Tony?”

“Ah,” says Tony, “Miss Chloe is very much alive. I’ll be very happy to arrange the reunion, if you’ll allow me to.”

Brady sucker punches Tony, “You lying SOB! You’re finished, Tony and there is not a damn thing you can do about it.”

Shawn phones Belle. She asks if they have found Phillip yet. He tells her they haven’t, “He still hasn’t checked in.”

“OMG,” says Belle, “What if something has happened.” Well, for one thing, we avoid that very awkward moment when everybody gets home.

The war rages, trouble brews.

Jack protests as Lexie sucks more blood.

Sami says, “It’s nice to know after all we’ve been through we can still agree on something.”

Lucas agrees, “Neither of us has ever had a problem putting our son first.”

“How’s he doing,” asks Sami.

“He’s fine. After we called off the wedding he was very upset with you.”

“Upset,” says Sami, “He wouldn’t even speak to me.”

“He just wants us to be a family,” says Lucas, “He’s feeling really guilty now, because he thinks it’s his fault you disappeared. He thinks he was too hard on you. But it’s not your fault. Tony took you prisoner. You didn’t have any choice.”

Sami flashes back to Tony showing her the video of Roman and Marlena and promising her they are alive, giving her the gun, sending her out to capture the boys.

Lucas pulls out equipment, “I think it’s about time, we let our son know we’re OK.”

Shawn tells Belle to stay calm. Phillip is probably just late checking in, “If there is one thing I have learned about Phillip, he isn’t a quitter. He will hang tough, and that’s what you have to do right now.” Shawn interrupts the call to ask the commander if there is any news about Phillip.

The commander says, “There has been no word from PFC Kiriakis, but coincidentally, I am about to radio him now if you would like to listen in.”

Shawn would like that. He tells Belle, who decides to eavesdrop, too. But, of course, the phone goes dead. “Dammit, I lost her,” says Shawn.

After several excruciating attempts, the commander reaches Phillip. Phillip reports, “I am south of coordinate 32. We are under heavy fire. Private Jake is down.”

“Fall back, Private.”

“Negative, we are in the middle of a mine field.”

Tony tells Brady, “You just made a terrible mistake.”

“You’re right,” says Brady, “I should have killed you.”

“Information is power,” says Tony, “and I have much information on the woman you once called the love of your life. And that information is yours, but only if we make a deal.”

Brady says, “I wish I was taping this conversation so I could play it for everyone back in Salem – the great Tony DiMera, desperate. How stupid do you think I am?”

“That’s what we’re about to find out. If you’re smart, you’ll listen to me. Because Miss Chloe is still very much alive.”

“If that’s true,” asks Brady, “why haven’t I heard from her? Why hasn’t she told me she’s alive?”

Fade to Nicole assuring Chloe Dr. Weiss is doing everything he can. Chloe isn’t buying it. Nicole flashes back to her conversation with Dr. Weiss. Miss Sincerity tells Chloe, “Brady would love you no matter what you look like. Look, Chloe, if you decide to tell Brady you’re alive, I meant what I said, I won’t stand in your way with him.”

Chloe says, “I’m not saying anything to Brady.”

“Well,” says Nicole, “there isn’t any need to rush into any decisions. I mean, Brady could get back into the country and...”

“What do you mean,” interrupts Chloe, “where is he?” Nicole tells her about the crackpot rescue mission.

Jack assures Jennifer Lexie is just being cautious. Jennifer hopes that’s all it is. Jennifer’s PDA goes off. Abby is PDA-ing her about the trip to the Horton cabin. She’s looking for Jack’s fishing equipment. Jack tells Jennifer not to let Abby mess with his prize-winning lures. Jennifer kids Jack about never having won any fishing prizes. Jack tells her they will be prize winning as soon as he hauls in the biggest trout in the history of Smith Island. Jennifer tells Lexie she can tell her husband is feeling well because he’s delusional. I, on the other hand, am confused. I thought we were waiting for Shawn to come home for this trip. I guess I missed the part about his plane taking off.

Jennifer leaves. Lexie says, “I’m sorry, Jack, but I am not going to lie to Jennifer.”

“I’m sorry,” says Jack, “but as my doctor, you have no choice.”

Thanks to the miracle of technology, Lucas is setting up a video conference call with Will.

Will gets them on the computer, “OMG, Mom and Dad, it’s you. Grandpa Shawn told me you were OK, but I said I wouldn’t believe it until I could see you. Dad, I know you went over there to rescue Uncle Phillip but, Mom, what are you doing over there?”

The commander tells Shawn Phillip has to stay where he is for right now – he’ can’t risk stepping on a mine.

Belle reconnects. Shawn levels with her. They’ve located Phillip but he’s trapped in the middle of a minefield.

As WWIII rages around him, Phillip tells the commander he has to get to Jake. The commander tells Phillip to stay put. No, that would be the sane thing to do. Phillip will radio the commander when he reaches Jake.

Belle says, “Shawn, there is something I need you to do. I need to see if there is a way I can talk to Phillip. There is something I want to tell him – something that might save his life.”

Chloe can’t believe Tony is still alive, “OMG,” says Chloe, “I just got the strangest feeling Brady’s in trouble.”

Brady’s in trouble. Tony asks, “Why hasn’t Miss Chloe gotten in touch with you? You know that’s an excellent question. One, perhaps, you could ask her yourself.”

“Stop it,” shouts Brady, “I’ve indulged in your sick fantasy long enough.”

“That Chloe’s dead,” asks Tony, “That’s the fantasy. You need some proof.”

Jack reminds Lexie about doctor-patient confidentiality. Aw, man, next he’ll be dragging out that tired old Hippocratic Oath thing.

“Do you seriously believe my dizzy spells could be life threatening?”

“No, but...”

“All right. I’m going to live my life with my family and everything’s going to be just fine.” Jennifer interrupts and asks if they can go.

“Yeah,” says Lexie, “Jennifer your husband is... uh... impossible.” Chuckle, chuckle, happy, happy. Lexie leaves.

Lexie calls the lab. The technician was just about to call her, “I think you should come down right away.” Dum-da-dum-dum.

“Well,” says Sami, “It’s going to sound pretty lame, Will, but that’s because it is. One minute I was going to leave town and do some thinking and the next, I was Tony’s prisoner.” Will asks if they are getting back together. Sami says, “I think that’s a question for your father.”

Lucas says, “Look, Will, we both love you very much, but if I said yes, we’d lose a perfect opportunity to drag this out until the viewers want to run screaming off a cliff, so we’ll have to discuss it another time. Don’t you agree, Sami?” Sami stares.

The war rages. Phillip struggles. They have patched Belle through. As the bombs go off around him, Phillip assures Belle he is OK. This is great comedy.

Brady tells Tony even if he calls Chloe he won’t believe it, “For all I know you’ve programmed some computer voice to sound just like her.”

“There is no way I can replicate such a beautiful and loving soul,” says Tony.”

“What the hell do you know about love,” sneers Brady.

“Like you,” says Tony, “I was in love with such a beautiful woman, and then your father turned her away from me.”

“That’s right,” says Brady, “My dad told me about that. Kristin was her name, right? That was years ago. I think it’s time you got over that.”

Tony explodes, “I will never get over it!” Bipolar Tony settles down, “But that’s beside the point. Do you want to speak to Chloe or not?”

Brady flashes back to tender, zap-worthy, moments with Chloe. He would give anything to hear her voice again, hold her, and see her face. Two out of three ain’t bad.

“If this is one of your sick jokes,” he tells Tony, “You’re dead.”

Nicole doesn’t know why Chloe feels something is very wrong, but she does know on the island, Brady could take care of himself, “Let’s just think good thoughts. He could be on the way back to Salem as we speak.”

Chloe says, “I just wish we knew for sure.” RRIINNGG. “Hello,” says Chloe. Slience. “Hello, is anyone there?”

“OMG,” says Brady.

Jack and Jennifer return home. Jack can’t wait to get up to the cabin. Jennifer wants to make sure he’s OK. He says he is. Everything will be perfect, meaning the cabin will probably be nuked.

Lexie gets down to the lab. The blood-work doesn’t look right, “What is going on with you, Jack?”

Will is disappointed. He was hoping his parents would get back together.

“Chloe,” says Brady, “Is that you?”

“Brady,” she says as Nicole whispers for her not to tell him she is with her.

Nicole takes the phone, “Brady, is that you?”

“Nicole,” he asks, “what the hell are you doing with Chloe? Put her back on the phone.”

“Chloe is dead, Brady.”

Brady turns to Tony, “It’s Nicole.”

Tony says, “It was Chloe. You heard her voice.”

“Brady,” asks Nicole, “why do you think Chloe is alive.”

“Because Tony DiMera told me she is,” says Brady.

Nicole asks, “How can you believe anything that psychopath says?”

“It’s a long story. I’m holding him at gunpoint right now and...” Tony turns the tables on Brady.

“Brady,” says Nicole, “Brady?” She turns to Chloe, “I lost him. I don’t know what Brady believes, but Tony DiMera just told him you’re alive.”

Phillip drags out his tired old script, “I won’t lie to you, sweetie. I’m in a pretty tight spot, but I’m going to get out of this so I can come home to you.”

Belle screams as the nukes hit Phillip.


Previews
========

Jack asks, “What am I going to tell Jennifer?” Lexie says, “You could start with the truth.”

“This is my fault,” whines Belle, “Because of me, Phillip and Shawn could both be dead.”

Nicole says, “Time to put you and everyone else out of your misery... DIE!”

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm assuming that Nicole's statement in the Previews (time to put you and everyone else out of your misery)is aimed at Chloe. However, it could apply to almost any of the numerous chronic whiners in this show. Including the viewers who are desperately looking for that cliff to run off! HAHAHAHAHA

6:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Blogarama     Globe Of Blogs