Thursday, March 17, 2005

Mother And Child Reunion

Kate wants to know if Hope is having a little girl-to-girl talk with Belle. Make that woman to little-girl, “How could you push Belle when she is still married to my son?” Hope tries to reason with Kate but Kate doesn’t want any of it.

Billie tells Bo she is afraid for Georgia. Bo assures her they will find her. He will stay with her, “in case that bastard calls back. This is one of DiMera’s sick, twisted games and you can’t get caught up in it.” Billie will try to stay strong. She wonders if there is any way they can find out who called. Bo says yes, but when he checks his cell phone it just says “unknown caller.” Bo says, “I wish that heartless bastard could feel the pain of having his child taken away from him.”

The Mother and Child Reunion: Stami flashes back to happier times with Will coming home from camp. Back on the seedy side of town Will asks if Stami is all right. Stami says he’s fine and asks Will what he is doing there on the street at night. Will tells Stami he’s on the way home from karate class, “I’m a black belt and if I have to I can break your nose and shove it up into your brain.” Stami tells Will to cool his jets – he isn’t going to do anything to him, “I’ll bet you saw that Jackie Chan movie, didn’t you? And I’ll bet your mom was upset when you did.”

“Who cares what my mom thinks? She nearly ruined our family. I live with my dad now. He’s six feet eight and is a weapons expert.”

“Well,” says Lucas as he strolls up, “not quite.” He and Stami have a stare down, “What are you doing to my son?”

The standoff continues at the Devereaux house. We’ve got guns pointed in every direction. “Why,” asks Jack, “Why Jennifer and me? Why is Patrick Lockhart living in my house? Is he still working for you?” Tony grins.

Outside the house, Jennifer walks up, but Patrick comes out of the weeds and tells her not to go in yet.

Will tells Lucas he and Stami just bumped into each other. Lucas apologizes for coming on strong and sticks out his hand. Stami hesitates but says, “That’s OK. You can’t be too careful these days.” As Lucas and Stami shake hands, Stami flashes back to the happy home. Lucas tells Stami he has quite a grip and asks if he works out. Then he asks Will why he didn’t call since he was out so late. Will says, “It’s hard to come home. I miss Mom.” Stami’s about to break down. Will continues, “Even though I’m totally pissed at what she did.” As they leave, Stan the Man asks Lucas if he can have a word with him. Lucas asks Will to wait in the car and goes back, “What’s up... Waitaminute, I know you.”

Patrick tells Jennifer he’s serious, “Don’t go inside.”

In the house Jack again asks Tony about Patrick, “Come on, tell me. I’m getting a little shaky.”

“You’re getting a little shaky and I’m getting a little bored,” says cool customer Tony, “Put the gun down. You’re like Bart. You don’t have the stomach for it.”

“Unlike Bart, I’m desperate,” says Jack as his gun quivers.

“I’m desperate, too,” says Bart, “You kill the boss and I’m outta work. And given what I do, I’m not exactly eligible for unemployment.”

“Well,” says Tony, “the day you retire is the day you die.”

“See, Bart,” says Jack, “Tony will never let you go. He’ll kill you first. You know too much. It’s back to me and you, Tony. I’ll do whatever I have to in order to save my family.”

“Well, go ahead. Do it,” says Tony, “It won’t accomplish what you want. It will do just the opposite.”

Jack contemplates his next move.

Bo tells Billie the DiMeras are toying with them. Sort of like the DOOL writers and their audience, “We gotta stay strong.” Billie says they have to find Georgia as soon as possible. Bo agrees, but says they have to be careful, “We gotta learn by our mistakes.” They ought to be PhD’s by now. Bo tells her he has to go over to Shawn’s loft. He opens the front door, but there is an envelope on the porch. It’s addressed to Billie. “MOMMY,” it says in crayon.” Billie’s jaw hits the floor.

Hope tells Kate she’s just trying to do what’s right. Kate says, “You’re pushing Belle to be unfaithful with her husband.”

Hope denies it, “This isn’t about sex. It’s about love. I told Belle if she is in love with Shawn she needs to follow her heart.”

Kate is really happy with that, “Oh, I suppose my son doesn’t matter. Phillip didn’t even make a move on Belle until Shawn came back engaged to Jan Spears. Only then did Phillip tell Belle he loved her.”

“That may all be true,” says Hope, “But the other truth is that Belle never ever stopped loving Shawn, and there is nothing you or Phillip or anyone can do to change that.” Kate stares.

Stami says, “No, I don’t think we know each other. I just have one of those faces that looks familiar. I just wanted to tell you what a good kid you have there. He reminds me of my own son. He’s about the same age as Will.” Lucas suggests maybe Will and Stami’s son could get together and play sometime. “I’m afraid that’s not possible,” says Stami, “I lost my son. He’s living with his mother right now. I couldn’t help hearing Will says he’s angry with his mother. I’m sure whatever happened, she loves him very much.”

“You’re a total stranger to us, Stan. Why are you so interested in me and my son and his mother?”

Sami’s voice pops in as Stan thinks, “Because I love you both so much.”

Kate says, “I just don’t buy into this thing that there is one true love in your life. I mean, look at Marlena. Look at me.” Together, they’ve been through all the men in Salem. “Look at Sami. She was in love with Lucas and betrayed his love with Brandon.”

“You’re implying Shawn betrayed his love for Belle with Jan.”

“No, I’m not implying that,” says Kate, “It’s a fact. Shawn spent the summer shacked up with Jan Spears.”

Hope says they don’t know that for sure. Shawn claims he doesn’t even remember what was going on.

Kate says, “Oh, yeah, the amnesia thing. I think Shawn came back because Belle had the audacity to fall in love with my son and he didn’t want to see them happy.”

Hope admits Shawn has made mistakes. Kate says he should be in jail right now. Hope says she and Bo would have talked to him if Kate would have given them half a chance, “But you know what, Kate? Shawn and Belle truly love each other and they need to be together.”

Billie wants to open the envelope. Bo wants to handle it carefully in order to save evidence, which he can destroy later. He tells Billie not to touch the envelope while he goes into the kitchen to get gloves. Shocking. Billie stares at the package but doesn’t open it. Bo pulls out an audiocassette and drawings. The drawings are of a little girl and the mom and dad in the picture are crossed out. “It looks like the little girl is angry, or at least that’s what they want us to think,” says Dr. Bo.

Billie wants to listen to the cassette. Bo cautions her it was no doubt made in order to upset them. Billie says she understands. Bo pops it in the player.

One potato, two potato, three potato, four.
My mother is a dirty whore.
Five potato, six potato, seven potato, eight.
She wants me, but it’s years too late.

Miss Billie had a baby
She thought that she was dead
She says she wants to find her
But that’s not all that’s in her head
She plans to use the child
To get Bo into bed.


Bo shuts it off. “That’s just cruel,” says Billie. Bo says this can’t be their daughter. “It’s the DiMera’s,” shouts Billie. “They’re torturing us. What if she is lost to us forever, Bo?”

Pan in on the crayon drawing, either done by a five year old, or Georgia is a fifteen-year-old ree-tard.

Jennifer wants to know why she can’t go into her house. Patrick has something to show her. He drags her over to a bush, which has the first bloom of spring. Of course, Jack planted the bush and Jennifer reminisces.

Inside the house we are not reminiscing about the first bloom of spring. We’ve graduated to gun pointing and walking in circles mode.

Tony tells Jack he won’t shoot because he would die. And, yes, Tony would be gone, too, but his loyal employees would continue executing his plan. Bart whispers to Tony, “How exactly would that work, boss? Are you going to get a bank to send us our pay every month or what. Because I’m not exactly sure...”

Tony has a headache. He changes the subject and reminds Jack his children would be raised by Patrick, “Once Patrick charms his way into Jennifer’s heart... and bed. Or maybe he’s already been there.”

Jack has had enough. Madison tells Tony, “They’re right outside.” Jack yells to warn Jennifer and Bart overpowers him.

“Haven’t you learned, Jack,” says Tony, “I always come back alive.”

Kate says, “You can’t even justify Shawn and Belle being together except for true love? I’ll tell you what true love is. Belle is married to Phillip and he truly loves her.”

“But Belle doesn’t love him back, Kate! Do you want your son to spend the Days of His Life with someone who doesn’t love him? Didn’t you learn anything when you tried to push Bo and Billie together? He’s still married to me, Kate. Things have a funny way of working themselves out when they are meant to be. You have to let your kids live their own lives. Phillip will recover from this.”

“If,” says Kate, “if he is found, and if he comes back alive. Hey, here’s something I hadn’t thought of. What if a newspaper photographer finds Belle and Shawn together and he kisses her. And what if he takes that picture and it goes all around the world and Phillip’s captors get a hold of it and show it to him? If Phillip is still alive right now, the only thing driving him is knowing he has a loving wife waiting for him.”

Hope assures Kate Phillip will come home, but Belle is hurting too, “She needs the person she loves in her life and that is Shawn. They are eventually going to wind up together. You are actually the one who came to me and told me Belle is still in love with Shawn and was going to break it up with him.”

“That will never happen, now that he is captured,” says Kate, “And I don’t see how you can defend your drunken son. Because that’s what he was when he crashed his motorcycle though the stained glass window.”

Hope says she isn’t excusing what Shawn did.

Kate makes a 90-degree turn. She’s just going to go everywhere with this, “Haven’t you hurt my family enough? Now you’re trying to stop Bo and Billie from finding their daughter!”

Billie contemplates the lock of hair, “What if this is the only thing I’ll ever have of Georgia’s?” Hey, you’ve got her childish artwork and the tape of her calling you a whore, too. Bo says he will put it someplace safe, and has to go over to Shawn’s. As he speaks, Billie eyes the liquor. Bo notices and says he could put that stuff out of sight. Billie says if she wanted a drink she’d know where to get one. Hey, another night at the Cheatin’ Heart would really cheer her up. She swears to him she is not falling off the wagon tonight. Bo leaves. Billie broods. Billie contemplates Old Granddad.

Stami tells Lucas not to be suspicious about his curiosity. It’s just that Will reminds him of his own son. Lucas tells Stami Will takes after his mom. Stami asks, “How so?” Lucas says he’s a complicated person, “One way on the inside, different on the outside.” Really different on the outside. Lucas tells him she’s really a good person. Just nutty as a fruitcake.

Stami asks Lucas if he still loves her. Lucas shakes his head.

Patrick says he knows Jack mistrusted him because he worked for Tony. That would be a pretty good reason if you ask me. Jennifer tells him Jack just didn’t have a chance to see how Loyal Patrick is. “You may not want to hear this, but I have a confession to make,” says Patrick.

Tony looks at his watch, “Where is the car? Why isn’t it here?” He turns to Madison, “I trust you came prepared.” She pulls out a syringe and walks toward Jack.

Lucas says it doesn’t matter how he feels about Sami. There is another guy involved, “I found my fiancée in bed with him the night before the wedding.” Stami asks if Lucas is really sure she betrayed him. He’s positive. It’s over.

“But Lucas I love you,” thinks Stan in Sami’s voice.

Hope is sick and tired of this, as we all are. On and on they go. Kate says, “Now there is irrefutable evidence Georgia is alive and she needs a mother and a father.”

“You’re doing it again, aren’t you – trying to keep Bo away from me.”

Kate denies, Hope accuses, Belle, Shawn, Phillip, Bo, Billie, on and on we go. Kate, like the rest of us, has had it with this. She storms out telling Hope, “You and your druggie son can just go straight to hell.” Kate heads back to nurse her druggie boyfriend.

Billie leafs through the psycho drawings.

One potato, two potato, three potato, four.
My mother is a dirty whore.
Five potato, six potato, seven potato, eight.
She wants me, but it’s years too late.


A hand grabs her shoulder, “What are you doing here?”

Lucas confirms it. There is no hope of him getting together with Sami. Stan tells Lucas Will is a great boy. Lucas wishes Stan luck in trying to get his family back together. “I’ll try if you will,” says Stan.”

“Yeahright,” says Lucas, “The woman I love is gone. She’ll never change.” Stami breaks down as Lucas leaves.

Bo tells Billie he didn’t make it there. He ran out to a jeweler in the middle of the night and had a necklace made for the lock of hair. She’s touched. They cuddle. Right at this perfect moment, Hope comes in. Hope stares.

Stan cries like a little girl as he lies in the gutter and remembers better times with Lucas.

Kate walks by and asks if he is OK. He says he’s fine and tells her to go away. “Do I know you,” asks Kate.

NO,” shouts Stami. Kate says she’s glad she doesn’t and walks away. Stami thinks, “I’ll get my REVENGE on you, Kate. You took Lucas away from me. Believe me, you’re going to pay for ruining my life.”

Madison approaches Jack with the hypo. Jack fights.

Patrick admits to Jennifer he’s jealous of Jack. She’s getting chilly. She fumbles with her keys to go inside. FF.


Previews
========

Kate tells John, “If I find out you’re not telling me the truth, I’m going to turn you over to the police.”

“So,” Hope tells Bo, “It was your decision to stay here with Billie rather than coming to help with our son.” Bo works his jaw.

Marlena cries, “Roman, hold me. Hold me and don’t let me go.”

Belle tells Shawn, “I do want you. God help me.” God help us all.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm LOL over Kate accusing Shawn of being a druggie then rushing over to take care of druggie John.

I wish everyone involved would tell both Kate and Hope to just butt out!

8:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Blogarama     Globe Of Blogs