Friday, March 04, 2005

Threats Abound


Kate and John are in bed. Kate is restless and talking in her sleep, “Phillip – don’t hurt him.” John grimaces and writhes in pain. This wakes Kate, “It’s getting worse, isn’t it? How about warm milk?”

John stares at the drawer where his new stash is hidden, “I don’t think milk is gonna cut it, I’m going to take a warm shower.” John goes into the bathroom, “Aaarrrggghhh!” CRASH. Kate runs after him.

Mimi and Rex come home from the hospital. Rex asks Mimi if there is anything he can do, maybe get her some soup. She tells him she is not an invalid, “Rex, I’m so sorry I can’t give you children.”

“Mimi, you’ve got to stop blaming yourself. This isn’t your fault.”

“Are you sure about that,” asks Jan as she comes in from the other room.

Rex tells her to back off, “This isn’t the time. Shut your mouth or I swear to God I’ll shut it for you.” Jan stares.

Shawn runs after Belle and asks what Jan said that upset her so much. Belle flashes back to Jan telling her, “Phillip would crawl through the belly of hell for you and you cheat on him with his best friend. At least when Shawn and I got together, you were out of the picture.”

“How did this happen,” she whines. I think you had a lot to do with it, cookie. Shawn hugs her.

The evil Tony D watches through the window in Phillip’s torture-chamber.

One of Phillip's creepy captors throws water in his face. The other one grabs him by his non-existent hair and yanks his head back, “Who are you? Where are your troops?”

“Kiriakis, Phillip. Private First-Class. 244734...”

Bart runs up to Tony. He says they can’t find any sign of Jack Devereaux, “It’s like he vanished from the face of the earth.” Tony smirks.

Jennifer stares at Jack’s picture. She can’t bear to spend the rest of her life without him. She sees his reflection in the glass and faints. Jack catches her in his arms, “Jennifer, it’s me, I’m home.” She finally wakes up. She can’t believe it’s him. He asks if she didn’t get his message. So here we are, they haven’t seen each other for heaven knows how long and what does she do? She runs over and plays the message. He kisses her as the message plays.

“Jack, I can’t believe you’re home.”

“And I’m never ever going to leave you again,” he says as he kisses her.

Jack and Jen, together again.

Shawn reassures Belle, but she’s not buying it, “Phillip’s off at war risking his life and we’re here planning our future together. Mimi and Rex want to plan a family but they can’t because Mimi can’t have children. Then there is my dad...” Not to mention that giant asteroid heading right for Salem. “No one we know is happy. What right do we have to think that we can be?” Shawn says she can’t think like that. They have as much right to be as happy as anyone else, and they will be – starting tonight. They walk off arm in arm.

The creep bitch-slaps Kiriakis, “One last time and we will get rough. Who are you? Where are your troops? What were you sent to do?”

“Kiriakis, Phillip. Private First-Class. 244734...”

Tony says to Bart, “They’re laying it on a bit thick, aren’t they?” Bart tells Tony he’s very worried about Devereaux. “Well,” says Tony, “I’m not.”

Jack and Jennifer kiss. Jack can’t wait to see the baby and Abby. Jennifer tells him they are not there. Jack realizes they have the house to themselves. Maybe the kids being gone isn’t so bad after all. As they hug, Jack sees something on the mantle, “What’s this? A picture of Patrick Lockhart with my family?” Jennifer tells him Patrick has been wonderful. Jennifer says she just didn’t get a chance to tell him. Patrick has been living here with them.

“It’s too late,” says Jack, “Patrick Lockhart, how could you...”

Jennifer tells Jack she and Patrick aren’t living together, “He’s living over the garage. How could you even think that, Jack?”

Jack apologizes, “I’ve been alone too long in the dark and thinking dark thoughts. I’ve been having nightmares that Patrick had moved in and taken over my family.” Jennifer says he is the only man she will ever love. He tells her it feels good to hear that. Then he stops, “OMG, I have to call John and Bo and Abe and let them know what happened. It’s going to blow their minds.” He dives for the phone.

Jan asks Rex if he is threatening her. Rex says, “I’d never hit a girl but in your case I might make an exception.”

“Just to keep me from telling your fiancée’s dirty little secret?”

Rex tells her what happened to Mimi isn’t a secret, and PID is nothing to be ashamed of. “Fine,” says Jan, “Let’s change the subject. Have either of you seen Belle or Shawn?” Mimi asks what business it is of hers. Jan reminds her Shawn is still her fiancé, “He’s just a little confused.” A little? Mimi tells Jan Shawn isn’t the one who is confused. Jan tells Mimi to keep her mouth shut, “or else.”

Rex tells Jan to stop making crazy threats. Jan says they are not threats, “which you will find out once Mimi stops undermining my relationship with Shawn.” Hmmm... doesn’t she mean unless Mimi stops undermining her relationship with Shawn? Oh well.

Rex shouts, “You don’t have a relationship with Shawn!”

“Yes I do, don’t I, Meems?” Mimi asks Rex if he will do her a favor.

“Throw Jan off the fire escape?”

Mimi says she isn’t feeling well and needs Rex to get her prescription filled. He doesn’t feel comfortable leaving Mimi with Jan, but he’ll go. Mimi assures her she can handle Jan. Rex and Jan trade threats as Rex leaves.

Jan says, “He is such a cool guy, so protective of his loved ones. I wonder how he will feel when he finds out how you protected his unborn child. I’d be willing to bet that little kiss he just gave you may have been your last. Mimi stares.

Kate runs into the bathroom where John is a crumpled mass on the floor laying amidst the shards of glass. He was trying to turn the water on and his legs gave out. He swings his cane in retaliation to the mean old bathroom that attacked him, as Kate helps him struggle back to bed.

Bart watches the goons rough up Phillip, “Boss, you amaze me. You stay so calm and collected when you’ve got so many balls in the air.” Bart runs through the litany of Tony’s evil deeds. Tony says, “I’m just getting warmed up.”

Shawn asks Belle if she is feeling any better. She says she is, “So many bad things have been happening. How can we even think about us?” He agrees they are surrounded by a lot of pain and suffering. “For all we know,” says Belle, “there is going to be more.”

“Which is why,” he says, “we can’t and shouldn’t wait any longer to be together.”

Pan to Phillip’s room of torture. One of the goons comes out and tells Tony they have gotten very little information. Tony suggests another tactic, “Remind him of his loving wife and his devoted mother waiting for him back home.”

The goon asks why. Tony interrupts, “Excuse me? You know all you need to know.” Pure evil. The guy is pure evil.

Bart asks if this is all a part of the plan to destroy the good people of Salem. Well destroying the good people of Salem shouldn’t be a big job. He reminds Tony about Devereaux, “If he gets back and blabs what you are up to, the Phoenix II is never gonna rise again.” The Phoenix II stares an evil stare.

Jennifer stops Jack. He can’t call John – he’s sick. And they think Abe is going to go blind. And Bo is wrapped up in the “details” of looking for Georgia. Jack can’t believe Bo’s daughter could be alive. Jennifer says Georgia is alive because it’s an old DiMera plot. Jack reveals Tony is still alive. Jennifer pulls the old Salem jaw-drop. Jack tells her to sit down, “Because if that shocked you, you’re not going to believe the rest of it.”

Bart tells Tony there are consequences to Jack being on the loose. He somehow works it around to John’s drug habit, “How’s he gonna hide it when he starts using again?” Through all this, the goons are beating the stuff out of Phillip in the background. Tony assures Bart, “John is clever and resourceful. He was caught once. He will not allow himself to be caught again.”

The sweat glistens on John’s tormented body. He reaches for his stash. He looks at the bag-o-pills, but puts them back in the drawer. Kate comes in with Lexi. John says Kate shouldn’t have called her. Lexi tells him she needs to be there, “You are my patient.”

“WELL-THEN-GIVE-ME-SOMETHIN’-TO-TAKE-THE-EDGE-OFF!”

Lexi thinks they need to readmit John to the hospital, “I need you to be completely honest with me, about everything you’re going through.”

John lies, “You know everything there is to know.”

Jan tells Mimi she is so sorry Mimi will be barren for the rest of the Days Of Her Life, “All could have been avoided if you hadn’t had that little procedure at the clinic. And I have the appointment slip right here in my purse.”

Mimi grabs for the piece of paper, “You have the appointment slip you stole from my purse.”

“I have the appointment slip that I made copies of, just in case. Kind of ironic, isn’t it, the baby you didn’t want ended up costing you the chance of having one you do want. Poetic justice if you ask me. For you, anyway. For Rex, this is just terribly sad and unfair. He looses a chance of having the family he so desperately wants because the woman he loves is a lying...”

“SHUT UP,” screams Meems, “SHUT UP BEFORE I KILL YOU!” Threats abound.

Jan says she isn’t shutting up. That’s no surprise. But Jan, saint that she is, will help Mimi keep Rex. All Mimi has to do is help her get Shawn back.

“Jan, get a clue. Shawn is in love with Belle and she is in love with him, and there is no way in hell he’s ever going to get back with you. And you know it’s only a matter of time until he remembers everything you did to him.”

“But he won’t remember. And you will help me get him back. Shawn has gotten used to having regular sex and there is no way he’ll get it with prissy little Belle. And she’s not going to get together with him with Phillip off to war. So cut the crap and start talking strategy.”

Phillip’s torture continues. OMG, NO! They’re going to make him sit and watch Days Of Our Lives nonstop. That’s got to violate the rules of the Geneva Convention.

The goons have a video camera pointed at Phillip, “We are tired of playing games with you, soldier. We see that you are not going to cooperate. So it’s time to say goodbye. We couldn’t help noticing you are wearing a wedding ring. You must have a wife. So we’re going to give you a chance to say a few last words to her and anyone else you care about.” Phillip stares into the camera.

Bart asks Tony what’s going on. Tony tells him they are video taping this, “so that my brother’s darling daughter will be tortured with guilt for the rest of her life. And that brings me to Devereaux. When he is found, he is to be returned to the castle immediately. They will find him because the alternative is unthinkable. My enemies would escape justice again. My brother John Black would win. And with the devoted Marlena by his side, he would assume the role of hero once again. Hmmm... he might even take it upon himself to come looking for his darling daughter’s husband.”

Bart says that’s what he has been trying to tell Tony, “Jack Devereaux could blow everything.”

“But we’re not going to let that happen, are we?”

“But what if we’re too late, sir?”

Jennifer can’t believe Jack is telling her Tony is still alive. And Cassie, too. Jack can’t believe Jennifer didn’t get his first phone message. He tells her Roman, Marlena, Victor, Caroline and Colin Murphy – all of them are still alive. Jack says they have to get to the ISA immediately. Jennifer knows exactly who to call. She dials the phone.

Lexi tucks John in. Nothing was injured from the fall. Kate asks if John is sure he doesn’t want to go back to the hospital. “I’m fine,” he says through gritted teeth. Lexi says she wishes there was more she could do. John gives her his drug-crazed look from hell, “Thanks for coming by.” Lexi and Kate leave. John grimaces.

Lexi tells Kate she imagines Kate wasn’t too broken up over Sami and Lucas’ wedding biting the dust. Kate doesn’t want to get into that right now. She is worried about Phillip. He’s been sent on a special mission and it is very dangerous, “There is a chance he might not make it back alive. And if he does, what’s waiting for him here could destroy him.”

Phillip says his tear-jerking goodbye, “Mom, I don’t have much time here. I love you and appreciate everything you have done for me. I’ve gotten mad at you sometimes for pushing me too hard, but I know it’s just because you love me and want me to be happy. I want you to be happy, so listen to me. Do not let this destroy you. If I die it will be in the service of my country and there is nothing I believe in more...” the creep chuckles in the background as Phillip continues, “...except the love of my wife. Belle, the rest of this message is for you.”

Belle, yet again, tells Shawn they can’t be together while Phillip is at war and thinks she is being true to him. Shawn says it will be better for Phillip if they hook up now rather than let him think he will live happily ever after with Belle. Belle wants to know how she should tell him, “What if he doesn’t call?” Shawn says she should write him that letter.”

Belle says it is better to wait. Shawn piles on, “So you think it is better to wait until he’s coming home and thinks he will fall into your arms and then you will lower the boom. How harsh is that? What happened to Mimi made me realize how precious every moment is. And we have already wasted so much time. Phillip is a survivor. He will get through this. But I want you to know, if you want to wait, I will stop pushing.”

“No, you are right. I can’t stand the thought of Phillip on that plane thinking he is coming home to something that doesn’t exist any more. I’m going to write the email right now. I don’t even know where to start.”

Belle imagines the poor schmuck standing there. She writes, “Phillip, I wish there was an easy way to do this. I’m going to tell you the hardest thing I’ve ever had to tell anyone. I have to be completely honest, even knowing how much this is going to hurt you.” Shawn eggs her on as she continues to type, “I’m so sorry Phillip. Our marriage was a terrible mistake. I realize now that I am still in love with Shawn.”

Mimi asks Jan why she can’t just leave her alone, “Isn’t the fact that I can never have kids enough for you?”

“Nothing will be enough until Shawn and I are back together.”

“Go to hell,” sneers Mimi.

“That does it. I am going to tell Rex everything when he gets back.”

Of course, that was Rex’ cue, “Tell me what Jan? More of your stupid lies? I told you to lay off Mimi she’s sick.”

“More sick than you know. Wait till I tell you how she’s been lying through her teeth to you for months.”

“What is it, Jan? Spit it out. This better be good.”

“Oh, believe me, it is. It’s going to rock your world.”

John reaches for the drawer, “Oh, Doc, if you were here, I know I could get through this. But without you, God help me.”

Lexi says, “Shawn and Belle told you they are still in love? I always thought they belonged together, but for her to marry Phillip and then realize it...” Well, Belle ain’t the sharpest knife in the drawer. Kate assures Lexi she will be there for Phillip. Lexi leaves.

Kate says to herself, “I don’t care if Shawn and Belle are in love, they will never be together. Shawn is going to pay dearly for nearly killing everyone at the wedding. That little bastard’s going away for a long, long time.”

Jennifer says, “Thanks, Gram, for doing this. Yes, it’s unbelievable.” Jennifer called Alice to contact the ISA! Alice goes back a long way with Agent Specter. Jack feels like he should be doing something. “You are,” says Jennifer, “You’re reuniting with your wife tonight. And I’m going to show you how much I’ve missed you.”

Bart wants to know if he’s missing something, “How can you be so confident Devereaux won’t blow the whistle.”

“I’ve come too far,” says Tony, “To let anyone, especially that bumbling buffoon Jack Devereaux destroy all my plans.” Tony turns on the sound from Phillip’s torture chamber.

Phillip continues, “My wife, my love, how am I supposed to say goodbye? How am I supposed to tell you how much you mean to me? Belle, you have brought so much joy into my life. Even though our time together was way too short, I thank God for the memories we have. And I will take those memories to the grave. I have to go now. Just know if I am not with you I haven’t left you. Goodbye Belle.”

The heartless Belle writes, “Phillip, you deserve so much better. You deserve a girl who will love you the way you love her, and that’s just not me. I have to end this marriage before I hurt you any more.” Phillip’s vision disappears. Belle’s vision sighs.

“There, it’s done,” she says. Shawn tells her it’s for the best. Belle starts to send it, but the phone rings. It’s the commander, “Mrs. Kiriakis, as of 0400 hours this morning, your husband Phillip has been reported missing in action.”

“NOOOOOOO!!!” FFWO on Shawn consoling the sobbing Belle.


Previews
========

Kate tells John, “You have lost so much.” John says, “It’s time to move on.” Kate asks, “Do you mean together?”

Hope says, “I don’t think she exists.” Billie yells, “That’s a lie. You may have taken Bo from me when we came back, but I will not let you take our daughter.”

Belle says to Shawn, “You didn’t send him that email telling him we were together did you? Tell me you didn’t send it.”

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Come on! After all of these days that have passed, Jack's message on the answering machine hadn't been covered up by a hundred calls from people selling aluminum siding or taking a survey?

I loved the sentence that the torturers pulled Phillip's non-existent hair! HAHAHAHA

7:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, Lord. I see a potential sob-story plot coming. When Rex told Belch about Mimi's condition making it probable she'd never have kids he mentioned that "even if she could get pregnant, it could be life-threatening". So, sometime down the road, Mimi will get pregnant but we'll have to have the constant arguments about whether she should get rid of it "for her own sake". She won't want too because of the previous loss. Everyone will try and talk her into thinking about herself. She can't. Yada yada

As for today's post - I also loved the threatened torture of having to watch back-to-back DAZE episodes.

11:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Blogarama     Globe Of Blogs