Tuesday, July 13, 2010

A Tube Sock Full Of Wood Screws

Bo paces in his living room and talks on the phone with Carly. "I had a break," she says, "And thought I'd give you a call."

"I've got a little time for a break myself," says Bo.

"Well," says Carly, "You should take advantage of that."

"I'd like to take advantage of you," says Bo.

"I'm on my way," says Carly. What I like about this pair is the subtlety of their relationship. Justin shows up as Bo ends his conversation.

Hope is at the Kiriakis mansion. She calls someone at the station, "I have some things to do and will be in later." Must be nice.

Hope starts to leave, but bumps into Adrienne, "We need to talk."

Baker sits on the bed in his hotel room and reads about Arianna's bail, "I'm sorry you're taking the rap, but better you than me." He sees Nicole on TV and turns it up.

Nicole reports from the pier. She flashes back to her argument with EJ, "When I tell you what I found, the lives of some people in Salem will never be the same."

Justin comes in and flashes back to kissing Hope. He tells Bo he's 'interested' in her, "She's not doing as well on her own as you think she is. She needs someone by her side, and I wanna be that guy." So I guess he's gone to her ex to ask for Hope's hand in... romping. So civilized.

Adrienne and Hope talk in the foyer. Adrienne tells her, "Something is definitely not right, and it's you."

The crowd at the pier watches as Nicole continues. Suddenly, EJ interrupts her. Sami asks, "Why are you doing this?"

"I have something I'd like to say," says EJ.

"It better not be another stupid product placement ad," says Sami.

Justin says he's not going to pressure Hope into anything. He thinks things are changing between them. He wants Bo to know when Hope says she's ready to move on, he is ready to move in.

Bo gets snarly, "So now I know. What?"

Justin says, "I get the feeling you think it's OK for you to find someone new but not Hope."

Hope blows her stack, "You're accusing me of..."

"I saw you and Justin together," says Adrienne.

"You saw what you wanted to see," says Hope.

"You were hugging," says Adrienne, "This isn't about me being jealous, but it's me being concerned you refused to acknowledge what happened. It's just not you. I may not be married to him any more, but I want to make sure he doesn't get hurt."

"I don't either," says Hope, "I don't know what I would do without his friendship."

"Friendship," gasps Adrienne, "What kind of game are you playing?"

"My favorite game," says Hope, "String 'em along, then string 'em up."

Abe is with his doctor. He's having trouble sleeping, but the doc says his MRI is normal. He writes a prescription for sleeping pills. Abe isn't sure about taking them and asks about side effects. "The side effects are quite mild," says the doctor, "But we have to hurry this along because I have to see Hope Brady about the fact she's grown a tail and horns."

"What's abnormal about Hope having a tail and horns," asks Abe.

EJ steps up to the microphone, "I would like to say how sorry I am. I was fool enough to fall in love with this woman and because of that she kidnapped my daughter. She is a pathological liar, so I'm going to hand her back the microphone so she can announce her candidacy for congress."

Nicole protests, "I am not lying!"

Arianna jumps in...

"CUT!"

"What are you doing," asks Nicole.

Bo snorts, "I do not tell Hope what to do."

"As long as she doesn't do it with me," says Justin.

"That's not it," says Bo, "She's fragile right now and shouldn't be pressured."

"So," says Justin, "you want her pining away while you play house with Carly. She is trying to get over you. If you care about her you won't stand in her way." Translation: Stand in my way.

"Of course I care," says Bo. Carly walks in. Justin leaves.

Carly asks what that was about. "My cousin was staking his claim," says Bo.

"On Hope," says Carly, "That seems to bother you."

The doc says, "The medication has side effects but only for women. It puts their brains to sleep but not their bodies."

"That sounds like most of the women in Salem," says Abe.

"Those cases are rare," says the doc, "The women this happens to are high strung to begin with."

"That sounds like most of the women in Salem," says Abe.

Hope insists she doesn't play games, but admits Justin is more than a friend. Hope thinks Adrienne is playing games, too, "I was only thinking of his happiness... and yours."

"So you decided to make a play for him," barks Adrienne, "I think you're refusing to see things you don't want to."

"If you're worried about the way I am treating Justin, you should tell him," says Hope, "I don't know why you are so upset with me." She leaves.

"I believe you," says Adrienne.

Arianna tells Nicole they are off the air, "There is a breaking story at the zoo."

"If what's going on right here doesn't qualify as a zoo I don't know what does," says Nicole.

Baker zones out, "Poor Nicole — all style no substance. But Dark Eyed Lady is substance personified." Translation: Webster's Dictionary has apparently redefined "substance" to be the equivalent of "a few colors short of a rainbow."

Arianna tells Nicole they stopped the feed. Nicole freaks, "Why would they do that? This is breaking news!"

"There might be more important news than you," says Arianna.

Nicole demands to know what the breaking news is. Arianna says, "The snow leopard at the Brookfield zoo just had cubs."

Nicole has a meltdown, "They preempted me for that? What moron authorized this?"

Evan the moron walks up, "That would be me." Apparently Evan is the new consultant with Titan TV. Arianna introduces Evan and Nicole. Evan explains his shocking action, "Animal stories skew better than gossip."

"Well, skew you," says Nicole, "This isn't gossip."

"Evan explains, "We're trying to appeal to a younger demographic and animal stories skew to that population better."

"YIPPEEEEEE!"

Gabi looks at her cell phone and jumps for joy, "I just won the leopard lottery!" Apparently the story at least skewed to Gabi.

Nicole backs off and says she doesn't have to break the story on-air, since her most important audience is standing right there.

Bo says he's not upset about hope moving on, "It's Justin."

"Oh I see," says Carly, "It's just that Hope hasn't found the right person."

Bo tees off, "He waltzes in here in his $3,000 suit and tries to talk man to man." Translation: Man to doofus.

Carly pounds a fist into her palm, "You just want to beat him, don't you."

"NO! Well... I wouldn't mind taking a tube sock full of wood screws and beating the crap out of that suit of his."

I understand," says Carly, "Although I prefer a butcher knife to a tube sock. It has to hurt you to see Hope getting closer to someone else."

"Thanks for understanding," says Bo.

"I'm a highly evolved person," says Carly, "That's what made me do things like murder my husband, have a sleazy, drunken one-night stand, play God with Chloe and wreck your marriage. I know it's the best way to hold on to you."

Bo holds on to her, "I fell in love lust with you and fate brought you back to me and I fell in love lust all over again." He moves in to manifest his lust.

Hope is with the doctor and asks for a refill. He's reluctant and asks how she's feeling. She tells him her grandmother passed away and things haven't calmed down, "I stopped taking the pills when she was ill because I wanted to (say it with her) be there for her. Now I'm taking them again." The doc asks about side effects.

Evan backs Nicole down. The crowd leaves. EJ tells her the story doesn't seem to be bringing her much luck. Brady walks up behind him, "You seem anxious to keep it quiet," He turns to Nicole, "What were you going to tell everyone?" EJ says he was trying to keep her from doing more damage than she has done. Brady says, "You don't know what she was going to say." EJ walks off. Brady turns to Nicole, "Or did he?" Nicole says this is a major story. It deserves the right audience. She tells Brady she can't let him in on the secret now.

Hope tells the doctor she has weird dreams, "Not as weird as some of the things that happen on this show, though." She says she doesn't think the dreams are caused by the medication and swears she isn't dependent on the pills. The doc gives her the prescription. He starts to tell her about a study, but Hope cuts him off and leaves.

Baker pines, "What are you doing pretty lady? You said you had big plans." He flashes back to the list Hope gave him and remembers their near kiss, "Why haven't I heard from you?"

Bo and Carly have moved it to the bedroom. Bo wonders if she is thinking about their earlier conversation, "I just don't want Hope to rush in to things."

"Is that what you think about me," asks Carly.

"There is no such thing as rushing too fast when you're hopping into the sack," says Bo.

"I hope you don't feel obligated," says Carly. Bo feels something else. Carly says she has no regrets, "Do you?"

Brady asks what just happened there. Nicole says she's on to something big and leaves. Brady turns. He and Arianna share a stare.

Bo says he has no regrets, "If I thought this was a mistake I would have told you, but I would have waited until after we romped."

"I believe you," says Carly.

"When Hope left," says Bo, "I thought my life was over. But not any more — Because of you." Carly says if Hope moving on is bothering him she wants him to tell her. Bo doesn't tell her. He moves in and shows her.

Justin finds Hope at the pub. She asks him if he remembers anything more about the mugging. He says no and tells her he talked to Bo, "I wanted him to know we are getting closer. We are — right?" Adrienne walks up. Hope leaves.

Brady tells Arianna, "Nicole knows something about EJ that is freaking him out. I know anyone who gets between those two gets hurt. Ask Sami. His motive for being your lawyer is to use you to get back at Nicole."

Arianna snorts, "So you want to protect that barracuda and throw me under the bus?" She stomps off.

Sami finds EJ in the rumpus room. EJ says he was thinking of taking Johnny and Sydney away for the summer. He asks her to go and names a few exotic places he thinks Sami might like, "Hawaii... Fiji... the Horton Cabin..."

Sami thinks it sounds great but thinks the timing is bad, "Nicole says she has something on you and you want to leave town. It can't be a coincidence."

Nicole walks outside the pub and gets a call from Baker. He says, "You got preempted by a leopard. Maybe you don't want to be poking EJ right now. It will motivate him to prove you framed Arianna."

"Don't worry Dick," Nicole assures him, "When I'm through with EJ no one will believe anything he says."

Abe is with Lexie at the hospital. He tells her the funding for one of his programs came through and reaches into his pocket to get the paperwork and show her the details. In the process he pulls out the prescription for sleeping pills and Lexie sees it, "Why didn't you tell me about this. And you didn't go to your regular doctor to get it." Abe says he's under stress. Hope walks up and asks what's wrong.

Adrienne says she went to see Hope this afternoon. Justin doesn't think they looked too friendly when Adrienne walked up just now, "I'm a big boy. You and I are divorced so what happens between Hope and me is none of your business."

Adrienne says, "The two of you have different ideas about what's happening between you."

"You sound like Bo," says Justin.

"I think Hope is more screwed up than you admit," says Adrienne.

EJ says he wants to get the kids out of the limelight. Sami agrees, but EJ gets a call, "It's Arianna. I have to take it." He leaves, Out in the foyer, Arianna tells him she thinks they should meet.

"Great," says EJ, "What is Nicole up to?" He walks away as the doorbell rings. Sami gets it to find, who else, Nicole.

Lexie tells Hope Abe isn't sleeping well since he was mugged. Hope asks if Abe remembers anything new. He doesn't, so Hope asks to see each victim's injury report. Abe and Lexie go off together and Lexie tells Hope she'll get her the reports.

Bo and Carly come in giggling. Hope watches as Bo tells her he's happy to bring her to work, "This is the kind of thing guys do when they're in love lust."

Brady calls Nicole and leaves a message.

Arianna asks if EJ knew what Nicole's big scoop was about. EJ says, "She suspects I know she framed you. Don't worry about it." EJ wonders where Nicole went after things broke up.

"I don't know," says Arianna, "We're not exactly close."

Nicole says, "EJ is lying to you, Sami. Don't you want to know why?"

So, did that episode skew well with you? Or did it just skewer you?

NOTE – you can now follow Prevuze on twitter at: http://twitter.com/prevuzea

Prevuze II has a video of the daily show previews, which should be available by noon (EST) on any given day. To see Prevuze II: CLICK HERE


11 Comments:

Anonymous Betyar said...

EJ...names a few exotic places he thinks Sami might like, "Hawaii... Fiji... 'the Horton Cabin'"...I've been to Hawaii twice, although I wouldn't mind seeing some of the smaller islands. Never to Fiji. Some friends of mine went there for their 100'th year anniversary, or something like that(they've been married forever, but who's counting?!) They said the waters are crystal clear. Very romantic! But I have NEVER been to the Horton Cabin(Thanks Prevuze for inserting that one)...I would definitely get a kick out of seeing it! LOL!!!

"Nicole assures him, "When I'm through with EJ no one will believe anything he says."...I wouldn't worry about Nicole...she's going down! (and hopefully EJ WON'T be in the elevator this time!)

"So, did that episode skew well with you? Or did it just skewer you?"...I'm definitely skewered from reading the eppi...I really have to go back to reading books, I can feel my IQ dropping each time I read this drivel!

Have a great Tuesday everyone :)

5:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Since when Ej fell "in love" with Nicole ?! I never saw that, i want to believe that he loved her but being in love with her...don't think so..he treated like dirt and 2nd choice during all their relationship.. he should have said "i was fool enough to be involved with with woman and because of that she kidnapped my daughter" oh so rewrites writers writers...

What a waste Abe could have been a nigtime Abe but No he will not have a storyline..lol

Poor Adrienne (and above all Judi Evans) she deserved better than this weak weak material.

Nicole could tell the truth now, there is too much Nicole now it is again the NICOLE SHOW...tiring..

Euh Brady Sami was not between Ej and Nicole it is Nicole who did impose herself between Sami and Ej ! She was all over him whereas the guy was "in love" (this time YES) with Sami but Sami let her do it..

5:16 AM  
Anonymous Leslie said...

So I guess he's gone to her ex to ask for Hope's hand in... romping. So civilized.

Justin’s a lawyer. Does he believe equal opportunity boinking is a good thing for a divorce hearing?

Adrienne tells her, "Something is definitely not right, and it's you."

…and what was your first clue Sherlock?

“She is a pathological liar, so I'm going to hand her back the microphone so she can announce her candidacy for congress."

If Salem is in Illinois, make that governor.

"That's not it," says Bo, "She's fragile right now and shouldn't be pressured."

…and why is Hope so fragile? Could it be something you've done Bo? After that remark, this is the first time I’m actually feeling sorry for Hope. Bo must have pulled that line straight out of the Guy Manual.

Arianna tells Nicole they are off the air, "There is a breaking story at the zoo."

"If what's going on right here doesn't qualify as a zoo I don't know what does," says Nicole.

Somebody told me it’s all happening at the Salem Zoo. I do believe it, I do believe it’s true. Mmmmm. Mmmmm. Whoooa. Mmmmm. Brookfield Zoo!!! LOL!!!Salem is in Illinois!!!

"Animal stories skew better than gossip."

"Well, skew you," says Nicole, "This isn't gossip."

Skew this. Titan’s legal department probably would have labeled Nicole’s “gossip” as slander, but defamation of character is a given in Salem. Besides, unless Titan runs a CNN type operation, Nicole’s piece would have been taped and run later. Nicole would hardly be the person to decide if her story was breaking news.

"I just don't want Hope to rush in to things."

"Is that what you think about me," asks Carly.

"There is no such thing as rushing too fast when you're hopping into the sack," says Bo.

If this constitutes pillow talk for Bo and Carly, the relationship is in big trouble.

So, did that episode skew well with you? Or did it just skewer you?

I believe those are rhetorical questions because Prevuze already knows the answers.

5:52 AM  
Anonymous Bulldog said...

OK, I almost had to do a spit-take with my (product placement here: Nature Valley Chewy Trail Mix Fruit & Nut Bar) when I got to "What's abnormal about Hope having a tail and horns," asks Abe. Then I almost tossed the above mentioned bar when I got to But Dark Eyed Lady is substance personified. Gag, choke!

What is Abe so stressed about? You never see him in an office or doing mayoral things. Mainly he just stands around talking to Bo, Pard or Lexie about personal stuff.

I'm loving the Melanie t-shirt series. And Translation: Man to doofus.

I don't know about the episode, but Prevuze skews well with its readers. Thanks! :D

PS: word verification 'unarair'. As in I'm unarair of any real movement in this episode.

8:44 AM  
Blogger Prevuze said...

I'm definitely skewered from reading the eppi...I really have to go back to reading books, I can feel my IQ dropping each time I read this drivel!

That's the kind of endorsement I pray for.

“She is a pathological liar, so I'm going to hand her back the microphone so she can announce her candidacy for congress."

If Salem is in Illinois, make that governor.


Or New York... Or South Carolina...

What is Abe so stressed about? You never see him in an office or doing mayoral things. Mainly he just stands around...

Based on the limited number of mayors I have known, I'd say that perfectly describes what they do.

Hmmm... I guess today was my day to bash politicians. Or criminals. Or was that redundant?

9:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bo and Carly make me sick. *pukes* ok now i'm better until they romp again.

10:22 AM  
Blogger jen h said...

i also disagree with brady that sami got hurt because she came between nicole and ej. sami got hurt by lying about the paternity of her child(yet again) and trying to hide said child from the the world.
no one seems to care that her own lies got her involved in this mess--it's always ej or nicole's fault and always will be. i remember people talking when the grace/sydney reveal first hit the ariwaves, and everyone was telling sami that they would have done the same thign she did--lie to ej aobut his kid. yet i don't remember anyone ever saying they'd allow ej to impregnate them in the first place.

10:22 AM  
Blogger LeeLeigh said...

let me get this straight: Abe is having trouble sleeping, so he has an MRI? the Mayor of Salem must have one helluva medical plan! Hey Abe, do what I do -- take some Tylenol PM and stop complaining. (yes folks, that was a cheap product placement on the Prevuze board... LOL)

10:53 AM  
Blogger Applecheeks said...

Didn't think I'd ever get to Prevuze today. It's seriously skewed my entire day to hell. LOL

Carly, "I had a break."

Between her forays to Chloe’s to threaten; her jaunts to the pub/coffee shop to schmooze with Daniel; her random trips up and down the apartment and hospital hallways WHEN does Carly actually get any doctorin’ done??

”But we have to hurry this along because I have to see Hope Brady about the fact she's grown a tail and horns."

Doc, you just committed a huge HIPPA violation – but what a hoot!

The doc says, "The medication has side effects but only for women. It puts their brains to sleep but not their bodies."

Good gravy! I thought this was an un-italicized Prevuism, but they had the doctor actually say this?? How stupid. (However, if there was such a drug I’d love to have a stash to use between 8 am – 5 pm. Thankyouverymuch.)

The doc asks [Hope] about side effects.

If her brain is asleep, how would she know if there were side effects? Just curious....

I’m kinda with Nicole. Unless they knew what “breaking story” she had, I can’t believe they would break her broadcast off for cubs at a zoo. Knowing Nicole, her story had to be a lot juicier.

HUH?!
”What moron authorized this?" Evan the moron walks up

He authorized the story switch and ten seconds later just happened to stroll by the pier? If he was going to be anywhere I'd think it would be where the "breaking story" was.

Arianna snorts, "So you want to protect that barracuda and throw me under the bus?"

Yes. Please. ASAP. I think I hear the 3:05 pm bus heading for the pier right now!

1:14 PM  
Anonymous Betyar said...

Thank you Anon...that makes me feel so much better :) I feel the same way! I think I'm ready to stick my finger down my throat and join you in a full fledged puke-a-thon if I have to see those 2 romp again!

4:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The show sounds snooze-worthy, but the pictures are hilarious. Thanks Prevuze.

7:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Blogarama     Globe Of Blogs