Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Feedless, Prevuzeless, Hopeless

Whenever I travel it wouldn't be an exaggeration to say I spend practically as much time tinkering with the wacky equipment setup at the Prevuze Compound as I do packing, in order to make sure I can get the satellite feed on the road. Unfortunately, this time I should have just kept packing. I'm afraid I can't get into the contraption I have cobbled together, affectionately known as the Sat-o-saurus, at all. So what it boils down to is I'm hundreds of miles away and can't do any additional tinkering to figure out what's wrong. Translation: up a creek without a paddle.

I don't have many options. I could call our closest neighbor and have him drive over and take a look and maybe coach him over the phone. The problem with that is the minute he gets more than 30 feet outside his door, his house arrest ankle bracelet notifies the authorities and they get really upset with him.

I called Norris the satellite guy to see if he had any suggestions, but his only advice was to, "chill out, have another beer and stop watching that crazy show." I think he also said something about sending me a bill for that advice before the racket of the party he was at made the rest of the conversation impossible to hear.

So, that's where we stand right now. Feedless, Prevuzeless, hopeless. If the situation changes, I'll let you know. In the meantime, look at the bright side. If I can think of a bright side, I'll let you know about that, too.


NOTE – you can now follow Prevuze on twitter at: http://twitter.com/prevuze

Prevuze II has a video of the daily show previews, which should be available by noon (EST) on any given day. To see Prevuze II: CLICK HERE


8 Comments:

Anonymous Berg said...

Feedless, Prevuzeless, hopeless. Sounds like another great DOOL episode.

Happy trails to you Prevuze. Now each of us must make our own decision. Do we watch the show ourselves and suffer a fate similar to a stomach virus, do we wait and find it elsewhere (not nearly as entertaining), or do we con one of our drunk friends to watch the show and give us a recap? Because if they ain't drunk it won't be entertaining and I believe there is something in the Geneva Convention about cruel and unusual punishment.

In lieu of a lack of Prevuze today...I give you DOOL as told by the fans of Prevuze.

EJ tells Samanther he has had a change of heart (and depends) and thinks that while Stefano is evil incarnate, the children should still know their grandfather. Samanther caves like a coal mine in...(yes I know, tasteless joke).

3:56 AM  
Anonymous Leslie said...

OMG - No feed for Prevuze = no recap for the faithful! Good gravy, that means I'm going to have to watch an entire episode of DOOL!!! I think it's time to pull out the shopping list to ensure I have plenty of beer chilling out in the fridge. Once my mind is sufficiently numb, I'll crank up my DVR and pull up that most precious of saved programs - DOOL. To preserve the proudest of Prevuze traditions, I will be under pressure to toss snarky remarks at the TV. Can I handle it? If there's enough Stephanie, it ought to be a piece of cake.

Fear not Prevuze. Our thoughts will be with you today as you continue your sojourn into the heartland. Thank you for all your efforts, and Sami's keen observation on the new and improved EJ.

5:29 AM  
Blogger Applecheeks said...

I don't know if there's enough mood enhancing drugs in the universe to make me watch a DOOL without the Prevuze buffer.

But, if I must suffer, I will.

Prevuze is welcome to entertain us, instead, with a Prevuze version of the trip. I'm sure there is plenty to rant and snark about on the road. Meanwhile, we, the faithful, can post our own snarks about the show.

We could also tie a purple(seems to be DOOL's color lately) ribbons round the old oak tree to let Prevuze know our thoughts are with you until you come home.

5:58 AM  
Anonymous Bulldog said...

Perhaps when you return you could put Killer thru an extensive training program. Upon commands over the phone he could check the system and fix the problem. Remember, Lassie used to be able to save Timmy in the well.

Now I'm faced with such a dilemma. What to do? Work??? They never have to do that in Salem. WAAHHHH. I've been watching Sami too much!

Thanks for the pictures, they still provide some chuckles for us. Enjoy your adventures, Prevuze.

8:23 AM  
Anonymous Betyar said...

If I have to watch DOOL, I will cave in and do it, and that only to watch the new and improved version of EJ 2.0. Sound enough reason for me!

But we miss u Prevuze staff...hopefully the only reason u'r not getting feed is because u've burned out your keyboard from the repeat beer spills while u're on vacation.

9:41 AM  
Anonymous Kara said...

I'm oddly unsettled by this. I had no idea how much I'd come to depend on your witty recaps during my lunch hour. I will miss you today but hope your enjoying your trip.

9:56 AM  
Anonymous Elizabeth said...

Prevuze is about as successful posting from the road as I am posting to the Internet from my DROID.

6:00 PM  
Blogger Applecheeks said...

With nothing else to occupy my poor mind this evening, I read the comments from yesterday's post that came in late.

The last two or three are priceless.

As for the topic, I must say I thought the same thing when I first read the phrase in question. Ahhhh, are we Prevuzites warped or what? LOLOL

7:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Blogarama     Globe Of Blogs