Monday, March 01, 2010

A Romance With A Few Dead Bodies Thrown In

Sami walks into her living room and looks at her phone, "Dammit, EJ!" She remembers reading the new ransom note.

Rafe comes out and finds her preoccupied, "R U OK?"

"Fine."

"What's up," asks Rafe, "Talk to me. I can help you."

Brady finds Arianna at the pub and wants to know how they will work things out if she won't talk to him. Arianna scowls, "Sorry, you're too late." Brady grabs her and finds a way to work things out without talking.

EJ arrives at the hideout, "Is it done?"

"Yes," says Anna, "Exactly as you said."

"How did it turn out," he asks.

Sami gives Rafe her full attention, which isn't saying much. He asks his standard question, "What's going on?" Sami gives him a lame answer. Rafe won't let it go, "How about we get down to it? You can tell me why you postponed the family gathering."

"I was afraid you'd throw another overpriced bouquet of flowers into the cesspool known as the Salem River."

Gabi finds Chad at the Java Café. He asks, "How'd you like to go see a movie with me — 'From Paris With Love.' It's a romance with a few dead bodies thrown in." Gabi agrees to go as Mia walks in and rolls her eyes.

Anna assures EJ everything went fine. EJ plays dumb — oh, never mind, he's not playing — and questions her more about the caper.

Sami tells Rafe she just thinks things were too rushed. Rafe doesn't buy it. He digs for more details, "You spoke to EJ in private. What did he say to you?"

Arianna pushes Brady away. He says he wants to make things right with her. Roman, with impeccable timing, comes in and tells Brady he called to warden to arrange his visit with Nicole. Arianna hurls and leaves.

Mia meets Will at the Java Café. He gives her a big hug and says he's glad she's there. "Where else would I be," asks Mia.

"Uh... school, maybe? Where we all should be..."

Mia asks Will to get her a latte. He leaves and Mia goes over to Chad and says they have to talk.

EJ computes and tells Anna things are excellent, "Soon we'll just be counting the hours until Samantha and Rafe are history."

"That better not be more than ten hours or you'll run out of fingers to count on," says Anna.

Rafe won't let it go. He badgers Sami until she blows her top.

Roman tells Brady, "Nicole told the warden she wouldn't see anyone especially Brady Black." They don't know if Nicole is even aware Sydney died. Arianna listens as Brady tells Roman he doesn't think it's fair that no one is there to tell her about Sydney. Arianna goes outside as Brady asks Roman to ask the warden again. "Are you sure that's a good idea," asks Roman.

Mia tells Chad she's worried about Will, as if Chad would give a flying leap about Will. "I need help cheering him up," says Mia. Chad agrees to meet her later at Maggie's after he gets off work to help her come up with a plan. "Don't say anything to anyone about it," she cautions. Chad agrees and walks off. Mia watches Gabi at a table and smirks.

EJ insists he has no feelings for Samantha, "I just would like my children to grow up as one family. Dysfunctional, of course, but still one family." He takes out his phone, "So, shall we get going."

Sami's phone interrupts World War III. EJ asks if Rafe is with her. Sami says yes. "Get rid of him," he orders, "Now!" He tells her he's on the way over. Sami hangs up.

Rafe looks up at her, "Let me guess — EJ. Making demands." Sami tells him EJ wants her to drop Johnny off, "I have to go pick him up from the babysitter, so I can do that." Rafe makes her job easy and starts to stomp out. He smooches her on the way. "What was that for," she asks.

"Whatever is going on... I love you." He leaves.

Sami whispers, "I love you, too."

Brady finds Arianna at the park bench, "I know you're upset, but you have no reason to worry. Statesville doesn't allow conjugal visits."

Arianna says she's not worried about Nicole, but she is worried about him, "She is with you all the time. I know that." Brady says he just thinks Nicole should know about Sydney, and that's it. Arianna blows up and runs through a litany of Nicole's insane crimes, "When are you going to realize that she will never be out of your life."

Gabi asks Chad about the movie and Chad the cad asks if she's sure she's OK about what happened between Mia and him. "You mean the baby," asks Gabi, "Yes."

"All the guys at school think I'm a dirtbag," says Chad, "I could make your life miserable."

"And I'm sure you will," says Gabi, "because this is DOOL and it's soooo predictable."

"I Hope you know what you are in for," says Chad. He walks off. Translation: summer is right around the corner and we have to set up the 'Teen hi-jinx' storyline for all the kiddies to watch on summer vacation.

EJ arrives at Sami's place and tells her he got another note from the kidnapper. Sami turns into a Mexican jumping bean with emotional issues as EJ gives it to her. The note instructs them to go to a website. EJ reads, "Don't tell anyone about this."

Chad tells Gabi he has to go, but says he'll call about the movie. He leaves as Will bumps into Gabi. He tells her he's sad about Sydney, and doesn't know what he would do if Mia weren't with him.

Brady continues to insist Nicole is just a friend. Arianna reminds him, "Not long ago you told her you loved her."

Chad gets to Maggie's' house. Mia says she almost didn't ask him to come because he was with Gabi, "Sometimes I think... you're still mad at me. I was awful to you when you first came back to Salem. I shouldn't have blamed you for shutting me out when you were away. You're more mature than you were then. I just think your experience at boarding school made you a better person and what I went through made me a better person. I'm glad we can still be friends."

"Is that what we are," asks Chad, "Friends?"

Rafe meets Roman at the pub, "Sydney may be gone but I am more determined than ever to find the person who did this to her. I want to hurt this person."

"All you have to do to hurt someone," says Roman, "is just spend some time with them. That's more pain than anyone should have to put up with."

EJ the pyro burns the note so Sami can't show it to Rafe. Sami insists she would not do that, "But I'm sure now when he comes back he's going to wonder why the apartment smells like the aftermath of the great Chicago fire." EJ reminds her there is a possibility they are just trying to extort money. Before that downer has a chance to send Sami flying off her rocker, her computer beeps, "OMG," gasps Sami.

Brady. Arianna. You've heard it all before. YAWN.

Gabi asks, "So Mia is (say it with her) always there for you?"

"Yeah," says Will, "You don't believe me?"

"Forget it," snorts Gabi. Will wants to know what's up. Gabi asks if Mia is really all that into him.

Chad says he didn't know he and Mia were anything, let alone friends. Mia tells him she missed him and goes through all the stuff with Nicole. Chad cuts off the ancient history lesson. "I know I hurt you," says Mia, "And I'm sorry. Sometimes I cry over it at night. I wish I wouldn't have pushed you away. I still think about you. Truth is... I can't stop."

Rafe and Roman talk about the plans for catching the dastardly person who kidnapped Sydney. Roman says he has info at the station that can help, but he's been through it several times and found nothing, "As bad as we feel, Sami's gotta feel a whole lot worse."

"That's the thing," says Rafe, "There is something else going on with her."

Sami bounces around and cheers like the Canadians at yesterday's hockey game, "It's Sydney! She's alllliiivvveee! She's alllliiivvveee! We watch Sydney in her crib as a message scrolls across Sami's computer screen, telling them to deliver five million dollars immediately." Sami whipsaws to the other end of the emotional spectrum and she breaks down.

Arianna... Brady... You've heard it all before. YAWN.

Will wants to know where Gabi is coming from. Gabi stammers, "I just think Mia has issues..."

"OK," says Will, "I get it." Translation: He's a guy. He doesn't get it.

Chad says he never expected to hear that, "Because you're with Will and you like him."

"It's not the same as what we had," says Mia, "I still think about that. Do you still think about me sometimes?"

Chad chokes, "I was gonna say no, so I could get back at you. You were all I thought about at boarding school and when I came back you were mean and didn't want me around. I moved on. You moved on. The plot... not so much."

Mia asks, "But you do still think about me?"

"Yeah," says Chad the chump, "I do."

"Me too," says Mia, "I think about me a lot." She moves in and kisses him.

Roman wonders if Rafe thinks Sami may be up to something. Ignoring the fact that Sami is always up to something, Rafe tells him about the familus gatheringus interruptus. Roman rationalizes for Sami and reminds Rafe she's lost two babies this year. Rafe says, "I thought she was hiding something from me. Maybe she was hiding from herself."

"No one is hiding the cheesy dialogue, however," says Roman. Rafe decides to go talk to Sami.

Sami blithers, "They said time is short. How are we going to come up with that money?"

"The FBI just gave me back my five million," says EJ, "It's in my safe." How conveeeeennnnient. "I promise you," he vows, "I will get our daughter back." El Depresso becomes El Maniac as EJ rushes out.

Brady... Arianna... you've heard it all before. YAWN.

Brady asks Arianna to go someplace with him, but it is, of course, a surprise.

Will insists what with everything Mia has been through she doesn't need him pushing her, "I'm letting her have her space but we'll make it."

Will may be letting her have her space, but there is no space at all between her and Chad. Suddenly, Chad pulls away, "I can't do this. This isn't right." He leaves.

"So what," huffs Mia, "I gave up worrying about what's right a long time ago."

EJ gets back to the hideout and tells Anna things went perfectly. He says it's time to see if Sami will keep her promise not to tell Rafe, "When she watched that video, she downloaded a Trojan horse onto her computer."

"On this show," says Anna, "It must've been a dead Trojan horse."

"Now that she's done that," says EJ, "I can control her webcam and microphone."

Sami replays the video on her computer, "Sydney you are so beautiful."

Peeping Tom DiMera watches, "Samantha, now we'll see if your word is any good."

Sami sobs as she watches, "I'll see you soon, angel." Rafe walks in. Sami looks up at him and stares.

NOTE – you can now follow Prevuze on twitter at: http://twitter.com/prevuze

Prevuze II has a video of the daily show previews, which should be available by noon (EST) on any given day. To see Prevuze II: CLICK HERE


7 Comments:

Anonymous Leslie said...

Mia asks Will to get her a latte.

Where does Will get enough money to pay for a latte? At least a Big Gulp is affordable.

"That better not be more than ten hours or you'll run out of fingers to count on," says Anna.

Anna you forgot about toes.

He badgers Sami until she blows her top.

Oh boy – something new and different for Sami. Geez!

"I know you're upset, but you have no reason to worry. Statesville doesn't allow conjugal visits."

Until Nicole comes sashaying back into Salem, there’s no real reason for Arianna to worry about her. Why would Brady pine over an imprisoned convict when he can boink the ex-con he’s with?

Translation: summer is right around the corner and we have to set up the 'Teen hi-jinx' storyline for all the kiddies to watch on summer vacation.

Thanks for the warning Prevuze.

"It's not the same as what we had," says Mia, "I still think about that.”

…sex in the backseat of a car, and that really worked out well.

"When she watched that video, she downloaded a Trojan horse onto her computer."

"On this show," says Anna, "It must've been a dead Trojan horse."

DOOL - the leading cause of narcolepsy to its viewers. YAWN!!!

Prevuze - thanks for giving the faithful a terrific Monday morning distillation of the the antics in Salem. You make this pap palatable!

5:56 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

"You spoke to EJ in private. What did he say to you?"
It's private?

"Uh... school, maybe? Where we all should be..."
It's obviously one of their free periods.

Arianna blows up and runs through a litany of Nicole's insane crimes,
That's how you become a part of the community! Play ball or go home, Ariana.

"All the guys at school think I'm a dirtbag," says Chad, "I could make your life miserable."
It's been a few years since I was in High-school. I don't recall I or my peers being so mature.

Translation: summer is right around the corner and we have to set up the 'Teen hi-jinx' storyline for all the kiddies to watch on summer vacation.
Perish the thought.

Brady. Arianna. You've heard it all before.
When Brady bails, it's not going to be because of Nicole, it's going to be because Ariana can't shut the hell up about her. No one wants to be badgered like that, especially when the topic at hand is gone!

~You know, I still don't see what Mia sees that is so desirable in Chad. The grass is greener, maybe?

Computer nonsense.
~Yeah... I doubt Ej is tech savvy enough to design, distribute and work a trojan. And someone sent an email or some file that automatically opened and showed a video of Sydney? How? Before the trojan infected the computer!? Because the alternative is that Sami said 'OMG!' because she got an email and then opened up the video and that's kinda pathetic. AND given the sharp, perfect quality of video files on soaps it would have to be a huge file. AND I doubt Sami has an email account that can support such large sends. AND what makes Sami think that that's a recent video? Is there a newspaper? AND someone could easily enough track down the IP address of the sender. I doubt EJ knows how to use a proxy, but pretending that he does, Rafe with his G-Man buddies could easily sift though it.

6:09 AM  
Blogger Applecheeks said...

Klaus, you took the words right out of my mouth about the "You spoke to EJ in private" comment. HA

Ditto on the "computer nonsence" part of your post, except for the part where you gave actual details about what EJ could or couldn't do and what the computer could or couldn't do and what the Feds could or couldn't do. Yeah, except for all that - exactly what I was going to say.

"It's Sydney! She's alllliiivvveee! She's alllliiivvveee!

Well, now all I can think of is the old clip of Victor Frankenstein cackling over his just-animated monster. LOLOL

”I moved on. You moved on. The plot... not so much."

Oh, Chad. You are so right, buddy.

By the third or fourth YAWN, Prevuze actually had ME yawning.

On the other hand, the fabulous pictures (like Dr. Dan's "little boo-boo" and the poor dead Trojan horse getting the be-jesus beaten out of him), were enough to keep me chuckling all day.

Word verification: mamolo NOW I'll have Berry Mamolo's song, "Sami" (sung to the tune of Barry Manilow's "Mandy") running through my head all day.

Oh, Sami
Well you came and you freaked without thinking....
Wish I'd sent you away, oh, Sami

Well you kissed Rafe and started EJ thinking
that he'd take Syd and vanish, oh Sami......

6:53 AM  
Anonymous Bulldog said...

A spying program sent via a Trojan horse. But only if you have some sort of camera on there to begin with, right? Because if you don't have a camera how could they watch. Waitaminute! Can they do that?? ARE THE BOSSES WATCHING ME THROUGH THE SCREEN ON MY WORK COMPUTER?!?!!?!?? Oh, sorry. I just had a Sami manic panic attack. I'm better now.

I can see what Mia sees in Chad over OldWill. Haven't seen enough of NuWill to even know. But I think it's kind of amusing in the pre-Emmy nominations that came out OldWill was nominated and he's not even on there now.

LOL over that poor dead horse (on DOOL he must be beaten down to beyond road kill by now) and "I thought she was hiding something from me. Maybe she was hiding from herself." "No one is hiding the cheesy dialogue, however," HAHAHAHA

I sure needed the chuckles to get me going on a Monday. Great recap. Thanks!!

6:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Chad really is a chump. She sold your baby dude!!!!!!!!

6:59 AM  
Anonymous CdnDOOLer said...

Give me a break. EJ doesn't even know how to use a Trojan condom, let alone a Trojan horse.

As an aside, I'm a Canadian who was jumping up and down after yesterday's hockey game :). And groaning a little bit at the closing ceremonies. Will Shatner and Nickleback? Is that the best we could do?

8:43 AM  
Anonymous WingNut '75 said...

And groaning a little bit at the closing ceremonies. Will Shatner and Nickleback? Is that the best we could do?

Come on - William Shatner's line about making love in a canoe completed the closing ceremonies for me. I was about in tears from laughing so hard (almost like I was reading Prevuze) :-).

As an American Red Wings fan, that game could have gone either way and I'd have been happy (since the Canadian team was buily by Stevie Y and coached by Mike Babcock). It was a competitive game, complete with last second heroics to tie it up and, overall, was good for the sport of hockey. But did it have to be Cindy Crybaby who scored?

The worst part is that it wasn't even a highlight reel goal - it was just a smart hockey play (that even a Pee Wee hockey player knows to make). But everywhere you look people are talking about it like it was the most amazing thing since sliced bread. Take away the context of where the goal was scored and what it meant and that's just about as run-of-the-mill as a goal gets. More Cindy C. hype - but I digress (though hockey really is much more interresting than DROOL...)

Prevuze - best darn hockey blog on the internet®

10:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Blogarama     Globe Of Blogs